Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chris Kattan claims Lorne Michaels pressured him to sleep with director, Amy Heckerling.

"Everybody want to sleep with the Mango."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 30, 2019 1:59 PM

I would think someone would have to be pressured into sleeping with Chris

by Anonymousreply 1May 29, 2019 6:32 AM

a woman? yeah right.

by Anonymousreply 2May 29, 2019 6:32 AM

Who the fuck would want to have sex with Chris Kattan? He's an extremely unattractive person.

by Anonymousreply 3May 29, 2019 6:32 AM

Someone please insert the Sure, Jan gif.

by Anonymousreply 4May 29, 2019 6:33 AM

thinking Chris Kattan needs a moment.

by Anonymousreply 5May 29, 2019 6:40 AM

"You want the Mango, no r4?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 29, 2019 6:40 AM

This is his Karine "Superhead" Steffans moment.

by Anonymousreply 7May 29, 2019 6:44 AM

Will Lorne refute the charges or step down? Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 8May 29, 2019 6:48 AM

He's not gay???

by Anonymousreply 9May 29, 2019 6:56 AM

I believe him. She liked to sleep around with comedians and even got pregnant by Harold Ramis while he was married.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 29, 2019 6:56 AM

#SheToo

by Anonymousreply 11May 29, 2019 7:10 AM

He’s a gremlin now, but he was moderately cute at the time the movie was made. I can see how that, combined with being funny, could be a turn on for a lot of woman. Jennifer Coolidge was a bit of a bombshell at the time. Didn’t someone A+ lister who hosted the show have a crush on him as well?

by Anonymousreply 12May 29, 2019 7:17 AM

[quote]In the end, Heckerling signed on as a producer on the movie, which is based on a recurring SNL sketch performed by Kattan and Will Ferrell. John Fortenberry ended up directing.

I think Heckerling almost got in trouble with the DGA for taking over and directing some scenes.

Fun fact: Heckerling was with Bronson Pinchot during Kattan's allegations and the making of this movie.

by Anonymousreply 13May 29, 2019 3:28 PM

Thanks for posting this, OP! I read this earlier this morning in the NY Post and was kind of shocked...

I guess women in positions of power in the entertainment industry can be just as bad.. :(

I like Heckerling’s films, but this behavior is shady as fuck and just wrong—no matter who does it.

I’m also super disappointed in Lorne Michaels basically telling Chris Kattan to prostitute himself for the sake of a movie project. I’ve heard that Lorne can be an obstinate asshole, but I like me to think he was better than *this*....

by Anonymousreply 14May 29, 2019 3:37 PM

Ooops! I meant to say, * I liked to think that Lorne Michaels was better than this...

by Anonymousreply 15May 29, 2019 3:39 PM

It literally happened “on the casting couch”!

From OP’s article:

“Kattan alleged that ultimately he and Heckerling had a consensual sexual encounter on the couch in her office.

“She thought it would be fun to have sex on Lorne’s desk,” he wrote. “Wow, what a great idea! Jesus Christ. I said a polite ‘F–k, no!’ to that, so we ended up going to her office and having sex on … yep, you guessed it, the ‘casting couch.’ ”

Kattan writes that he was attracted to Heckerling but at the same time “was very afraid of the power she and Lorne wielded over my career.”

“He decided not to tell anyone about the incident but wrote that it put a strain on his already fraying relationship with actress Jennifer Coolidge.”

by Anonymousreply 16May 29, 2019 3:41 PM

So Heckerling has a thing for gay men? Kattan, Pinchot...

by Anonymousreply 17May 29, 2019 4:28 PM

Night At The Roxbury looked like the biggest shitfest ever.

by Anonymousreply 18May 29, 2019 5:22 PM

I don't think he would take on a powerful man like Lorne Michaels if it wasn't true.

by Anonymousreply 19May 29, 2019 5:39 PM

He's on opioids.

by Anonymousreply 20May 29, 2019 5:42 PM

Lorne Michaels is a shit, remember he wouldn't speak out again Weinstein because he said "it's a New York thing".

by Anonymousreply 21May 29, 2019 5:44 PM

Power corrupts. Blaming all the Hollywood sexual coercion on toxic masculinity oversimplifies something far more complicated.

The thing I found most shocking was that, after the massive success of Clueless, she signed on to make an SNL movie of a shitty sketch as her big follow-up. I remember being surprised at the time that her named was even listed as a producer. Maybe she had a thing for him and that’s why she signed on.

I wonder if she got pushy with Paul Rudd. He has a similar look and starred in two of her films as a love interest.

