Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

George VI of England was hot!

Why hasn't anyone ever mentioned how handsome Queen Elizabeth's father was?

Damn, he could get it - even today. Even more surprising is that he married a frump.

None of his children, grandchildren, or great-grandchildren are as good looking as he was.

Maybe there's hope for his great-great-grandkids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121May 13, 2019 7:46 AM

Elizabeth Bowes Lyon was definitely frumpy.

However, she got much cuter as she got older.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 11, 2019 5:57 PM

Like many men, he had a moment when he was cute, but for the most part, he was basic. Prince Phillip was attractive though.

by Anonymousreply 2May 11, 2019 5:59 PM

Wow. Pretty sexy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 11, 2019 6:00 PM

Handsome man. Prince Andrew and Prince Edward were both quite handsome when they were younger, kind of like AF models. Charles never had their good looks as a younger man.

by Anonymousreply 4May 11, 2019 6:03 PM

His dad was pretty sexy too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 11, 2019 6:03 PM

Yeah I was going to point out that VI really inherited V's looks.

by Anonymousreply 6May 11, 2019 6:06 PM

He was knock-kneed, stammered, had chronic stomach issues, smoked like a chimney and had an explosive temper. Also, according to Kitty Kelly at least, he had issues with getting or maintaining an erection. Quite the catch.

His little brother George, Duke of Kent, was the real looker in that family. Bisexual, too. Pity about the heroin addiction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 11, 2019 6:08 PM

R7 the new George is also gay

by Anonymousreply 8May 11, 2019 6:16 PM

Very Germanic looking, much like his relatives Nicholas the Tsar.

by Anonymousreply 9May 11, 2019 6:17 PM

Indeed, R9. Twinning!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 11, 2019 6:21 PM

(And yes, I know that is George V and not VI with Nicholas II of Russia)

by Anonymousreply 11May 11, 2019 6:22 PM

[quote] His little brother George, Duke of Kent, was the real looker in that family. Bisexual, too.

Is this the Duke of Kent on the far right??

If so, I was about to ask.... "who's the nellie on the right side of this photo?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 11, 2019 6:32 PM

George VI also looked good in profile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 11, 2019 6:32 PM

They look like an ad for Imperial Margarine!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 11, 2019 6:35 PM

Kitty Kelley wrote that George Vl suffered from such severe tinymeat (common with beauties, btw,) that the daughters were conceived by turkey baster.

by Anonymousreply 15May 11, 2019 7:03 PM

R12 It's Edward VIII who was King of the United Kingdom from 20 January 1936 until his abdication on 11 December the same year, after which he became the Duke of Windsor. He was the handsome one in the family.

When it became apparent he could not marry Mrs. Wallis Simpson, a divorced woman, and remain on the throne, Edward abdicated. He was succeeded by his younger brother, George VI.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 11, 2019 7:21 PM

Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon probably simply didn't photograph well as an adult (I haven't seen many photos of her as a young woman), but she and one of her sisters were very sought-after subjects for aristo photographers when they were children -- there are lots of pictures of her as a cute kid to be found on the web.

So I assume she was considered a looker in her day. And George (at the time merely the Duke of York) had to ask and beg her repeatedly before she agreed to marry him, IIR.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 11, 2019 7:23 PM

Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon was a pretty child.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 11, 2019 7:30 PM

I like these "transformation" videos/pics that are done of the royals.

Here's the Queen Mum...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 11, 2019 7:32 PM

Prince Charles...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 11, 2019 7:32 PM

Prince Andrew...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 11, 2019 7:33 PM

Princess Margaret...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 11, 2019 7:33 PM

George VI really was great looking. Cute as a boy too. His stammer wouldn’t have bothered me.

by Anonymousreply 23May 11, 2019 7:35 PM

The Queen Mum was also an attractive teenager.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 11, 2019 7:35 PM

"I don't know what you old queens are doing down there in the kitchen but this old queen up here would like a gin and tonic"!

by Anonymousreply 25May 11, 2019 7:40 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 11, 2019 7:44 PM

Only on DL is the British Royal Family a bastion of glamor and beauty.

by Anonymousreply 27May 11, 2019 7:46 PM

To be fair R27, George VI would be considered good looking, by ANY standards.

