Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BREAKING: 1 dead, several wounded at STEM school in Denver.

Anderson Cooper reporting...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135February 8, 2020 7:40 PM

this is active now?

by Anonymousreply 1May 8, 2019 1:38 AM

I happened this afternoon. Two suspects in custody.

by Anonymousreply 2May 8, 2019 1:40 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 8, 2019 1:43 AM

The school is 9 miles from Columbine.

by Anonymousreply 4May 8, 2019 1:46 AM

It's been a while...

by Anonymousreply 5May 8, 2019 1:47 AM

Another incel nerd shooting, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 6May 8, 2019 1:57 AM

Heartbreaking photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 8, 2019 2:00 AM

Two separate shooters, two separate classrooms. What is it about white American boys makes them resistant to or poor candidates for counselling? You can't tell me most shooters are underprivileged.

by Anonymousreply 8May 8, 2019 2:02 AM

A shooting in an American school.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 8, 2019 2:14 AM

Most shooters are on psychiatric medication but that's never mentioned in mainstream news. I wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 10May 8, 2019 2:14 AM

[quote] Another incel nerd shooting, I'm sure.

Perhaps a Trump and Christian hating pro-Obama gay skateboarder actor incel.

Devon Erickson, an 18-year-old high school student who has worked as a youth actor in Colorado, was identified by an investigative journalist and law enforcement dispatch audio as one of the two shooters accused of wounding eight students in a K-12 STEM school located in Douglas County. One student, an 18-year-old male, died in the attack.

Devon Erickson’s Facebook page says he lives in Highlands Ranch, Colorado. His page shows he is a fan of videogames, paintball, skateboarding, and The Walking Dead. His posts indicated that he was a guitar-playing youth theater actor who once sent his resume to TWD. His Instagram page highlights a more recent look that matches scanner dispatch reports that indicated a suspect had purple or pink hair (that’s the photo on left above). Asked on Instagram if he’d turned his hair blonde, he wrote, “it was purple then pink for a little too 😂.” On Twitter, he indicated, “I make music I guess.”

On social media, Devon Erickson expressed hatred for some Christians, and shared posts criticizing Donald Trump and praising Barack Obama, which you can see later in this article.

“You know what I hate? All these Christians who hate gays, yet in the bible, it says in Deuteronomy 17:12-13, if someone doesn’t do what their priest tells them to do, they are supposed to die. It has plenty of crazy stuff like that,” he wrote in one Facebook post a couple years ago. “But all they get out of it is ‘ewwwwww gays.'”

Dispatch audio from early on described hoodie-wearing suspects who were taken into custody at the scene, including one wearing a Nirvana hoodie and the other wearing a white hoodie with a heart on it and writing “all over it.” The second shooter has not yet been named but is a juvenile.

The above photo is the most recent on Devon Erickson’s Instagram page. It dates to March 2019. He included a slew of hashtags: “#aesthetic #aestheticgrunge #aesthetictumblr #grunge #darkaesthetic #darkgrunge #softgrunge #tumblraesthetic #aestheticoutfit #grungetumblr #grungestyle #aestheticposts #tumblrgirl #aestheticgirl #cuteaesthetic #pastelgrunge #softgrunge #softaesthetic #vintagestyle #tumblrinspo #alternative #gothaesthetic.”

With one post, he wrote, “I’m covered in ink and addicted to pain.” 9News reported that police were expected to search a home owned by James and Stephanie Erickson. Stephanie’s Facebook page was deleted shortly after news broke of the shooting.

In 2016, he shared a video of Seth Meyers criticizing President Donald Trump, and the year before he shared an Occupy Democrats post praising then President Barack Obama. Newer posts aren’t visible; some of his posts were more mundane. “GO BRONCOS!!!! LETS TAKE DOWN THE PATRIOTS!!!!” read one 2016 post. Pages he liked on Facebook run the gamut, and they included a page devoted to AK47s, PewDiePie, Chuck Norris, and Bruno Mars, among many others.

