Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Leah Remini comes for Elisabeth Moss and her hypocrisy.

Pussies!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153September 15, 2019 3:08 PM

I didn’t think I could love Leah more than I do, but this article is amazing! I love her going after Kirstie!

by Anonymousreply 1August 25, 2019 5:05 PM

Damn Leah is not playing with these brainwashed ghouls.

by Anonymousreply 2August 25, 2019 5:13 PM

Oh please, this chick....save the tough girl, no bs routine....for decades when asked direct questions about the craziness of your “church” you denied and deflected. You were stupid enough join a cult with laughably absurd doctrine, stop projecting.

by Anonymousreply 3August 25, 2019 5:18 PM

R3 Yes, as a small child, she was able to make that “choice”! Are you a Scientologist?

by Anonymousreply 4August 25, 2019 5:22 PM

You never see Alyssa Milano go after Scientology. She doesn't want to ruffle any feathers in that group.

by Anonymousreply 5August 25, 2019 5:28 PM

There always seems to be one bitchy queen like R3 who hates everyone and everything

by Anonymousreply 6August 25, 2019 5:32 PM

Okay I just have to say that she did tweet something against Scientology. So that's good.

by Anonymousreply 7August 25, 2019 5:32 PM

R4 What choice are you referring to, and why put the word in quotes? No, I am not a Scientologist, I called them a “cult” (quotes here used correctly) - can you not read?

R6 I don’t hate everything, just pseudo religious hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 8August 25, 2019 5:41 PM

Apparently r3 doesn't understand this woman has now made it her mission to discredit this "church." r3 wants her to go back in time. r3 is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 9August 25, 2019 5:43 PM

Clam alert!

by Anonymousreply 10August 25, 2019 5:48 PM

Alyssa Millano? Do we care what she tweets or doesn't? Does anyone? Did she used to be a clam? I don't get the connection.

Remini is not taking any prisoners. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 11August 25, 2019 6:14 PM

Just like Leah, Elizabeth Moss was raised in Scientology and her entire family is there. Leah admits both of those things make it very difficult to snap out of the programing. What woke Leah was how badly she was treated after her run in with Miscavige. I doubt Moss is looking for Shelly at Toms wedding so she'll never get a personal wakeup call. But then who knows, I remember the days we thought Leah was in it for life and look at her now.

by Anonymousreply 12August 25, 2019 6:34 PM

They were on a show called Living Dolls together. They are both outspoken and of the same age range and petite Italian beauties with thick Brooklyn accents.

by Anonymousreply 13August 25, 2019 6:35 PM

R9 Nope, not a moron nor do I want her to go back in time...however, some accountability on her part would be nice. Does no one besides me see the irony and hypocrisy in her calling out people for doing the same thing she did for decades?

Worse, she isn’t a just so happens to be Scientologist celebrity like Liz Moss, she was out there for years promoting and normalizing it to anyone who would listen. Fuck her and fuck the posters on here calling me a moron, bitchy queen, clam etc because I see her for what she is.

by Anonymousreply 14August 25, 2019 7:05 PM

She is the first one to say she was complicit.

by Anonymousreply 15August 25, 2019 7:09 PM

R14 is having feelings today.

by Anonymousreply 16August 25, 2019 7:11 PM

R14 is having a stroke.

by Anonymousreply 17August 25, 2019 7:25 PM

R14 is a fucking 'tard. Look, idiot, she risked everything to get out and now she spends her life fighting the clams. She admits everything she used to do and calls them out for still doing it. She admits her guilt, she admits her past behavior was awful, she left the cult and has fought/exposed them ever since. Hypocrites don't do that. She's not a hypocrite, dumbass.

R14, you keep using these words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.

by Anonymousreply 18August 25, 2019 7:54 PM

My goodness, Leah certainly doesn't censor herself!!!

GOOD.

by Anonymousreply 19August 25, 2019 8:03 PM

Leah is a hero. If this wasn't about a "religion" she would be celebrated as such. I'd kiss her fat ass.