He was just a handsome guy.

I absolutely love this photo of QE2 staring at her father. I wonder what she's thinking?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 11, 2019 7:50 PM

^^^That's Princess Margaret and not Elizabeth II.

by Anonymousreply 29May 11, 2019 7:55 PM

Jared Harris was not good-looking enough to play the part in The Crown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 11, 2019 7:56 PM

R28, that looks like The Princess Margaret. Only she would have the gall to stare down a reigning monarch.

by Anonymousreply 31May 11, 2019 7:56 PM

The King-Emperor no less, R31!

by Anonymousreply 32May 11, 2019 7:57 PM

[quote] That's Princess Margaret and not Elizabeth II.

No wonder, R29 and R31.

No offense, but I thought that she was a little bit too pretty to be Elizabeth.

by Anonymousreply 33May 11, 2019 7:58 PM

It's a great photo, though, at R28.

The King seems to be taking it in stride. I wonder what transpired, to produce those two looks.

by Anonymousreply 34May 11, 2019 7:59 PM

He had a nice face, but he was the product of a long line of inbreeding with a severe stutter and other major health issues. EBL turned him down the first time he proposed. She looks frumpy by our current standards, but they actually made a handsome couple in their time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 11, 2019 8:06 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 11, 2019 8:13 PM

"She's fat, common and looks like a cook."

by Anonymousreply 37May 11, 2019 8:15 PM

George - or should I say Albert - had great bone structure and a very angular face, which made him photograph very well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 11, 2019 8:15 PM

Or he just photographed better than she did.

by Anonymousreply 39May 11, 2019 8:15 PM

The Queen Mum definitely looked better as an old lady.

Her round face made her look very sweet, although I hear that she wasn't all that nice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 11, 2019 8:19 PM

[quote] "She's fat, common and looks like a cook."—EBL's loving brother-in-law on 'The Crown'

Haha. And her real life family looked like a bunch of gangsters, ala the Corleone family.

The Queen Mother is the little girl on the right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 11, 2019 8:21 PM

"When you old queens are done fighting, This Old Queen would like a gin and tonic."

by Anonymousreply 42May 11, 2019 8:22 PM

I remember reading EBL actually wanted The PoW and not the stuttering Duke. Imagine her thinking she had the looks for the future king! I think the real reason she hated the Duke and Duchess of Windsor was because he rejected her and they both mocked her dumpy appearance. All that stuff about her anger about the job prematurely killing her husband was bullshit. She did become Queen Consort but that woman could hold a grudge.

The Queen Mum being attractive and wanted by all is revisionist history. R35 shows where poor Eugenie gets her lantern jaw. Such a heavy face for a reportedly sweet girl.

by Anonymousreply 43May 11, 2019 8:24 PM

Her styling in her 20s was not at all flattering. Try to imagine her with thinner eyebrows and a better haircut, one that pulled her hair away from her face. Her eyes were very pretty, but she didn't set them off well. I'm not saying she was a great beauty, but you have to look at her considering the standards of the time. Part of the reason she looked better with age was her hair and makeup were more flattering.

by Anonymousreply 44May 11, 2019 8:24 PM

The guy (brother?) standing second from the right in r41's picture looks drop-dead gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 45May 11, 2019 8:25 PM

The Queen Mum was prettier as a teen. Her short haircut during her engagement and marriage made her look frumpy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 11, 2019 8:29 PM

"I remember reading EBL actually wanted The PoW and not the stuttering Duke."

Talk about revisionist history. Eddie was notorious for fucking prostitutes and married women, and his father expected him to be a big fat failure in life. EBL was too savvy to be linked to that future mess.

by Anonymousreply 47May 11, 2019 8:30 PM

The bar is in hell.

by Anonymousreply 48May 11, 2019 8:38 PM

The Queen Mum was an attractive teen with long hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49May 11, 2019 8:45 PM

R47, big failure or not...he was going to be King. No amount of prostitutes or married mistresses denied the fact he was the world's most eligible bachelor and most aristocratic women eyed the title of Queen Consort if they were squeamish about the philandering.

by Anonymousreply 50May 11, 2019 8:47 PM

Edward VIII was only good-looking from certain angles. He was very short and puny and had underdeveloped testes due to a boyhood bout with mumps (his brother Bertie, the future George VI caught it too, which might have accounted for his own sexual problems). According to many contemporary accounts, he also had the mentality of a selfish, spoiled, stupid teenager his entire life.

