Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tucker Carlson and Fox News: Is the Metric system completely made up?

Oh, fuck me Jesus!!!! Now Fox Noise viewers are led to believe that a system of measurement units based on the concept tens is the illegitimate work of sorcery, Europeans, pre-Putin communists, or something like that

[quote]This is like a perfect encapsulation of not only how hilariously dumb American culture has become, but how do you get angry at a unit of measurement?

[quote]How do you seriously have a chip on your shoulder because something comes in units per hundred or thousand? How can you honestly find fault with a logical progression of size, weight and distance?

[quote]That was a segment on 'Tucker Carlson Tonight', a programme on Fox News that's regularly torn to shreds by late-night comedy talk show hosts and people on Twitter. No joke, when we first saw this segment, there was a part of us that automatically assumed it was some kind of joke, like Chris Morris and 'Brass Eye' or something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 12, 2019 6:16 PM

Oh, hey, TC---guess what? EVERYTHING is made up!

by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2019 1:45 PM

Yes, the metric system was completely made up by the French in the wake of the French revolution when they were busy abolishing the old ways of doing things. And, guess what? Two hundred plus years later, essentially the whole world uses it other than the US as it's so damned logical and easy to use.

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2019 1:47 PM

“The global tyranny of the metric system.”

"I'll accept the kilogram when we accept the Euro. Never."

Tucker Carlson's segment is better suited for SNL.

We use the metric system for soda, wine, liquor and bottled water. The healthcare field uses metric for prescriptions, cholesterol levels, over-the-counter drugs and vitamins. We run 5K races and drive on tires measured in millimeters. Someone posted on Youtube, "America is embracing the metric system an inch at a time".

by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2019 5:02 PM

I know the losers on DL worship them because many of you are just damaged individuals, but conservative white men really live to be smug, ignorant, entitled shitheads.

by Anonymousreply 4June 9, 2019 5:07 PM

If God had wanted us to organize things in tenths he would have given us a sign

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 9, 2019 5:10 PM

FOX really is just tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 6June 9, 2019 5:11 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 9, 2019 5:18 PM

I really believe Fuckhead Carlson comes up with these topics as a Hail Mary. He doesn’t have any ideas and is painfully stupid so I can just picture him two hours before airtime and then saying to his writers “well, shit, how about meat? We’ll do a show on meat, and how we measure it in pounds. And yeah! Metric System! Boom! That’s gold!”

Then he drops his pants and jerks off while the rest of his staff scatter to start researching.

by Anonymousreply 8June 9, 2019 5:40 PM

Robespierre's favorite measuring system?

Come on, it's performance art, it has to be, and when they cut to commercial they break into uncontrolled hysterical laughter.

by Anonymousreply 9June 9, 2019 6:54 PM

Because the right-wing morons melded to their La-Z-Boys don't have nearly enough nonsense to get mad about, especially when it's perceived as something "fer'in"

by Anonymousreply 10June 9, 2019 11:25 PM

The loons at Fox, craving more nonsubstantial white superiority topics love to dwell on this old chestnut from the 70s. They ignore it costs the US billions every year in lost sales and productivity because our engineering products, cars, and components that aren’t metric have next to no market.

There’s only one market for Imperial standard: the US. Nobody else wants it. The rest of the world switched to the metric system. The US is a laughingstock and loses market to China and the EU due to this John Birch obsession with a dead system.

by Anonymousreply 11June 10, 2019 5:07 AM

I remember doing exercises in grade school in the early '70s (basically multiplying and dividing by ten) in anticipation of the move over to metric that never happened. What ever happened?

by Anonymousreply 12June 10, 2019 5:22 AM

Haven't we quietly switched in things that really matter? Cars and almost everything else we manufacture are metric now, so who cares if our road signs and milk jugs aren't?

by Anonymousreply 13June 10, 2019 6:47 AM

How about Fucker Carlson is made up?

What a fucking weirdo. Sad that way too many low IQ individuals watch this TV channel.

by Anonymousreply 14June 10, 2019 6:53 AM

Typical of these fucktards, what’s new? Don’t ever suspect them of having any brains - they’re complete and total idiots.

by Anonymousreply 15June 10, 2019 7:06 AM

Some of you aren’t very bright and easily fall into the trap of being outraged by mediocre trolling.

