Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Women in the workplace

They spend a lot of time socializing, posting on social media and complaining about how much work they have to do. Then they spend time on the tending to family matters on the corporate phone.

Then they get nine months off on the company dime. They come back but that usually only lasts a year or two until they decide to exit the workforce to become a SAHM.

I just don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 83July 16, 2019 6:58 PM

>Then they get nine months off on the company dime.

What, where?

by Anonymousreply 1July 14, 2019 8:58 PM

OP:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 14, 2019 9:00 PM

R1 only in your sad small blue and pink collar worlds, darling OP. My experience of women bankers and lawyers is they work as efficiently as men, if not better.

by Anonymousreply 3July 14, 2019 9:01 PM

R3 one hesitation I have is: I work with attorneys and I have seen many female attorneys break attorney-client privilege. Women have never been good at keeping secrets.

by Anonymousreply 4July 14, 2019 9:13 PM

Bullshit. Certainly not at a White-shoe firm.

by Anonymousreply 5July 14, 2019 9:17 PM

The ONLY thing I've noticed for gender differences is that when women are cold are cunty they are extremely so. Also straight women execs get snappy around gay men because we look through them.

by Anonymousreply 6July 14, 2019 9:19 PM

The worst is when they try to exploit their job to hook a mans, instead of doing the work they were hired to.

by Anonymousreply 7July 14, 2019 9:21 PM

Thank you, OP. You make it so easy for us.

by Anonymousreply 8July 14, 2019 9:22 PM

OP has a point. Pregnancy, missed days for Fibro, etc. It all adds up to a net drain for the company most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 9July 14, 2019 9:34 PM

Let’s not forget the shit generation now being raised by iPads and I’m a millennial raised by Daycare & MTV.

by Anonymousreply 10July 14, 2019 9:39 PM

Well get a uterus implant and then you can get it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 14, 2019 9:45 PM

Are you talking about trans women or women-women.

by Anonymousreply 12July 14, 2019 9:46 PM

Just try it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 14, 2019 9:48 PM

Not to mention the oppressive “ZOMG you’re so lucky you don’t have to get up at 5am to feed your crotchfruit everyday” etc. virtue-signaling to remind you they’ve got “superior” and “selfless” priorities compared to your selfish, self-centered ass.

Not all women do this, usually just the insufferable ones.

by Anonymousreply 14July 14, 2019 9:50 PM

R3 to a certain degree, yes. I am an attorney in a female-heavy area (employment law).

I have known quite a few women (I worked with two partners, women of color) who were destined to beat men at their own game. Incredible confidence and discipline coupled with sheer intelligence.

However, 90% of women can only keep up their efficiency and desire until they get a ring and/or ze babbys. By 30something they are all citing the elusive work-life balance, citing they want to “focus on what really matters.”

Most men and other women in the field know this and 90% of career trajectories prove it.

by Anonymousreply 15July 14, 2019 9:55 PM

Someone has to raise the kids, you know. If daddy is all about his career, maybe mommy is fine seeking "work-life" balance.

by Anonymousreply 16July 14, 2019 9:58 PM

R15 Women would love employment law. Much like HR, not too messy... but plenty of persecution to do towards others.

by Anonymousreply 17July 14, 2019 9:59 PM

Are you kidding me? Employment law is messy. I’ve unfortunately learned that people are immature, selfish, cruel, stupid, etc. as a result. Everyone wants to get away with as much as possible.

It’s basically like Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 18July 14, 2019 10:15 PM

R16 they could ask themselves or their husbands why Daddy needs to be the one with the career.

Truth is, and sorry feminists and SJW and women in general, most women are still fine with it being a Man’s World so long as they are in relative comfort.

It doesn’t take a genius to figure this out and that’s why executive level positions go to men more often than not.

by Anonymousreply 19July 14, 2019 10:18 PM

Don't forget nut allergies, Morgellons.

by Anonymousreply 20July 14, 2019 10:26 PM

What I've noticed is that when anyone (women, men, straight, gay, black, Asian, etc.) are given equal respect they perform equally well. Also helpful is when everyone knows their role and what is expected from them. To single out any group of people doesn't make sense and says more about the person who makes the generalization of said group.

