Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Marlon Wayans wishes Happy Pride to his lesbian daughter

[quote] marlonwayans Happy pride 🌈 to my pride and joy. I wouldn’t change one effing thing about you. Love you to the moon around the sun through the galaxies and back again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69June 11, 2019 4:46 PM

and also swipe! he likes to show his body even if in a comical way. He's hot and young looking into his 40s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 3, 2019 7:21 PM

He has an Asianx daughter?

by Anonymousreply 2June 3, 2019 7:23 PM

Not a fan but this was legit brave of him. Hate to bring up race, but the black community is still pretty far behind as far as gay acceptance goes. There are even some comments below saying they're going to unfollow him for this.

by Anonymousreply 3June 3, 2019 7:40 PM

Him and brother used to make fun of gays in a homophobic manner for a long time - then he found out that one of his brothers was gay and had AIDS. And now his daughter is gay/lesbian. All of a sudden it isn't so funny any more. When it hits home...…..

by Anonymousreply 4June 3, 2019 7:47 PM

She definitely has an Asian mom

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 3, 2019 7:48 PM

R1 He looks like a gay blade showing off his body. Probably on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 6June 3, 2019 7:51 PM

The Anti-Kevin Hart.

by Anonymousreply 7June 3, 2019 8:37 PM

Marlon is great on social media. He treats his fans with lots of respect and gratitude.

This just makes my respect for him go even higher.

And, yes, it was brave. He's getting a lot of heat.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2019 5:00 AM

Her face looks very male-ish.

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2019 5:48 AM

I loved when he made fun of Delta Goodrem's dancing.

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2019 7:03 AM

Bump, because shame on this fucking site that there aren't more replies. I'm sure if he were embarrassed by her being a lesbian, there'd be way more responses. Why must DL be so fucking predictable in its "assholery" when it comes to you know...?

by Anonymousreply 11June 8, 2019 5:49 AM

True, r11. There was another thread about Marlon being hot and, well, it didn't get much traction.

It's a shame. I really like Marlon. He's a good actor, he's very handsome and he's great on social media.

by Anonymousreply 12June 8, 2019 5:53 AM

You know what they say about girls with big feet.

by Anonymousreply 13June 8, 2019 5:53 AM

I'm glad he said what he said. That was very nice of him as a father. And by the way. Yes the Black community if homophobic just like every other community. No more no less.

by Anonymousreply 14June 8, 2019 5:53 AM

[quote]Hate to bring up race, but the black community is still pretty far behind as far as gay acceptance goes.

Yes, because the black community is busy arranging "straight pride parades" and trying to legislate your rights away, and appointing anti-gay judges to the bench. Yep, that ole black community... so freaking anti-gay.

by Anonymousreply 15June 8, 2019 5:58 AM

[quote]. I'm sure if he were embarrassed by her being a lesbian, there'd be way more responses

Negative news always provoke more interaction than positive ones. This is a universal phenomenom.

by Anonymousreply 16June 8, 2019 5:59 AM

For the first few hundred years of black American's existence, church was the only place they could legally be gathered outside of laboring. They're a bit churchy still and that includes the requisite homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 17June 8, 2019 6:00 AM

R15, that's what's so funny about people who keep mentioning the black community's homophobia. They conveniently forget that the states that are dominated by white Republicans is where most of the homophobic legislation is constantly pushed. CONSTANTLY. Are those white Republicans doing it to get black votes?

[quote]Negative news always provoke more interaction than positive ones. This is a universal phenomenom[sic]

Except that having been on DL for a very, very long time, when that "negativity" or say, crime is committed by a non-white person, the thread immediately becomes like a dinner bell for people looking to attack that group that isn't white.

by Anonymousreply 18June 8, 2019 6:03 AM

[quote] Not a fan but this was legit brave of him. Hate to bring up race, but the black community is still pretty far behind as far as gay acceptance goes. There are even some comments below saying they're going to unfollow him for this.

Wow look at all of those anti gay predominantly black states, where all of that anti gay legislation is being pushed.

[quote] Him and brother used to make fun of gays in a homophobic manner for a long time

He and his siblings made fun of everything and everyone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 8, 2019 6:22 AM

r18 cut the shit.

Don't pretend that the highly homophobic AA church culture doesn't exist.

