Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Empire Strikes Back: NYT Delivers One-Two Takedown Punch to AOC Today

First, there was a news story that was a (well-deserved, IMHO) hit on her "chief of snacks" former Silicon Valley start-up founder and head of Justice Democrats, Saikat Chakrabarti who has been violating rules about aides speaking out of turn and attacking other Democrats and all that. (He allegedly made a lot of money off his start-up Stripe, which is very well funded.) He has pissed off the moderates (including many minority members) and AOC has curiously not leapt to his defense.

That's takedown 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50July 16, 2019 3:28 AM

And second, MoDo delivers another AOC takedown with the awesome title of "Scaling Wokeback Mountain" basically telling AOC that all she is going to accomplish by attacking Pelosi is four more years of Trump.

I'm thinking this was not a random pairing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 14, 2019 12:49 AM

Maureen Dowd is a miserable old throwback who hasn't been relevant since the 1990s. Additionally, ANYONE who casts their Presidential vote based on a slap fight in the House of Representatives is RETARDED! And I have nothing more to add to this.

by Anonymousreply 3July 14, 2019 12:51 AM

Give it a rest. Do we really need one more thread about her? You're not going to take her down right here on DL.

I just adore how she pisses off just the right people on both the right and the left. I say stir that D.C. shit a bit as those zombie congresspeople have all been in a coma for decades.

by Anonymousreply 4July 14, 2019 12:53 AM

R3 sadly there are a lot of dumbass Americans. We wouldn't have gotten Trump otherwise. Yes he cheated but he still had a lot of voters in just the right places

by Anonymousreply 5July 14, 2019 12:53 AM

Are you from Boston, Weather Fairy?

by Anonymousreply 6July 14, 2019 12:57 AM

Chicago, MyMillennial.

by Anonymousreply 7July 14, 2019 12:59 AM

Then you probably shouldn't say "retarded"

Only Bostonians can get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 8July 14, 2019 1:03 AM

To wit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 14, 2019 1:05 AM

Actually, the article's mostly about her asinine chief of staff--yet another Silicon Valley type who thinks he knows everything. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 10July 14, 2019 1:07 AM

AOC can just STFU.!!

She is giving more fuel to the Faux News crowd to throw rocks at all Democrats.

Normally I don't pay attention to M Dowd. However in this case, I agree with her.

by Anonymousreply 11July 14, 2019 1:07 AM

Maureen Dowd helped the Republicans by spreading Clinton hatred and lies for twenty years. It's people like her that are the reason why Trump is in office today.

by Anonymousreply 12July 14, 2019 1:15 AM

AOC is the issue here, R12. She is giving the speaker a hard time and will let Trump point to AOC as all those wacko Democrats.

Dowd is not the issue. AOC and the other three wackos are the issue

by Anonymousreply 13July 14, 2019 1:24 AM

Oh noes! Old white people is scared of AOC, everyone!!!

Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 14July 14, 2019 1:28 AM

Republicans are massively obsessed with AOC.

by Anonymousreply 15July 14, 2019 1:29 AM

[quote]Dowd is not the issue.

That cunt is a reason why we have Trump in the first. So she is the issue.

Pelosi should tell her own kid to stop partying at Mar a Lago with Ivanka if she's so worried about the optics of the democratic party.

by Anonymousreply 16July 14, 2019 1:37 AM

He's violated house rules, which blow up on her. So, he's gone. Congress has it's own version of Hatch Act for its employees - of which he is one. He's overstepped and brought discredit on the *office* regardless of what the member thinks. The misuse of electronic communications to agitate for grassroots and lobbying outside the scope of official use policies is a specific violation.

by Anonymousreply 17July 14, 2019 1:40 AM

AOC is so cute. Can we just stop and talk about what a cutie she is? Looks like Bambi.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-learned-her-141500873.html

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 14, 2019 1:48 AM

[quote]basically telling AOC that all she is going to accomplish by attacking Pelosi is four more years of Trump.

That’s actually what the wokesters want, of course. It creates more opportunities for them to grandstand on Twitter.

The wokesters do not actually give a shit about the people the pretend to worry so much about.

by Anonymousreply 19July 14, 2019 1:49 AM

He's hot as fuck!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 14, 2019 1:49 AM

This is so typical. Pelosi brought this war to the front with her unprovoked taunts against AOC, Tlaib, and Omar. But when the latter lash back, they get the blame for provoking division.

