Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Adrienne Arpel

Could there be anything more exciting?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84August 31, 2019 11:08 PM

She can make ANY woman good looking in 3 weeks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 7, 2019 2:57 AM

Remember at Macy’s when they used to have her counter with those black and white pictures of herself??

by Anonymousreply 2July 7, 2019 3:03 AM

They were like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 7, 2019 3:07 AM

A positively hypnotic hairstyle.

by Anonymousreply 4July 7, 2019 3:12 AM

Hunny, I used to do make up for photo shoots back in the day...about 30 yrs ago, and sometimes I used to love to watch Adrienne on HSN with her before and after shit as she made up her girls. (60 yr olds and beyond! ). Anyway, she was fun to watch. Definitely over the top with her vitamin capsules. her make up was too heavy. Like spackling.

by Anonymousreply 5July 7, 2019 3:21 AM

I want some of her stuff, but it’s a little expensive.

by Anonymousreply 6July 7, 2019 3:22 AM

But R6 HSN has Flex Pay options.

by Anonymousreply 7July 7, 2019 3:25 AM

God, there was something so mesmerizing about her. It was like I couldn't turn it off.

by Anonymousreply 8July 7, 2019 4:01 AM

How old is this bitch? She has to be in her mid 70s by now ?

by Anonymousreply 9July 7, 2019 4:02 AM

I will always be loyal to Marilyn Miglin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 7, 2019 4:10 AM

Adrienne Arpel will 78 on the 15th of July. She was born in 1941.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 7, 2019 6:04 AM

You do remember that Marilyn Miglins' husband was an "innocent" victim of Andrew Cunanan.

I believe he was taped up S&M style.

by Anonymousreply 12July 7, 2019 12:55 PM

Adrienne's make up is perfect for stage.

by Anonymousreply 13July 7, 2019 1:22 PM

Better than Adrienne Arpel?

Merle Norman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 7, 2019 2:17 PM

Adrienne sounds like Barbara Walters. Her segment starts around the 2:40 mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 7, 2019 2:37 PM

Who the fuck is this??!

by Anonymousreply 16July 7, 2019 2:40 PM

She had this wonderful pearlizing liquid, I think it was called "crushed pearls". Would love to buy it today.

by Anonymousreply 17July 7, 2019 2:54 PM

Anyone remember the Anchorwoman BLUE (yes I said blue) under eye concealer/corrector?

by Anonymousreply 18July 7, 2019 4:35 PM

Apparently she spells her name "Adrien" Arpel, not Adrienne.

by Anonymousreply 19July 7, 2019 6:40 PM

Now that she only goes by one name on HSN (and for some reason dropped Arpel), she has changed the spelling of her first name to the traditional 'Adrienne.'

by Anonymousreply 20July 7, 2019 6:47 PM

From the early '80s to the late '90s, her company also made/distributed the Robert Piguet perfumes (Fracas, Bandit, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 21July 7, 2019 6:58 PM

'Adrien' (the person) sold 'Adrien Arpel' (the company) back in the late 60s. She stayed on as CEO. When Adrien took Adrien Arpel to HSN, it did far better than anyone expected, and Adrien wanted a higher payout from Adrien Arpel. They refused, so she started a new brand, 'Signature Club A' to sell on HSN, but had no legal claims to the name Adrien Arpel, and thus goes by 'Adrienne'. Dimitri James, who sells another HSN line, 'SKINN', worked for Adrien Arpel previously; he has similar mannerisms and language to Adrienne in his sales presentations.

by Anonymousreply 22July 7, 2019 8:48 PM

Speaking of Merle Norman, if you're in LA, the Nethercutt Museum in Sylmar, which was started by the Merle Norman family, is fabulous. Amazing, beautifully restored automobiles, and an incredible collection of mechanical musical instruments--including a mighty Wurlitzer! (And there's Merle Norman store right next door!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 8, 2019 3:35 AM

Bump by request.

by Anonymousreply 24August 12, 2019 12:57 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 12, 2019 1:49 AM

Man that woman is hot.

by Anonymousreply 26August 12, 2019 1:51 AM

We love Adrienne! Especially when shes teamed up with Shannon Smith. Anchorwoman Blue all the way!

by Anonymousreply 27August 12, 2019 2:53 AM

I would love to know her HSN schedule.

by Anonymousreply 28August 12, 2019 2:59 AM

I bet she’s even prettier WITHOUT makeup ! !