He also posted older photos of himself acting in a production of “Les Mis.” In 2014, he wrote, “Guys and Dolls Jr. Im going to miss everyone so much!” He also wrote, “Hey everyone. None of you know this but I am sending in a resume to be in The Walking Dead Season 5. The chances are 1/1000000 but I still have a chance. Wish me luck.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 8, 2019 3:17 AM

Why does Colorado have so many of these shootings?

by Anonymousreply 12May 8, 2019 3:20 AM

Guns are not an oddity here in Colorado with military and hunting.

by Anonymousreply 13May 8, 2019 3:22 AM

In other words, it's Tuesday in America.

by Anonymousreply 14May 8, 2019 3:23 AM

I bet the GOP miss the days when a school shooting could distract us from their shenanigans for days and days.

by Anonymousreply 15May 8, 2019 3:24 AM

r10 I've noticed that too, or their families have split up, or that someone close to them died... failure to cope. Pharmaceutical companies can't be held liable for the violence perpetrated by people taking their prescription drugs, but a teen's biochemistry has so much going on that antidepressant pills can muck with.

by Anonymousreply 16May 8, 2019 3:31 AM

R16 Michael Moore I think pushed a theory like this for years after Columbine. I think it's a cultural shift, this is the evolution of the same phenomena that were causing serial killers in the 60s-80s. Same demographic.

by Anonymousreply 17May 8, 2019 3:35 AM

Rumor mill on the internet (i.e. reddit and twitter) is saying the two shooters are a possibly gay 18 year old guy and a 16 year old female to male transgender kid. Unusual.

by Anonymousreply 18May 8, 2019 5:59 AM

The perpetrators want publicity and the media keeps giving it to them. They need to stop hyping these kinds of stories.

by Anonymousreply 19May 8, 2019 6:01 AM

Americans are an angry, violent people.

by Anonymousreply 20May 8, 2019 6:03 AM

r20 gets it. Americans will always find a weapon or means to kill other people. You take one away and they will use another.

by Anonymousreply 21May 8, 2019 6:10 AM

T&Ps

by Anonymousreply 22May 8, 2019 6:17 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 8, 2019 6:29 AM

R7 you can't break the crazy gun nuts' hearts when they have none. Their guns are their gonads. Just sad.

by Anonymousreply 24May 8, 2019 6:54 AM

None of this matters and nothing will change. I think you all know this.

by Anonymousreply 25May 8, 2019 6:59 AM

Right-wing sites pushing the narrative that one shooter was gay and the other transitioning from female to male.

by Anonymousreply 26May 8, 2019 12:24 PM

Living in Colorado really makes them wonky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 8, 2019 12:34 PM

Left-wing sites pushing the narrative that one shooter was incel and the other a redneck, Evangelical.

by Anonymousreply 28May 8, 2019 12:42 PM

[quote]Left-wing sites pushing the narrative that one shooter was incel and the other a redneck, Evangelical.

Link?

by Anonymousreply 29May 8, 2019 12:44 PM

More straight little white wimps who should have suicided or been aborted instead of having pills shoved at them, by counselors and doctors and video games and tech handed to them, by Mommy and Daddy. Some of these guys shouldn't be encouraged to continue on, since all they're going to do is drain society and harm other people.

by Anonymousreply 30May 8, 2019 1:31 PM

So would a teen transitioning be on testosterone? I know there’s been suspected cases of roid rage when body builder men murder. I don’t know if it’s possible for a female to take enough to have rage but I wonder if that’s a factor.

by Anonymousreply 31May 8, 2019 3:16 PM

r21 It's because Americans now believe in Manifesto Destiny

by Anonymousreply 32May 8, 2019 4:08 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 8, 2019 4:51 PM

So we all have an understanding that when students do this to their schoolmates it's a political act?

by Anonymousreply 34May 8, 2019 5:01 PM

[quote]a juvenile female - who authorities previously identified as a boy

that cunt made him do it. He was a nice, adorable guy until he met her.

by Anonymousreply 35May 8, 2019 5:14 PM

Trannies be ill

by Anonymousreply 36May 8, 2019 5:16 PM

[quote] e was a nice, adorable guy until he met her

until he met HIM HIM HIM.

Misgendering is a worse crime then shooting up a school.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 8, 2019 5:18 PM

Just another day in America.

by Anonymousreply 38May 8, 2019 5:29 PM

R14, meet R9.

by Anonymousreply 39May 8, 2019 5:32 PM

There's nothing heroic about having to die so young when he still had a promising life ahead of him. This is truly heartbreaking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 8, 2019 5:56 PM

Second suspect confirmed as Jazz Hans

by Anonymousreply 41May 8, 2019 6:01 PM

Typical good looking gay kid. It makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 42May 8, 2019 6:04 PM

What happened to the thread about one of the shooters being trans? That one disappeared in the last 15 minutes.

