Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BUZZFEED lists 15 Things Millennials Are DONE With Baby Boomers

Honestly, I agree with 11. I see outdated mentalities on here too often.

“We love everybody, but let's be real: Baby Boomers can be a lot. And I've noticed that Millennials are pretty fed up...”

1- With the lack of tech skills

2- And lack of lingo knowledge

3- With “when I was your age” moments

4- With questions like this ...

Today a Baby Boomer asked me how lesbians have sex.

I am not, nor have I ever been lesbian, but I took a certain pleasure in seeing her expression as I explained the different toys and ways women have intercourse. +

5- With judgment

Today a baby boomer said “that’s sad!” when I was using my phone calculator to add the correct tip to my bill and now I’m “sad!” I didn’t round house kick him in the balls

6- With ignorance

Yesterday a baby boomer said to me (word for word) while I was serving her “there’s nothing we can do about climate change so we might as well enjoy the warm weather”

7- With brattiness

yesterday at work a baby boomer got mad that we didn’t have clam chowder he didn’t even ask for and was like “wah wah there’s something wrong with your generation” & then dissambled a whole sandwich on a table and left. first of all u ruined the economy, & second of all, gerald,

8- With unnecessary pieces about Millennials

9- With dumb statements

Another baby boomer at work looked at the tattoo on my arm and said “you know those are permanent right” and i said no

10- With unrealistic job advice

Baby boomers: Why don't you just call/drop in and see if they're hiring??

Job descriptions: do NOT call this office or so help me god I will cut your head off and dropkick it through your mother's front window you fucking animals

11- With outdated mindsets

Boomers: I heard she went to *looks around nervously* *whispers* ᵀʰᵉʳᵃᵖʸ

Millennials/Gen Z: LMAOOOO YALL GUESS WHAT MY THERAPIST TOLD ME TODAY

12- With unfair expectations

baby boomers: millennials are SO ENTITLED!

also baby boomers: hey can you work on your day off and do something that is out of your job description but we wont pay you for the extra work pwetty pwease hehe now look at MY SON'S BABY PICTURES

13- With bad manners

*Baby boomer walks in at work* Me: hi how’s it going today? Him: small basket Me: sure thing, paying with cash or card? Him: *waves card* Me: enjoy, have a good night Him: ... But sure it’s young people that are the rude ones

14- With rude emails

15- And finally, with mansplaining

Someone just mansplained Google Translate to me. Does Google have a translate function for telling a baby boomer "Yes I know what I'm doing, I've been using this technology since I was 9."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 19, 2019 3:37 PM

People with an IQ over 90 are DONE with BUZZFEED.

by Anonymousreply 1August 18, 2019 11:45 PM

The problem with some of these is that they aren't just directed at baby boomers but rather older millenials and gen x's. I definitely feel like there's a lot of arrogance in people ovee 35 but they're not all baby boomers (especially if we're talking about people aged 35-50).

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2019 12:01 AM

suck my ass, millennials

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2019 12:07 AM

To R1s point, the "Millennials" complaining all seem to be working in restaurants or supermarkets.

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2019 12:08 AM

Millennials fucking love lists! They fucking love them!

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2019 12:17 AM

Exactly R2, I think some people overlook the fact that Millennials are pretty darn old now with the oldest being around 38.

Some of the complaints being hurled at them should really be hurled at Generation Z who are (the oldest) around 25.

Plus there's older Generation X people (the oldest being around 54) as well in that mix who are not Baby Boomers.

It seems like the Millennials and Generation Z people get lumped in together as do the Boomers and Generation X.

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2019 12:17 AM

R6 - yes I've noticed that. They lump Gen X and Boomers and Gen Z and Millennials - just so they can talk about the 2 biggest generations.

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2019 12:28 AM

This baby boomer had to show a millennial I worked with how to use email. Apparently, her only experience with written communication was texting/posting on social media.

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2019 12:31 AM

I am a teacher (Gen X) and I am shocked at how helpless kids are with technology. They can't reset passwords, and they don't understand the basics of operating a PC. I am not exaggerating. Older people grew up with these technologies as they were developed and kind of figured it out as we went along. Kids download apps and that's the extent of their skills.

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2019 12:36 AM

OMG, #12 all day long! Every single job I have ever had. They act like inflation and wage stagnation aren't real things, and that you should be GRATEFUL!1!1! to them that you even have a job.