It's just like how the NYT covers Israel and Palestine. Israel steals Palestinian land, shoots at Palestinian farmers and fishermen, and drops bombs on civilian neighbors, but when a Palestinian faction fires a single useless rocket in response, and the Israeli army drops even more devastating bombs afterwards, the NYT says Israel is retaliating and Palestinians are provoking unrest.

As MLK said, the media always sides with the powerful and makes them out to be the victims and the oppressed fight back.

by Anonymousreply 21July 14, 2019 1:49 AM

Daddy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 14, 2019 1:50 AM

It'll be interesting to see if she survives the next election.

by Anonymousreply 23July 14, 2019 1:53 AM

Seriously, she's so cute? Why do you hate her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 14, 2019 1:53 AM

Dowd is a vile, hate filled cunt who has spent 30 years raging at the Clinton's. Maureen comes from a family of Trump lovers and I suspect she's one herself. AOC is far from perfect but the talentless pig Dowd has no business criticizing anyone. And for what it's worth, Maureen hates any woman who has accomplished anything with their lives.

by Anonymousreply 25July 14, 2019 1:54 AM

How can you hate her? Look how cute she when sh'es thinking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 14, 2019 1:56 AM

Did any of you even listen to the story about the mom who's child drowned?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 14, 2019 2:00 AM

The Daily News is sick of this bitch too

A race to the bottom: AOC should drop the victim card when facing criticism

New York’s Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez wants the world to know she is being victimized. Because of her race. By House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. And so, she claims, are fellow newbies Reps. Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib and Ayanna Pressley. The complaints would be laughable were they not toxic to civil conversation and damaging to Democrats who must suspend petty internecine squabbling to defeat President Trump next year.

The spark that set off Ocasio-Cortez’s siren: Pelosi, responsible for steering a large and ideologically diverse caucus, urged the group to keep disagreements inside the tent, reminding them that “They’re four people, and that’s how many votes they got.” Which triggered AOC, sounding more like a college freshman demanding a safe space than a freshman lawmaker, to decry “the persistent...the explicit singling out of newly elected women of color,” which she deemed “outright disrespectful.” It is deeply disheartening to see someone as smart, talented and otherwise savvy as this fail such a big political test.

Ocasio-Cortez surely knows she is one of 235 Democrats, who happens to represent a safe district in a liberal city. Surely she knows the size of her small band of pure progressives pales in comparison to that of the moderate New Democrat Coalition, now 101 members strong. Surely she knows Omar was not picked on by Pelosi; she singled herself out by claiming Jewish Americans had dual loyalties and were motivated only by money. Surely she knows intra-party fights are a tradition older than the Hill itself. Just four years ago, Speaker John Boehner wrestled the hard-right Freedom Caucus over budget and spending votes. Some members even lost committee posts in the process. They all happened to be white men; nobody howled about race or gender. Republicans have long claimed Democrats too quickly resort to pulling identity cards when criticized. One of the Democrats’ brightest young stars shouldn’t help prove them right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 14, 2019 2:03 AM

[quote] And I have nothing more to add to this

We're holding you to that,.

by Anonymousreply 29July 14, 2019 2:04 AM

AOC is the same as Bernie Sanders - once they get the spotlight and a microphone they never shut up. Their non stop yapping is self defeating as well as hurting the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 30July 14, 2019 2:07 AM

And so Nancy changes into The Hulk as she begins her destruction of the pipsqueak.

by Anonymousreply 31July 14, 2019 2:08 AM

I'll have a vodka tonic thanks server

by Anonymousreply 32July 14, 2019 2:08 AM

I like AOC and she can be impressive in hearings. She is intelligent, but she is not smart. Her youth and inexperience come through loud and clear and I was always suspicious of her being a Bernie "protege. " I think if she would settle down she could learn. She could be a great asset. We need young voices and a fresh perspective. But for her to attack the Speaker and call her a racist, is out of line, and unwarranted, IMO. She is burning a lot of bridges right now.

by Anonymousreply 33July 14, 2019 2:10 AM

[quote] Seriously, she's so cute? Why do you hate her?

