Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are there any movies that made you understand certain aspects of life?

I think a movie that did that for me was "On Borrowed Time." I don't remember much about that movie except the end where Drew Barrymore's relative is in it and is told to stop keeping the dead person alive and to let them leave their painful bodies and go on to the next. Helped me think about death a different way.

Anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 12September 6, 2019 5:48 AM

Pookie from the Sterile Cuckoo showed me how to become sexually active.

by Anonymousreply 1September 5, 2019 4:50 AM

Back in the 90s, I saw "Schindler's List", and when it ended I sat there thinking "Why the FUCK am I wasting my life at a job I hate when I could be using my brief time on Earth to help others?". I won't say that's the only reason I left Cube Hell went to nursing school, but it was a factor.

by Anonymousreply 2September 5, 2019 4:54 AM

In Bruges made me understand purgatory and why the Irish are so fucked up and entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 3September 5, 2019 4:57 AM

Boyhood, Billy Elliott.

by Anonymousreply 4September 5, 2019 4:57 AM

My mom took me to see The Birdcage in theaters when i was 7. I didn’t know why at the time, but I was so enamored of their lifestyle. The 80’s Art Deco, the drag nightclub, the campy decor. I think I became gay that day

by Anonymousreply 5September 5, 2019 5:35 AM

"Mildred Pierce" made me gay.

That much I understood.

by Anonymousreply 6September 5, 2019 5:40 AM

9 to 5 made me realize that we have nothing to lose but our chains, and a world to win.

by Anonymousreply 7September 5, 2019 5:44 AM

She knew you were gay r5.

by Anonymousreply 8September 5, 2019 5:54 AM

“The hours”, “Boy’s in the band”, “the Shawshank redemption”

by Anonymousreply 9September 5, 2019 6:20 AM

The Sound of Music.

by Anonymousreply 10September 5, 2019 7:10 AM

how did mildred pierce make you gay

someone on Urban Baby recommened some blind movie with that lady, that old lady she stared in the big eyes lady, betty davis eyes. well i watched it and i was just like wtf. wtf. this is shit. no payoff no nothing just she went blind. i dont even get it. whatever

you know people who make movies make some nice shit, dont make shit that bring everyone down and make them want to kill themselves

im going to bed. i could not give a rat ass abotu typin

by Anonymousreply 11September 6, 2019 4:08 AM

Streisand singing My Man at the end of Funny Girl told me I would have lifetime of unrequited love.

by Anonymousreply 12September 6, 2019 5:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!