R3 is Kirstie Alley.

by Anonymousreply 20August 25, 2019 8:17 PM

Leah is only sin was being complicit in screwing over the lady who played the wife on Kevin Can Wait, otherwise she's a freaking hero in my book.

by Anonymousreply 21August 25, 2019 8:20 PM

Will someone define clam for me? R10

by Anonymousreply 22August 25, 2019 8:29 PM

A Clam = A $cientologist

by Anonymousreply 23August 25, 2019 8:31 PM

Got it! Thank you, sunshine pants! R23

by Anonymousreply 24August 25, 2019 8:34 PM

Loved that article. That shit needed to be said. Also, Giovanni Ribisi - what a little worm. Always has been.

by Anonymousreply 25August 25, 2019 8:44 PM

Bow down to REMINI! You can hear voice-accent so clearly just by reading what she says.

by Anonymousreply 26August 25, 2019 8:52 PM

Back off Leah or I'll snatch your wig!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 25, 2019 9:32 PM

R18 lol, calm down, are you her publicist? Please post a link where she admits to guilt and awful past behavior, I would love to read it!

by Anonymousreply 28August 25, 2019 9:41 PM

r28 just keeps beating that dead horse, even though NO ONE here agrees with him!

by Anonymousreply 29August 25, 2019 9:43 PM

R29, honey, there is no R28. I'm so sorry, we all imagine things from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 30August 25, 2019 9:50 PM

R28 Trying watching her show! Read her book. Do your own fucking research. She talks about it endlessly.

by Anonymousreply 31August 25, 2019 9:53 PM

Exactly R31. Leah is the best and she's not all talk. She's helping people. We can only do the best we can from what we know now. She's more than made amends. I can't stand that cow eyed hypocrite Elisabeth Moss. Margaret Atwood had no say in casting - but she's sold out her own vision and warning in The Handmaid's Tale too. She knows better.

When you know better, you are called upon to do better. Leah answered.

by Anonymousreply 32August 25, 2019 10:01 PM

R31 You seem to be confused; yes, she talks endlessly about the awful things Scientology is and does but I had she talked about her part in it?

by Anonymousreply 33August 25, 2019 10:09 PM

Leah's a badass, I love her.

Dl4life you have to realize how hard it is to wake up from cult indoctrination when you were raised in it from childhood. You're being very unfair. Most people in Leah's position, upon waking up, quietly slink off into the sunset, just glad to be free.

Not our girl Leah! She's kicking ass, and taking names!

by Anonymousreply 34August 25, 2019 10:11 PM

r33, still beating that dead horse.

Apparently people aren't redeemable, no matter what they do.

r33 must have a lot of friends with his all-embracing attitude.

by Anonymousreply 35August 25, 2019 10:12 PM

And yes, she's talked about her part in it. She believed she was doing the right thing at the time. Now she actually IS.

by Anonymousreply 36August 25, 2019 10:13 PM

R33 = alter-ego for R28

And now there is no R33 anymore.

by Anonymousreply 37August 25, 2019 10:15 PM

Does anyone know how Michelle Stafford and Sharon Case are coexisting on the set?

by Anonymousreply 38August 25, 2019 10:18 PM

R37 or I merely didn’t tick the signature box before hitting the post but go off Nancy Drew.

R35 thank you for your concern, but my social life is fine. How’s yours?

by Anonymousreply 39August 26, 2019 12:22 AM

Why would they not get along? Also, is Brandi Carlile really cheating on her wife with Moss, of all people?

by Anonymousreply 40August 26, 2019 12:24 AM

[quote]Please post a link where she admits to guilt and awful past behavior, I would love to read it!

This is called a book. It was written by Leah and it was a best seller and so successful it's been published in paperback too. Maybe you could read it and it will inform you about Leah's life in Scientology and after.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 26, 2019 12:36 AM

The show is wrapping up soon she and Mike will answer all your questions I hear.

by Anonymousreply 42August 26, 2019 2:13 AM

There’s a particular kind of hypocrisy in EM’s situation as she’s a feminist icon not only for HT but as Peggy Olson. All of her roles are variations on feminist themes. Yet she’s a member of a religious cult that enslaves and abuses and she couldn’t give a flying fuck.

by Anonymousreply 43August 26, 2019 2:21 AM

It's called acting, dear.

by Anonymousreply 44August 26, 2019 2:44 AM

I’ve hated EM since The West Wing

by Anonymousreply 45August 26, 2019 2:45 AM

Go leah! She has no more ducks to give after the way Scientology has targeted her with their smear campaign. They are her enemies!

by Anonymousreply 46August 26, 2019 2:47 AM

*fucks

by Anonymousreply 47August 26, 2019 2:47 AM

Leah grew up in Scientology. The fact that she broke free is a miracle by itself. Aim your anger at the adults who joined willingly and have been a PR tool to recruit others. Start with Tom Cruise

by Anonymousreply 48August 26, 2019 7:05 AM

Did Moss grow up in Scientology like Leah Remini? or did she join as an adult? A poster upthread claimed Moss grew up in it, but does he know for sure?