If I were going to hump a Royal from that period, it would be Dickie Mountbatten. He always looked like a great lay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 11, 2019 8:52 PM

There's nothing about EBL that suggests she was ever willing to set herself up for a life of long time repeat humiliation from an idiot "pervert" husband, R50, even if he was in line to eventually be King. George V was only in his 50s and still mostly in good health when EBL married Bertie, so his death was expected to be a long ways away. She was a pretty sharp lady who was still turning down a chance at royal life at age 21 well after the PoW would have passed on her.

by Anonymousreply 52May 11, 2019 9:14 PM

Princess Margaret was very pretty until she converted and became a jewish manicurist.

by Anonymousreply 53May 11, 2019 9:20 PM

[quote] Princess Margaret was very pretty until she converted and became a jewish manicurist.

You try being in the shadow of Bittie the Bitch!

Dying was the easy part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 11, 2019 10:20 PM

The father King with the mustache looks exactly like James Middleton!

by Anonymousreply 55May 11, 2019 10:26 PM

R43 Considering what the POW ended up marrying, it is clear Elizabeth was too good looking for him. Even in her worst picture she looked a hundred times better than Wallis, who always looked like a non-passable Transexual who was ridden hard and put up wet.

by Anonymousreply 56May 11, 2019 10:28 PM

I don't find Edward VIII attractive at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 11, 2019 10:32 PM

You're right about Wallis' looks, R56.

He gave up the throne for HER??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 11, 2019 10:33 PM

She had bizazz!

by Anonymousreply 59May 11, 2019 10:35 PM

David was a horrible snob and those who knew him had very few good things to say about him. I guess the two of them were pretty wretched and Wallis was so sick of him she took to carrying on with gay men who at least didn't bore her.

by Anonymousreply 60May 11, 2019 10:39 PM

I see the wife finally managed to find some tweezers at some point.

Can you imagine the unshaved bush coupled with the fact that she barely bathed?

by Anonymousreply 61May 11, 2019 10:40 PM

What a charming family.

[quote] Edward VIII described disabled brother as an 'animal'

The future king said the royal family had 'silently prayed for' the death of his sibling John, who suffered from severe epilepsy and autism.

The Queen’s uncle wrote that his mentally disabled younger brother was like an “animal” whose death was a “great relief” to the royal family, it has emerged.

Edward VIII described how his sibling John, who was known as the Lost Prince because he was kept away from the public eye, had only been a “brother in flesh” and was “more of an animal”.

The letter, which is up for sale at auction for an estimated £20,000, was one of over 250 discovered by chance in an old trunk owned by a stamp collector who bought them in the 1950s without realising who they were by.

John, the youngest child to King George V and Queen Mary, suffered from severe epilepsy and autism and was sent to live in a house on the Sandringham estate.

Edward – who was then the Prince of Wales - said in his letter that the family only ever visited John “once or twice a year” and that his passing from a severe seizure in 1919 was the “greatest relief imaginable” to them.

The then Prince was in Germany visiting British troops at the time and appeared to try and use his brother's death as an excuse to return to England to visit his mistress, Freda Dudley Ward.

However, his father thwarted his plans by ordering him not to come back. As a result Edward did not attend his own brother's funeral and was not even sure what day it was on, his letter reveals.

John was diagnosed with epilepsy at the age of four and his condition worsened as he got older, although it was only revealed to the public after his death at the age of 13.

It has been said that the Royal family wanted to keep John's condition a secret as it could have shown the Royal blood was not as pure as was thought.

Edward, who later became King only to abdicate so he could marry American divorcee Wallis Simpson, wrote hundreds of love letter to his first mistress, Dudley Ward.

Over six pages, Edward wrote of how he desperately wanted to leave “filthy Rheinland and all these Huns” before learning of John's death on January 20, 1919.

He wrote: "I arrived yesterday to find a wire from HM (His Majesty) to say that my youngest brother had died. I wired back to say that I was returning to England at once for a few days which I thought was a good move.

