Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Twitter Shocked by allegation Comedian Paul Mooney was involved with Richard Pryor’s Son

Twitter was abuzz on Monday afternoon with a salacious story surrounding two of the greatest comedians who have ever graced a stage: According to Richard Pryor’s bodyguard, the late comedian’s young son was “violated” by Paul Mooney decades ago. That unsubstantiated report published Monday rocked social media and propelled Mooney’s name to the top of Twitter’s trending topics as tweets flooded timelines with opinions on the unfounded report by Rashon Kahn, who spoke out during an interview promoting his upcoming book.

Kahn, who said he was also Pryor’s trainer, told the website Comedy Hype that the legendary comedian put a hit out on Mooney for $1 million and wanted him dead after learning of the alleged violation. Pryor’s son was reportedly a young boy at the time around 1985. Pryor had two other sons — Stephen Michael and Franklin — who were born in 1984 and 1987, respectively. Hip Hop Wired wrote that Kahn “said that because of Pryor’s drug use, he wanted to wait a few days before confirming if what his boss said was accurate. When approached again, a clear-headed Pryor restated his desire to have Mooney killed.”

Kahn’s new book is reportedly called “Everything Wasn’t Funny.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62May 19, 2021 8:35 PM

Not a rape, apparently?

(And no, I'm not a shill. I've got no idea who any of those people are.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 26, 2019 11:22 PM

Richard Pryor's son was born in 1961.

by Anonymousreply 2August 26, 2019 11:23 PM

Dude was in his 20s at the relevant time

by Anonymousreply 3August 26, 2019 11:35 PM

Incredible how quick the homophobic spin was.

by Anonymousreply 4August 26, 2019 11:37 PM

Richard roasting Paul

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 26, 2019 11:40 PM

Roast

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 26, 2019 11:42 PM

Cannot wait to see how this turns out. Paul Mooney is a hilarious, but a bitter queen, who is color struck. Karma is more than a female dog.

by Anonymousreply 7August 27, 2019 12:37 AM

How is he color struck, r7?

by Anonymousreply 8August 27, 2019 12:40 AM

R7, you summed P. Mooney perfectly, when he bitches about Oprah Winfrey, I'd swear he's a Datalounger.

R8, Mooney insists that O.J. Simpson & Micheal Jackson are completely innocent & all victims of "The Man".

by Anonymousreply 9August 27, 2019 12:45 AM

I've worked with Mooney and he really is a terrible man. I do think he is amazingly talented but I am very glad to see that the biggest news his name will be linked to is this story.

by Anonymousreply 10August 27, 2019 12:57 AM

How is he terrible?

by Anonymousreply 11August 27, 2019 1:11 AM

R10 That he hooked up with a 20-something adult 35 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 12August 27, 2019 1:26 AM

Pryor was hardly a stranger to dick. Not sure why he freaked like that.

by Anonymousreply 13August 27, 2019 1:36 AM

Paul Mooney is a brilliant comedian but he is incredibly bitter. Never knew he was an old queen though.

by Anonymousreply 14August 27, 2019 1:43 AM

He’s ALLEGEDLY an old queen.

by Anonymousreply 15August 27, 2019 1:46 AM

He comes across as effeminate

by Anonymousreply 16August 27, 2019 1:48 AM

Wasn't Pryor unusually gay-friendly for his time and even publicly admitted to having sucked dick himself? And suddenly he's supposed to have been this psychotic homophobe who wanted his friend [italic]killed[/italic] for having consensual sex with his adult son? This makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 17August 27, 2019 1:56 AM

Love Paul Mooney but I believe this

by Anonymousreply 18August 27, 2019 1:59 AM

Believe he had sex with a 25 year old dude?

by Anonymousreply 19August 27, 2019 2:00 AM

Why am I not understanding the scandal? No mention of rape and they are both adults.