by Anonymousreply 29August 12, 2019 3:04 AM

Notice how at the [bold]4:40 mark [/bold]HERE, she doesn’t even notice she’s applied a huge swath of the wrong color foundation to just one side of the model’s face. [italic]Honey badger don’t give a shit![/italic]

(The compact she’s working with contains 2 shades - she’s picked up some of the wrong one on the edge of her sponge.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 12, 2019 3:17 AM

When she applies makeup she just puts it on there like she’s putting it on a mannequin.

by Anonymousreply 31August 12, 2019 3:33 AM

I used to buy some of her stuff.

by Anonymousreply 32August 12, 2019 5:04 AM

As long as she's not the one applying it, it may be okay?

I've learned a lot about makeup application this year from following all the Tati/James Charles drama. Arpel simply CANNOT SEE, or her looong nails get in the way ... but in any event, she cannot blend a product to save her life.

It's kind of embarrasing.

by Anonymousreply 33August 12, 2019 5:28 AM

I remember her...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 12, 2019 6:19 AM

R28 You can view the HSN schedule if you download the app.

Adrienne will be back on Labor Day weekend. No doubt she will have the lowest prices ever because of the holiday. She will have only a limited amount of stock however, as she will tell you she cannot afford to sell any more at these insane prices or she will go out of business. But she wants to do something very special for her girls as a gift to them for the very important makeup holiday of Labor Day.

by Anonymousreply 35August 12, 2019 6:41 AM

The price just dropped 6 million on our future DL commune.

I call dibs on the #12 bedroom and the bathroom at #14. The rest of you whores can fight over who gets the factices in my bathroom (unless there's one of AdriEssence, then it's mine) and who's sleeping under the ceiling-high trompe l'oeil meadow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 12, 2019 7:11 AM

Adrien et fille employ a fluffy bow and shoulder pads atop shoulder pads to correct a woman with "no shoulders."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 12, 2019 8:25 AM

Adrien et fille employ shoulder pads, stiletto heels, and a peplum atop an elastic belt to correct a woman with "no hips, no tushie."

[quote]Another good point for a person without no hips is a peplum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 12, 2019 8:32 AM

Did her listing agent ever write for The Tig?

[quote]Adrien Arpel is the name that is firmly attached to the pioneering entrepreneur of a revered skin care industry, and a cosmetic brand that combines the treasures of nature with advanced scientific breakthroughs. The Arpel line has been familiar to women for many years and her anti-aging creams and lotions aren't just a sales guarantee in the merchandise list, it is a product guarantee - just as her home in coveted Southampton is an endorsement of her meticulous eye to detail.

[quote]This home on fabled Meadow Lane has other iconic names as neighbors including residents such as David Koch and Leon Black and many other recognizable individuals. Currently however, present owner Ms. Arpel still works full time and travels extensively via private jet with a 30-pound English Blue feline.

And if all of that (and the omission of its proximity to Southampton's helipad) doesn't sell it, Adrien will just guilt you into buying...

[quote]"I raised my daughter here and my grandchildren came every weekend during the season from June through September. I installed new tennis courts and a pool, but no one has used them, or the home. It no longer makes sense to have all of these wonderful and new amenities with no one using them. The house requires special ownership to treasure it as we have," explained the ebullient Ms. Arpel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 12, 2019 7:41 PM

[quote] r29 [italic]"This home on fabled Meadow Lane has other iconic names as neighbors including residents such as David Koch and Leon Black..."[/italic]

Who?

by Anonymousreply 40August 12, 2019 9:11 PM

R35 thank you so much for letting me know Ms. Arpel's Labor Day schedule. I've got my calendar marked!! I hope I can get in on the deals before the stock runs out.

by Anonymousreply 41August 12, 2019 11:10 PM

That house is awful.

by Anonymousreply 42August 12, 2019 11:34 PM

In the mid 90s, a roommate and I in the West Village spent every Adrien weekend watching her peddle that shit while we were doing bong hits. When she goes off the rails with something really inappropriate, the bong hits really make it special.

She used to sell a product called Camouflage. She now calls it Kaleidoscope. There are two. One is a blusher, the other bronzer. She pushes it by saying, 'Just brush on all the colors. You can't make a mistake.' And, of course, this is the 'perfect make-up' for (fill in the blank.)