Because she's a dumb, divisive cunt whose nonsense is going to hand the election to trump

She needs to learn about loyalty. A former boss taught me very well. Our team's business stays within our team. We don't bring our business to everyone else, who will end up using it against us. It's the best work advice I've ever gotten

by Anonymousreply 34July 14, 2019 2:10 AM

That entire Squad sucks. Sick of them.

by Anonymousreply 35July 14, 2019 2:11 AM

She's a sly bitch. She knows how to manipulate the media. Kind of like trump.

You can't trust people like that

She won't be happy until she drags the democratic party down. She seems to have missed the part where the republicans are the enemy. But with a dumb, vindictive, grandstanding bitch like this, who needs enemies?

by Anonymousreply 36July 14, 2019 2:13 AM

Saikat Chakrabarti looks like he has a big dick, but I’ll bet he’s homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 37July 14, 2019 2:32 AM

[quote] New York’s Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez wants the world to know she is being victimized. Because of her race.

Her "race" is white. She's Hispanic, but that's not a race. Most Puerto Ricans classify themselves as white.

by Anonymousreply 38July 14, 2019 2:42 AM

At least AOC has no qualms about standing up to Trump ,unlike Maureen "well at least he's not Hilary" Dowd and the rest of the NYT staff.

by Anonymousreply 39July 14, 2019 4:00 AM

R38 She is NOT white. Hispanic/Latino people belong to the brown race. Get real.

by Anonymousreply 40July 14, 2019 4:03 AM

R40 Or, at least white adjacent

by Anonymousreply 41July 14, 2019 4:07 AM

So much retard inbred KKK cousin fuckin’ Jebus lovin’ terra cotta toothed Rethug white man panic in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 42July 14, 2019 12:18 PM

One and done at best. Primaries work both ways.

by Anonymousreply 43July 14, 2019 12:38 PM

R11/R13: Oh really. Tell me, which persuadable voters watch Fox Nazi News? What's that? None of them? So your concern trolling is completely fake? Yeah. Thought so. Sit down and shut up.

R29: This comment is just for you, Twatina.

by Anonymousreply 44July 14, 2019 2:25 PM

They’re not a “Squad” they’lre just four “Mean Girl” wannabes.

by Anonymousreply 45July 14, 2019 3:42 PM

[quote]Her "race" is white. She's Hispanic, but that's not a race. Most Puerto Ricans classify themselves as white.

AOC's skin is brown. Like most Puerto Ricans, she's a mix of Spanish/black and possibly Taino. She is no white girl.

And yeah, we've got a problem in Latino World with Latinos who want to classify themselves as purely Spanish/white when they are clearly of mixed race. A sad legacy of colonialism seen all over the world. 'Most Puerto Ricans' can classify themselves as white all they want, but there's this inconvenient thing called vision that proves it to be bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 46July 14, 2019 3:56 PM

LOL R46

I've been told by someone I know who runs a "diversity hiring" program that is is actually becoming a bigger issue now, especially with South American immigrants who may be of Italian or even German or Irish heritage rather than Spanish, but are third generation Venezuelans or Argentinians.

by Anonymousreply 47July 14, 2019 4:22 PM

[quote]a mix of Spanish/black

Sure Jan. Cortes/Cortez is Castilian, the whitest of white Spaniards. Her race *is* white.

Imagine if AOC used all of this energy and media attention to go after Trump and the GOP rather than her own party and Pelosi. A good question to ask is why she doesn’t.

by Anonymousreply 48July 14, 2019 4:31 PM

[quote]Sure Jan. Cortes/Cortez is Castilian, the whitest of white Spaniards. Her race *is* white.

Sure right back at you, Jan. I'm Latino - do you think I don't know about my own fucking people? Go stand AOC next to a white girl like Chelsea Clinton and then talk to me about how 'white' she is. Her heritage is apparent in her very facial structure, let alone her brown skin. She has referred to herself as a woman of color - you don't get to do that if you're a white woman of pure European heritage. Seriously, stop embarassing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 49July 15, 2019 6:08 AM

[quote] She has referred to herself as a woman of color - you don't get to do that if you're a white woman of pure European heritage.

Ahem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50July 16, 2019 3:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!