It's just that if Moss grew up in it, she's been brainwashed her entire life so it would make it that much harder for her to break out of it, and why should she? I mean, she has an incredibly successful career and appears to be as happy as any individual can be. Sometimes brainwashing is the way to go.

I'm a realist, I believe I see things as they really are, and I'm miserable as hell!

by Anonymousreply 49August 26, 2019 7:32 AM

Remini more than talks about her complicity; her A&E series opening sequence begins with video of a young Leah Remini defending Scientology, and throughout different episodes she has shown additional footage of herself espousing the same defenses of Scientology that she attacks these other celebs for. She has just had it and isn’t willing to walk on eggshells and avoid offending celebrities who participate because she has now gotten to know all these regular people who were tortured by the organization. She earned the disdain she has. Her attitude is not nice, but she’s there to bust up a criminal racket.

by Anonymousreply 50August 26, 2019 8:49 AM

Neil Gaiman grew up as a scientologist. His parents worked for the organization and I think his sister works for the Celebrity Center in Hollywood now. I think that’s pretty fascinating given that his whole career is steeped in fantasy and mythology, and he has written everything from comic books to kids’ books to novels, TV series and feature films—and his best friend is Tori Amos. Amos has always talked in detail about how being the daughter of a minister has fucked her up. Gaiman does not discuss Scientology at all except to say that it was his upbringing and he now has nothing to do with the organization at all. I wonder what they did to him.

by Anonymousreply 51August 26, 2019 8:55 AM

On the best note, Beck finally cut ties. He’s divorcing his Scientology anchor of a wife. He wants nothing to do with the cult.

by Anonymousreply 52August 26, 2019 9:04 AM

Where is Shelly Miscavige?

by Anonymousreply 53August 26, 2019 9:08 AM

[quote]some accountability on her part would be nice.

She's talked about her own role in the problem of Scientology numerous times. You didn't even do a cursory Google search before spouting off, did you?

[quote]Does no one besides me see the irony and hypocrisy in her calling out people for doing the same thing she did for decades?

By your logic, no one could possibly ever learn a lesson, figure out the truth, grow up and try to help a situation, because they did bad things in the past and are hypocrites unless they keep doing those bad things forever.

by Anonymousreply 54August 26, 2019 9:19 AM

Here's an article where Remini talks about her guilt over the years when she was in Scientology:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 26, 2019 9:23 AM

R51, Gaiman's family hosted a South African Scientologist named Johannes Hermanus Scheepers in their home in 1968, and the man ended up dead in the Gaiman family car. Neil Gaiman's father David told the police that Scheepers wasn't a Scientologist, even though his travel paperwork clearly indicated he was, and told them a story about how Scheepers was a gambler who had just lost all his money, so the death must have been a suicide. It was ruled suicide (he was indeed found inside the car with a pipe pumping carbon monoxide through a window) but there was also a second suicide note where Scheepers had clarified to anyone who found his body that totally had nothing to do with Scientology whatsoever.

Neil Gaiman's book The Ocean at the End of the Lane opens with a black man killing himself in the family car and the suicide brings evil upon the family.

He was also listed as a Scientology donor along with his ex wife, who is still in the organization, but I should mention that clam hunter Tony Ortega insists Gaiman isn't a Scientologist anymore.

That said, I once wrote about Amanda Palmer's scandal where she wanted musicians to play with her for free even after raising over $1M from fans for tour funding, and someone commented about rumors that Palmer didn't have the money because she donated so much to Scientology. I didn't respond to the comment on the article. At the time, I was friends with a UK science fiction author who is friends with Gaiman and Palmer, and he was so angry at the comment on my article that he blocked and banned me from all forms of contact. He then started spreading strange rumors about me on social media, he was so spooked. And I hadn't even said anything, it was just some anonymous comment on the website I was writing for at the time.

So... I don't think the situation is cut and dried. I think there's a good chance NG is still in the cult, that he goes to great lengths to hide it, and it's weird that he has so much money from his dad's fake vitamins and his own career that his wife was begging fans for donations so she could go on tour.

by Anonymousreply 56August 26, 2019 9:44 AM

[quote]There’s a particular kind of hypocrisy in EM’s situation as she’s a feminist icon not only for HT but as Peggy Olson. All of her roles are variations on feminist themes. Yet she’s a member of a religious cult that enslaves and abuses and she couldn’t give a flying fuck.