It’s not clear if the second shooter was MtT or FtT. My goodness. CNN ran a crawl that a second shooter was female and I was shocked. But I can’t find a definitive answer if the bio sex is male or female, and the police “misgendered” them.

by Anonymousreply 43May 8, 2019 10:07 PM

There was another FtM shooter not that long ago.

by Anonymousreply 44May 8, 2019 10:10 PM

KSL.com:

Authorities on Tuesday identified the juvenile suspect as a boy but Spurlock on Wednesday told reporters that the juvenile suspect is a girl.

He says "we originally thought the juvenile was a male by appearance."

Spurlock declined comment when asked by reporters if the juvenile suspect is transgender.

KMGH-TV reported late Tuesday that the juvenile suspect is a transgender male in the process of transitioning from female to male.

The television station cited anonymous sources close to the investigation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 8, 2019 10:12 PM

People on twitter are saying a FtM who went by "Alec," possibly actually named Alice.

by Anonymousreply 46May 8, 2019 10:27 PM

Photos at link.

Local 10: Accused Colorado school shooter identifies as 'devonkillz' on Snapchat

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 8, 2019 10:29 PM

Do they put FtMs who are on testosterone in female prisons?

by Anonymousreply 48May 8, 2019 11:07 PM

How long is it going to take Trump to tweet about this?

by Anonymousreply 49May 8, 2019 11:12 PM

Do you agree the mainstream media is trying to bury this story because it doesn't fit the narrative?

by Anonymousreply 50May 8, 2019 11:13 PM

The media is largely to blame for this. They were basically celebrating the 20th aniversatmry of Columbine a few weeks ago. Stop giving so much coverage to these and we won’t have them. Stop turning school shooters into rockstars.

by Anonymousreply 51May 8, 2019 11:15 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 8, 2019 11:19 PM

So now the SJWs are doing the shootings. And they killed a minority.

by Anonymousreply 53May 8, 2019 11:20 PM

More from DM at R52:

Erickson also has a YouTube channel where he posted videos of himself playing the guitar.

His Snapchat account is reportedly under the name 'devonkills'.

In one Instagram post obtained by Heavy.com, Erickson wrote: 'I'm covered in ink and addicted to pain.'

In another from 2018 he said: 'I'm only posting one of my senior pictures so people don't think I dropped out since I don't take classes at stem anymore.'

A combination of factors, including revenge and anger, spurred the attack, the Denver TV ABC affiliate reported, citing law enforcement sources. One of the suspects had reportedly been bullied over gender identity.

by Anonymousreply 54May 8, 2019 11:22 PM

[quote]Do you agree the mainstream media is trying to bury this story because it doesn't fit the narrative?

No, R50. World News Tonight mentioned that the juvenile shooter was born female but identifies as male.

by Anonymousreply 55May 8, 2019 11:41 PM

So Devon Erickson is a straight guy, and the second shooter was a girl who fancied herself a boy.

This is playing horribly in the Latino community. Thankfully, Spanish news outlets are putting this squarely on crazy white kids and Trangender crazies.

by Anonymousreply 56May 8, 2019 11:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 8, 2019 11:48 PM

More on Maya/Alec

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 8, 2019 11:49 PM

[quote] “F*CK stem kids i swear to f*cking god,” Alec wrote on his Twitter page in January.

STEM schools teach science, technology, engineering and math. This means they largely are more resistant to the SJW bullshit. A mathematical problem checks or it doesn't. A circuit is closed or it isn't. A person is a male or female or isn't.

by Anonymousreply 59May 9, 2019 12:38 AM

Fucking losers.

[quote]”Alec did not do this because he’s trans, but had people supported him in the way he needed and deserved, he would not have struggled so much that he got pushed over the edge.”

Oh, boo hoo.

Blame society for her shooting up a school full of kids.

by Anonymousreply 60May 9, 2019 12:52 AM

betcha they don’t throw “him” in the men’s jail.

by Anonymousreply 61May 9, 2019 12:57 AM

R60 that is not going to go over well.

by Anonymousreply 62May 9, 2019 1:00 AM

Do you think the mother of the trans kid will come out and say that trans activists/Planned Parenthood brainwashed her kid? Apparently, mom was not happy with the trans thing.

