Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

This NSYNC video looks dated as hell

I wasn't prepared for that. This must be how I thought the 70s was so long ago in the 90s. 20 years isn't that long, but it kind of is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210August 7, 2019 4:48 AM

This is too much, LOL. Also, they look GAY as hell. Lance Bass looks the most heterosexual of the bunch.

by Anonymousreply 1August 5, 2019 1:32 AM

It might be the zippered cowl neck thing

by Anonymousreply 2August 5, 2019 1:37 AM

yasss hunty JT was shakin that skinny ass !!!

by Anonymousreply 3August 5, 2019 1:40 AM

I liked JC better

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 5, 2019 1:41 AM

Imagine something from almost a quarter century ago looking dated!😼

by Anonymousreply 5August 5, 2019 1:43 AM

These type of videos were never going to age well.

by Anonymousreply 6August 5, 2019 1:44 AM

Maybe it's the shitty CGI, but its also their flamboyant dancing

by Anonymousreply 7August 5, 2019 1:45 AM

This video looks better honestly. That CGI was silly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 5, 2019 1:47 AM

CGI and “green screen” were considered amazing in the late 90’s/early 00’s and video directors got carried away often back then.

by Anonymousreply 9August 5, 2019 1:52 AM

I used to love “God Must Have Spent a Little More Time on You”.

What a long title.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 5, 2019 1:53 AM

People don't like to realize they are getting old, but the 90s were decades ago now, it is dated.

by Anonymousreply 11August 5, 2019 1:53 AM

Joey Fatone was slim! That's what is shocking me.

by Anonymousreply 12August 5, 2019 1:56 AM

So much ugly

by Anonymousreply 13August 5, 2019 1:59 AM

Me and my sister always thought Chris was the gay one. Who knew it was Lance.

by Anonymousreply 14August 5, 2019 1:59 AM

I knew it was Lance. He was always my favorite, and in retrospect it was definitely due to my gaydar going off.

Like others have said, so many 90s music videos relied on CGI and over saturation, which gives it a kitschy looking quality now. This video is particularly bad though.

by Anonymousreply 15August 5, 2019 2:06 AM

Lance was an obvious cookie-smeller.

I can distinctly remember circa 1999 thinking about how old and "lame" everything looked in clips from the 80s, while watching something on MTV and telling myself, now, THIS will never look dated! Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 16August 5, 2019 2:14 AM

Madonna’s “Ray of Light” video is another late 90’s video that looks cheesy and dated now because of the CGI and green screen overload.

by Anonymousreply 17August 5, 2019 2:27 AM

I can't believe early-2000s fashion looks dated now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 5, 2019 2:30 AM

R18 isn't too far off from those Adidas track suits that are somewhat fashionable now... or were at least two years ago or so.

by Anonymousreply 19August 5, 2019 2:34 AM

r18 we had a fabulous thread on 2000s fashions not to long ago

by Anonymousreply 20August 5, 2019 2:36 AM

R17 What I hate about this video is she was living in England at the time. Like bitch please, you ain't no cowgirl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 5, 2019 2:42 AM

R21 I love that song. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 22August 5, 2019 2:46 AM

David LaChappelle videos don't look dated.

by Anonymousreply 23August 5, 2019 2:48 AM

Britney is the only good thing about that era.

by Anonymousreply 24August 5, 2019 2:48 AM

R22 She wasn't even living there. I was though. I lived in a place that looked exactly like that and my grandpa wore shirts like that. She appropriated my culture for her gain.

This is a good song though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 5, 2019 2:49 AM

R25 that songs from early 90s and has nothing to do with this thread. We have Madonna threads if you’re just looking to discuss her

by Anonymousreply 26August 5, 2019 2:51 AM

It seems NSYNC management team knew how incredibly shitty that video looked and remade the video. Here's the one that got more airtime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 5, 2019 2:58 AM

For crap's sake. I still listen to this every few days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 5, 2019 4:17 AM

[quote]Britney is the only good thing about that era.

Are you kidding? She was the worst thing about that era and it was her that made mediocrity in pop music the norm and drastically lowered the bar when it came to the amount of talent needed to make it in pop music.

by Anonymousreply 29August 5, 2019 4:24 AM

Now that was a good video.

by Anonymousreply 30August 5, 2019 4:25 AM

I don't think anything the One D band did tops Everybody. Nothing NSYNC did either. Or New Kids.

by Anonymousreply 31August 5, 2019 4:30 AM

R29 gotta agree. she dummified girls. i think she led to the dumbification of girls in the 2000s

by Anonymousreply 32August 5, 2019 4:30 AM

This is how dumb Britney is. She wrote this essay in junior high.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 5, 2019 5:18 AM