"I had great and wonderful hopes of seeing toi tomorrow if the goddess of fortune had been kind to us. I'm so miserable darling as I've just got another wire from HM telling me not to return to England and just to carry on. Isn't it all too heartbreaking.

"Of course my little brother's death plunges me into mourning; don't think me very cold hearted sweethearted (sic) but I've told you all about that little brother darling and how he was an epileptic + might have gone West any day!!

"He's been practically shut up for the last two years anyhow no one has even seen him except the family and then only once or twice a year and his death is the greatest relief imaginable or what we've always silently prayed for.

"I was so, so happy last night at the thought of seeing toi tomorrow, just a teeny glimpse of toi.

"What does all the mourning in the world matter to toi et moi? I'm terribly sorry for my sister who was going to a lot of parties in Feb.

"Somehow I don't think this mourning will last very long as I think the funeral was today; it looks to me as if as little was being made of it all as possible.

"No one would be more cut up if any of other three brothers were to die than I should be, but this poor boy had become more of an animal than anything else and was only a brother in the flesh and nothing else."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62May 11, 2019 10:44 PM

Who are you talking about, R61?

by Anonymousreply 63May 11, 2019 10:44 PM

Elizabeth The Queen Mother had amazing teeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 11, 2019 10:53 PM

R63, Groucho Marx. Those eyebrows are thick, so I imagine she was hairy down there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 11, 2019 10:56 PM

Well they do have all those teeth the English.

by Anonymousreply 66May 11, 2019 10:57 PM

Edward VIII was a Nazi sympathizer. He and Wallis socialized with Hitler on a couple of occasions and she had at least one affair with a high ranking Nazi functionary. He abdicated, not in order "to marry of woman he loved"--both of them were quite happy with their relationship as it was--but because he did not want the responsibilities and burdens of the monarchy, and because his politics were unacceptable once Hitler began his conquest of Europe. Churchill and others wanted Edward out. There were many Nazi-sympathizers and fascists among the aristocracy btw, and quite a bit of antisemitism. The monarchy was thrust upon George VI, stammerer, dyspeptic, and chain-smoker. The stress and his smoking killed him. It was really a dire decision for a member of the Windsors to abdicate. A taboo had been broken. If the monarchy is a role that one can simply take or leave, it weakens it immeasurably. I think that is why Elizabeth will not "retire" and why Charles will succeed her, despite his foibles. After his abdication, the Duke of Windsor complained constantly that Elizabeth was stingy with his allowance and that he was not enjoying a life style commensurate with his station. But from her perspective, he was unworthy and an ingrate.

by Anonymousreply 67May 11, 2019 10:59 PM

[quote] "She's fat, common and looks like a cook."

The great irony being that The Crown's casting depicts her as anything but.

by Anonymousreply 68May 11, 2019 11:05 PM

R25 You made me laugh out loud.

by Anonymousreply 69May 11, 2019 11:05 PM

WEHT Prince Henry? He's the best looking son in that family photo.

by Anonymousreply 70May 11, 2019 11:32 PM

Prince Henry had a touch of the gay face, R70. lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71May 11, 2019 11:39 PM

^ Henry was really close to Bertie and was really active in royal engagements for both George VI and Elizabeth II before he had a stroke. He outlived all his siblings but the stoke left him in really bad shape.

by Anonymousreply 72May 11, 2019 11:40 PM

[quote] Prince Henry had a touch of the gay face

It was the moustache.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73May 11, 2019 11:41 PM

I find George VI and his siblings all had strange duck faces except for Edward VIII because their parents were 2nd cousins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 11, 2019 11:51 PM

The future George V pictured with his older brother, Albert Victor, Duke Of Clarence

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 12, 2019 12:02 AM

Which one was Jack the Ripper?

by Anonymousreply 76May 12, 2019 12:05 AM

Yikes, R75. Was the older brother part Romanian???

by Anonymousreply 77May 12, 2019 12:12 AM

R76, the guy on the left (the Duke of Clarence).

