Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Dolly Parton Thread

Is their anyone with a better, more honest & humble personality? Never knew anyone who didn’t like her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 17, 2020 5:09 AM

Closet case. Not brave at all.

by Anonymousreply 1September 3, 2019 8:02 AM

Her face looks scary. She was naturally pretty and might have looked a lot better had she let herself age gracefully.

by Anonymousreply 2September 3, 2019 8:03 AM

I heard that she was entangled with Heidi Fleiss. Her “husband”, I’m sure is living his best life somewhere, since no one really knows what he looks like. She’s a caricature of herself. She was really cute when she started out. Her chest size was normal as well.

by Anonymousreply 3September 3, 2019 8:21 AM

R1 if so, she’s 73 and grew up in the Kentucky mountains. Did you expect that she would have got a Harley and a leather vest? I guarantee she’s contributed much more happiness to the world than you ever will.

by Anonymousreply 4September 3, 2019 8:23 AM

They're surely is not

by Anonymousreply 5September 3, 2019 8:27 AM

Secret dyke.

by Anonymousreply 6September 3, 2019 8:30 AM

There have been, at least, three completely different guys cited in photos as being 'Carl Dean' over the years. Who knows if there was even ever an original 'Carl Dean', but that role was repeatedly recast.

by Anonymousreply 7September 3, 2019 8:34 AM

She’s gotten into scary plastic surgery territory which makes me pity her and think she lacks common sense. Sorry, OP.

by Anonymousreply 8September 3, 2019 8:57 AM

Maybe it's a mask. Maybe she wears it so she can wander around the world unrecognized.

by Anonymousreply 9September 3, 2019 9:23 AM

Recently…Lesbians probably invented singing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 3, 2019 9:24 AM

Everything about her is construct and artifice, even the humble act.

She is one smart cookie and a bit of a math genius.

by Anonymousreply 11September 3, 2019 10:10 AM

"Never knew anyone who didn’t like her."

Me

by Anonymousreply 12September 3, 2019 11:10 AM

Tennessee mountains, not Kentucky. Idiot!

by Anonymousreply 13September 3, 2019 11:17 AM

Carl Dean #1

Notice the height of her heels and hair and where his shoulder falls in relation to the actual top of her head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 3, 2019 11:23 AM

Carl Dean #2

In this one, notice her much lower shoes and hair and where his shoulder meets the actual top of her head

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 3, 2019 11:25 AM

Carl Dean #3

…who the fuck is this guy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 3, 2019 11:28 AM

Roger Ebert on Dolly Parton:

“In Dallas for the premier of '9 to 5', I had an uncanny experience, and on the plane home to Chicago I confessed it to Siskel: I had been granted a private half hour with Dolly Parton, and as we spoke I was filled with a strange ethereal grace. This was not spiritual, nor was it sexual. It was healing and comforting. Gene listened and said, "Roger, I felt the exact same thing during my interview with her." We looked at each other. What did this mean? Neither one of us ever felt that feeling again. From time to time we would refer to it in wonder.”

by Anonymousreply 17September 3, 2019 12:12 PM

She's a space alien.

by Anonymousreply 18September 3, 2019 12:24 PM

Oh my god, you guys, what if there is a whole planet somewhere out there in a galaxy far far away that is filled with a species of Dolly?

by Anonymousreply 19September 3, 2019 12:25 PM

She’s had more work done than the West Side Highway. It’s a symptom of a mental illness and extreme vanity. Sorry OP

by Anonymousreply 20September 3, 2019 1:24 PM

There is something about her voice that is so soothing and homey. She sounds like the mother no one actually ever had, but wished they did. She never had any children of her own, Mr. Dean is an enigma, and she’s got that cushiony bosom. I think she is the Appalachian Virgin Mary! That would explain the sense of “ethereal grace” described above.

by Anonymousreply 21September 3, 2019 1:25 PM

Bonnie Mace

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 21, 2019 2:46 AM

Linda Rondstadt had to beg Emmylou Harris to agree to make a third album with Parton, as the singer kept blowing off expensive recording sessions with the other two to do her own thing.

They finally fired Parton from the third album when she pulled the same shit, and they used the songs they'd recorded so far on their own albums, minus her vocal tracks.

by Anonymousreply 23September 21, 2019 2:53 AM

I love me some Dolly and I also love this video about her life and looks.

My childhood friend lives in Tennessee and goes to Dollywood all the time. She knows some of her brothers and sisters, too. She said they are not pretentious and you would never know their sibling is rich and famous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 21, 2019 3:12 AM

The surgeries actually make her look older than 73.

by Anonymousreply 25September 21, 2019 4:13 AM

R25 I completely agree!

by Anonymousreply 26September 21, 2019 10:37 AM

She seems like a nice person who’s been famous too long.

Back in the day, my mother and I used to love Jeff Smith, “The Frugal Gourmet”. I was mildly crushed to learn he was a sex pest and bitter awful man. He seemed so affable and kind!

I harbor the same affection for Dolly Parton and Mister Rogers. I know they’re not perfect people, but I’ll be devastated to find out they were assholes.

by Anonymousreply 27September 21, 2019 12:35 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 21, 2019 2:20 PM

I don't think she's gay. Sue me

by Anonymousreply 29June 14, 2020 3:03 PM

I love Dolly so much, but I found this moment upsetting. I know she has a compulsion to stay apolitical so as not to offend her base, but did she REALLY have to go out of her way and undermine Lily in this moment? A lame Dabney Coleman shout out to distract from Jane and Lily’s anti-Trump comments??!?? This won’t age well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 14, 2020 3:13 PM

I loved her from the time I heard her being interviewed about "9 to 5". She was being complimented on her performance and downplayed the compliment saying "Oh someone said, get me that big tittied girl and that's how I got the part."

Who will play Dolly in her life story? I hope whoever it is, the film will end with the real Dolly performing -- like Tina Turner's biopic.

by Anonymousreply 31June 14, 2020 3:16 PM

R30 yeah I’m sure we’ll have to drag her to the SJW Gulag.

by Anonymousreply 32June 14, 2020 4:35 PM

Years ago, Dolly was sold on starting a 'Dolly Parton Foundation' for all the right reasons and her fans contributed their hard earned money. After digging into it, Dolly realized it was just a scam perpetrated in her name, making money for some shyster, and she shut it down. Her fans were hurt at the time but Dolly asked that everyone contribute to the charity of their choice. She didn't go into details but it was common knowledge she was pissed about being used.

by Anonymousreply 33June 14, 2020 4:41 PM

I'm a guy and still this line I read on DL made me LMAO:

Dolly Parton saying she supports gay rights is like Bullwinkle saying he supports moose rights.

by Anonymousreply 34June 14, 2020 6:21 PM

What you see is the true Dolly Parton. I liked in East Tennessee for a few years and because of my position, had the opportunity to see Dolly's good work and sincerity to improving the life of those living that area. She is a smart business woman and makes wise financial decisions.

by Anonymousreply 35June 14, 2020 7:21 PM

I Love Dolly Parton.

by Anonymousreply 36June 14, 2020 8:09 PM

Do you guys think that her and her husband really don't have sex together

by Anonymousreply 37June 16, 2020 4:26 PM

R1 Or straight, therefore brave

by Anonymousreply 38June 16, 2020 4:27 PM

I like her, but I feel she has a nasty dark side.

by Anonymousreply 39June 16, 2020 4:44 PM

Dolly and Willie. I never knew they sang together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 17, 2020 5:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!