Exactly. I was embarrassed for Margaret Atwood when she defended Moss's Scientology ties, basically saying that it's no more shady than any other religion. It's about damn time somebody with a loud voice came for Moss - the way she's been treated with kid gloves and allowed to hide behind her feminist roles, especially The Handmaid's Tale, is pathetic. The irony of someone like her playing a woman enslaved and abused by a theocratic government is too fucking much.

by Anonymousreply 57August 26, 2019 9:58 AM

It really was a bad choice in casting.

by Anonymousreply 58August 26, 2019 10:14 AM

Very interesting, R56. Sometimes good "dish" pops up in unexpected places.

by Anonymousreply 59August 26, 2019 10:14 AM

[Quote] . I was embarrassed for Margaret Atwood when she defended Moss's Scientology ties, basically saying that it's no more shady than any other religion.

She really said that?? How disappointing 😕

by Anonymousreply 60August 26, 2019 3:19 PM

Where is Shelly Miscavige?

by Anonymousreply 61August 26, 2019 3:51 PM

The LAPD is so up Scientology butt that they will not investigate properly. It's sick. The FBI are pussies. I hope they're not reading this. 📲

by Anonymousreply 62August 26, 2019 3:53 PM

I've never liked moss even before I knew she was a scientologist. Yvonne strahovski/serena joy is way better. Wonder if they get along?

by Anonymousreply 63August 26, 2019 4:20 PM

Love Leah, she takes no prisoners.

by Anonymousreply 64August 26, 2019 4:37 PM

Moss did grow up in it and her entire, at least, immediate family is entrenched. Given the disconnection policy, it is not difficult to understand why she stays as quiet, as is possible, on the subject. Leah was enormously fortunate that her entire family agreed to leave with her. That pretty much never, ever happens.

by Anonymousreply 65August 26, 2019 4:42 PM

It's strange to my American ears to hear an American woman use the word "twat." I like it.

by Anonymousreply 66August 26, 2019 4:55 PM

Why does Remini get angrier the more she talks? She made some points at the start of the interview but then she’s incoherent. Is that a result of Scientology?

by Anonymousreply 67August 26, 2019 5:04 PM

I think Scientology is crazy as shit, but I think the same way about Christianity or any other organized religion. Does Scientology get so much focus because of its entertainment industry connection?

by Anonymousreply 68August 26, 2019 5:20 PM

Watch some of her series R68 if you're seriously asking. It's their history of going after anyone full force who questions them at all, including the FBI. They practically enslave those on the lower rungs and don't allow kids to live with their parents, as well as forcing those kids to work hard labor under dangerous conditions. If you leave you're hounded by their people and not allowed to have contact with your family.

That's just the tip of the iceberg though.

by Anonymousreply 69August 26, 2019 5:38 PM

Thanks R69. I will check out her show.

by Anonymousreply 70August 26, 2019 5:45 PM

R66 Americans have used twat for at least 50 years. Possibly more, I don't know, but at least 50. It's not that commonly used, but we're no strangers to it.

by Anonymousreply 71August 26, 2019 6:17 PM

Now no one even says oops when they're passing their gas whatever happened to class?

by Anonymousreply 72August 26, 2019 7:25 PM

People confuse EM's cold-bitch act with feminism. It's a common mistake. Isabelle Huppert benefits from the same misconception.

by Anonymousreply 73August 26, 2019 7:56 PM

She seems well-liked among the $cio escapees at Operation Clambake.

by Anonymousreply 74August 26, 2019 8:02 PM

Maybe I hang out with the wrong women (the right women?) since I don't hear them say "twat" often if ever.

by Anonymousreply 75August 26, 2019 8:58 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76August 26, 2019 11:48 PM

It's pretty dumb that this thread turns out to be about defending Leah Remini to a few idiots who obviously know nothing about Scientology. They kill people. They enslave people. They break families apart forever and ruin lives. They believe that all people, including babies are fully formed entities who have lived before on some other fucking planet. (Tom Cruise kept referring to infant Suri as a wonderful person!) It's free reign to exploit anyone and everyone. Especially women and children. You must forsake all friends and family members who break away or don't believe if they are labelled "suppressive." Including your own mother. (Nicole Kidman) Scientologists are brainwashed and systematically reprogrammed. This is not science fiction, but the "religion" is.