At the time, I was certain that NSYNC>>>BSB and no one could tell me differently without starting a fight. I was a goddamn NSYNC stan. But looking back, BSB really were better and they were uniformly hotter, too. At least 60% hot. NSYNC barely managed 40%.

by Anonymousreply 34August 5, 2019 6:57 AM

I never saw that video until now and had only seen the remade one. I actually enjoyed the older one. It was a simpler time.

by Anonymousreply 35August 5, 2019 7:08 AM

I just saw a recent photo of Joey Fatone. WTF happened?!!

by Anonymousreply 36August 5, 2019 7:22 AM

I used to wank to the dudes at r21 when I was 13 or 14.

by Anonymousreply 37August 5, 2019 7:31 AM

Ah, JT during his Cup Noodles hair era!

by Anonymousreply 38August 5, 2019 7:48 AM

I always preferred Backstreet Boys over N*Sync. I think their songs have aged better - I Want It That Way, Quit Playing Games with My Heart, Shape of My Heart, Larger Than Life, Everybody.

And you've got to admire the fact that they're still going at it. They may not be racking up hits like they used to but they still have a solid fan base and hit number #1 earlier this year with their latest album.

by Anonymousreply 39August 5, 2019 8:04 AM

Justin could cut some moves and looks convincingly heterosexual.

by Anonymousreply 40August 5, 2019 8:17 AM

Timberlake has a harelip.

by Anonymousreply 41August 5, 2019 8:55 AM

[quote]And you've got to admire the fact that they're still going at it.

Well, that's more of a statement that none of them had anything else going on careerwise.

by Anonymousreply 42August 5, 2019 12:01 PM

I do like that Ariana used a line from Makes Me Ill in one of her songs.

by Anonymousreply 43August 5, 2019 12:30 PM

I was in high school when Nysnc was around and to this day I have never understood the hype about JT. I always thought JC was much more talented and better looking.

by Anonymousreply 44August 5, 2019 1:06 PM

Spaghetti arms!

I laughed at this longer than I should have.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 5, 2019 1:25 PM

JC was a better dancer too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 5, 2019 1:28 PM

Michael Jackson's Scream video which predates the NSYNC one does not look that dated. Guess it was the black and white style.

by Anonymousreply 47August 5, 2019 1:31 PM

According to gossip, Britney and Justin's relationship was mostly a PR thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 5, 2019 1:44 PM

they all look kinda silly, especially those pants, shoes and "dancing." At one point they looked as though they were doing exercises...

by Anonymousreply 49August 5, 2019 1:59 PM

The Britney and Justin relationship was only PR for Justin, who used her. He wouldn’t have a solo career if not for her.

And Britney was no more mediocre than many before her. She’s a killer dancer and has that IT factor. And her vocals were good at first and her vocals are very much hers, despite what people say now.

This is her recording “I Will Be There” from her debut album.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 5, 2019 2:46 PM

I loved LFOs song “Summer Girls” and still listen to it at least once every summer lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 5, 2019 2:55 PM

How dare you not mention is?! We were just as big as BSB and *NSYNC!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52August 5, 2019 2:58 PM

You can't deny Backstreet Boys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53August 5, 2019 3:02 PM

R27: So here's what happened. That first video at OP was about 1995 or so, hence the horrible CGI. But it was meant for MTV Europe and a German audience. Hence the 90s Euro fashions. Remember, NSYNC made it big in Germany and Europe first then started getting big over here. When they started catching on here, they made the second video at R27 in 1997 or so. The boys already looked different due to aging, the CGI was already dated as computing power increased, and the Euro fashions were never gonna go over well here. So they did a second Americanized video. They all look much cuter in the second video.

That's it.

by Anonymousreply 54August 5, 2019 3:10 PM

R54 I actually prefer the first! It's funnier and the second seems like a straight Backstreet Boys rip off. The BBoys look classier though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 5, 2019 3:25 PM

R55: The first is funnier, but they all look so much cuter in the second, especially Justin. In fact, he's hot in that second video, and my middle aged eldergay ass is still channeling my gayling teen self when the video first aired.

by Anonymousreply 56August 5, 2019 3:36 PM

He didn't really start looking sexy until he shaved the noodles off his head.