*Also, the family photograph shown in the article r62 had linked has Albert and Henry switched. There names are listed from l to r incorrectly. Albert (George VI) is at the left in both of the family photos, r62 and r74. Imagine what offspring Mary of Teck and the Duke of Clarence might have produced if he had not died.

by Anonymousreply 78May 12, 2019 12:19 AM

R77 The Duke of Clarence was part Danish and inherited the long face of his mother, Queen Alexandra.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 12, 2019 12:24 AM

I would love to of gotten a hold of Albert Victor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80May 12, 2019 12:27 AM

*Their, not there. Damn it.

by Anonymousreply 81May 12, 2019 12:36 AM

[quote] I would love to of gotten a hold of Albert Victor

Love to HAVE gotten

There is no

Love to of

Would of

Should of

Could of

It's

Love to have

Should have

Could have

by Anonymousreply 82May 12, 2019 1:17 AM

His penis was mutilated.

by Anonymousreply 83May 12, 2019 1:25 AM

R77 His mother was Danish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 12, 2019 5:17 AM

Was he the one who stuttered?

by Anonymousreply 85May 12, 2019 5:23 AM

David, Duke of WIndsor, was a flamboyant homosexual whose footprints were on ceilings throughout Europe. To avoid scandal and disgrace winston Churchill and others arranged for the Missy to be 'bearded' to wallis and to ride off into the sunset to be replaced by a normal family on the throne. Also, the Queen Mum must have been a Fabulous Fag hag!. She loved to scream and carry-on with her dear sister Noel Coward, even staying as a house guest at Miss Coward's Jamaica estate!

by Anonymousreply 86May 12, 2019 9:22 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 12, 2019 10:00 AM

r87 he was very stupid to leave the Crown. The burdens? What burdens? The Crown showed that the Royal Family weren't cutting ribbons and displaying plaques across the UK like they do today. Maybe a few events coupled with opening Parliament, what a chore. They didn't open the palace to commoners until the 60s. There was a major war, but Parliament ran that operation, the king just shows up after a bombing to gawk at the rubble, wave to a crowd, and get back in his limo in time for lunch.

Being King back then seem very very easy.

by Anonymousreply 88May 12, 2019 3:23 PM

I can't help but always be attracted to Prince Charles. He was oddly sexy in his youth and handsome enough his old age. I would let him smash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89May 12, 2019 3:25 PM

R1 his wife looks like a man

by Anonymousreply 90May 12, 2019 3:39 PM

I see a slight resemblance to Benedict Cumberbatch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91May 12, 2019 3:48 PM

Are the British royalty circumcised? That candid photo of William peeing revealed uncut tinymeat.

by Anonymousreply 92May 12, 2019 4:15 PM

I've always thought that the best looking royal male was the late Prince William of Gloucester. Here are some photos of him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93May 12, 2019 4:19 PM

Fuck the Prince of Wales. Prince William of Gloucester was the original "ACTION MAN". Polo, anyone?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94May 12, 2019 4:20 PM

Perhaps you'd prefer some tennis?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95May 12, 2019 4:21 PM

To me George the 6th looked like a white Nat King Cole in some photographs. Anyone else see it?

by Anonymousreply 96May 12, 2019 4:22 PM

R88, George VI and his wife helped to lead England through WW2. It was thought, correctly, that David would not be up to the task.

by Anonymousreply 97May 12, 2019 4:25 PM

Those gums had receded right out of her mouth. I imagine her breath would stink up a room.

by Anonymousreply 98May 12, 2019 4:33 PM

I thought we had unanimously decided that Sam and Arthur Chatto are the hottest royals ever?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99May 12, 2019 4:40 PM

Sam and Arthur are 25th and 26th in line for the throne, as the grandchildren of Princess Margaret.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100May 12, 2019 4:44 PM

They are no longer relevant after letting that common Half breed into the fold.

by Anonymousreply 101May 12, 2019 4:58 PM

R101

Oh Please, the Bowes-Lyon are Jewish!!

by Anonymousreply 102May 12, 2019 5:08 PM

David/Edward VIII/DoW was not that much of a looker in my opinion. He was quite fey, and not robust like his brothers the Duke of Gloucester and the Duke of Kent. I’ve read a childhood case of mumps left his stunted physically and mentally, and sterile. He was a big drinker and had Nazi inclinations.