The celebrity members of Scientology have it much easier. They are called upon to represent and recruit fo sure. It's well know that Cruise worked hard to get Beckham and Posh to join and Leah most likely tried to recruit JLO. Will and Jada - who knows if they're in our out. But eventually you must go public. Scientology is too complex to cover here and I'm no expert. Leah was both privileged and indoctrinated. What precipitated her downfall was a big question - that she asked in a fair amount of mouthy innocence. Where is Shelly? Why do we never see Shelly? She also criticized when she witnessed the infant Suri Cruise being left to wail with no attention. (they are born fully formed entities) The celebrity members are allowed to be mouthy & Leah always had a personality. But they are to charmingly mouthy as their celebrity self. The big boys and Tom Cruise punished Leah for questioning the whereabouts of Shelly Miscavige. She was ostracized from the organization - and given some penance to do. Her punishment was minor compared to what the real workers go through. People sign their lives away legally for a billion years to the church of $scientology. Leah knew this, but she KNOWS it now and she RANG the fucking bell. She remains herself but changed. She was born into this CULT. Now she knows how others suffer and lives are constantly destroyed. She is using her celebrity, lifelong experience, knowledge and BALLS to expose everything she can about this EVIL cult. Because it is evil. Leah talks a lot, but her show is about listening. She's a fucking hero. I wish I could be more clear. But I am not an expert on this. The reality of the power and control that Scientology exerts is hard for some people to believe exists in a free society. Read a damn book. Nobody expected Nazis to make a comeback either. Here we are.

by Anonymousreply 77August 27, 2019 12:21 AM

Show is about to start on A and E if anybody's interested.

by Anonymousreply 78August 27, 2019 12:58 AM

In case no one else posted this, Leah called herself a hypocrite. Now go STFU, moron at r28 et al.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 27, 2019 1:05 AM

In defense of Neil Gaiman, his whole family (parents, sisters, ex-wife) are all still $cientologists an he doesn't want them to shun him. If he speaks against it, they would have to disconnect from him.

He is in a very public open marriage, which would be condemned by the very prudish cult, so I believe him when he says he's out.

And I like Leah and her show. I do wish she'd lay off the fillers and/or surgery, because her face is pretty much immobile now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80August 27, 2019 1:27 AM

[quote]It's pretty dumb that this thread turns out to be about defending Leah Remini to a few idiots who obviously know nothing about Scientology.

Maybe they do know.

by Anonymousreply 81August 27, 2019 1:37 AM

Maybe they do know about $cientology but then again, maybe they're just Remini bashers. Clams would do it, pretending they're not clams, just to fuck with her.

So what do the ones who have escaped say about Moss? That she was nice to them? Not like Tammy always fucking with people. I saw a headline recently that said Tammy Cruise personally punishes $cientologists. It was so repulsive I didn't even bother to read the damn thing. I just thought - that is so not surprising and blech.

by Anonymousreply 82August 27, 2019 4:05 AM

Sorry, but $cientology is still far less a source of evil and destruction than Christianity. $cienos aren't electing their adherents to strip anyone of their bodily, civil or human rights. $cientology hasn't been the cause of a thousand wars. Christianity has been brain washing, abusing and enslaving people for 2k years. All theists are delusional and all religions are harmful to civilization.

by Anonymousreply 83August 27, 2019 4:15 AM

Little known fact: Faye Dunaway was fired from Scientology for calling David Miscavige 'little homosexual boy'

by Anonymousreply 84August 27, 2019 4:20 AM

Miscavige is 5 ft 3in

giggle

by Anonymousreply 85August 27, 2019 4:21 AM

Xenu is only 5'4" himself, so...

by Anonymousreply 86August 27, 2019 4:25 AM

The difference between Scientology and other real religions is the others don't punish you for life for leaving the church. Or not attending every service. Or not giving enough money. Or make you relatives disown you because you no longer attend.

I never gave a dime to my Christian denomination church and I was always welcomed with open arms.

Also, must families aren't monolithic in there religion. None of my relatives go to the same church as the others. It's called free will.

by Anonymousreply 87August 27, 2019 4:26 AM

Jesus loves you r83. May he visit your troubled spirit with his healing love tonight. We pray for you and shall rejoice in your awakening!

by Anonymousreply 88August 27, 2019 4:26 AM

[quote] $cienos aren't electing their adherents to strip anyone of their bodily, civil or human rights.

They don't elect them, no. I'm not sure how the upper level $cienos get their power to do the evil things they do.

Where is Shelly Miscavige? How are her bodily, civil and human rights these days?

Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 89August 27, 2019 4:27 AM

It is getting hard for me to give Cruise, Alley, Moss, Travolta etc etc a pass now that I know the fucked up shit this cult has been doing for years. Ignorance is no longer an excuse for them.

by Anonymousreply 90August 27, 2019 4:31 AM

Giovanni Ribisi is probably scared because Leah is practically the same size as him and would most likely kick his ass. I hate to admit it, but I've always found him kind of hot.

by Anonymousreply 91August 27, 2019 4:36 AM

Speaking of civil rights, let us remember that if $cienos got their way, we would have NO mental healthcare, they are anti-homosexual, and they are allied with the racist, antisemitic, anti-gay, Nation of Islam. Not to mention the string of people that have died while in their "care." Or, how the numerous underhanded ways they go after critics. And, if anyone is worried about the separation of Church and State, take a look at how they have tried and pretty much succeeded in buying an entire US city, Clearwater, Florida.

by Anonymousreply 92August 27, 2019 4:37 AM

Ignorance is no longer an excuse for you R90. This is no longer news. Do some research. It's not just some zany organization. The truth has been out for some time now.

by Anonymousreply 93August 27, 2019 4:38 AM

Wasn't Giovanni in a relationship with Cat Power (Chan Marshall) some years ago? She is not $cientologist—I always wonder about those relationships. Do the $cienos pester their significant other about joining, or do they leave it be?

by Anonymousreply 94August 27, 2019 4:38 AM

[quote]Miscavige is 5 ft 3in

And grown men would put up with him beating the shit out of them,. He'd jump on them and punch them in the face.

by Anonymousreply 95August 27, 2019 5:30 AM

What’s all this I hear about Scatology? Isn’t that all about ...poop? What’s wrong with poop?

by Anonymousreply 96August 27, 2019 5:41 AM

[Quote] Do the $cienos pester their significant other about joining, or do they leave it be?

I can't picture the second scenario.

by Anonymousreply 97August 27, 2019 6:01 AM

That is probably why they aren't together anymore, R94. Chan, though a bit nuts herself, is not stupid enough to be indoctrinated by that cult. It was probably a sore spot in their relationship, I'd imagine.

by Anonymousreply 98August 27, 2019 6:07 AM

r87 / r92 - get back to us when the Clams start electing adherents to office and passing legislation that condemns the general public to suffer $cieno dogme, by law, as the Christians have done and continue to do. Until then, it's just a freaky small time cult preying on a handful of morons. Again, the evils perpetuated by Christianity over the last 2k years and counting wildly surpass anything HubbardCo has, can or will inflict on the world. There has been no other force or ideology in all of recorded human history that is as malignant as Christianity.

by Anonymousreply 99August 27, 2019 9:28 AM

No R73 it’s a pretty specific reaction to her work post MM. Top of the Lake and Handmaids Tail are all about feminism. She might not be as entrenched or aware and participating in the abuses of the church like Cruise but she is a hypocrite .

by Anonymousreply 100August 27, 2019 9:30 AM

Anyone who calls out Scientology for their abuses but who gives a pass to Christianity for the two thousand years of terror they've inflicted on civilization is a hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 101August 27, 2019 9:58 AM

This thread is about Scientology so we're talking about Scientology. Stop trying to kill the thread with this "it's not as bad as other religions" strawman crap.

by Anonymousreply 102August 27, 2019 10:12 AM

R101 That’s why I can’t get worked up about it.

by Anonymousreply 103August 27, 2019 12:48 PM

I'm not saying that it isn't true but I haven't seen anything online to confirm that Beck has left the cult. I'm a big fan and I hope that he can get through all of this OK. I have a feeling that his cult-loving wife will try to get all of his money in the divorce.

by Anonymousreply 104August 27, 2019 1:13 PM

Post the article loser

by Anonymousreply 105August 27, 2019 1:25 PM

[quote]Christianity has been brain washing, abusing and enslaving people for 2k years.

Scientology also brainwashes and enslaves people. Just ask any Sea Org member who is denied food and sleep, not allowed to leave or visit family, or was forced to abort or give away their baby.

by Anonymousreply 106August 27, 2019 1:27 PM

[quote]There has been no other force or ideology in all of recorded human history that is as malignant as Christianity.

Excuse me?!

by Anonymousreply 107August 27, 2019 1:29 PM

Can't we all agree that all religion is bad? Whether we're talking about space ships and thetans or the miraculous resurrections of magical blond-haired, blue-eyed Middle Eastern Jewish men?

by Anonymousreply 108August 27, 2019 1:37 PM

Miss moss goes on chat shows acting all normal and like o yea she jus one of the gang......hell with that.