The few issues I have with people in the workplace has to do with an individual, for example, heating up last night's fish casserole in the break room microwave.

by Anonymousreply 21July 14, 2019 10:32 PM

I hate to agree to stereotypes, but after 21 years in the workplace, I honestly have to agree that in general, straight women do waste company time more than men. I cannot tell you how many straight female workers I've seen at work that spend half their day trying to duck and dodge from doing any work. Then the bitches whine when you dare ask them to help you out with something even though they don't do shit 7 hours out of 8! They would rather spend all day playing on their phone texting or calling their husband or checking up on their children, or planning potlucks, or talking all day about stupid shit like their kids or what was on TV the night before. I get so sick of this shit! Some of them even have shit they order online like clothes or houseware items delivered to work just so they can show them off (as if anyone gives a fuck). I've even seen women in executive positions behaving like this. That's not to say there aren't lazy men, but in general, you see it mostly with straight women.

My current job has made me realize that I want to work with mostly men in my next position, or with women who actually take their job seriously. I know that sounds bad, but I can't deal with this shit anymore.

by Anonymousreply 22July 14, 2019 10:46 PM

R18 I meant messy like murder etc. they love the Real Housewives drama of HR/employment.

by Anonymousreply 23July 14, 2019 10:51 PM

I forgot to add that women who are single or are the breadwinners in their family are usually good workers though and take their job seriously since they know it's all on them and they don't have a man to fall back on for money if they get fired.

by Anonymousreply 24July 14, 2019 10:58 PM

R22 you’re just mad they huddle around each other around Gina’s cubicle talking crap about you only to perk up and pretend they are talking about the fiscal year reports due next week, nervously tapping their toes until you are perceived to be out of hearing range.

My friend coined that term: toe rappers.

They all do this when they are wasting company time on gossip and/or whining. Just watch.

by Anonymousreply 25July 14, 2019 11:01 PM

It depends on what kind of work you do. In general, I think a balance of ages, sex, and personalities are best. The worst environment I experienced was subbing for a first grade classroom. Early Elementary school teachers are overwhelmingly women, and not very bright. They are mean, snippy, immature, and cliquey. It’s much better to work in high schools. The teachers are smarter.

by Anonymousreply 26July 14, 2019 11:05 PM

R24 very true.

I had two colleagues like this. One’s husband was an addict who overdosed. Three young kids within years of each other in age. The other chose to marry another Black deadbeat man who abandoned their family. Two young kids within years of each other as well.

They got their shit done and were no nonsense. No time for drama. No crocodile tears for show unlike many women who cry on demand when they don’t get their way. One confided me in about crying only after I had my own breakdown (in the privacy of her office) and the other only after we were no longer coworkers.

Their kids went on to do great things in life thanks to their mothers’ examples.

by Anonymousreply 27July 14, 2019 11:06 PM

We need women in the workplace. Without them there would be no potlucks, no donation requests making their way around the office for good causes, etc.

by Anonymousreply 28July 14, 2019 11:44 PM

[QUOTE] no donation requests making their way around the office for good causes, etc.

R28 that rings a bell. This isn't about women, but....I was working at a contractor at this company. They were constantly passing around cards for people to sign and wanted everyone to donate money for so and so who's out sick, having a birthday. And I didn't even know any of these individuals because I was not an employee at this place

. I thought it was ballsy to go around asking for money donations. Why do people do this?

by Anonymousreply 29July 14, 2019 11:58 PM

And this place had potlucks every month too.

by Anonymousreply 30July 14, 2019 11:59 PM

Gee, we never had Pot Lucks at Lehman Brothers. The women were cunts though I liked this one cunty managing directresse. She was a very down low lesbian. Maybe if we had had pot lucks the corporation wouldn't have gone belly up. I skidaddled out of there long before the crash. Everyone was happy to see it go. Cunty cunty cunty. Even the men. Chase had normal women.

by Anonymousreply 31July 15, 2019 12:12 AM

Lehman Brothers. Were you the one responsible for that firm going under?

by Anonymousreply 32July 15, 2019 12:15 AM

Haha I left 14 years before but that corp was especially poisonous somehow.

I don't understand were all my DL gay brothers have worked - in flyoverstan? - where all these lady colleagues seem straight out of central casting for back office of an insurance company in Toledo Ohio. Cube fraus? Pot Lucks? Mail order merchandise? What is a "break room"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 15, 2019 12:30 AM

*where

by Anonymousreply 34July 15, 2019 12:30 AM

R33 lol

In fairness to our Flyoverstan sisters, cube fraus can exist anywhere.