Maybe it will work as a defense.

by Anonymousreply 63May 9, 2019 1:03 AM

Actually, kids who transition have a high rate of autism - like 7-10%, which is a lot more than the general population. And tech bros have a greater propensity to claim to be transgender "women."

2 out of every 100 high school kids are now claiming to be transgender, according to a CDC study released this January. It's a fad.

But because of all the "gender conversion bans" already passed in many states, parents, teachers, therapists and doctors, have to legally affirm the kid's new gender immediately, including puberty blockers and cross -sex hormones, rather than talking kids through their issues.

90% of kids desist from transitioning if left alone, but Big Pharma wouldn't have that - there's no money to be made in letting mostly gay kids grow up to be gay adults - hence the "Gender Conversion" bans that the Transgender Lobby has already gotten passed.

by Anonymousreply 64May 9, 2019 1:10 AM

Where are all the trans activists calling for the female shooter to be put in a men's prison? Trans men ARE men, remember?

by Anonymousreply 65May 9, 2019 1:18 AM

Female mass shooters are almost unheard of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 9, 2019 1:18 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 9, 2019 1:21 AM

[quote]More on Maya/Alec

An angry lesbian, who would be pissed at anything anytime anywhere for no reasons at all, must have forced the namby-pamby, nice gay kid to commit this atrocity.

Fuck "her"!

by Anonymousreply 68May 9, 2019 1:23 AM

[quote]nice gay kid to commit this atrocity.

Except that Devon was a guy that dated girls only, and the "Lesbian" was not a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 69May 9, 2019 2:59 AM

@Walldo

STEM students abruptly marched out of a vigil tonight, upset that it was adults and politicians speaking, not students.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 9, 2019 3:00 AM

R69 As an adult, my read is that both shooters are gay or bi based on their publically known behavior.

I might be wrong, but my guess is better than their peers' who know jack all about life and swear the guy dated girls and the girl was a guy.

by Anonymousreply 71May 9, 2019 3:15 AM

Daily Mail wimps out rather then face a British police inquiry for committing a hate crime.

[quote] Transgender Denver high school student is identified as second gunman who killed one classmate and wounded eight, as friends refer to him as a 'tortured soul' who 'didn't get the support he needed'

Him.

by Anonymousreply 72May 9, 2019 5:01 AM

This article is completely appalling. Murderer as victim.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73May 9, 2019 5:07 AM

[quote]So now the SJWs are doing the shootings. And they killed a minority.

How many hundreds of minorities kill other minorities in Chicago every year? Funny how we notice a few dozen victims of gun violence while hundreds of others are all but ignored.

by Anonymousreply 74May 9, 2019 5:11 AM

"The friend also wrote that they didn’t allegedly act because of hate for others but rather 'hate in themselves' and called for more support for LGBT youth."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 9, 2019 5:43 AM

R74, we don't care when gangbangers kill each other.

by Anonymousreply 76May 9, 2019 7:50 AM

So many people in the world don't get support they need, but they don't go out killing their work colleagues or classmates. Fuck that lesbian. And I will fucking call a murderer anything I want.

by Anonymousreply 77May 9, 2019 12:26 PM

LGBTQ: One of the Colorado school shooters is a transgender boy

While police and court records deadnamed him, his public defender said that he goes by Alec and uses "he" pronouns.

Uh, they "deadnamed" her because they didn't know in the beginning of a chaotic MURDER investigation what her psych issues were.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 9, 2019 1:38 PM

I bet Alec will decide she really is a woman after all once she's faced with life in prison.

by Anonymousreply 79May 9, 2019 1:43 PM

If she started taking testosterone, her lawyer might argue this led to her actions.

They'll be looking to throw anyone under the bus that led this girl to think of herself as a boy and that includes LGBT groups, doctors, clinics, etc.

by Anonymousreply 80May 9, 2019 1:51 PM

Is it like the Columbine dynamic where one mentally ill killer psychopath dominated the other depressive psychopath?

by Anonymousreply 81May 9, 2019 2:00 PM

I think it’s more of a kinship between two societal outcasts...