I AINT WATCHIN NO SHOW WITH A SCIENTOLOGIST IN IT...….IT BE PLUM ROTTEN.

by Anonymousreply 109August 27, 2019 1:39 PM

r108 agreed. Catholic priests were pedos and they covered it up. Catholics demand you pay for their religion and they want to govern your bodies. True Scientology is a cult, but other religions are just as bad in some ways and worse in others.

by Anonymousreply 110August 27, 2019 1:41 PM

She's bitter because she isn't on a hit show. Let it go.

by Anonymousreply 111August 27, 2019 1:45 PM

Elizabeth Moss innocent evasiveness about Scientology is all just an act.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112August 27, 2019 1:46 PM

Crazy clams are ALL OVER this thread.

by Anonymousreply 113August 27, 2019 1:47 PM

bitch u a member of a murderous cult !!!!! wtf?????

by Anonymousreply 114August 27, 2019 2:11 PM

Wow, R112. Interesting that Tony Ortega was saying Moss doesn't really hang around Scienos that much, then THR shows that her former best friend is an escaped Scientologist, her parents are clams, plus her manager is Gay Ribisi, whose children are Giovanni Ribisi and Marissa Ribisi, who is married to Beck, and they are all Scientologists.

I think Tony Ortega does good work but he downplays a lot of current Scieno celebrities in a way that makes me wonder what's going on.

by Anonymousreply 115August 27, 2019 2:16 PM

prob hard for her to escape them, hate to see half her $$$ goin to their damn cause....huge bummer.

still, she seems like she would have the guts to run from them asap.

do it lizzie!!!! we behind u all the way !!!!' freedom !

by Anonymousreply 116August 27, 2019 3:09 PM

r102, the malignancy of Christianity is not a strawman argument, in this context. To disregard and downplay how the most popular cult in recorded history has enslaved, tortured, maimed, murdered, raped and legislated their theology is to miss the entire point about what these smaller cults are, what they are replicating and the actual source of the problem. The source of the problem is not LRon's sadism or Miscavige's shoe lifts. The source of the problem is a society which enables cults built upon destructive delusions of the supernatural to not just exist but to be elevated in status and enabled in their goals to contaminate the minds of the general public with demonstrably false beliefs in the metaphysical. Until that issue is addressed and society agrees that mentally ill conmen should be remanded to mental health clinics rather than given tax exempt status, roles in government or any job that requires a capacity for critical thought, it doesn't fucking matter if its $cientology abusing people or Tarot readers or the Anglican Church: it's all the same fucking thing.

by Anonymousreply 117August 27, 2019 8:45 PM

I would like to offer you a free Tarot card reading R117. There is a lot of darkness that surrounds you. I sense you have a troubled spirit.

by Anonymousreply 118August 27, 2019 9:02 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119August 27, 2019 9:55 PM

Quite aside from everything else, Leah is a sexy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 120August 27, 2019 9:56 PM

While it's true that Christianity has a lot of abuse of its own, bringing that up in *this* thread is Whataboutism.

by Anonymousreply 121August 27, 2019 10:29 PM

Exactly R121. I'm guessing they're clams trying to downplay their own fuckery.

by Anonymousreply 122August 27, 2019 10:32 PM

Busted!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123August 27, 2019 11:25 PM

sci$toloogy is a helluva lot worse than Christianity,

if u need me to tell u why, u need google and find out, its very evident..

by Anonymousreply 124August 28, 2019 5:37 AM

R119 she looks like JLo.

by Anonymousreply 125August 28, 2019 10:22 AM

Elisabeth Moss is a good actress, but I've watched interviews with her and she seems remarkably stupid. This isn't surprising though given that virtually no Scientologists believe any legitimate education.

by Anonymousreply 126August 28, 2019 11:06 AM

she is afraid of the higher ups at scientol, like many, as they cause great harm when u try to leave....still,,,,,she should have the guts to leave their sorry asses.

by Anonymousreply 127August 28, 2019 1:00 PM

R126 I have noticed that too, and was surprised. She comes off pretty vapid.

by Anonymousreply 128August 28, 2019 2:38 PM

Wow, so apparently Scientology schools don't have college educated, certified teachers, they don't have a real grading system (no one ever gets below a B) and they are encouraged to spy and tattle on each other from a very young age. No wonder she seems stupid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129August 28, 2019 2:46 PM

[quote]The difference between Scientology and other real religions is the others don't punish you for life for leaving the church.

The Jehovah’s Witnesses do R87. Check out their shunning policy, it’ll break your heart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130August 28, 2019 3:04 PM

R125 Leah is good friends with Jennifer Lopez and Michelle Visage. They likely use the same surgeons and cosmetic dermatologists for all their injections and zappings.

by Anonymousreply 131August 28, 2019 3:04 PM

R130 Leah Remini dedicated an extra-long episode of her Scientology show to the cult aspect of the Jehovah’s witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 132August 28, 2019 3:05 PM

My friend is an ex-Jehovah's Witness (he was forced into it by his mother) and he says it absolutely is a cult.

by Anonymousreply 133August 28, 2019 4:30 PM

You guys do know that Leah has her whole family in the Catholic Church and doing interviews about how much she loves it - she just jumped from one cult to another.

by Anonymousreply 134August 28, 2019 6:02 PM

"You guys do know that Leah has her whole family in the Catholic Church and doing interviews about how much she loves it"

link?

by Anonymousreply 135August 28, 2019 6:16 PM

[quote]It's their history of going after anyone full force who questions them at all, including the FBI. They practically enslave those on the lower rungs and don't allow kids to live with their parents, as well as forcing those kids to work hard labor under dangerous conditions. If you leave you're hounded by their people and not allowed to have contact with your family. That's just the tip of the iceberg though.