They took a caller who explained that she loved Camouflage and because of Camouflage she could finally wear make up and feel beautiful. Other make up she could not use... because she was blind. Adrien jumped on that. Jumped. "That's right! With Camouflage, you can't make a mistake. It's the perfect make-up for the non-sighted."

We would have laughed endlessly even without the pot. It was unforgettable. What a vulgar little woman, our Adrien.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 12, 2019 11:53 PM

[quote]What a vulgar little woman, our Adrien.

Vulgar, schmulgar. At least my face is still tight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 13, 2019 12:04 AM

I found this on someone's blog - - pretty much sums it up for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote] I don't know what it is about Adrienne, but whenever she's on HSN, I am completely hypnotized by her. I love the way she sweeps her bangs out of her face and leans in towards the camera when she's getting serious about educating you on the finer points of argon oil or hyaluronic acid.

[quote]I love how she smears lotions, potions, and makeup all over the models' faces without much regard for how much she's using or where it ultimately ends up (the demonstrations with the multi-colored concealers are by far my favorite part of the Adrienne show). The models Adrienne uses appear to be clean-faced before she starts slapping on her various face paints (and I do mean slap, Adrienne is not know for her gentle touch!)

[quote]I love her big jewelry, her pulled face, and her pouty fish lips. I've never tried any of her products, but I'm always tempted

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 13, 2019 12:33 AM

I can't take my eyes off the screen when she's on.

by Anonymousreply 46August 13, 2019 1:28 AM

That's Nora Dunn and Jan Hooks, r15.....

by Anonymousreply 47August 13, 2019 1:45 AM

she is 77 yrs old. gross old hag. ughhhhhhhhhh

by Anonymousreply 48August 13, 2019 1:50 AM

her and Marilyn miglin should go on the road together: War Paint.....theyr two old broads who know how to sell shit stuff.....gak

by Anonymousreply 49August 13, 2019 1:56 AM

Without Adrienne, there would be no Felicia Gallant!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 13, 2019 2:15 AM

Her husband died in that home R36. I believe in the bath at #14. Or was it the bedroom at #12?

by Anonymousreply 51August 13, 2019 2:20 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52August 13, 2019 2:24 AM

Adrien is a Trumpette. She hosted a Christmas luncheon at Mar-A-Lago for the group last year or the year before.

by Anonymousreply 53August 13, 2019 2:54 AM

That’s okay, r51. Ronnie’s ghost threw on a chartreuse dinner jacket and matching loafers and flew off to Mar-a-Lago before the body was even cold.

I feel confident in saying I won’t be sharing a bed or a tub with him.

by Anonymousreply 54August 13, 2019 2:55 AM

I see that Kathy Levine was on HSN selling Nutrisystem earlier this year. I’d love to see her and AA shilling together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 13, 2019 8:26 PM

I wish Lauren Hutton, Suzanne Somers, Isaac, and Iris Apfel would return.

But especially Lauren.

by Anonymousreply 56August 14, 2019 4:58 PM

Iris Apfel is awful.

by Anonymousreply 57August 14, 2019 5:40 PM

Lauren Hutton actually came up with a quick, simple makeup line for women - and UNLIKE ARPEL, she knew how to apply it!

I didn’t know she did HSN etc. I’ll have to investigate!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58August 14, 2019 6:35 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59August 14, 2019 6:36 PM

Adrienne is a crazy old bitch !!!!!! without wig and makeup she look like granny clampett

by Anonymousreply 60August 14, 2019 11:53 PM

Is it too late for Anjelica Huston to do [italic]Half Off: The Adrien Arpel Story[/italic]

Only on Lifetime

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61August 15, 2019 12:01 AM

R8. yes, she hypnotized you, sucked you into the tv and then stole your soul. HSN was my white trash guilty pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 62August 15, 2019 12:03 AM

The way she manhandles some of the models is always entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 63August 15, 2019 12:17 AM

all on the show are scared of and cant stand her...….bossy old woman

by Anonymousreply 64August 15, 2019 11:25 PM

I've no doubt she's a Faye Dunaway wannabe, but that's much of the fun.

by Anonymousreply 65August 16, 2019 12:18 AM

Nonsense, R64. If my gals are so scared, why do socialize with me?