Oh and in this video Scarlett said she likes girls which I always thought meant she was bi,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57August 5, 2019 3:46 PM

R57: But he didn't have noodles in the I Want You Back Video MURICA edition. Plus, he had the backwards cap while playing the basketball. Look at this gif. Sooo cute.... 16 year old me is still swooning. And I say this as not the biggest Justin solo fan, at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58August 5, 2019 6:22 PM

awww ramen noodle Justin!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59August 5, 2019 6:30 PM

Besides, compare the R27 screen shot to this! Here are your ramen noodles. I swear he dyed it the color of chicken noodle for this video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 5, 2019 6:33 PM

R59: That's not ramen Justin, that's AFRO Justin!

by Anonymousreply 61August 5, 2019 6:34 PM

I forget that both BSB and N*Sync were gaining popularity in Europe and Canada before their success in the U.S. BSB in particular had been working hard before breaking through in the late '90s.

by Anonymousreply 62August 5, 2019 6:41 PM

R62: Here's Backstreet's first video. Featuring the man, the myth, the whale himself, Miss Pearlman! Starting at 2:53.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 5, 2019 6:46 PM

Justin Timberlake has always been so fucking ugly. đŸ€ź People who think he’s cute must need an eye doctor appointment.

by Anonymousreply 64August 5, 2019 6:59 PM

R34: Mmmmmm, no.

Everything from BSB was pure formula.

At least N'sync last album was risky, and gone is a way better song than nothing BSB released. N'sync never was big here (some hits, like Bye, bye bye, but nothing huge), BSB were everywhere, and i hated them

by Anonymousreply 65August 5, 2019 7:07 PM

BSB has better songs that hold up better. They don’t sound dated like some NSync songs.

R56 if you were a teen in the late 90s how are you an eldergay?

by Anonymousreply 66August 5, 2019 8:23 PM

Did everyone wear Dorothy Zbornak sized clothes back then?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67August 5, 2019 9:37 PM

R65: Where is here for you? I don't hate BSB but I was always partial to NSYNC, I agree they had more variety in the types of songs they did and boy could they all dance and choregraph, something BSB have all admitted that NSYNC did better than them.

by Anonymousreply 68August 5, 2019 9:37 PM

BSB had better vocalists. Every one of them can sing. *NSYNC was all Justin and JC carrying the rest.

by Anonymousreply 69August 5, 2019 9:39 PM

R67: It was the 90s. Baggy was IN! Big coats and flannels, baggy jeans, oversized shirts. But there were times when they wore less.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70August 5, 2019 9:41 PM

R45 yeah that's not much of a dance. it's hilarious af though!

can you show me a Backstreet Boys video that can make me laugh more?

by Anonymousreply 71August 5, 2019 9:42 PM

Justin looks better in the second video because he was older. He was only 15 in the original video and 17 when they hit it huge in the states.

by Anonymousreply 72August 5, 2019 9:42 PM

Mad TV as always nailed how bad Nstink was. BSB had better songs, better singers, better dancers, all were hot except for Brian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73August 5, 2019 9:49 PM

Leave Brian alone. He’s the one with the health issues.

by Anonymousreply 74August 5, 2019 9:50 PM

Brian was cute

by Anonymousreply 75August 5, 2019 10:09 PM

With the Britney acts, you can see she never would have shot to fame without a bunch of help.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76August 5, 2019 10:10 PM

Nah. Peewee Herman was hotter/sexier than Brian. He could sing at least.

by Anonymousreply 77August 5, 2019 10:14 PM

Britney shot to fame overnight because of BOMT. There was no help there. And she earned her recording contract singing a more bubblegum version of a Whitney Houston song at that.

by Anonymousreply 78August 5, 2019 10:18 PM

LOL if it weren't for Max Martin! Nope! She's a created star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 5, 2019 10:22 PM

He wrote her songs? Ok. And? That means almost every other pop star is created because they didn’t write most of their songs either. Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 80August 5, 2019 10:23 PM

I never liked how Tiffany says nasally "we gottahiiiide what we're doing." Maybe Brittany could sing it better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81August 5, 2019 10:24 PM

*NSYNC and BSB and Janet and Madonna etc. weren’t writing their own songs either.

Who cares? Many artists don’t and still don’t reach an ounce of the success and impact Britney had with just one song.

by Anonymousreply 82August 5, 2019 10:27 PM

R80 if Britney wasn't managed she would still be running around gas stations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83August 5, 2019 10:27 PM

R83 the difference between Brit and many other stars is she does it without caring. Other stars do crazy shit too but they make sure we don’t see it.

She doesn’t give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 84August 5, 2019 10:28 PM

R84 Oh please. She would have a better life if she weren't famous. Even though those days are behind her she's still a basket case and extremely awkward in interviews. The fame stopped being fun for her after a few years. She probably doesn't care because it's something with her poor mental health! Isn't that a lack of empathy and narcissism? Cluster B?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85August 5, 2019 10:34 PM

The fact latter day Britney could still look hot and "sing", with a million vocal enhancements a song like Make Me... with its horrendous white boy rap, is why she is the Queen and turds like Madge and Katy Perry cannot keep up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 5, 2019 10:39 PM

Britney wasn’t just made famous. She worked and did showcases all over the world to introduce people to her music before BOMT exploded.