Sure, this channel has an audience that is significant and toxic. However, if you think Tucker Carlson is the voice of America, you are rather limited...

by Anonymousreply 16June 10, 2019 2:41 PM

[quote] if you think Tucker Carlson is the voice of America, you are rather limited...

Oddly enough, his Father ran of Voice of America for several years (and was president of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting).

by Anonymousreply 17June 10, 2019 3:37 PM

Obviously, Jesus is against the metric system

by Anonymousreply 18June 10, 2019 3:57 PM

[quote] Some of you aren’t very bright and easily fall into the trap of being outraged by mediocre trolling.

No one is "outraged" at this. We're just calling out the general stupidity of Fox viewers who would fall for this stuff

by Anonymousreply 19June 10, 2019 3:58 PM

Imagine getting to Heaven and all the highway signs still show the distances in cubits.

by Anonymousreply 20June 10, 2019 4:00 PM

[quote]Oddly enough, his Father ran of Voice of America for several years

Thank you for not writing “ironically.”

by Anonymousreply 21June 10, 2019 4:02 PM

At least this time it wasnt the muslims fault, or black people, or the hispanics crossing the border.

by Anonymousreply 22June 10, 2019 4:06 PM

This reminds me of the Right's burning hatred of soccer. As in...

It's a commie game meant to indoctrinate our exceptional American children in the ways of the lazy shithole countries where no one cares about productivity. Little white boys are coddled and intentionally turned gay by feminists trying to destroy our proud tradition of childhood football TBI.

And girls playing soccer? That depravity didn't exist until 1986 when Saul Alinsky got together with Hillary, Michele, and AOC in Havana and plotted to cut the white birth rate by turning our delicate girls into hulking thick-thighed lesbians who refuse to date me.

Soccer is a Trojan horse filled with Sharia law, siestas, and libtarded vegetables like arugula. Please, Mother Pence, save our children!

by Anonymousreply 23June 10, 2019 4:58 PM

[quote]Oddly enough, his Father ran of Voice of America for several years (and was president of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting).

Yet another example of conservatives who pulled up their bootstraps to get to where they are, eh, Tuck?

by Anonymousreply 24June 10, 2019 5:38 PM

[quote]Some of you aren’t very bright and easily fall into the trap of being outraged by mediocre trolling.

What R19 said. You really think the reaction we have is outrage? I rolled my eyes and wrote what I did @ R6. FOX is so tiresome in that they predictably just say dumb shit because it is dumb shit. Carlson isn't dumb, he's just a fucking asshole with not a single shred of decency because he knows he's doing this to play to an audience he no doubt has zero respect for - like Trump.

by Anonymousreply 25June 10, 2019 5:42 PM

Fucker Carlson just so perfectly encapsulates the idiocy of white supremacy that sometimes it is hard to believe he's not performing a long con. Yes, the metric system is "made up" and clearly inferior to an imperial system that originated as a non-uniform system of measurement that depended entirely on location, time, sovereign, and product being measured. "I am king so the length of MY foot is now the new foot, even though it's longer that the last king's foot which used to be a foot!"

by Anonymousreply 26June 10, 2019 5:53 PM

I think a lot of what they're doing is trolling to fuel outrage on social media. However, that doesn't alter the fact that they are dangerously encouraging stupidity in their viewers.

by Anonymousreply 27June 10, 2019 7:34 PM

R23 could write for Fux News.

R19 has low to no ability to gauge tone and intent from the written word, and is probably a mouth breather.

by Anonymousreply 28June 10, 2019 8:45 PM

Fucker Carlson is as stupid as his viewers.

by Anonymousreply 29June 12, 2019 3:43 PM

I usually fast forward through these and the UFO segments.

by Anonymousreply 30June 12, 2019 4:14 PM

Lay it at the feet of Lachlan Murdoch. He owns Fox News, not his father

by Anonymousreply 31June 12, 2019 4:54 PM

I remember when there were interviews of gullible, usually older wing nuts who thought the Stephen Colbert on the "Colbert Report" was real and not a parody.

by Anonymousreply 32June 12, 2019 6:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!