That doesn't negate your post, but you know what the other poster meant.

by Anonymousreply 20June 8, 2019 6:29 AM

I quite enjoyed the gay characters on their TV show, In Living Color.. Yes, if you are homophobic, you would view these characters much differently than I did, more so in 'see they're all like that'. But, in my gay world, there were SOME gay men just like their over the top, exaggerated stereotypes of what being gay meant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 8, 2019 6:30 AM

r12 he's a Lesser Wayans, talent wise.

by Anonymousreply 22June 8, 2019 6:33 AM

[quote] [R18] cut the shit. Don't pretend that the highly homophobic AA church culture doesn't exist. That doesn't negate your post, but you know what the other poster meant.

You're pretending that the Republican Party doesn't exist. Most black Christians are Democrats and their votes are invaluable. They majority of Whites, Christian and otherwise, continue to cast their votes for the historically anti gay Republican agenda.

by Anonymousreply 23June 8, 2019 6:42 AM

[quote]They're a bit churchy still and that includes the requisite homophobia.

White Catholics, Jesus Freak Christians and Mormons would like the AA "church going" community to hold their beer.

by Anonymousreply 24June 8, 2019 6:45 AM

Hey r23 Don't worry about r20 He is who he is. Just another racist ignoring the majority white anti-gay all around him in order to focus on Blacks as the problem. All those bros in middle America beating gay kids up and just as homophobic as the as any other group but at least in the Black community the anti gay people have a live and let live quality.

Hey r20 guess which state was the first to pass marriage rights in the United States to same-sex couples by popular vote? Kentucky? Nope. Arkansas? Nope. Montana? Mississippi? Alabama? Nope, nope, nope. It was Maryland. A state with the 6th highest Black population in the US

See that map there? That green area is where most of the Black folks live. Baltimore County, Ann Arundel county, Prince Georges County, Howard County plus Baltimore City Those green area are also the places that voted FOR equal marriage rights for gays. The red areas voted against it. Those are the majority White areas by the way. I always said the story of Maryland and marriage equality was criminally under reported by the mainstream media.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 8, 2019 12:38 PM

Does he eat her cunt?

by Anonymousreply 26June 8, 2019 12:44 PM

That is very sweet. As someone who misses her dad, I love it.

by Anonymousreply 27June 8, 2019 12:46 PM

R26 seriously? F&F

by Anonymousreply 28June 8, 2019 1:09 PM

He is very cute, the cutest of those brothers, and I want her rainbow-soled sneakers.

by Anonymousreply 29June 8, 2019 1:41 PM

You can crunch numbers and throw up data all you want, but if you actually had any in-depth interaction with actual black people in the real world, the whole "behind in gay acceptance" thing would eventually become apparent.

And ffs, all I said was that within the black community, homophobia was a problem. I never said or even implied that the black community WAS the problem when it came to the issue of homophobia.

From the mouth of Don Lemon, an actual gay black man:

[quote]I think there is a segment of the black community—a big segment of the black community—that is homophobic, and it has a lot to do with religion. The church has been the backbone for so long through slavery and all of those things. You had to pray your way out of slavery. People think you can pray your way out of issues or problems, and some believe being gay is one of them. In black culture, and similar in Latino and other minority cultures, it's the worst thing you can do as a man. In both cultures, you have to be a man and they equate being gay with not being a man.

Are you going to argue against what he said, too?

by Anonymousreply 30June 8, 2019 1:43 PM

Homophobia is not a problem in the black community if you're looking for equal rights, or equal protection under the law. The problem is, the gay community wants acceptance, instead of equality. People do not need to accept you; they need to vote for your equality. Never understood why such a simple nuance keeps being misunderstood.

by Anonymousreply 31June 8, 2019 2:19 PM

I never said there wasn't a homophobia problem in the black community. What I get tired of is the way some of you characterize homophobia in the black community. I am black and I know black homophobes and I have cut them out of my life. But what I do know is that their homophobia is mostly religion based (and I strongly believe that many of the problems in the black community can be traced to religion). But what I also know is that they vote for Democrats in every election. And while they may throw out the occasional f-bomb and make silly grade school jokes about being gay and equate it to being nasty and bunch of other nonsense, they aren't directly sending money to anti-gay groups, they aren't organizing anti-gay marches, and again, they are not voting for candidates who want to take away our rights.

