Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Judge Judy and her ilk prompt us to laugh at poor people

Basically all the shows of this genre, and the "Jerry Springer" type tabloid shows do the same thing. Yes, some of these people behave in appalling ways, but many are just trying to make the best at their circumstances, making bad choices and failing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 5, 2019 5:15 AM

What a load of bollix.

Sheindlin is calling it as it is-how the fuck can a 16 year old be prepared for mother/fatherhood? If you have kids, make sure you can afford and care for them, feed and clothe them and give them the best chance in life.

And it's not just poor people she has a go at. Watch the video at the link.

We need more like her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 27, 2019 11:05 AM

Springer was fake from the get go. The people who went on his show were getting an all expenses paid vacation to Chicago (later Stamford, CT). They were to make buffoons of themselves in repayment. I've never heard a single complaint from anyone on the show.

by Anonymousreply 2June 27, 2019 11:22 AM

So what if it wasn't real R2? If the people watching it believed it was, they were still displaying the behavior that the OP describes.

by Anonymousreply 3June 27, 2019 11:38 AM

Even worse are the Spanish language talk shows—always showing the lower class darker Latin Americans as having the social problems with the fair skinned talk show host moderating everything

by Anonymousreply 4June 27, 2019 12:13 PM

It is about laughing at trashy people. Not all poor people are trashy, the author insults poor people if they conflate the two.

by Anonymousreply 5June 27, 2019 12:39 PM

These people are not actors on Judge Judy. They choose to go on there. One of my favorites is the one between the hillbilly sisters, one of whom hit a deer with the other's car and then ate the deer.

by Anonymousreply 6June 27, 2019 12:44 PM

Thank you, R5.

by Anonymousreply 7June 27, 2019 12:48 PM

r6

any link?

by Anonymousreply 8June 27, 2019 4:14 PM

Kisses, OP.

by Anonymousreply 9June 27, 2019 5:49 PM

Looks like Jessica Walter.

by Anonymousreply 10June 27, 2019 5:58 PM

Is she trying to look like Ruth Bader Ginsburg?

by Anonymousreply 11June 27, 2019 6:01 PM

I can't stand the phrase "bad choices" to rationalize stupid and moronic behavior.

by Anonymousreply 12June 27, 2019 6:04 PM

[quote]Even worse are the Spanish language talk shows—always showing the lower class darker Latin Americans as having the social problems with the fair skinned talk show host moderating everything

Ese es mi lema, "What`s up baby!"!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 27, 2019 6:04 PM

I love Judge Judy and her straight talk! If people don't want to hear her version of the truth then they don't have to go on/watch her show.

by Anonymousreply 14June 27, 2019 6:05 PM

You can't blame Scheindlin from being cynical when they have to spend their working days with trash.

by Anonymousreply 15July 5, 2019 5:06 AM

Hey! Hey, Betty Boo-Hoo! Think YOU got problems?! Baba Wawa is dying in that "Alzheimer's Condo" I bought in partnership with her, Cindy Adams and Molinsky. Bitch is never gonna leave because she's never gonna die! MORE of my hard-earned money down the crapper. OY!

by Anonymousreply 16July 5, 2019 5:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!