Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

JUST IN: Planned Parenthood has removed its president, Dr. Leana Wen, effectively immediately after less than a year on the job

Shit just hit the fan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 17, 2019 7:08 AM

Cecil Richards should have never left

by Anonymousreply 1July 17, 2019 4:15 AM

Cecile...sorry

by Anonymousreply 2July 17, 2019 4:18 AM

Why? What is this about?

I did notice that she was fairly awful in interviews on MSNBC and such.

by Anonymousreply 3July 17, 2019 4:31 AM

R3 She wouldn't bend the knee to Trans, and she was a cultural misfit among professional activists.

"Two sources told BuzzFeed News that Wen also refused to use 'trans-inclusive' language, for example saying 'people' instead of 'women' and telling staff that she believed talking about transgender issues would 'isolate people in the Midwest.' For a period of a few months, Wen sometimes went through Planned Parenthood’s press releases and documents, deleting the word 'sexual' from the phrase 'sexual and reproductive health,' the source said. She also resisted using the word 'abortion' as a stand-alone term, preferring 'abortion care' or other phrases entirely."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 17, 2019 4:41 AM

Gosh, one might think such basic philosophical differences might have been intuited during the interview process...

by Anonymousreply 5July 17, 2019 4:46 AM

[quote] refused to use 'trans-inclusive' language

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 17, 2019 4:51 AM

BuzzFeed reported that staffers had received a “182-page handbook on rules and tips for” working with Wen upon her arrival, including “Make sure to frequently look up [from Twitter] and make eye contact with Dr. Wen to see if she is trying to communicate urgent information” and “Dr. Wen ‘learns’ not ‘hears.’”

by Anonymousreply 7July 17, 2019 5:01 AM

Jesus R7. Bitch sounds beyond high maintenance.

by Anonymousreply 8July 17, 2019 5:03 AM

They're going to put a T in charge, aren't they? Soon enough the Statue of Liberty will be T, too. Most of the reporting I've heard has said that she didn't want the focus to be mostly on abortion and felt that's what was going on. She's a doctor, so maybe she wanted the focus to be on medical care. I think they need to focus equally on both but I really hope they hire an actual woman to replace her in this women's health organization that doesn't actually do prostate exams.

by Anonymousreply 9July 17, 2019 5:13 AM

I don’t see what was wrong with her philosophies.

by Anonymousreply 10July 17, 2019 5:37 AM

[quote]Planned Parenthood has removed its president

Dr. Wen prefers you say "terminated".

by Anonymousreply 11July 17, 2019 5:49 AM

Turn her into stem cells. I could use a rejuvenating facial.

by Anonymousreply 12July 17, 2019 7:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!