Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Her Kitty, Kitty

Watch out! She’s armed with claws! Hard to believe declawing of cats was outlawed by New York, since many city cats are indoor pets anyway. Is it really inhumane?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 6, 2019 11:27 PM

Oh, that was supposed to be Here Kitty, Kitty. I’d delete and correct if I could.

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2019 10:36 AM

I declawed my roommates cat after that fucker kept coming into my bed and scratching me at night. She was also scratching my brand new leather couch. She became the perfect pet after the procedure. No more issues, no regrets.

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2019 10:38 AM

You can't help it if you were born a stupid dickhead, OP, which you clearly are from your posts. That goes for R2 as well.

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2019 10:39 AM

Forgot to add, my roommate approved the procedure and took her in for the operation, but I set the appointment. Gave him 3 options, replace my couch since it was being ruined daily, get rid of the cat or declaw.

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2019 10:40 AM

Of course it's cruel and inhumane. "De-clawing" doesn't just take the actual claw, the procedure involves amputating the equivalent of the top part of your finger, from the knuckle. It causes ongoing pain, making it difficult for the cat to walk, let alone climb, they can lose balance, and of course they're unable to defend themselves. It's a horrible procedure. Please check online and research the methods used, and what organisations like the ASPCA/RSPCA Cat Welfare Society say about it.

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2019 10:42 AM

I want to take OP and R2 R4 in for declawing. Guess what, cunts: you won't be losing just your nails.

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2019 11:14 AM

Yet I have known cats that were declawed as kittens and didn’t seem to suffer from it.

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2019 12:27 PM

Should something happen to the owner and the cat is taken to a shelter or worse abandoned. It really is the only defense for the cat. If a cat is now forced to live outside for any reason you've greatly disadvantaged it

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2019 12:38 PM

Good point R8. Claw removal is permanent.

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2019 1:59 PM

[quote]Claw removal is permanent.

So is sofa destruction.

Laser-declawed the bitch.

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2019 2:01 PM

R2: fuck you and your brand new leather couch.

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2019 2:03 PM

R11: Fuck you and your clawing cat.

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2019 2:05 PM

I'd like to "regret" r10.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2019 2:05 PM

Fistful of this for sofasucking bitch r12.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2019 2:07 PM

Some things you allow in the US are not allowed elsewhere, eg, docking of ears and tails on breeds like dobermans and boxers. As well as de-clawing..

by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2019 2:08 PM

Ooooh scary big kitties.

You are so wise and powerful r12 and r13.

by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2019 2:08 PM

It's a horrible thing to do to cats. I had my cat's claws capped the first time by the vet. I watched them do it and saw that I could just as easily do it myself. So from then on every 4 weeks I'd put new caps on them. End of the scratching problem.

by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2019 2:09 PM

I don't know why people who think it's okay to fuck with their cats' claws, either declawing or capping, don't get dogs instead.

by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2019 2:12 PM

Because some of us love cats too. I've had cats and dogs. Those who've never had cats just don't understand the joy of having a cat.

My cats were total indoor cats. All cats claw things. It's part of their nature. They do it as much to relax as they do to keep their claws sharp. Capping does not prevent them from clawing. It just prevents them from doing thousands of dollars of damage to your furniture and carpets. The caps also do not prevent them from extending or retracting their claws. Obviously caps are for indoor cats. Outdoor cats need to have their claws exposed for protection. I just wish people would stop letting their cats roam free. Indoor cats are just as happy, and live longer, than outdoor cats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2019 2:18 PM

I would never cap a cat's claws, r19. I had cats my entire childhood (indoor-outdoor), plus two in adulthood (indoor), and only one cat ever did any clawing of anything she wasn't supposed to, the sofa of a roommate after he moved in. I think he may have been mean to her when I wasn't around. I always had scratching posts for my indoor cats.

by Anonymousreply 20June 5, 2019 2:21 PM

Weird how people get attached to their cheap leather couches.

by Anonymousreply 21June 5, 2019 2:26 PM

OP, try having the first segments of your fingers removed, then check back in.

by Anonymousreply 22June 5, 2019 2:29 PM

A cat is better than a couch.

by Anonymousreply 23June 5, 2019 2:30 PM

I've had indoor cats my whole adult life and you really have to cat-proof your house. No carpets or furniture they can claw (loose covers on sofas), curtains you can raise up, eg, Austrian blinds, rooms with closing doors not open plan, no uncovered wooden or glass tables, and more. And absolutely no toxic houseplants.

by Anonymousreply 24June 5, 2019 2:30 PM

The reason your cats claw your shit, r19, is that they don't like you. And they shouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 25June 5, 2019 2:31 PM

We had our two cats declawed when they were older kittens. My vet told us that de-clawing saves more cats' lives than anything else. They recovered quite nicely, never any sign of pain or residual issues. You could rub the ends of their paws and no nerves affected. They were house-only cats, so it did not affect them. They died happy at 19 and 20 yrs old....

by Anonymousreply 26June 5, 2019 2:32 PM

There’s something seriously pathological about someone who cares about their leather couch over removing an animals digits. Get help.

by Anonymousreply 27June 5, 2019 2:35 PM

If you can't stand little scratches here and there and can't stand seeing your furniture getting scratched, just don't have cats. Just pet your own stinking flabby pussy, bitch. Female genital mutilation is unacceptable to you, but cat claws mutilation is okay, feckless SJWs???