Here we are three sheets to the wind last Friday night after the launch of the Imperial Baobab Eyelid Glue Stick; the first of its kind, the only one in the world, discovered by ME on the forbidden banks of the Zambezi River — known as the African Fountain of Youth — where 98-year-old women sleep with their faces wrapped in Imperial Baobab-soaked bandages and get carded even more frequently than 98-year-old Dataloungers. It’s true!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66August 16, 2019 12:29 AM

staff says she tapes up her old face with duct tape fore the show to pull up her granny droop.

by Anonymousreply 67August 16, 2019 10:19 AM

Absolutely, R67. I would love to peel back her wig and see what she's got under there holding up everything from her shoulders to her brow.

by Anonymousreply 68August 16, 2019 3:39 PM

Stop it she uses Cool Tight and Tense Up it's the perfect combination. She added double the tighteners for the neck.

But in all seriousness even though it appears she has has had help with her face via surgical means, her neck and declotee area are astounding for a woman her age.

by Anonymousreply 69August 17, 2019 12:13 PM

[quote] declotee area

Uh oh.

by Anonymousreply 70August 17, 2019 1:41 PM

like Dietrich, fish hooks pull her neck and face back, tuff old broad

by Anonymousreply 71August 18, 2019 4:47 AM

She dyes even her nose hairs.

by Anonymousreply 72August 18, 2019 7:57 AM

What??

by Anonymousreply 73August 18, 2019 10:25 AM

Adrienne is FINALLY back on HSN Friday and Saturday after a long summer of searching the world for new ingredients. Her first show airs today at 7 AM. Be there for the craziest most insane bargains ever offered, as a special thank you to her girls only for the iconic Labor Day holiday. All discounted items will be available in limited amounts only, as Adrienne cannot afford to put herself out of business by selling too many at these prices.

by Anonymousreply 74August 30, 2019 6:47 AM

SHE IS THE GROSSEST OF THE GROSS !!!

SUPER FUG!!

MONSTROUS AND OLD !!

by Anonymousreply 75August 30, 2019 7:42 AM

It's okay to be old. We all have grandmothers we love.

It's being weirdly aggresive and composed entirely of builshit that's her problem.

by Anonymousreply 76August 30, 2019 3:04 PM

Adrienne was on all day today and will be on again in a featured spot at 10 pm and then again at 1 am for the full hour!

by Anonymousreply 77August 31, 2019 1:46 AM

ON LIVE NOW ON HSN!!!

by Anonymousreply 78August 31, 2019 5:01 AM

Let's see if she can top this morning's performance (in bright yellow snakeskin) in which she tried to sell a product on Dorian's back but caught herself.

Paraphrasing...

"You should apply the dream morning and night, but not the capsules. The capsules LAST. The [miracle ingredient] is retained by your skin for days. It will stay in your skin through menopausal hot flashes and it will even stay in your skin through the hu.... It will stay in your skin through a huge rainstorm!"

by Anonymousreply 79August 31, 2019 5:31 AM

She just insisted that her new LED lights product contained "little tiny pulverized micrometeorites" to echo LED lighting technology. She then claimed that she recently had every single light in her home changed to LED because of how much better it makes one look than traditional light bulbs (even though the exact opposite of that is true).

by Anonymousreply 80August 31, 2019 6:29 AM

Now that a direct hit and its ensuing death and destruction seem less likely, she was open about her capsules remaining "glued" within the wrinkles through Dorian.

I was hoping she'd say she figured out a way to encapsulate actual LED lighting within rapid-transit QuSomes™ which burrow straight down to the hypodermis and explode, shooting lit LED MicroShrapnel™ back up to the surface.

by Anonymousreply 81August 31, 2019 6:55 AM

She is saving the MicroShrapnel introduction as the latest ingredient added to the 5 Essentials cream as it has not been updated since 2014 and is due for an amazing new cosmeceutical discovery.

by Anonymousreply 82August 31, 2019 7:38 AM

On now for last show of the visit! Everything will be crazily priced as a result. Do not miss out and be one of the many who call Adrienne on her cell phone tomorrow asking for these deals, once it's gone it's gone and she just doesn't have any more.

by Anonymousreply 83August 31, 2019 11:04 PM

[quote]I was hoping she'd say she figured out a way to encapsulate actual LED lighting within rapid-transit QuSomes™ which burrow straight down to the hypodermis and explode, shooting lit LED MicroShrapnel™ back up to the surface.

DISCO FACE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84August 31, 2019 11:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!