Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nancy Wilson of Heart

I truly believe she is one of the most underrated guitarists of the 20th century—amazing technical skill. Few people (let alone women) play like that. It seems like Ann got more attention in that band for musical chops because of her singing, but I always have felt Nancy was sort of the unsung hero between the two of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 11, 2020 6:44 PM

Are they still not talking to each other???

by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2019 1:03 AM

R1 they are back talking to each other again!

by Anonymousreply 2June 4, 2019 1:17 AM

Ann was lesboing around Seattle with her hairdresser Tracy Pucci for years. Then she married the reanimated corpse of Johnny Cash and moved to Clearwater FL where the Scientologists are. She also got clean and sober and I think she had another weight loss surgery. I met them both at a record signing once. Nancy was personable, friendly, and kind. Ann was cold, moody, and wouldn't look at or speak to anyone. But damn can she fucking sing. I don't know enough about guitar playing to gauge Nancy's talent, so I can't comment on that.

by Anonymousreply 3May 11, 2020 7:22 AM

I had a chance to see heart as I was being brought to a concert "for my birthday" but had to see Lynyrd Skynyrd instead.

by Anonymousreply 4May 11, 2020 7:56 AM

Love them! And Nancy is a very good guitarist!

by Anonymousreply 5May 11, 2020 8:04 AM

R3 That doesn't surprise me. Ann can certainly come across as a cunt. I think her sourness is largely because she's lived her life as the fat, homelier older sister to Nancy, who was always thin and considered more conventionally attractive. The truth is that they both brought indisputable talent to their band—Nancy is a phenomenal guitarist, and Ann is a phenomenal vocalist.

by Anonymousreply 6May 11, 2020 8:05 AM

I wouldn't say Nancy was better looking. She always kind of looked like a grungy hippie to me. But she was certainly skinny and probably didn't have to struggle with her weight the way Anne did.

by Anonymousreply 7May 11, 2020 9:00 AM

What? Seemed more like Nancy got the attention because she was skinny & Ann was overweight most of the time. Ann was the lead singer, yet the cameras were always on Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 8May 11, 2020 9:08 AM

Nancy did get a lot of attention. But then, there are s lot of great female rock singers, and not a lot of great female hard rock guitarists. Like no other famous ones.

by Anonymousreply 9May 11, 2020 9:29 AM

R9 yes, Nancy is an exceptional guitarist. One of the best. I do think she was prettier than Ann too, even when Ann didn't have the extra weight. Now that I'm looking at photos of them, it's dawning on me how different they look. I would never guess they were related without prior knowledge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 11, 2020 10:52 AM

They look very similar, facially, to me. Ann has wider cheek bones and her face is more heart-shaped, no pun intended. Nancy's face is more straight up and down, on the sides of her face. The mouths are almost exactly the same.

by Anonymousreply 11May 11, 2020 6:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!