She might not even be gay...just super weird. Which is what the “queer” community attracts.

by Anonymousreply 82May 9, 2019 2:06 PM

This angle in the media reeks of white privilege (a term I hate but seems blatantly fitting in this case). When a young AA commits a crime, you won’t see articles begging for understanding because he didn’t get the proper support and upbringing. AA kid might have a lifetime of abuse, poverty, neglect, etc. but a suburban white kid with hurt feelings deserves understanding and we as a society need to do better.

by Anonymousreply 83May 9, 2019 2:08 PM

I don't care what gender they considered themselves, they're both pieces of shit.

by Anonymousreply 84May 9, 2019 2:14 PM

High school kids need to be told repeatedly that nothing that happens to you in high school will ever matter again the day you leave high school. Imagine throwing away your freedom for life because you couldn't wait to turn nineteen and simply walk away from whatever brought you down at school.

by Anonymousreply 85May 9, 2019 2:20 PM

Students at a vigil for the STEM School shooting in Highlands Ranch reportedly walked out of the event after Democrat politicians Jason Crow and Michael Bennet made remarks and students said the tragedy was being politicized.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 9, 2019 2:54 PM

What in the hell is going on in the world ? Yes we absolutely need to get rid of guns . But guns were around forever and this didn’t happen ... so what gives ? Social media , societal pressures , depression, what is it ? Any theories ? I remember the term “going postal” but the incidents were few and far between . Now it seems like video game contest .

by Anonymousreply 87May 9, 2019 2:57 PM

[quote]Yes we absolutely need to get rid of guns . But guns were around forever and this didn’t happen ... so what gives ?

We pump children full of drugs for "psychological reasons." Virtually all school shooters were medicated on Ritalin or Adderall or some such harmful substances.

by Anonymousreply 88May 9, 2019 3:02 PM

Totally agree, R85.

by Anonymousreply 89May 9, 2019 3:02 PM

Reading the story shows that the boy who was killed was one of several in the class who got up and took on the shooter, thereby preventing the shooter from doing worse damage.

The deceased charged the shooter and was shot.

In the video clip one of the other boys talks about the deceased charging the shooter, like a bowling ball that would not be stopped.

by Anonymousreply 90May 9, 2019 3:03 PM

The real question is why are Americans so angry?

by Anonymousreply 91May 9, 2019 3:07 PM

R87, today’s guns are not exactly the guns of yesteryear.

Today’s guns are Weapons of Mass Destruction.

And every American is free to purchase their own WMD and do as they wish. If they choose to use it to execute people, then that is their right.

If they don’t commit suicide or die by cop, they will be arrested. But that’s only after they have used their WMD to kill whoever they want.

by Anonymousreply 92May 9, 2019 3:08 PM

Here we go again, assuming motives and other contributing factors days after the event. The Columbine shooters were first painted as bullied victims who snapped, but then later it turned out that THEY had bullied other students prior, and planned a full-on terrorist bombing to kill as many as they could for noteriety - not for “revenge.”

Again, every agenda under the sun will be cited as the reason these two killed, when in fact most people who fit their profiles DON’T go around shooting people. Some people are just murderers, and the super-majority of them are men.

by Anonymousreply 93May 9, 2019 3:12 PM

And yet, R93, all the people who choose to kill the babies in their wombs are women.

by Anonymousreply 94May 9, 2019 3:13 PM

R94 True - but if men could have babies, they’d be the super-majority of aborters as well, I’d speculate.

by Anonymousreply 95May 9, 2019 3:19 PM

Students walked out after Michael Bennett called for stricter gun control in his speech. Chanted "mental health" outside.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96May 9, 2019 3:24 PM

[quote] And yet, [R93], all the people who choose to kill the babies in their wombs are women.

Really? That's your argument?

by Anonymousreply 97May 9, 2019 3:25 PM

My argument is that women are not above ending the life of another human being to suit their own convenience, R97.

If a doctor found you passed out cold on the sidewalk, R97, he or she would immediately check your pulse as a beating heart is considered proof of life. A fetus has a detectably beating heart at five weeks. You have to kill the fetus to stop its heartbeat. It's a choice between life and death as far as the fetus is concerned, and it can't make that choice itself.

by Anonymousreply 98May 9, 2019 3:37 PM

keywords: "THEIR WOMBS," not your anus. So you have no say in that, bitch. please poke your nose elsewhere on your body.

