Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Margarita recipes

I bought one of those pre-mixed bottles. It's not good, even after adding Grand Marnier. Do you have a easy but good recipe? I don't want to squeeze a bunch of limes or use a blender or buy expensive tequila.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2019 2:14 AM

Hummm. . . . let me think--a decent margarita recipe that does not include fresh lime juice and uses shitty tequila. I'll get back to you on that one, OP. Meanwhile, maybe just go to a restaurant and order a margarita?

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2019 12:43 AM

I enjoy this from Tommy Bahama’s in Palm Dersert on Paseo. But they charge $18 which is outrageous. Only when someone else pays......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2019 1:16 AM

There is one mix that’s pretty good. Left O’Doul’s made with key lime juice. It doesn’t have that chemical taste some do.

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2019 3:28 AM

Sorry OP. You have to use fresh squeezed limes and preferably simple syrup (boiled sugar and water) and at least decent tequila if you want a good margarita. Mixes will never be as good.

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2019 3:40 AM

Try frozen lime concentrate with Cuervo Gold. You don’t sound picky, so skip the Cointreau. To be fancy you can wet the rim of the glass with lime juice and dust with kosher salt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2019 3:59 AM

[quote]I don't want to squeeze a bunch of limes or use a blender or buy expensive tequila.

Then you don't want a fucking margarita.

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2019 4:10 AM

Buy a cheap electric juicer for citrus. You need limes to make a maragarita too. Use meyer lemons.

There is no exact recipe because it depends on the bitterness-sweetness of the juice, and how much you need/like. For the sweetness, try making a simple syrup. You may like honey or agave for the sweetness.

SALT!

I loathe bottle and concentrated juices.

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2019 4:33 AM

First, you have to buy a citrus press. That makes squeezing all the citrus a lot easier.

Then you have to buy good quality ingredients.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2019 4:37 AM

You can get a small bottle of Cointreau for $23 and a small bottle of Patron for $25.

You won't (or shouldn't) drink it all in one night. Don't buy shitty booze. THAT is pissing away money.

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2019 4:39 AM

yeah....that...that small patron is like 1.5 shots.

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2019 5:08 AM

More like 13 shots but ya know...it is just easier to make up shit to got your narrative when you are a tightwad cheapskate.

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2019 5:13 AM

Use Rose's lime juice, you stupid gringo.

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2019 5:45 AM

Go to AA. Those people have a lot of great margarita recipes.

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2019 8:38 AM

R11 you're an asshole

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2019 2:00 PM

We use:

Sauza Silver Tequila, one Shot Triple Sec, any kind, 1/2 shot to a full shot Midori or any other Melon Liqueur, full shot Jose Cuervo LIGHT Margarita Mix (the kind that doesn't have the alcohol mixed in already, obviously) Salt Rim, if desired (beforehand, obviously), add ice and stir

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2019 5:52 PM

Do as R8 says and buy juicer from Amazon.

This recipe will get you a pitcher:

24 oz silver tequila 16 oz fresh lime juice (approx 1 lime per oz) 8 oz triple sec 4 oz Grand Marnier liquor

To serve, rim glass with a lime wedge, then dip in coarse sea salt. Throw the lime wedge in the glass. Add ice. Pour drink.

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2019 6:04 PM

OP--this Limeade one is pretty good. No bushels of limes to juice. Just a few lemons. Quick and easy with minimal clean up. You use the limeade can to measure out the other ingredients.

INGREDIENTS:

1 12 oz (375 ml) can frozen limeade concentrate

1 can tequila

1/2 can triple sec liqueur

1/2 can freshly squeezed lemon juice

Ice

Lime slices

Coarse salt

DIRECTIONS:

In a large pitcher add the limeade. Use the limeade can to measure out the tequila, triple sec and lemon juice and add to pitcher. Add ice. Use a lime slice to moisten the rims of your glasses and dip in salt. Add remaining lime slices to pitcher. Pour and enjoy!

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2019 6:15 PM

I think some people dip the rim of the glass in lime juice, tequila, or Cointreau to enable the salt to adhere.

I have also seen drinks with colored sugar rims at parties and it looks really festive.

Yeah, use the best quality ingredients. I’d rather have a smaller portion of something great than a big portion of something cheap and nasty.

by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2019 6:48 PM

Oh go take your AZT, R14.

by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2019 2:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!