I’m the employment attorney above, and our clients include many cubicle farms where such fraus can be encountered (with caution) in their natural habitat.

Sorry, ladies, your sisters are perpetuating your stereotypes for you. Very strong tendencies to act exactly as OP described. In fairness, men have their own proclivities but womens’ behavior follows clear patterns.

Even in our employment law practice, the majority admin staff are females in cubicles. Same drama.

by Anonymousreply 35July 15, 2019 1:11 AM

On the other side of things, here are the sweet-yet-frauish women who made the first astronaut suits. They took great pride in their work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 15, 2019 2:07 AM

Hmm link didn't work. I'll try again, but DL seems to be acting up.

Here's the link, in case it doesn't post. https://youtu.be/0QIEMobU6Eg

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 15, 2019 2:11 AM

We didn't care the first time, r37.

by Anonymousreply 38July 15, 2019 3:18 AM

[quote]I am an attorney in a female-heavy area

A female-heavy area? Or a heavy female area?

by Anonymousreply 39July 15, 2019 12:05 PM

ZING! R38

by Anonymousreply 40July 15, 2019 3:18 PM

OH REALLY?!?!!? I've read this entire thread and I wanst to say IS THAT SO? IS THAT HOW YOU REALLY FEEL? There's some biological defect in women making her act this way? The desire to be a mom? ??? Uh huh, really?

WOW. JUST WOW. WELL MAYBE they should just shove their babies off with the nanny and focus on making that money like the gay career daddy parent couples do BECAUSE ITS ALL ABOUT THAT MONEY! Just let your babies go on to get an attachment disorder because your ESL nanny sits them in front of the TV in a high chair! Uh huh!

OH WAIT YOU HATE CHILDREN DONT YOU! GO KISS THE BUTT OF THE MAN THEN!

by Anonymousreply 41July 15, 2019 3:22 PM

R41 Dey eat da poopoo!

by Anonymousreply 42July 15, 2019 4:36 PM

Everybody on this thread has been reported. I will begin contacting each of shortly for a closed-door meeting.

by Anonymousreply 43July 15, 2019 4:43 PM

Honestly women just create drama and persecution in the OFFICE workplace. They want everyone ELSE to work as hard as they can, while they sit on their fat ass.

by Anonymousreply 44July 15, 2019 4:48 PM

Women are drama in the workplace. Period.

Yes they are biologically wired, some sort of defend or be attacked response to years of being dragged around by their hair by their men, beaten when meals weren’t prepared according to the man’s standards, and then cheated on when they gained 30 men with an younger woman.

Oddly enough, they direct the majority of their angst towards other women, so that last one must really sting.

by Anonymousreply 45July 15, 2019 5:14 PM

^^ 30 pounds. We all could wish we could get 30 men.

by Anonymousreply 46July 15, 2019 5:16 PM

Don’t forget how most are at least low key homophobic to gay men, you know because they can’t use their stinking, sopping pussy to control us.

by Anonymousreply 47July 15, 2019 5:18 PM

The attractive women in the workplace can be dismissive and cunty towards gay men, because they know gay men can't be manipulated and they're pissed about that.

by Anonymousreply 48July 15, 2019 5:24 PM

R48 don’t forget the ugly sluts who think they’re hot. One hesitation I have about #metoo is working at a majority female company and seeing how many use tits and kitty to get their way with the majority male higher ups.

by Anonymousreply 49July 15, 2019 5:28 PM

Nothing worse than ugly sluts who think they’re hot.

You can always spot them shopping online while at work, scrolling through the season’s latest sales.

I’m like, “Bitch that outfit ain’t going to make your ass smaller or face less busted... which is what you really need.”

by Anonymousreply 50July 15, 2019 5:35 PM

What a bizarre thread. I'm known some women at work who were either bitches or crazy. But most of them were young, and they calmed down by the time they got older. And I've know some men who were either bitches or crazy. One got fired for mistreating staff during his temper tantrums.

by Anonymousreply 51July 15, 2019 5:39 PM

And let's not forget those people who "go postal" at their workplace. 99% men. When you fire a woman, you don't have to worry about her coming in the next day with a weapon. She might say some bitchy things about the company and coworkers on social media but she's not going to fly into a murderous rage.

by Anonymousreply 52July 15, 2019 5:40 PM

R52 a quick bullet to the head would be more enjoyable than some of the daily emotional abuse of Fraus.

by Anonymousreply 53July 15, 2019 5:43 PM

R52 you can start your own thread if you’d like on men in the workplace.