However, I've been here a long time and I've read the threads about your republican voting friends relatives and how you have to go home and break bread with them over the holidays. And in real life, I've listened to many people twist themselves into pretzels to try and defend their Trump voting relatives and friends.

I'm not defending or excusing or ignoring black homophobia, because all homophobia is wrong. But at the same time, I know that black people aren't legislating, organizing, and administering and interpreting the law against me.

by Anonymousreply 32June 8, 2019 3:00 PM

[quote]Wow look at all of those anti gay predominantly black states, where all of that anti gay legislation is being pushed.

You don't think the southern states (AL, MS, GA, et. al.) are both predominantly black and anti-gay?

by Anonymousreply 33June 8, 2019 3:09 PM

R33, the reason Roy Moore isn't currently in the senate going off about "sodomites" is because black women came out and countered the white vote. If your attitude about them meant anything, he'd be in the senate right now.

by Anonymousreply 34June 8, 2019 4:08 PM

All this politics dreck,. so annoying, politics isn't the big problem, the hatred of gays is a much bigger problem, primitive people hate gays, many uneducated people hate gays, politics isn't a big problem, and non-religious people hate gays much more than religious, see how proletarian assholes react to gays, pahh, lots of people hate gays, most don't care about politics nor about religion.

by Anonymousreply 35June 8, 2019 4:21 PM

R33, you don't seem to know what the word "predominantly" means. Those states are, at most, 33% black. Which makes them predominantly white.

by Anonymousreply 36June 8, 2019 4:41 PM

R36, you did a survey? And just curious as to why you target black churches as if white churches in those same states love you. The point is that most of the reason there even IS anti-gay legislation is because of WHITE people. It doesn't matter how much of a hard-on you have to hate black people. I don't doubt you're one of those people who gets more angry over someone like Kevin Hart making JOKES than a Donald Trump who would become anti-gay in heartbeat if meant more money in his pocket.

You magnify black homophobia and give white people more of a pass. Whether you like it or not, it will always be the white people in this country who put up the obstacles to gay rights. Deflecting won't change that fact.

by Anonymousreply 37June 8, 2019 4:50 PM

Sorry, that was meant for R33

by Anonymousreply 38June 8, 2019 4:51 PM

And R32 regarding religion

by Anonymousreply 39June 8, 2019 4:52 PM

r36 I didn't make up "predominantly black" -- I was referring to R19's statement. Of course there ARE no "predominantly black" states (unless you count DC.)

by Anonymousreply 40June 8, 2019 5:41 PM

r32 I'm the guy who posted at r25 and I have to disagree that the problem is religion. I'm, Black, I'm gay and I'm also religious. Hell yeah there is plenty of homophobia in the Church but guess what. You have just as many non-believers who are anti-gay. Why you ask? Because people are assholes that's why. That's one thing you learn in "religion" is that people are basically pretty bad and we have to work at it in order to do or be good. Our default is to be craven, xenophobic, greedy and yes homophobic. My co-worker is an atheist and he's about as anti-gay as it gets.

Look at eastern Europe especially Russia. Russia is one of the least religious countries on the planet and there is an amazing about of homophobia over there. One of the things that Putin did in order to maintain his popularity if become more openly homophobic. This is mother Russia and we don't have those weak sissy boy homosexuals over here. That's is western decadence. Oh and r30 just to let you know Don Lemon doesn't speak for all Black people and neither do I. Don Lemon is stating his believe based on either nothing or purely anecdotal evidence.

by Anonymousreply 41June 8, 2019 7:20 PM

I've always thought him and his ALL brothers were super gay. Not only in behavior, but all their movies are FILLED with cocks(same with the Apatow/Seth Rogen crew).

by Anonymousreply 42June 8, 2019 7:24 PM

On Nicolle Wallace's MSNBC show "Deadline Whitehouse" yesterday they were talking about the outreach and work Mayor Pete was doing to up his support from black folks (his numbers with black voters are terrible, as I'm sure you all know). The Root editor Jason Johnson (himself a black man) actually brought up how many in the black community won't support him because he is a "gay, married man." But the DL "cover your eyes" brigade will insist you ignore this, and listen to THEM, the WOKE!