This is a 1998 showcase from Singapore where she sang 100% live and she hadn’t recorded any songs but BOMT yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87August 5, 2019 10:44 PM

She did record those 3 songs that she sang. She hadn’t recorded any other songs yet.

Skip to 7:30 mark. She sings an unreleased song “You Got It All” and she sounds wonderful singing it live, even hitting higher notes.

I wonder why this song wasn’t released.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88August 5, 2019 10:57 PM

What is that place? Are people walking around a shopping for furniture in the background??

I don't think she has the greatest voice but like Rod Stewart, she puts a lot of yearning emotion into her singing.

by Anonymousreply 89August 5, 2019 11:11 PM

R89 she’s not the best vocalist or singer, but she’s not bad either like some wanna portray her as. She has emotion and feeling in her vocals and she also HAD a lot of star quality.

She worked to get that contract and she was signed because the people at Jive felt she had a “unique” voice and tone that could make the pop music they wanted. They said that she has a voice that’s recognizable, that when you hear it you know it’s “Britney Spears”, whether you like it or not.

by Anonymousreply 90August 5, 2019 11:28 PM

The gay bars in Dallas played the hell out of the "We Got It Goin' On (FOR YEARS!)" in 1997.

Was the video intentionally homoerotic to snag the gay market? Kevin pouring water all over himself...

Kevin looked great with the facial hair but his clean shaven face is also beautiful here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 5, 2019 11:33 PM

R88, it WAS released as a bonus track on 2000's OOPS... I DID IT AGAIN album.

The Jets did it best first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92August 5, 2019 11:35 PM

Britney also did the showcase scene and mall thing like Tiffany did to get people to hear her music. She worked at first and always sang live.

People love trashing her while praising Christina Aguilera or even Jessica Simpson or Mandy Moore when Britney worked to come up. She was the first of the blonde pop girl thing in the late 90s. The rest rode her coattails to the top. Christina May be the better singer but she was always the smaller star. Britney was always on top of her. Britney paved that way and Christina was only signed when she was after word got out that her MMC costar Britney got a contract and they heard some of the demos so her record label knew she could rival Britney and signed her.

by Anonymousreply 93August 5, 2019 11:36 PM

After Christina got signed and JIVE records heard her voice they told Britney to sing with that “sex kitten baby” voice to make her even more “unique” and distinguishable since Christina had the larger better voice.

Most of Britney’s BOMT shes singing in her more natural register. It was after that album that the studio creation came about and starting with Oops her voice began sounding like some computer generated sex kitten baby that growls.

I mean listen to her sing “E-mail my Heart” from her debut album. Pure vocals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94August 5, 2019 11:43 PM

Then listen to Oops.... her voice is completely different.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 5, 2019 11:43 PM

I know it's a significant feature of her music, but the vocal fry during "Oops..." is absolutely insane. I don't remember it being so pronounced.

by Anonymousreply 96August 5, 2019 11:53 PM

I was at a bar closing in April and the British guy that used to be a DJ started playing music he knew would be a hit (because he was a DJ) and he hit it on the head with all, but the two songs that got the biggest reactions were Bohemian Rhapsody and Oops. EVERYONE sang along to both. It was incredible.

by Anonymousreply 97August 6, 2019 12:15 AM

Here's another Europe only NSYNC video. It was never remade or released in North America. But through the miracle of YouTube. They're so cute here too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98August 6, 2019 12:58 AM

The deluded freak trying to convince people Britney is good needs to give it a rest.

by Anonymousreply 99August 6, 2019 1:08 AM

Britney WAS good.

by Anonymousreply 100August 6, 2019 1:11 AM

Britney also has a video only released in Europe. 3 actually.

Born to make you happy is the first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101August 6, 2019 1:12 AM

I've seen some videos of Britney as a child: she could sing. I won't go down a rabbit hole, but I remember a video when she was still pretty fresh where she was working on writing a song at a piano, and she was singing a cappella (sp?). Her drug problems seemed to take over once she started hanging out with Paris Hilton (ditto, Lindsay Lohan). One some other thread, we talked about who in each boyband was probably used by their manager. I made the point that Kevin and Brian (who has a lovely voice) are cousins from Kentucky, and AJ and Howie knew each other for years, and seemed to have strong families. But Nick....poor Nick. A crappy family, but he seems relatively stable after everything.

