Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kevin Costner: Princess Diana Was Set To Star In "The Bodyguard" Sequel

She could have been the QUEEN of Hollywood!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 4, 2019 5:50 AM

Not in a million years would she have been allowed to do that. The boys would have been taken away had she even tried.

by Anonymousreply 1July 2, 2019 8:22 PM

I did picture Costner in my head as the romantic male lead when I read Peter Lefcourt’s “Di & I”.

[quote] Product Description: Princess Di is in love. At last. After all the fuss about Charles and Camilla, Di’s finally found the right guy—Leonard Schecter, an American with a taste for long-legged blondes and epic poetry. The love-starved pair meet at a Togolese embassy reception in London, stare into each other’s eyes, and go weak in the knees. They carry on a tempestuous affair under the noses of Diana’s bodyguards, her regal in-laws, young princes William and Harry, paparazzi, and Barbara Walters. Their passionate romance sweeps them from the Royal Box at Ascot to a McDonald’s franchise in Rancho Cucamonga, where they flee to seek a better—and private—life. Hilarious, romantic and madcap, "Di and I" is the most unlikely love story since Edward VIII ran off with Wallis Simpson. Only this time, the tale is a lot funnier.

(I also pictured younger Costner as the lead if they adapted Lefcourt’s “The Dreyfus Affair”, about a gay baseball player.)

by Anonymousreply 2July 2, 2019 9:20 PM

This is total BS.

by Anonymousreply 3July 2, 2019 9:26 PM

Other celebrities from her era are obsessed with Diana and her premature death. Remember the video Madonna made (and then shelved) where she reenacted Diana's final moments in the restaurant lobby? Or Tom Cruise nearly hysterical when he called up Larry King the day after she died to announce he had been driven through the exact same tunnel? (As if anyone else cared.)

They all realize she was even more famous than they were, and they weirdly identify with her and want to pretend they were close to her. and could have been her. They think, 'There but for the grace of God went I."

by Anonymousreply 4July 2, 2019 9:32 PM

Somehow, I think that her acting would have made Vanna White look Oscar-worthy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 2, 2019 10:04 PM

Vanna went to the Andie MacDowellrod school of acting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 4, 2019 5:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!