And I say this as a person who hates cats.

by Anonymousreply 28June 5, 2019 2:36 PM

When my cat was a kitten, he had so much energy, he wanted to climb everything: the window screens, the shower curtain, etc. At two years old, he's now too lazy to climb, and he only sharpens his claws on his scratching post. I smile when I see those tiny little holes on the shower curtain. It was worth it.

by Anonymousreply 29June 5, 2019 2:42 PM

You cat people are a bit much, but this is Mr. Leather Couch. She has been fine and we got her the best treatment possible, via a laser. She stays indoors and isn't interested in running out of open doors. My roommate found her on the street in a rainstorm. We gave her a home but had her declawed, not a terrible trade off. They said that she will heal, and she appeared to bounce back within 2 days, we gave her medication for a week.

I'm sure many of the same people harping about the cats probably feed their felines meats and fish. Did you think about the feelings of those animals that went into that processed cat food or do we get to be selective about our morals?

by Anonymousreply 30June 5, 2019 2:54 PM

The "it saves lives" stuff is bs. Go to any shelter and there are plenty of declawed cats.

It is cruel, painful, can lead to behavioral problems and banned in many countries.

by Anonymousreply 31June 5, 2019 3:00 PM

[quote]same people harping about the cats probably feed their felines meats and fish. Did you think about the feelings of those animals...

Another stupid idiotic, analogy from a moron. How could you compare your own animal companions to wild or farm animals you never meet? You care for strangers' pussies getting mutilated in Africa, but not your own pussies in your house? Yes I know cat lovers can be so irrational and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 32June 5, 2019 3:01 PM

[quote]I'm s ure many of the same people harping about the cats probably feed their felines meats and fish. Did you think about the feelings of those animals that went into that processed cat food or do we get to be selective about our morals?

Cats are obligate carnivores. They require an amino acid called Taurine, which must come from animal flesh (fish, poultry or meat).

by Anonymousreply 33June 5, 2019 3:06 PM

r32 I don't place animals on the same level as people. To me, a cat is a cat, not a member of my family, just a cat. I can love her, want the best for her, and take care of her, but she's still a cat. In the end, the cat feels the same way, which is why cat owners die in their homes and aren't found after a while, their cat (or dog) starts eating them.

I understand that I am the asshole of this thread, and I respect the fact that some of you use cats to complete your family circle, but it's not how I operate.

by Anonymousreply 34June 5, 2019 3:07 PM

r33 I get that and follow those nutritional standards for my (roommate's) cat, but that still caused harm to the fish. My cat is still alive and well after the procedure, that hypothetical fish is dead, dead dead.

by Anonymousreply 35June 5, 2019 3:08 PM

R2 I love it. My kind of people. I was in a similar situation. My roommate had a cat. The cat would attack me while I was sleeping. If I shut the bedroom door, the cat would pound on the door and slam against it trying to break in. This cat thought she was a bobcat or some shit. She would run through the apt like a crazy monster at times. I kept telling my roommate. She wouldn't believe me. Then the cat started attacking her. I suggested declaw. She couldn't do it (inhumane) but finally agreed to get rid of the cat. She asked me to take it to whatever that place is for animals because she couldn't bare giving it away. Cool. However, the day came to take the cat away to the shelter. I had my boyfriend at the time handle putting the cat in the carrier because he offered and loved cats. That fucking cat clawed up both his forearms and hands getting her into the carrier. He was dripping with blood. He was in shock. Said he never encountered a cat like that before. Change of plans after that. It was winter in NYC. You wanna be a bad bitch? I took that cat and dropped it in the middle of central park in the snow. lmao. I still get joy from thinking about it.

by Anonymousreply 36June 5, 2019 3:17 PM

[quote]I took that cat and dropped it in the middle of central park in the snow. lmao. I still get joy from thinking about it.

The cat was right about you.

by Anonymousreply 37June 5, 2019 3:21 PM

r36...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 5, 2019 3:25 PM

There’s an animal in this scenario, but it’s not the cat.

No doubt that animal died of exposure.