by Anonymousreply 103May 12, 2019 6:01 PM

Contrary to what has been said in this thread, Churchill didn't want Edward VIII to abdicate. Later, he grew to be grateful George VI and Queen Elizabeth were on the throne during wartime.

by Anonymousreply 104May 12, 2019 6:18 PM

What a sorry bunch of people who never did an honest days work in their entire lives. They'd all love Trump.

by Anonymousreply 105May 12, 2019 6:30 PM

r101 is NOT Erna

by Anonymousreply 106May 12, 2019 7:29 PM

The male ideal of the Teens and Twenties was petite with a small head, delicate facial features, narrow shoulders, a nipped-in high waist and narrow hips with shapely long legs and small feet. Check out most leading men of the stage and cinema, literary heroes and even many of the acclaimed athletes of the era and you'll see that type again again.

Whether the Duke of Windsor was the prototype or the archetype of this look can be debated, but he definitely was the embodiment of the man of his time.

Of course, by the end of WWII, a far more masculine man became the ideal (see: Clark Gable).

by Anonymousreply 107May 12, 2019 7:55 PM

R107 is right. Standards of beauty change all the time. In the 90s and early 00s, the female ideal was anoxeric looking. Now it's all about huge lips and gargantuan asses. I come from a homophobic country so the gay ideal was always big and muscular. It is refreshing to see that in the US, being thin and male is considered attractive. I never had that growing up.

by Anonymousreply 108May 12, 2019 8:02 PM

[quote]I remember reading EBL actually wanted The PoW and not the stuttering Duke. Imagine her thinking she had the looks for the future king! I think the real reason she hated the Duke and Duchess of Windsor was because he rejected her and they both mocked her dumpy appearance. All that stuff about her anger about the job prematurely killing her husband was bullshit. She did become Queen Consort but that woman could hold a grudge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109May 12, 2019 8:31 PM

^^ The Queen Mum didn't even bother to hider her smile as Wallis's casket was carried away.

by Anonymousreply 110May 12, 2019 8:34 PM

R110 and why the hell Not?

by Anonymousreply 111May 12, 2019 8:48 PM

The Scottish Cook certainly looks satisfied.

by Anonymousreply 112May 12, 2019 8:51 PM

She *does* look like a fat, dumpy cook! Ha, ha! Good one, DoW!

by Anonymousreply 113May 12, 2019 9:27 PM

Wallis and the DoW called The Queen Mum "Cookie" as a sarcastic reminder of the rumor that she was the illegitimate daughter of a cook in the Bowes-Lyon household if I remember an earlier DL BFR family thread correctly.

by Anonymousreply 114May 12, 2019 9:46 PM

The Queen Mother was the spitting image of her mother, Cecilia Nina Cavendish-Bentinck Bowes-Lyon. The rumors of her being the cook's daughter were not true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115May 12, 2019 11:25 PM

I'm pretty sure HRH and later Her Majesty the Queen Mum got the last several hundred laughs. Wallis had chapped ass for the rest of her life that Eddie was still and HRH but she never got the title.

by Anonymousreply 116May 12, 2019 11:32 PM

[quote] Wallis had chapped ass for the rest of her life that Eddie was still and HRH but she never got the title.

They all called him "Bertie," because his first name was Albert.

by Anonymousreply 117May 13, 2019 1:48 AM

According to Wiki his baptized name is Edward and Queen Vicky requested that Albert be added. But he did have a multitude of names.

by Anonymousreply 118May 13, 2019 2:37 AM

R117, I'm talking about Edward. He still got to retain HRH after he abdicated, but she was refused it.

Of course Bertie (and Liz) were HRHs.

by Anonymousreply 119May 13, 2019 2:39 AM

The Amsterdam usury banking criminals bribed the English Lords to welcome the bankers' stooge William of Orange (a sister, btw). Once Queen William had ascended the throne her first official act was to issue the charter for the Bank of England, as promised to her benefactors the Amsterdam usury banking criminals. The honest and patriotic Scottish Lords had steadfastly refused to bow to this piece of s---. The first Lord to bow was Bowes-Lyon.

by Anonymousreply 120May 13, 2019 7:37 AM

We wish we could have met Wallis - she seems Fabulous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121May 13, 2019 7:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!