Like they can't blame you for killing your 200 million sperm cells every other day.

by Anonymousreply 99May 9, 2019 3:41 PM

Authorities are investigating a report that a private security officer at STEM School Highlands Ranch shot at a Douglas County sheriff’s deputy responding to Tuesday’s attack that left one student dead and eight others wounded, 9News has confirmed with multiple law enforcement sources.

Investigators are also looking at the possibility a bullet from that security officer’s gun may have hit and wounded one of the students injured in the incident – a question that likely will not be answered until ballistics testing is complete, 9News has learned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100May 9, 2019 3:43 PM

Jeez, and people want to give TEACHERS guns. Security guards can't even use them properly!

by Anonymousreply 101May 9, 2019 3:44 PM

R99, sperm cells don't have beating hearts and they don't grow larger and more independently human every minute they exist.

by Anonymousreply 102May 9, 2019 3:46 PM

[quote]Right-wing sites pushing the narrative that one shooter was gay and the other transitioning from female to male.

Been seeing that a lot on social media, too. It's so weird that there's always this huge effort with certain people to discover "the truth" behind why this happened when it's someone white, but the exact same people will literally say a crime committed by a black person or a Muslim is just because they're "thugs" or "terrorists."

But they're also the Trumpster conspiracy types who liked him joking about shooting immigrants last night, so I guess it's not a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 103May 9, 2019 3:49 PM

R101 That’s why the “good guy with a gun” myth peeves me. The shooters with a plan ALWAYS have the advantage, no matter how highly trained security guards are. “More guns” means more chance of death/injuries from cross-fire. It often is that some unarmed student, teacher, or coach is the one who saves the others, as was the case here.

by Anonymousreply 104May 9, 2019 3:51 PM

Fetus, when aborted, doesn't grow larger and more independently of human thereafter.

Really you pro-life fat old troll should have asked your mom to abort you, so you wouldn't have to poke your nose into other women's wombs now.

by Anonymousreply 105May 9, 2019 3:54 PM

The real myth, R104, is that Gun-Free Zones protect peole from gun violence.

In the real world, designating a place as gun-free makes it an ideal location for a crazed shooter.

If we banned prescribing Ritalin and Adderall, etc. to anyone under 18, our schools would be a whole lot safer.

by Anonymousreply 106May 9, 2019 3:57 PM

[quote]Fetus, when aborted, doesn't grow larger and more independently of human thereafter.

Proof that it was alive until its mother chose to kill it.

by Anonymousreply 107May 9, 2019 3:58 PM

It really kills you that you have no power over women, doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 108May 9, 2019 4:01 PM

I don't want power over women, R108. Women die in the womb every day when their mothers abort them.

by Anonymousreply 109May 9, 2019 4:06 PM

Well, then stop obsessing. You don't have power over women so nothing is going to change. Focus on something where you can actually make an impact.

by Anonymousreply 110May 9, 2019 4:10 PM

R110, accusing me of wanting to have power over women is just a Straw Man argument that allows you to side-step the issue that abortion terminates viable human life just as efficiently as a loaded gun can. More so, because shooters usually have to hit moving targets, whereas a dead baby is a sitting duck, utterly dependent on its mother to not choose to kill it.

by Anonymousreply 111May 9, 2019 4:14 PM

Or rather, a living baby in the womb is a sitting duck, utterly dependent on its mother to choose not to kill it.

by Anonymousreply 112May 9, 2019 4:15 PM

Or just continue to prattle on and have no influence on anyone's thinking at all.

by Anonymousreply 113May 9, 2019 4:16 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Thread has been hijacked by abortion loon. Crisis averted. Thread is returning to its point of departure....

by Anonymousreply 114May 9, 2019 4:20 PM

It’s kinda funny to read this thread with the loon blocked.

by Anonymousreply 115May 9, 2019 4:24 PM

[quote]The real myth, [R104], is that Gun-Free Zones protect peole from gun violence.

R106 I don’t know if you’re implying that American teachers should be armed and prepared to engage in shootouts, but if that’s the case they should be given hefty raises and be provided with stellar mental health care. Talk about fanatasy!

You yourself virtually admitted that there is a mental-health crises in America by noting the over-prescription of mood-altering drugs instead of mental health counseling or behavioral therapy, which is hard to afford in the U.S.