NSYNC is split up, probably permanently. They seem to have all gone down separate paths. Backstreet Boys still perform together, and really seem to enjoy working together. I don't want to pay to see performers who hate their jobs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102August 6, 2019 1:31 AM

R102: Well, only ONE of the NSYNC boys would clearly hate working with the others were they to reunite. Coachella proved that.

by Anonymousreply 103August 6, 2019 1:50 AM

It's been over a decade since I listened to E-mail My Heart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104August 6, 2019 1:55 AM

R104: Why email my heart when you get digitally get down with your part?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105August 6, 2019 1:59 AM

R105 excellent point! Fuck I used to love that song.

by Anonymousreply 106August 6, 2019 2:11 AM

I used to love It Makes Me Ill

by Anonymousreply 107August 6, 2019 2:19 AM

Britney was incredibly charming while younger. Now she’s just awkward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108August 6, 2019 2:20 AM

That interview was after Britney performed Sometimes. She was supposed to lip sync but the playback started too soon so she had to sing live or run off the stage like Ashlee Simpson. She sang.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109August 6, 2019 2:25 AM

I love this NSYNC performance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110August 6, 2019 2:32 AM

Here’s Britney and NSYNC at the 1999 VMAs performing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111August 6, 2019 2:49 AM

Anyone remember Dirty Pop? I remember being blown away by this video and discussing it with a friend. We thought the song was kind of mediocre but damn, the video was awesome!

Just looked it up and it's dated too. I think I see why auteurs and cinematographers really go for a timeless look and don't try to use the current fashion when they make their high art. They know the avant garde look they use will fit right in the future, or at least won't have tell tale signs of what year it was made.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112August 6, 2019 3:00 AM

Poor Celebrity. Their follow up to No Strings Attached didn’t live up in any way.

by Anonymousreply 113August 6, 2019 3:02 AM

R109 ok I appreciate that you love Britney but can my thread be about boy bands mostly? Let's start a Britney thread. Let's call it "What do you think is going on with Britney Spears?" Do you think these blinds are correct? And let all the Britneyologists contribute. I'll contribute too. You got too much Britney encyclopedia knowledge for this!

Let's have a Britney knowledge battle. It's so sad but whatev.

by Anonymousreply 114August 6, 2019 3:04 AM

I just watched the videos for the two Spice Girls songs I know best (2 Become 1 and Goodbye) and neither, except for some of the fashions in 2B1, look dated. I looked it up and 2B1 came out in 1996(!). Eight year old boys weren't supposed to be listening to Spice Girls back then so I don't think I discovered them until a bit later.

by Anonymousreply 115August 6, 2019 3:05 AM

R104 Everyone has been doing emails! Fuck I'm old! We getting old!

You've got mail! Yeah I wish I didn't fucking spam

by Anonymousreply 116August 6, 2019 3:06 AM

Well actually the falling CGI crap (plates? toilet paper??) in Goodbye looks pretty awful.

by Anonymousreply 117August 6, 2019 3:07 AM

For some reason this DOES feel like a long time ago. NSYNC doesn't? Don't know why.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118August 6, 2019 3:08 AM

I remember thinking Jeri Halliwell looked about 45 years old. I thought they were in their late 30s.I was only 12?

by Anonymousreply 119August 6, 2019 3:10 AM

It’s crazy that emails were new in 1999.

by Anonymousreply 120August 6, 2019 3:11 AM

I remember they had Spice Girls EVERYTHING.

From dolls to keychains to lollipops. Their lollipops were delicious.

by Anonymousreply 121August 6, 2019 3:12 AM

I was a great dancer in my teens and twenties. Gee I miss that. These young guys are having a nice workout and it looks effortless. If you think it looks dated to YOU, op, imagine having a dozen videos of YOU in your prime, shaking your ass and dancing up a storm, and having to look at it when you're 45 or 55.

by Anonymousreply 122August 6, 2019 3:13 AM

I know this is going to sound mean but I feel like something is wrong in the universe that he was allowed in a boy band.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123August 6, 2019 3:16 AM

R122 I did not mean to hurt your feelings, Mr. Bass. Why didn't you go into space with the Russians? What happened with that?

by Anonymousreply 124August 6, 2019 3:18 AM

R123 he’s friends with JC I believe. JC is the main man behind the boy group. Justin was actually the last person they got to join. Similar with Nick in BSB and Joey McIntyre for NKOTB. All the youngest with no ties to the other members.

by Anonymousreply 125August 6, 2019 3:18 AM

R125 I feel real bad for JC it was his whole thing and that cocky little Justin stole it for him What's he got going on now? Poor JC.

If I had a time machine I would travel back and give JC that slight little nose job to push him to an 11 so that even if Justin came no way would management push him as the leader. It would be JC. Keep getting JC to work on his vocals and hook him up with the hitmakers. He could have been Timberlake because look, Timberlake doesn't even want it anymore. Justin wants to make movies, not go on tours and sing SexyBack 500 times like a performing monkey.