Any headline that begins with Twitter reacts is Garbage.

by Anonymousreply 20August 27, 2019 2:15 AM

I always assumed PM was gay .Didnt everyone?

by Anonymousreply 21August 27, 2019 2:37 AM

Paul denies the accusation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 27, 2019 2:39 AM

What allegation? Sex between consenting adults?

by Anonymousreply 23August 27, 2019 2:40 AM

It’s also being reported as an allegation he had sex with an underage RP Junior

by Anonymousreply 24August 27, 2019 2:43 AM

Yawn....

by Anonymousreply 25August 27, 2019 2:44 AM

Here's an old quote from LSA

[Quote] Paul Mooney has been a client of a good friend of mine who owns a high end dry cleaning business. I've seen him on many occasions while visiting her throughout the years. His clothes are DISGUSTING DIRTY AND SMELLY and he has a penchant for white thuggish wife beater wearing bottoms with corn rows. I mean that's all we see him with and all they do is come in with him/her/whatever, drop Ms. Mooney's filthy clothes on the counter and drive her around like Daisy. Ms. Mooney is a freak and a half to put it mildly and a dirty one at that.

by Anonymousreply 26August 27, 2019 2:45 AM

R24. You lie. He was in his 20s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 27, 2019 2:47 AM

Also, Richard Pryor fucked Marlon Brando. Take your homophobic ass elsewhere, OP. The Bellagio perhaps.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 27, 2019 2:49 AM

Pryor could still have flipped out about his friend - a fellow comedian, not just a "civilian" - fucking his son.

by Anonymousreply 29August 27, 2019 2:57 AM

Pryor was a victim of a horrific rape himself and may have even gotten the wrong idea about what happened. Freaked out because it was his kid.

by Anonymousreply 30August 27, 2019 3:10 AM

From the interview.

"“Their relationship became fragile because Paul Mooney has f**ked Richard’s son by that time. He was violated. Paul took advantage of the situation. There was a time where Paul Mooney was Richard’s friend. So when Paul did what he did it was a violation of friendship first, then ‘my son’."

Sounds rapey to me.

by Anonymousreply 31August 27, 2019 3:15 AM

LSA also claimed that Pryor's song was a drag queen. Is that true?

by Anonymousreply 32August 27, 2019 3:23 AM

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 33August 27, 2019 3:26 AM

Correction:

[Quote] LSA also claimed that Pryor's SON was a drag queen. Is that true?

by Anonymousreply 34August 27, 2019 3:27 AM

I'd be pissed if my friend had sex with my kid even if it were consensual or the kid was of age. There are boundaries. The question we'll never know is if Pryor considered it molestation or the story got misconstrued. I saw Rashon Khan in a Pryor documentary, he definitely seems like he could get things wrong.

by Anonymousreply 35August 27, 2019 4:53 AM

Here is Junior's drag alterego.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 27, 2019 5:12 AM

1970s pic of the Richard Pryors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 27, 2019 5:14 AM

All grown up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 27, 2019 5:15 AM

Wow that drag pic......

by Anonymousreply 39August 27, 2019 5:36 AM

*Homophobic Black Twitter Shocked by allegation Comedian Paul Mooney was involved with Richard Pryor’s Son

by Anonymousreply 40August 27, 2019 7:09 AM

Does "Black Twitter" = the hideous, vile, shrieking harpies of Lipstick Alley?

by Anonymousreply 41August 27, 2019 7:32 AM

Oh my

by Anonymousreply 42August 27, 2019 10:49 AM

Rape of an adult male, outside of prison, is rare.

by Anonymousreply 43August 27, 2019 12:08 PM

His son was in his 20s when Richard made an issue out of it, but how old was Jr. when it started with Mooney? Maybe that is the issue?

by Anonymousreply 44August 27, 2019 1:22 PM

It's not rape but a lot of parents would be pissed if their friends or co workers fucked their kids.

by Anonymousreply 45August 27, 2019 1:32 PM

Stop using black Twitter and LSA as an excuse to be racist. They're no different than DL. And you fucking know it.

