Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Taboo food you've eaten

Confess to the most taboo food you have consumed in your long, long, LONg life of experimentation, substance abuse, desperation, victimhood, or clumsiness.

No body fluids or secretions - we don't want to hear about them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 30, 2019 6:08 AM

Off the top of my head:

Whale

Raw deer

Raw horse

Blowfish balls, fried and raw

Little crunchy birds

Raw fish eyeballs

by Anonymousreply 1July 30, 2019 2:27 AM

Cat food isn’t that bad. Fancy feast, the kind in gravy, over rice...it’ll get you by if times are tough.

by Anonymousreply 2July 30, 2019 2:29 AM

Also these things - mutsugoro (mudskippers).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 30, 2019 2:30 AM

We had fancy feast over rice growing up, it wasn't too bad.

by Anonymousreply 4July 30, 2019 2:32 AM

At the Traveller's Club in NY they had an adventurer-themed event and served insects as nibbles. I tried one. ONE. For the rest of my life, I can honestly say I've had sufficient in terms of insect appetizers.

by Anonymousreply 5July 30, 2019 2:32 AM

Piranha is not half bad. It's just salty and bony.

by Anonymousreply 6July 30, 2019 2:33 AM

I used to love Doggy Chow too!

by Anonymousreply 7July 30, 2019 2:37 AM

As a kid, I used to eat one of our dog's Milk Bones. And I've eaten at the Golden Corral, and liked it. I've eaten squirrel, so that's my rodent. It was good. I never heard a mett being used to refer to raw pork. I've had cooked metts, though.

by Anonymousreply 8July 30, 2019 2:43 AM

Insects are surprisingly yummy.

by Anonymousreply 9July 30, 2019 2:48 AM

How is carnivorous fish taboo?

by Anonymousreply 10July 30, 2019 2:48 AM

Raw donkey

by Anonymousreply 11July 30, 2019 2:48 AM

Products from Aldi.

by Anonymousreply 12July 30, 2019 2:49 AM

I am right now about to flambé a murderous blobfish. This little fucker has had it coming for a long ti

by Anonymousreply 13July 30, 2019 2:50 AM

There goes another one. Snuck right up on him. .

by Anonymousreply 14July 30, 2019 2:53 AM

Poodle Noodle Soup in Shanghai.

by Anonymousreply 15July 30, 2019 2:57 AM

Years ago in my teens I ate a dog "cookie" biscuit on a dare. It really wasn't that awful. What was awful was the huge jalapeno pepper I ate, also on a dare. I though I was going to faint and need my smellin salts. I've eaten at Golden Corral dozens of times.

by Anonymousreply 16July 30, 2019 3:18 AM

I ate dog food as a child during my make-believe-to-be-a-dog phase. I’ve eaten fried rabbit and snails. Not anything too outlandish.

by Anonymousreply 17July 30, 2019 3:28 AM

Seal flipper pie

by Anonymousreply 18July 30, 2019 3:32 AM

Kangaroo, Sheep brains, Grasshoppers, Rocky Mountain Oysters.

by Anonymousreply 19July 30, 2019 3:43 AM

I'm told I ate Gaines Burgers dog food when I was a toddler. My mother says she asked the doctor who told her that there was nothing in it that would hurt me; just let me eat it until I got sick and I wouldn't ever again. Apparently, it worked. I have no reason to doubt this story. My brother's is much worse.

by Anonymousreply 20July 30, 2019 3:48 AM

Butterscotch Angel Delight. Disgusting! x

by Anonymousreply 21July 30, 2019 3:49 AM

Camel, Yak, Emu, Ostrich, Alligator, Rattlesnake, Dogfish, Bullhead, Sucker, Carp. Nothing taboo, but sort of unusual.

by Anonymousreply 22July 30, 2019 3:51 AM

Giant sea turtle, in the Cayman Islands.

Fermented Greenland shark (hakarl) which tastes a bit like Limburger cheese smells, in Iceland.

Alligator.

And most horrid of all, TURDUCKEN.

by Anonymousreply 23July 30, 2019 3:53 AM

Meanwhile what the FUCK is that in OP’s picture?

by Anonymousreply 24July 30, 2019 3:54 AM

Andy Cohen's cum

by Anonymousreply 25July 30, 2019 3:54 AM

R24, That's an ortolan. One is supposed to place one's napkin over one's head when eating one, in shame. You eat the whole little bird.

by Anonymousreply 26July 30, 2019 3:56 AM

EEWW

by Anonymousreply 27July 30, 2019 3:58 AM

Taboo is Tofu. I eat it all the time. Escargot was required to be consumed at Robaire's in Los Angeles in order to attend the Jr. High French field trip to enjoy French cuisine, and practice French table manners.

I have inadvertently eaten gnats, but as a vegetarian, the closest I have come to eating anything on your list is recoiling in horror.

by Anonymousreply 28July 30, 2019 3:59 AM

Things I could have eaten but passed on: Rocky Mountain Oysters, Pig intestines & Pig Uterus. The last two were being sold at a Mong food booth in St. Paul, MN.

by Anonymousreply 29July 30, 2019 4:04 AM

^^^ Oh, ja?

by Anonymousreply 30July 30, 2019 4:07 AM

mutsugoro certainly looks horrid but i guess it's not Taboo in Japan?

by Anonymousreply 31July 30, 2019 4:16 AM

Fried grasshoppers

by Anonymousreply 32July 30, 2019 4:23 AM

I had shark fin soup when I was a kid, before anybody in the US realized that shark-fishing industry was horrible. It was fine, it tasted like standard chicken soup (Chinese style), with veggies and stuff and little long shreds of things that weren't noodles.

I've also had during and wild boar. But the one thing that defeated me was the turtle soup I was once served at a Chinese restaurant. Instead of turtle meat there was a cube of whole turtle, with green nubbly skin on one side, and bits of bone and tendon sticking out the other. I'll eat just about anything, but that was my limit.

by Anonymousreply 33July 30, 2019 6:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!