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2019 12:48 AM

I'm mid-range GenX (1972, bitches). I made many jokes about the Baby Boomers in my youth. (Hey, Gen Z, WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE we had a 20th anniversary celebration EVERY WEEK of whatever shit the boomers had done back in the day.) The concept of generations is of limited use. The white middle-class and above Boomers/Millennials have a great deal in common because marketers prioritized their demo. Old people are consistently lame (on average!) in the same ways. Young people are consistently stupid (on average!) in the same ways. Humanity is consistently bad at learning from our elders. The details may change, but the song remains the same.

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2019 12:57 AM

Buzzfeed here in its form of feeding the bitter frenzy of a certain demo

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2019 2:45 AM

Generation whatever is bullshit, they cover decades and is a ridiculous lump that is all fantasy non existent bollocks

by Anonymousreply 13August 19, 2019 2:49 AM

[quote]They can't reset passwords, and they don't understand the basics of operating a PC.

R9 it's going to get even worse for Gen Z because now with things like Apple's IOS and Chrome's browser etc. "secure" passwords are generated for people. I never use that functionality because I know I may lose my phone or not be at the same PC and then I'll have to log in or be locked out of everything!

[quote]This baby boomer had to show a millennial I worked with how to use email.

It's funny R8 because I know how to use email from having to use it in my youth (older millennial here) but I rarely use it anymore. I can imagine that people wouldn't know how after a certain point.

I also realized I don't know anyone's phone number. I used to have to memorize phone numbers or put them in a phone book as a kid. Now they're always stored "somewhere."

Finally, I also send about one letter a year via mail. I pay for everything on whatever company's website I have to.

by Anonymousreply 14August 19, 2019 3:00 AM

Gen Xer here. Sometimes it is exhausting to be sandwiched between these two self-absorbed generations. Baby Boomers are the absolute worst, but you Millenials need to take it down just a skosh or you are going to end up just like them.

by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2019 3:04 AM

[quote]Today a baby boomer said “that’s sad!” when I was using my phone calculator to add the correct tip to my bill and now I’m “sad!” I didn’t round house kick him in the balls

Calculating 10% of a number with a phone? Did you not take math class?

You know what 15% is? It's the result of 10% of a number plus 50% of result. Do you understand?

20%? Take 10% of a number and then double it.

If you need a phone to calculate a tip, you're a fucking moron.

[quote]Today a Baby Boomer asked me how lesbians have sex. I am not, nor have I ever been lesbian, but I took a certain pleasure in seeing her expression as I explained the different toys and ways women have intercourse.

The best person to answer this is a straight chick who just /has/ to say that she has never, ever, /ever/ been one of "those" lesbians"

by Anonymousreply 16August 19, 2019 11:33 AM

Good grief! If "young" people have to be shown how to communicate by e-mail, there's really no hope that they'll ever send handwritten thank-you notes, is there?

by Anonymousreply 17August 19, 2019 11:51 AM

[quote]Baby boomers: Why don't you just call/drop in and see if they're hiring??

I have heard dumb shit like this from my fellow Gen Xers.

by Anonymousreply 18August 19, 2019 1:43 PM

Baby boomer (barely, but nevertheless) here:

[quote]Why don't you just call/drop in and see if they're hiring??

Not the last employee I hired, but the one before her, I was standing near reception and heard the door chime. I then heard a young male voice inquire if there were any openings and could he apply? I strolled over, looked at him and asked "Can you lift 50 pounds?" and he said yes. I asked" Are you over 18?" and he said yes. I said "can you start right now?" and he said yes. I said "If you'll accept $15 an hour for 20 hours a week to start, you're hired" and he said "yes."

In the five seconds this conversation took, my thought process was thus: I could put an ad on Craigslist or Monster or wherever my assistant puts ads for labor help, interview 30 kids who were there because their parents told them to apply for work, whittle the list down to 2 or 3, and when calling to offer them the job, leave messages in their voicemail, talk to whoever picks up their phone, or text them the offer and wait. Here, I have a kid who made the effort to look, dressed for the job, came prepared with documents to prove he was eligible, and is ready to work.

He's been with me for almost a year, works 40+ hours a week, and has received a raise at 6 months to $18 an hour and I added health insurance and a week's vacation, with another raise and another week's vacation coming on his anniversary in 6 weeks.