Maybe JC is happy and fine.

by Anonymousreply 126August 6, 2019 3:23 AM

Remember when JC went solo for a second?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127August 6, 2019 3:27 AM

Let's face it, Justin is paying for stepping on people's toes, using Britney, throwing Janet under the bus. His last album flopped, the black community still resents him for what he did to Janet, Britney fans hate how he treated Britney and then mocked her mental health later on, his Super Bowl performance was panned.

I think an N*Sync reunion is the only way to bring him some good buzz.

by Anonymousreply 128August 6, 2019 3:28 AM

His ego wont allow that.

by Anonymousreply 129August 6, 2019 3:31 AM

The black community?! I know many white people that hate him for what he did to Janet too.

by Anonymousreply 130August 6, 2019 3:31 AM

JCs solo album flopped bad.

by Anonymousreply 131August 6, 2019 3:32 AM

This was them in 2018. I don't know if they can pull off the dancing. Most are in their 40s, and Chris will be 50 in a few years.

I went to one of their concerts in the early oughts. It was cheesy. They don't need to bring back the mechanical bull riding. Just do a one time performance at the Grammys or I Heart Music some awards show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132August 6, 2019 3:34 AM

JC looks awful.

by Anonymousreply 133August 6, 2019 3:36 AM

Did Britney and Justin ever perform a duet? That might be something they will consider if they ever need a bump in their careers.

by Anonymousreply 134August 6, 2019 3:37 AM

If Lance lost a little bit of weight and lost the botox, stopped the bleaching, he'd resemble Ryan Gosling.

by Anonymousreply 135August 6, 2019 3:38 AM

Britney actually said a couple of years ago she would like to work with him and he seemed shocked lol.

by Anonymousreply 136August 6, 2019 3:38 AM

That’s not saying much. I don’t think Gosling is hot.

by Anonymousreply 137August 6, 2019 3:38 AM

JC always had great pipes. Here he is on MMC with Ryan, Justin and some sexy black guy singing Jodeci

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138August 6, 2019 3:39 AM

Talking to Marc Maron on his WTF podcast recently, Shepard -- who also admitted to having more of a short fuse in his younger years -- surprisingly dished that Timberlake was the only one celeb he almost lost his cool with.

"As Ashton and I became friends, he said, 'You know, you can't -- if someone gets physical with you -- you're just going to have to take it,' which weirdly enough 
 definitely the most famous bit on the show in all the years was the Punk'ing of Justin Timberlake. What made it so viral, I guess, was that he had cried at one point in it," Shepard explained. "And at the end of that bit, when Ashton comes out and says, 'You're on Punk'd' blah blah blah, and everyone is celebrating 
 the bit is over, the cameras are off, and [Timberlake] keeps saying, 'Yeah, man. I was about to f*cking punch you.' And I was like, 'Hmm mmm, alright.'"

But then according to Shepard, Timberlake kept on going.

"'Dude, I was for real man, I was about to f*cking punch you out,' [Timberlake said]. And I'm like, 'OK, that's number two.' I’m thinking, how many times can I hear this dude in his golf outfit -- he was wearing a golf outfit -- tell me he can punch me out before I'm just not going to be able to handle it?"

Thankfully, that's when Kutcher intervened.

"And God Bless Ashton. He goes, 'When were you going to punch him? Before or after you were crying?'"

Though according to an interview with Playboy in 2011, Timberlake claimed he was "so stoned" during the 2003 incident.

"I actually stopped smoking pot for nine to 10 months after [Punk'd]," Timberlake told the magazine. "I was so stoned. If you ask my friends, if they’re honest they would probably say that’s the only way to get me as dizzy as I was. What you didn’t see from the episode, because it was a 45-minute affair cut down to 10 minutes, was me showing up and being like, 'What the f*ck are you people doing on my property? Get the f*ck off my property! Get the f*ck out of here!' Then they started rattling off my parents’ address, and I was like, 'Holy s*it. Hold on a second.' I mean, everybody was got good on that show -- me probably the best."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139August 6, 2019 3:42 AM

I hated JT and hate him now.

Britney did the show and helped punk in agreement they won’t ever punk her.

by Anonymousreply 140August 6, 2019 3:46 AM

Sure sure Ryan's ugly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141August 6, 2019 3:48 AM

R141 that’s one movie role and that’s him shirtless. His face itself is meh

by Anonymousreply 142August 6, 2019 3:52 AM

Gosling's hot to straight guys.

by Anonymousreply 143August 6, 2019 4:01 AM

[Quote] Britney actually said a couple of years ago she would like to work with him and he seemed shocked lol.

She did?? I hope she was just being polite.

[Quote] Gosling's hot to straight guys.