This one is about frau cubicle games. We know what’s up!

by Anonymousreply 54July 15, 2019 5:48 PM

R54, you know damned well that no one here is going to read a thread about men in the workplace...unless the workplace is a strip club or "massage" parlor.

by Anonymousreply 55July 15, 2019 5:58 PM

Women are CUNTS.

by Anonymousreply 56July 15, 2019 6:04 PM

R56 = Donald Trump

by Anonymousreply 57July 15, 2019 6:08 PM

R22 I gave my frau co-worker a "back-handed:" complement advising her to start her own "event planning " business as she had a real knack. (constantly decorating the office for each and every Hallmark holiday and planning "food days" etc) between all that , her broken-home children and her migraines, she about sent me over. She also created her own position for which there was no job posting nor need. It was funny when a smart, new frau started and within months asked me what "Agnes" actually did each day!

by Anonymousreply 58July 15, 2019 6:15 PM

Workplace Fraus are uncommonly entitled; they get salty when a guy doesn't make an effort to initiate conversation with them or kiss their asses. If a Frau doesn't want to talk to me that's cool, I'm not entitled to her time and attention. But they all think my precious time should go to smiling at them idiotically and making them feel good for driving to work fifteen minutes late and making it through the day without their precious caffeine!

Why is it that single, middle-aged Fraus always die their hair (usually fire-red) and love to joke about sex at the workplace? This one I worked with would sneak pictures of men at the photocopier.

by Anonymousreply 59July 15, 2019 10:37 PM

All straights, even woke liberals, secretly hate the gays.

by Anonymousreply 60July 15, 2019 10:48 PM

[QUOTE] And let's not forget those people who "go postal" at their workplace. 99% men. When you fire a woman, you don't have to worry about her coming in the next day with a weapon. She might say some bitchy things about the company and coworkers on social media but she's not going to fly into a murderous rage.

Ahem...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61July 15, 2019 10:50 PM

R60, so true

by Anonymousreply 62July 16, 2019 1:15 AM

[quote]All straights, even woke liberals, secretly hate the gays.

Paranoid much?

by Anonymousreply 63July 16, 2019 1:34 AM

R60 gay people know this, which is why they work harder and smarter, because they’ve had to look out for themselves in a world that works against them.

Unlike Carla in Cubicle 14, who is scheming up ways to get her slopping wet pussy to take care of her.

by Anonymousreply 64July 16, 2019 1:37 AM

So many women act like crybabies at work over the most stupid shit. There was one time a frau reported me and a few other coworkers to HR because we didn't invite her to go out to lunch with us. I wish I was joking.

Ever since then, I try my best to stay away from women at work. So many of them don't seem stable.

by Anonymousreply 65July 16, 2019 1:47 AM

Employment atty here - you’d be amazed how many claims of discrimination involve not getting a Birthday cake party thrown for Sheila when Shirley and Sharon and Sam and Sean had one as part of the fact pattern.

Also, Marty so spends 15 minutes talking to Collette when he walks in. All Linda gets is a “Good Morning,” the nerve! Marty must be fucking that slut Collette. It’s sex and age discrimination because Linda is 45 and Collette is 32 and everyone knows older women might as well walk into oncoming traffic they’re so h wanted.

by Anonymousreply 66July 16, 2019 1:59 AM

I've always wondered what it must be like to work in an all-male office.

by Anonymousreply 67July 16, 2019 2:01 AM

R66 Thank you for posting this because I'm sure there were some people who thought I was joking. It's seriously scary how demented people can be and how they will put people's livelihoods at risk all because they are mentally ill and get their feelings hurt over stupid shit.

by Anonymousreply 68July 16, 2019 2:05 AM

R67 you get to jack off on the only female’s cubicle, get sued, and have the owner pay out in the six-digits. Like in the finance industry for a smaller firm not interested in diversity like the bigger ones.