You’re a bastard.

by Anonymousreply 39June 5, 2019 3:26 PM

Double sided tape on areas they claw works wonders.

by Anonymousreply 40June 5, 2019 3:30 PM

R39 Bitch didn't know how to act inside a comfy wall street apt. You wanna act wild? Out into the wild you go kitty kat.

by Anonymousreply 41June 5, 2019 3:41 PM

When did DL attract so many sociopaths with poor grammar and writing skills? Millennials with a millennial education?

by Anonymousreply 42June 5, 2019 3:43 PM

R36 is a sadistic piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 43June 6, 2019 12:42 AM

Cats have a lot of energy. Sometimes it comes out in bursts. If you don't play with your cat, it will have "pent-up" energy which might erupt in the form of negative behavior. If you have an indoor cat, then you need to play with it regularly. Swing around a fishing pole toy for it to chase. When the cat goes berserk (usually after using the litter box), chase it around playfully.

by Anonymousreply 44June 6, 2019 12:46 AM

Make sure you have a variety of scratching toys and place them around the house. Rub a little catnip into them. The cat will prefer them to the furniture.

by Anonymousreply 45June 6, 2019 2:47 AM

I haven't seen a declawed cat since the 70s. Is it really done that often anyway?

by Anonymousreply 46June 6, 2019 2:51 PM

A lot of vets now will not declaw cats and some refuse to dock tails and rats on dogs.

by Anonymousreply 47June 6, 2019 2:55 PM

One sliver of sanity in the murk of madness. Good news OP!

by Anonymousreply 48June 6, 2019 3:00 PM

Declawing destroys the nerve endings of many cats and can be traumatic making them refuse to go in their litter box because covering their mess with their declawed paws is not natural to them. Just know even in kill shelters declawed cats who won't go in litter boxes still get killed (like sick or feral cats) because at some point they are deemed unadoptable. My friend insists on adopting declawed cats. But when they wont go in the litter box she has to return them. Sometimes they refuse to go in the litter box years after the declawing. My sistet bought two Havanas and had them declawed as kittens. Several years later they refused to go in the litter box and she put them down because she felt they knew better and didnt want her home ruined. This is a known and common condition in declawed cats. It is both physical and mental. I'm glad many of you have not had troubles, but like I said, thus is a known side effect. Unfortunately, people like my sister who dont want their stuff scratched and declaws their cats are the first to put them down when it causes them to start going all over the house. Cats go outside the box to tell you there is something wrong, like they have diarrhea and are sick. But there is nothing that can be done when they are trying to tell you that the declaring mutilated them.

by Anonymousreply 49June 6, 2019 3:18 PM

I hope everyone who declaws their cat has each and everyone their fingernails and toenails pulled out !!!!! Then burn in a fiery lake of molten lava while Lucifer himself stabs them in the asshole with a pitch fork made of thousands of sharp fish hooks !!!

by Anonymousreply 50June 6, 2019 3:25 PM

What r50 said. Those people deserve whatever they get, and I hope they get it.

by Anonymousreply 51June 6, 2019 3:28 PM

DeClaude Pussy sounds suspiciously like a French composer.

by Anonymousreply 52June 6, 2019 3:32 PM

get a grip cat weirdos

by Anonymousreply 53June 6, 2019 9:45 PM

Learn English R53. Ignorant buffoon.

by Anonymousreply 54June 6, 2019 10:40 PM

R26 You sound like a caring, decent person but it's important to understand that veterinary medicine, like just about everything else, evolves and what was once acceptable is now understood as inappropriate. I've been a cat and dog owner for 53 years and so much has changed over time concerning pet care that it's sometimes difficult to keep up on everything. Garlic, onions, chocolate, and grapes have now been shown to be dangerous to dogs. High end pet food brands brands of the 80s (Eukanuba and Science Diet) are now considered crap. Putting the cat out before bed is now known to be a potential death sentence. Giving bowls of milk to Fluffy has proved to cause severe gastric upset. Rolled up newspapers as a disciplinary tool is considered counterproductive today. Keeping pets unspayed is now strongly frowned upon while in the 70s many thought it cruel to neuter (especially males). The list goes on and on.

I'm currently waiting for society to become enlightened regarding the general practice and overuse of crate training. I know dog owners who keep their dogs in crates all day while at work, let them out at 7 at night, then stick them back in the crate at 11pm for bed. Sorry, but 20 hours in a small cage is cruel. I suspect we will eventually become enlightened and severely restrict the over reliance of crating. Maybe the dogs would be happier with someone who has more time for them. Same for cat owners who would maim or destroy their cat over a cheap, replaceable couch. Maybe a goldfish is a better pet match for that type?

by Anonymousreply 55June 6, 2019 11:04 PM

Indeed, r54. What is a "grip cat"?

by Anonymousreply 56June 6, 2019 11:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!