I’m listening...

by Anonymousreply 136August 28, 2019 6:26 PM

R135

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137August 28, 2019 6:30 PM

Everybody wants answers R135

by Anonymousreply 138August 28, 2019 9:09 PM

In Times Square, Scientologists hand out cards inviting people to meetings at their headquarters in the West 40s.

by Anonymousreply 139August 28, 2019 9:15 PM

I was raised Catholic, and while it poses its own problems, it is not as nefarious as $cientology—the Catholic Church does not come after your family, does not manipulate and separate people, nor do they hunt you down if you don't show up to mass. Most Catholics are "cafeteria Catholics" anyway, something that would never fly in $cientology, which makes demands—monetarily, psychologically, physically, and otherwise—on its followers that are absolutely insane and compulsory. You can be a Catholic your entire life and never go to confession, only attend Christmas masses, and get 20 divorces, and the church will have no involvement or awareness—they do not pry into your life. If you are a $cientologist, attending your "auditing" sessions and all of the other crazy things they have you do is non-negotiable—and you have to pay for it!

by Anonymousreply 140August 28, 2019 9:16 PM

Yvonne strahovski is better than moss in the handmaids tale. And better in real life as well.

by Anonymousreply 141August 28, 2019 9:49 PM

hey eliz, why you stay in that terrible cult????

out of fear?

by Anonymousreply 142August 28, 2019 9:56 PM

r124 I am not saying $cientology is not bad - but I would argue that Christianity is a cult if $cientology is a cult.

by Anonymousreply 143August 29, 2019 12:10 AM

R143 All religions are cults according to the academic definition of the term, however while some Christian groups might be cults, according to the pejorative non-academic definition, all of Christianity is not. It is not a central tenet of orthodox Christianity, that you must cut off contact with non/former members, that you must pay for access to the teachings and scriptures of Christianity, no mainstream Christian groups have waged a covert war against the IRS, no mainstream Christian group, even the most fundamentalist ones, try to tie you to them for eternity or force you into providing them with slave labor, etc... Regardless of things that have happened in history, Christianity of today, even with its faults, is far better than $cientology.

by Anonymousreply 144August 29, 2019 1:01 AM

I despise all religions. However, I don’t consider Scientology a religion. It’s a fucked up disturbing cult. It’s unlike any other religion.

by Anonymousreply 145August 29, 2019 1:28 AM

You're right R148, it isn't a religion, it's a made up science FICTION novel written by L Ron Hubbard.

by Anonymousreply 146August 29, 2019 1:50 PM

All religions are made up fiction.

by Anonymousreply 147August 29, 2019 2:05 PM

r147 yup we just know who wrote the fiction for $cientology. I love how people say "can you believe it is all about aliens in volcanos?" then believe some all powerfull vengeful being wiped out all life on earth except for a boat full of animals and one dude's family. There is a fucking ark museum in Kentucky as well as a creationist museum. In chri$tian schools they teach creationism as fact.

by Anonymousreply 148August 29, 2019 3:08 PM

Lol R148. Its hilarious when people point out the alien stuff as being what's wrong with Scientology. To me that's no weirder than any other religion (more realistic if anything because aliens night actually exist).

It's the extreme control and abuse towards its followers and detractors that's the disturbing part.

by Anonymousreply 149August 29, 2019 5:08 PM

Scientology is not best compared to Christianity. It's honestly much more like the mafia.

by Anonymousreply 150September 14, 2019 3:15 AM

Scientology sucks, but ya know, if scientology produced Elizabeth Moss, well, honestly Leah, you may not be making the statement you think you are.

by Anonymousreply 151September 14, 2019 3:22 AM

Moss was on Corden tonight with Melissa McCarthy plugging some movie.

by Anonymousreply 152September 14, 2019 5:54 AM

R150 $cientology is much more like the Mormon FLDS. A little religion, a lot of Mafia.

by Anonymousreply 153September 15, 2019 3:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!