True story from an early case we handled in our firm.

by Anonymousreply 69July 16, 2019 2:06 AM

[quote]I've always wondered what it must be like to work in an all-male office.

I haven't worked in an office where the whole place was all male, but I had a job once where the area my desk was in was all male, and it was surprisingly refreshing. The gossip was minimal and there was no drama or stupid shit like planning potlucks, passing birthday cards around to sign, etc. They also rarely talked about their families like women always go on and on about. It was great. The funny thing is that they were mostly Republicans and I was openly gay, yet they were surprisingly always nice to me.

by Anonymousreply 70July 16, 2019 2:13 AM

R70 sounds amazing!

Unless you are “hairdresser gay” women will treat you like shit at work, even then they call you “fag” behind your back.

by Anonymousreply 71July 16, 2019 2:39 AM

r70 that's what I've thought it would be like. No petty bullshit, and much more focus on the actual work.

by Anonymousreply 72July 16, 2019 2:42 AM

R67 My most recent job when I started was 90% female; six months later it was the exact opposite, 90% male. So much easier to do my job and no hesitation to ask colleagues for help; the guys were all open to helping out and getting the job done as a team. It gets a little boring for me being a gay man surrounded by straight, white, Canadian men who drive Dodge Rams but the atmosphere was relaxed and cool. No Fraus to monitor how many minutes I took for a vape break or if I spent an extra five minutes on my lunch break.

by Anonymousreply 73July 16, 2019 2:49 AM

R73 I was going to add the exact same thing - when I worked in the area with all men, everyone was willing to help each other out, whereas when I worked with women, any time I would ask for help (since they had nothing to do anyway) they would be whiny about it and begrudgingly do it with a shitty attitude. It was such a nice change.

I know what you mean about it being a little boring being the only gay around all straight men, but I'll take boring over drama any day. Plus, in my case, the guys were always nice to me and I never felt excluded in any way.

by Anonymousreply 74July 16, 2019 2:57 AM

[QUOTE] Employment atty here - you’d be amazed how many claims of discrimination involve not getting a Birthday cake party thrown for Sheila when Shirley and Sharon and Sam and Sean had one as part of the fact pattern.

Good reason to ban ALL birthday parties, potlucks, money requests in the office. They're a huge liability.

Imagine if someone gets sick from Irma's fish casserole at the potluck? Who's going to get sued for that?

by Anonymousreply 75July 16, 2019 7:31 AM

Exactly R75. At the place I worked they banned alcohol at all company events because one time someone got a DUI after an office party. But they still allowed these potlucks?

by Anonymousreply 76July 16, 2019 7:32 AM

[QUOTE] you get to jack off on the only female’s cubicle

That sounds like our dream job.

by Anonymousreply 77July 16, 2019 7:35 AM

[QUOTE] No Fraus to monitor how many minutes I took for a vape break or if I spent an extra five minutes on my lunch break.

Yeah, where I used to work one frau kept an egg timer at her cube for things like this.

by Anonymousreply 78July 16, 2019 7:45 AM

It's really saying something when I've heard several women themselves (who are actually hard workers because they are single and/or are the breadwinner in their family) say that they wish the company would stop hiring so many women because they are lazy and/or are constantly stirring up shit. So even the women who actually work hard see the bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 79July 16, 2019 7:50 AM

R78 You should’ve kept a timer at your own desk so you could time of how much time the frau spent on gossiping, planning potlucks, and playing on her phone and then compared notes.

by Anonymousreply 80July 16, 2019 8:31 AM

[quote]”back-handed:" complement

Oh, dear!

[quote]Why is it that single, middle-aged Fraus always die their hair

Oh, DEAR!!

by Anonymousreply 81July 16, 2019 12:45 PM

Not a "hairdresser gay" but I didn't have a problem working with women in my office. I had to school a couple of them with vicious sarcasm but after that I got along with them on the job. IF they said anything about me it was behind my back and I didn't GAF. Fortunately I've been self-emplyed for the past 20 years and don't have to deal with the soul destroying office politics.

by Anonymousreply 82July 16, 2019 3:16 PM

Women are persecutors nowadays and unless you have Big Daddy vibes they’ll drag you over the coals.

by Anonymousreply 83July 16, 2019 6:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!