Anyway, this is a bummer to hear. I had a lot of respect for her.

by Anonymousreply 22May 29, 2019 5:58 PM

Oh, Chris, honey...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 29, 2019 6:53 PM

I’m sure that was very traumatizing, considering that he’s a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 24May 29, 2019 6:56 PM

"Blaming all the Hollywood sexual coercion on toxic masculinity oversimplifies something far more complicated."

You think this actually happened? Bwa!!!

"I like Heckerling’s films, but this behavior is shady as fuck and just wrong—no matter who does it."

Funny how MRA types will automatically believe Kattan but call all the Weinstein victims liars and casting couch whores

by Anonymousreply 25May 29, 2019 7:18 PM

[quote]The thing I found most shocking was that, after the massive success of Clueless, she signed on to make an SNL movie of a shitty sketch as her big follow-up.

Amazingly, she still hasn't made an even halfway decent movie since Clueless, and next year, that film will be 25 years old. I guess she's someone who only had a couple of good movies in her.

by Anonymousreply 26May 29, 2019 7:38 PM

Why does everybody say he's gay?

by Anonymousreply 27May 29, 2019 8:24 PM

It's getting great reviews on Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 28May 29, 2019 8:32 PM

is he still on drugs?

by Anonymousreply 29May 29, 2019 8:33 PM

[quote] Power corrupts. Blaming all the Hollywood sexual coercion on toxic masculinity oversimplifies something far more complicated.

This. Too much of the me too rhetoric rests on sexist assumptions about women; by their very nature, they are sweet-natured, motherly, and peaceable. It's a fallacy that strips women of both agency and complexity.

Rose McGowan recalls young, male studio execs, a few years out of business school, telling her that they came to Hollywood to "bang actresses". Why should that be any different for female execs? If you're an unattractive, pudgy woman with business smarts, ambition, a big libido and no scruples, why [italic] wouldn't [/italic] you behave just like your male counterparts? Why [italic] not [/italic] follow them to Hollywood and use your power to bed the kind of hunks that wouldn't give you a sideways glance in school or college? For the record, I'm not saying Chris Kattan is a hunk!! But obviously he floated Heckerling's boat and she used her power to get sexual gratification.

by Anonymousreply 30May 29, 2019 9:04 PM

Heckerling's daughter, Mollie, has responded. Some highlights:

Kattan and Heckerling had a "consensual" relationship.

Heckerling ended her engagement with Bronson Pinchot to be with Kattan.

When Kattan told Lorne Michaels about his relationship with Heckerling, Michaels asked, "Why would you want to date her? She’s so old."

Michaels' statement resulted in Heckerling having an eating disorder.

Kattan cheated on Heckerling with his Roxbury co-star Elisa Donovan, who played Amber in Clueless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 29, 2019 9:24 PM

Kattan made the rounds.

by Anonymousreply 32May 29, 2019 9:43 PM

[quote]I would think someone would have to be pressured into sleeping with Chris

Well, the years he was on SNL appear to be slim pickins' when it comes to guys.

The only other choices during that period would have been Colin Quin, Chris Parnell, Jimmy Fallon, and Will Forte.

by Anonymousreply 33May 29, 2019 9:47 PM

Any guy in a bar is better looking than Chris. Why would any woman want to fuck him? He looks like a rat.

by Anonymousreply 34May 29, 2019 9:50 PM

Chris Kattan is 5’6”. He can’t be sporting a dick of any significant size.

by Anonymousreply 35May 29, 2019 9:55 PM

Something doesn't ring true about Heckerling's daughter's defence.

by Anonymousreply 36May 29, 2019 10:38 PM

There was also that whole weird thing with Gilbert Gottfried and Molly's nanny. Gilbert would come over and make holocaust jokes, even though the nanny's parents had been in concentration camps.

by Anonymousreply 37May 29, 2019 10:48 PM

Thanks, r30. You get it.

by Anonymousreply 38May 30, 2019 12:04 AM

Does she have dick pics? Does Lorne?

by Anonymousreply 39May 30, 2019 2:21 AM

Antonio Banderas was a funny bit.

by Anonymousreply 40May 30, 2019 1:17 PM

How do these directors survive on making a movie every 10 years?

by Anonymousreply 41May 30, 2019 1:18 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 30, 2019 1:19 PM

Bitch please.

by Anonymousreply 43May 30, 2019 1:32 PM

I'm wondering if Lorne and Chris are both gay. Their both miserable cunts.

by Anonymousreply 44May 30, 2019 1:33 PM

Bronson Pinchot isn’t gay?

by Anonymousreply 45May 30, 2019 1:42 PM

[QUOTE]Kattan and Heckerling had a "consensual" relationship.

Kattan already said that it was a "consensual" fuck in his memoir so I'm not exactly sure what Heckerling's daughter thinks she's refuting here.

by Anonymousreply 46May 30, 2019 1:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!