by Anonymousreply 46August 27, 2019 1:39 PM

Many years ago I watched an interview with Mooney. The conversation turned to race relations. Mooney said he'd been called n----r by lots of white people in his lifetime and he had the same response each time. He said "when a white man calls me a n----r, I say 'and you're a n----r lover' right back, and it gets 'em every time." Priceless!

by Anonymousreply 47August 27, 2019 1:50 PM

I wonder what Negrodamus has to say about Paul Mooney's future!

by Anonymousreply 48August 27, 2019 5:26 PM

R46 is insane and thinks to mention anything ⚫️ is racist.

by Anonymousreply 49August 27, 2019 5:33 PM

In that last linked article it says it was confirmed by RP's widow.

by Anonymousreply 50August 27, 2019 8:45 PM

That they fucked in his 20s, not a rape

by Anonymousreply 51August 27, 2019 8:54 PM

Oh my

by Anonymousreply 52August 27, 2019 11:36 PM

TMZ: Richard Jr. didn't want to touch the alleged hit, but he quickly pivoted to the topic of sex ... saying that "whatever happened to me" took place long ago when he was young, suggesting he was molested as a teenager well before the '80s. He does not name Paul Mooney.

RPJ never gave us a specific age, but afterward his rep told us it was definitely "under the age of consent" when we asked about Kahn's allegation pertaining to Mooney. It should be noted though, Richard Jr. didn't name any names on camera, so it's unclear who he's talking about here.

On the claim that someone had sex with him as a teen -- our photog asks if it was consensual. Watch the clip ... Jr. let us know, in no uncertain terms, it could NOT have been.

As we reported, Mooney flat-out denied the bodyguard's allegations, saying there's no truth to anything Kahn said. We've reached out to them regarding this new Richard Jr. claim, but so far no word back.

Pryor's widow, Jennifer Lee, has said Richard Jr. has previously accused Mooney of sexually assaulting him ... during a family event, which she claims to have on tape.

by Anonymousreply 53August 27, 2019 11:39 PM

Didn't Junior write a book ("In a Pryor Life")? None of this was broached in the book?

by Anonymousreply 54August 27, 2019 11:45 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 55August 28, 2019 12:17 PM

Something fishy about this whole story, something left out. I don't want to speculate on what happened but every gay guy I know had some kind of sexual experience with someone older when they were young or extremely young.

by Anonymousreply 56August 29, 2019 3:13 AM

@ R56 Y-a-w-n…silly old homophobic trope: all geighs are molesters/predators, or victims of same. Tonette is that you? Something fishy about you, Frau. Pun intended.

by Anonymousreply 57August 29, 2019 6:38 AM

Smdh

by Anonymousreply 58August 29, 2019 10:01 AM

Someone kept yammering on and on that it was when Pryor Jr. was in his 20s, so, so what? He posted this same thing 4 times.

Now, Richard Pryor Jr. has clarified it was "way before the '80s" when he was a teen. And that it was non-consentual. That same person is saying "something fishy." Why are you defending Mooney fucking a teenager?

by Anonymousreply 59August 29, 2019 11:43 AM

TMZ: We've learned the owner of the Atlanta Comedy Theater has now offered full refunds to those who were expecting to attend the show tonight. He's also passing out free tickets for future shows. Paul Mooney isn't leaping at the opportunity to show his face in public after being accused of misconduct with Richard Pryor Jr. -- the comic just pulled out of a show -- and we're told he'll be taking the next few weeks off.

Mooney was set to take the stage Wednesday in Atlanta at the ATL Comedy Theater, where he was serving as the MC for the night in a long lineup of comedians. But, a sign outside the venue made it clear ... PM wasn't going to show.

The sign reads, "ATTENTION!! Paul Mooney is NOT on show tonight due to health reasons. We will transfer purchase to Faizon Love or Donnell Rawlings. Let box office know."

by Anonymousreply 60August 29, 2019 11:44 AM

R56 what in the entire fuck are u talking about?

by Anonymousreply 61August 29, 2019 4:00 PM

Will Richard Pryor Jr tell the full story now that Mooney has died?

by Anonymousreply 62May 19, 2021 8:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!