I think Henry Cavill has him beat on that.

[Quote] Britney did the show and helped punk in agreement they won’t ever punk her.

Didn't she do an episode where she tried to Punk Ashton but he was actually punking her??

[Quote] What's he got going on now? Poor JC.

He has Camp Podwall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144August 6, 2019 5:00 AM

r112 JC was sexy in the Dirty Pop video, the rest of them looked like trash. I remember as a tween watching Making the Video on MTV with Dirty Pop, and Bootylicious from Destiny's Child which came out around the same time. Those were the days!

by Anonymousreply 145August 6, 2019 5:29 AM

R144 here he is finding out she said she wanted to work with him and playing nice but you can see the smug lmao

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146August 6, 2019 8:49 AM

Timberlake dreamed of Clooney's acting career and image.

by Anonymousreply 147August 6, 2019 8:55 AM

[Quote] Timberlake dreamed of Clooney's acting career and image.

He dreamed way too big. Even Biel is a better actor than her husband.

by Anonymousreply 148August 6, 2019 11:38 AM

Justin's looks and appeal peaked early. I thought he was cute with the frosted curly hair, tacky as it all was. He's OK looking now but there is no there there. Not someone to hold a meaty part on a big screen. His crooner swag act was hollow, as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149August 6, 2019 12:55 PM

Here’s Britney and Justin collaborating on MMC and she completely outsings him. He actually looks lost and sounds off key at moments while she’s naturally flowing through it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150August 6, 2019 9:21 PM

I always felt for JC. I remember the short lived R&B girl group Blaque in the late 90s and they released a song called “Bring It All To Me” and it didn’t go anywhere until JC did a version of the song then it was a radio hit.

Issue is it was just him and it was not promoted as “featuring JC or NSYNC” but just featuring NSYNC lol.

His vocals are amazing on R&B. He has a soulful and versatile voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151August 6, 2019 9:37 PM

Blaque was my shit.

by Anonymousreply 152August 6, 2019 10:05 PM

I only knew Blaque for this song and Bring It On.

by Anonymousreply 153August 6, 2019 10:08 PM

This was their big single. They were like a Tiny Toons version of TLC. Their inclusion in Bring It On was iconic for this gayling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154August 6, 2019 10:15 PM

They also did a cover of "Time After Time", which excited me because it reminded me of Romy and Michele's High School Reunion, which was also iconic for this gayling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155August 6, 2019 10:16 PM

You guys forget about BRING IT ON in 2000?

Joey Fatone rap/sings on Blaque's "As If" and it's a fantastic song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156August 6, 2019 10:18 PM

Remember JC's solo career as a pretend heterosexual?

This 2002 song did not become a hit, but the instrumental break DID become the theme music for the 2003 TLC series, 'Clean Sweep', one of the many home shows in the wake of 'Trading Spaces.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157August 6, 2019 10:21 PM

R132: Lance has aged the least out of all of them. What I can't get over is how Justin isn't even 40 yet and has that leather face. Clearly doesn't have the best genes on that front....

by Anonymousreply 158August 6, 2019 10:23 PM

R156 "As If"! Damn. I probably haven't heard that song since it came out, but I remembered it the moment I hit play. Crazy how music does that. I don't remember Joey Fatone being in it. Blaque fucked with the NSYNC boys.

R157 I remember "Blowin' Me Up" being somewhat popular because it was associated with the film Drumline. I definitely remember the video getting play. But it doesn't look like it did much for his solo career at all. A minor flash in the pan.

by Anonymousreply 159August 6, 2019 10:25 PM

R159: Which is a shame because he is the best singer of that group. For some reason, he or his management picked the most bizarre songs and lyrics and videos for his solo album. It didn't work. Oh well, lets enjoy some JC moments, shall we?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160August 6, 2019 10:32 PM

Mandy Moore and BBMak were part of the On The Line All-Stars with 'NSync in this song to promote Lance's 2001 movie where he also was a pretend heterosexual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161August 6, 2019 10:32 PM

Omfg I forgot about BBMak.

I loved “Back Here”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162August 6, 2019 10:35 PM

Also loved Out of my Heart

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163August 6, 2019 10:35 PM

Speaking of Mandy Moore, she had a song I loved, Crush. Was one of my favorites from the pop girls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164August 6, 2019 10:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165August 6, 2019 10:39 PM

STEPS!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166August 6, 2019 10:41 PM

I love In My Pocket also r165. Both songs are from the same album, her best album.

by Anonymousreply 167August 6, 2019 10:41 PM

I LOVED MM's cover of XTC's "Senses Working Overtime" in 2003!