Now OBVIOUSLY homophobia exists in EVERY community, and where it is more concentrated is virtually always explained by RELIGION and not COLOR. Still, in their ever-lasting attempt to "stay woke," the DL's resident trolls will keep insisting that only white people are racist. When will they stop?

by Anonymousreply 43June 8, 2019 8:18 PM

I think the point is, and we've seen it over and over again, some of you like to focus on black homophobia. No one says it doesn't exist or it isn't a problem. But some of you want to play this whole "see I told you so" thing with black people to justify your own personal bullshit about black people.

And R41, I hope you're religion brings you peace and comfort. But I will go to the grave believing that religion is the most destructive force in the black community. It keeps us backwards, stupid, and afraid. The Jesus you love was introduced to us, to control us. And it's still working.

by Anonymousreply 44June 8, 2019 8:33 PM

[quote]The Root editor Jason Johnson (himself a black man) actually brought up how many in the black community won't support him because he is a "gay, married man." But the DL "cover your eyes" brigade will insist you ignore this, and listen to THEM, the WOKE!

You forget that people can use google and actually see the clip for themselves right?

You left out:

1. The whole point was discussing his appearance on a black tv series and why he's suddenly doing it.

2. The Root guy also brought up that he has this problem in the white religious community as well but that wasn't the subject. They were talking about black people.

3. Another commentator also once again brought them back to his policies not being necessarily appealing to people of color which Jason agreed with is a problem.

4. They were specifically focusing on South Carolina.

5. He pointed out that black millennials don't have this problem and he needs to reach out to them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 8, 2019 10:49 PM

r31 I get what you're saying, but no. I know the difference and that's not the issue here. If an AME pastor wants to get up on Sunday and tell his congregation that a) there is an invisible sky fairy, and b) He doesn't like gays, that's his right.

When that pastor then proceeds to say, from that same pulpit, that the devil is amongst us & needs to be destroyed-with gay marriage as the example, then no. The secular political interference is where I draw the line.

I don't give a rat's ass on an individual level who does/does not accept me as gay. All I ask is I'm treated with the same level of basic professionalism and respect as anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 46June 9, 2019 12:00 AM

Your doing what the other guy is doing then r44 Your just doing it to people who believe. Yes religious people have done terrible things and can be very anti gay but Pol Pot, Mao and Stalin were all atheists and they killed close to 100 million people combined. You don't need religious in order to have bad things happen in the world. Martin Luther King, Bayard Rustin, and Coretta Scott King were all pro gay religious leaders and all of them were Christians.

The reason people believe the Bible is so anti gay is because of bigoted biased interpretations throughout the centuries. Homosexuality as we know it today isn't even a concept in the Bible.

Today some of the most progressive and influential pro gay voices are Christians like the Rev. William Barber and Jim Wallis. The President who made marriage equality legal Barack Obama is a Christian. You don't solve bigotry by getting rid of religion you solve religion by getting rid of bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 47June 9, 2019 12:47 AM

R47. You can't solve alleged bigotry by trying to force people to change their religious beliefs. It is a bullshit thinking. Not a lot of black people like barber or Wallis especially the conservative blacks. some people are just not gonna accept gay people. It is that simple. I have never heard of MLK been progay. I guess you never read the bible because it seems like you are assuming a lot and your opinion contains misinformation s.

by Anonymousreply 48June 9, 2019 1:17 AM

r42 Agree

by Anonymousreply 49June 9, 2019 1:24 AM

R47 - Really, you do that again?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 9, 2019 1:53 AM

omg you guys how did this become a race debate? This was supposed to be a positive thread about a male celeb embracing his lesbian daughter. Not sure why the whole "well black people are homophobic" narrative started up. You cannot generalize a group of people. There plenty of homophobes of every background and plenty of lgbt allies of every background.

by Anonymousreply 51June 9, 2019 2:32 AM

R51, I appreciated your post OP but history should tell you that anytime you post about anything involving black people on this website this will happen. It's sad, but true.

by Anonymousreply 52June 9, 2019 2:50 AM

R52 yes sadly you are right but that won't deter me. Datalounge is not supposed to be white only

by Anonymousreply 53June 9, 2019 3:04 AM

I lovd OP

by Anonymousreply 54June 9, 2019 3:09 AM

[Quote] I've always thought him and his ALL brothers were super gay. Not only in behavior, but all their movies are FILLED with cocks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 9, 2019 5:14 AM