But I'm a dumb baby boomer who ruined the world.

by Anonymousreply 19August 19, 2019 2:28 PM

There are some pros and cons to the above situation.

Yes, it showed initiative and desire for this guy to physically approach a place where he wanted to work.

However, it sounds as if you run a small company if you were able to hire him "on the spot" without a background check or drug test.

Larger corporations have a protocol to which they must adhere regarding hiring a new associate. People at "store level" are not allowed to extend an offer of employment without corporate approving it. Background checks and drug tests usually have to be administered prior to any offers. Also, a formal application must be filled out acknowledging various legalities regarding becoming employed and becoming an employee of a particular company based on the company's individual requirements.

by Anonymousreply 20August 19, 2019 2:46 PM

[quote]Good grief! If "young" people have to be shown how to communicate by e-mail, there's really no hope that they'll ever send handwritten thank-you notes, is there?

Speaking of handwritten, it blows my mind that kids nowadays don't know or learn cursive writing anymore.

by Anonymousreply 21August 19, 2019 2:53 PM

Not a boomer, but this list is laughable in both its simple mindedness and hypocrisy. According to even the existence of this list, if you're a millennial, I guess stereotyping and having prejudices against other races, sexual orientation, gender orientation, fat people, and cultures is an OUTRAGE, but old people is fine.

Their list / boomer list.

1- With the lack of tech skills / lack of life skills

2- And lack of lingo knowledge / and lack of grammatically correct language and coherent exposition of ideas

5- With judgment / with questionable judgment

6- With ignorance / with ignorance

7- With brattiness / entitlement

8- With unnecessary pieces about Millennials / unnecessary pieces about boomers

9- With dumb statements / with dumb statement

12- With unfair expectations / LOL

13- With bad manners / with bad manners

by Anonymousreply 22August 19, 2019 2:54 PM

R19 You hired someone who walked in off the street for a warehouse job. You're not going to make the shortlist for the Nobel Peace Prize.

And furthermore, warehouse and retail jobs do this all the time. The ego stroking is always the best part of these long winded diatribes.

by Anonymousreply 23August 19, 2019 3:05 PM

I have to agree with the lack of tech skills. Working with people who haven't kept up with tech is very time-consuming and frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 24August 19, 2019 3:07 PM

[quote]Hey, Gen Z, WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE we had a 20th anniversary celebration EVERY WEEK of whatever shit the boomers had done back in the day.

Funny, and so true. Every song/album, concert, film etc...

by Anonymousreply 25August 19, 2019 3:11 PM

And, R20, you forgot the part about large corporations offering starting pay at minimum wage, a three-month probationary period, and the rest of the list of bullshit requirements that make it so much easier to operate as a small business... that hires people based on qualifications, attitude and ability, weeds out the few bad apples (read: drug addicts) within the first two weeks, and yes, requires everyone to fill out a basic employment application with all of the standard disclaimers, liability clauses, and complying with local, state and Federal employment law.

[quote]warehouse and retail jobs do this all the time

Says the person who complains when given "...unrealistic job advice".

by Anonymousreply 26August 19, 2019 3:14 PM

I'm a baby boomer and I'd love to have encountered little Missy at (4), listened patiently while she showed off, and then asked her where she thinks lesbians stand on rimming.

The most deplorable thing about the Millennial mindset is the enraged rejection of any input from another perspective: how dare you seek to broaden my horizons?? This may be understandable in a teenager, but if you're still doing it when you're over 21 there's something wrong with you, no matter how many of you are doing it.

Of course, boomers and X-ers did raise them and did fashion the education system which has so demonstrably failed the poor blighters, and they're right about climate change, so we're not without blame. Just not the far more superficial blame this article pins on us.

P.S. I agree with R9 - almost all of them are barely competent with technology. They can do a tiny range of things quickly and well, and nothing else. Especially the iThing users. Ask a smug young iThing user to download an individual episode of any podcast and transfer it to your Windows laptop. Hilarity should ensue at both stages.

by Anonymousreply 27August 19, 2019 3:15 PM

Millennials created BuzzFeed and headlines that you're not going to believe what just happened!

by Anonymousreply 28August 19, 2019 3:16 PM

r19 good for you, it's too bad more people don't hire like that. In today's world, you can't even get past the building lobby, forget about even getting to an office. Or if you do, the receptionist will tell you to apply online and you won't even be able to see anyone.

by Anonymousreply 29August 19, 2019 3:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!