Remember "Sessions@AOL"????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168August 6, 2019 10:45 PM

This has been posted before but it's one of my favorites. JC is either drunk or stoned or both. So adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169August 6, 2019 10:49 PM

Remember a few years ago when Willa Ford was mad and spouting off that she should have had Mandy Moore's career?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170August 6, 2019 10:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171August 6, 2019 10:53 PM

I Wanna Be Bad is a classic bop but she’s delusional.

She wanted the to be the hot blonde bad girl, pretty much the Anti-Britney, but was fucking Nick Carter.

by Anonymousreply 172August 6, 2019 10:55 PM

Emma Bunton's wardrobe in this 2001 video is like a time capsule of Fall 2001!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173August 6, 2019 10:56 PM

The UK 'NSync!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174August 6, 2019 10:58 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175August 6, 2019 10:59 PM

R174 they’re all hotter than NSYNC and BSB combined

by Anonymousreply 176August 6, 2019 10:59 PM

These bitches were fiercer than Britney and Xtina!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177August 6, 2019 11:05 PM

"S Club's gonna show you how!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178August 6, 2019 11:08 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179August 6, 2019 11:16 PM

Talk about looking dated!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180August 6, 2019 11:17 PM

R178: Say S Club 7 will be there!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181August 6, 2019 11:24 PM

Blaque also had the awesome "Rainbow Drive" from 1999.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182August 6, 2019 11:26 PM

THIS is a time capsule!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183August 6, 2019 11:29 PM

Triple Image with "I Love Your Smile".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184August 6, 2019 11:32 PM

Dream Street actually performing LIVE on Maury, no backing audio track like Britney always needed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185August 6, 2019 11:35 PM

Britney didn’t always need a backing track.

by Anonymousreply 186August 6, 2019 11:36 PM

Greg Raposo left Dream Street and has tried for a solo career since.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187August 6, 2019 11:38 PM

[quote]Britney didn’t always need a backing track.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188August 6, 2019 11:40 PM

Wow!!!! This boy's entire look is so Late 2004! The hair, the bootcut jeans!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189August 6, 2019 11:45 PM

I do love how this turned into a 90s/early 00s pop thread. I'm here for it.

Wouldn't be complete without some Irish representation!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190August 6, 2019 11:57 PM

"OH, JESSIE, HOLD ON!!!!!!!!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191August 7, 2019 12:16 AM

"Y la canta!"

Yes, I can still do this dance from 2002...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192August 7, 2019 12:18 AM

Cleopatra comin atcha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193August 7, 2019 1:00 AM

Canadians knew how to rock. I always thought she was much better than Avril

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194August 7, 2019 1:01 AM

R193 Yaaaaaaas! Loved Cleopatra.

Where did Aqua fit into the 90s/00s pop scene? They weren't pushed on the Disney Channel like a lot of other acts, so I'm wondering if they had more niche appeal. I wasn't just a singles kid with this band. I had two of their CDs and listened to and enjoyed all the songs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195August 7, 2019 1:04 AM

HOKU (remember the Legally Blonde song?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196August 7, 2019 1:08 AM

For some reason I don't think this video looks dated. I feel like the clothes they are wearing would be recycled again into fashion the young kids wear today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197August 7, 2019 1:10 AM

I only recently realized they were trying to be like the Jackson 5

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198August 7, 2019 1:13 AM

Remember Samantha Mumba? She was popular for 1 minute.

by Anonymousreply 199August 7, 2019 1:16 AM

I loved Samantha Mumba Gotta Tell You.

Great song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200August 7, 2019 1:20 AM

I never knew why people liked Mmmpop.

I loved this song though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201August 7, 2019 1:20 AM

Savage Garden and Hanson are nothing alike besides being white Boys

by Anonymousreply 202August 7, 2019 1:21 AM

Samantha Mumba was very beautiful

by Anonymousreply 203August 7, 2019 1:22 AM

R202 I remember them together maybe because they came out together. Or I watched their videos on MTV back to back. Do teenagers do that anymore? Do they watch MTV?

by Anonymousreply 204August 7, 2019 1:24 AM

MTV doesn’t have music videos.

by Anonymousreply 205August 7, 2019 1:26 AM

What! Oh that's right. It's commercials and sexy island stuff and who got this teen brat pregnant

by Anonymousreply 206August 7, 2019 1:27 AM

Music videos are all on YouTube now.

by Anonymousreply 207August 7, 2019 1:29 AM

My favourite Blaque song. It's from the movie Honey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208August 7, 2019 4:36 AM

I love how Jenna Dewan is one of the background dancers. She also dated JT for a while.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209August 7, 2019 4:38 AM

R208 Throwback! Blaque had way more hits than I thought looking back on it. They made it into a couple of films too. Respect.

For my Princess Diaries gays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210August 7, 2019 4:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!