[quote]She definitely has an Asian mom

Nope. Her mother is black.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 9, 2019 5:52 AM

She has big feet. We all know what THAT means.

by Anonymousreply 57June 9, 2019 5:57 AM

You can't say she has big feet, when her foot is in front of the camera. Having anything in front of a camera like that makes everything look bigger.

by Anonymousreply 58June 9, 2019 6:02 AM

Does this shirt make me look gay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 9, 2019 10:12 AM

[quote] Having anything in front of a camera like that makes everything look bigger.

Tell me about it.

by Anonymousreply 60June 9, 2019 3:22 PM

Are you really going to argue that Stalin, Pol Pot and and Mao didn't commit atrocities because that wack job Richard Dawkins Wrote an article. I don't even think I mentioned Hitler but Hitler certainly wasn't a Christian. None of the people I mentioned believed in a personal God and were quite hostile to religion and they committed mass genocide. Those are facts. They are not in dispute by anyone being serious. It doesn't matter if they did the things they did in the name of atheism or not. The point it they were atheists that did those things.

by Anonymousreply 61June 9, 2019 10:47 PM

Was it here that I saw Dwayne Wade gave a pride shout out to his gay son? DLers are so quick to scream about how homophobic Black people are but pay no attention when we show support.

by Anonymousreply 62June 9, 2019 10:57 PM

R61 - And you're a fucking liar. Isn't that a sin?

Do I have to give you quotes from Mein Kampf that there can be no dispute Hitler was a devout Catholic/Christian? Fuck, even the belt buckles of the Nazi soldiers were inscribed with 'Gutt min uns'

Stalin was raised very religious in the Greek Orthodox Church. He was named after St.Joseph and was raised to become a priest. His father was a priest and young Joseph spend five years in a Greek Orthodox seminary.

Aside from your ignorance, or believing the lies of your 'bible study', the other reality is that no one has committed atrocities in the name of atheism, unlike doing so in the name of religion. Gawd, you religious fanatics are such idiots.

by Anonymousreply 63June 9, 2019 11:01 PM

"Hate to bring up race, but the black community is still pretty far behind as far as gay acceptance goes."

ONLY 7% DIFFERENCE

This 2017 poll shows only a 7% difference between whites and blacks regarding homosexuality. For me, it's white politicians who are actively working to turn back our rights. These are the people using their power to our detriment. But here on Datalounge, we get worked up about black people. Watch any thread about blatantly hateful anti-gay things being done or said by a white person, and it gets little traction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 9, 2019 11:12 PM

SEE THE DIFFERENCE

Consider this thread: Alabama Mayor Calls Gays To Be Killed

Hardly any traction. Put a black face in a thread, especially some dumb rapper, and the replies pour in -- it's like red meat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65June 9, 2019 11:18 PM

I would be so puzzled if I had kids that looked nothing like me, so many black males have no issues 'breeding themselves out'...but the first to talk about race, etc. Very puzzling.

by Anonymousreply 66June 9, 2019 11:21 PM

Good grief some of you people are morons. Anyone, I love any public person showing love to their gay kid. We-AMERICANS- need more of that.

by Anonymousreply 67June 11, 2019 4:24 AM

[quote]Do I have to give you quotes from Mein Kampf that there can be no dispute Hitler was a devout Catholic/Christian? Fuck, even the belt buckles of the Nazi soldiers were inscribed with 'Gutt min uns'

I don't want to get into this debate, but do you believe Trump is a devout Christian just because he pretends he is? I'm not a Hitler expert and maybe he was, but religion can easily be used as a tool too.

by Anonymousreply 68June 11, 2019 4:40 AM

[quote]Stalin was raised very religious in the Greek Orthodox Church. He was named after St.Joseph and was raised to become a priest. His father was a priest and young Joseph spend five years in a Greek Orthodox seminary.

Why on earth would Stalin have been Greek Orthodox? Perhaps he was of another Eastern Orthodox faith (e.g. Russian or Georgian), but certainly not GREEK.

by Anonymousreply 69June 11, 2019 4:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!