Having witnessed many tantrums and meltdowns in academia, the prospect of armed K-12 instructors and college professors honestly chills me to the bone.

by Anonymousreply 116May 9, 2019 4:34 PM

^^Crisis - not crises.

by Anonymousreply 117May 9, 2019 4:44 PM

If the students had been packing heat this would not have happened!

by Anonymousreply 118May 9, 2019 4:52 PM

Did someone mention me r116?

by Anonymousreply 119May 9, 2019 4:56 PM

Twenty years ago I went to high school with a few potential budding male psychopaths; the ones that bragged about their violence against animals, their girlfriends or younger siblings. They already had legally purchased guns, but if they were given easy access to a social media platform to broadcast their message AND automatic weapons they could have easily committed yet another one.

They are now Dump worshipping Rethuglicans who are engineers in the South.

Why are mass shootings more frequent? Is it cumulative? Mental illness plus social media plus easy access to automatic weapons plus no one reporting anything equals mass shootings on a way too frequent basis? Why are people allowed to stockpile ammo to kill hundreds even thousands of people, like the Las Vegas mass shooter?

by Anonymousreply 120May 9, 2019 5:08 PM

So one of the shooters us ftm

by Anonymousreply 121May 9, 2019 6:05 PM

[quote] Students walked out after Michael Bennett called for stricter gun control in his speech. Chanted "mental health" outside.

Proud of those kids. STEM educations lets you look at the real problems and solutions.

by Anonymousreply 122May 9, 2019 9:56 PM

‘Not a statistic’: Students walk out of Colorado shooting vigil to condemn politics and press

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123May 9, 2019 10:43 PM

Team Kids!

by Anonymousreply 124May 9, 2019 10:53 PM

Exactly how many times are we going to be told the kids walked out?

Yes, we know.

by Anonymousreply 125May 10, 2019 12:11 AM

The majority of the media outlets seem to want to conceal the FtT’s trans status. Don’t want liberals having a conversation about trans+mental health or whether it’s harmful and unwise to put adolescents on powerful cross sex hormones. She’s 17 and they’re trying to give her total anonymity. When is her 18th birthday? Do we think the shroud of secrecy will be lifted once she crosses that threshold? I’m guessing not.

As for the kids protesting calls for gun control and chanting about mental health, that’s all well and good but gun control laws have proven to be highly effective in every other country. Mental health counseling isn’t going to do shit for the 4% of the population who are sociopaths and it won’t be effective for people like the schizophrenic Aurora movie theater shooter, who had been getting mental health treatment for years.

I do hope the youngest kids at the school are provided with lots of counseling in the coming years. Those photos of the 8 and 9 year olds sobbing and hugging each other are heartbreaking. Hopefully such an overwhelming and terrifying experience won’t shut them down emotionally.

by Anonymousreply 126May 10, 2019 5:00 AM

Mass shootings were really useful to the media under Obama, excellent fodder for pushing various narratives, under Trump not so much. We keep having them gently forgotten after a day or two. Even Vegas and Orlando were out of circulation after a week, with infrequent updates.

These kids won't support the Brady Campaign, so they're already over.

by Anonymousreply 127May 10, 2019 1:10 PM

R126, I think the YouTube shooter was born male. Do a google search & see how many others think the same.

But the powers that be won’t disclose the truth.

by Anonymousreply 128May 10, 2019 2:30 PM

It’s triggering to me that you’re all birth gendering this obvious male.

by Anonymousreply 129May 10, 2019 2:35 PM

I’m triggered by all the kids Trump orphaned, r129...but what can ya do? We simply do not have the power to control other people. Some people see him as male — so just live & let live.

by Anonymousreply 130May 10, 2019 2:37 PM

I wish one (or more or all) of the 2020 Democratic candidates were for re-opening quality federally run mental health facilities. Where people can be helped, if it takes overnight or years. There would be less homeless, less in our prisons, less violence and our country would be so much more prosperous.

I honestly think the 'mental health' track is the only way to tackle the school shooter epidemic as it skirts the 'gun control' issue. If they did it that way, it could prevent so much more than tragedies like the STEM shooting.

God, how I hate our lazy ass politicians

by Anonymousreply 131May 10, 2019 3:32 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132May 10, 2019 3:51 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133May 10, 2019 11:56 PM

Strange, r133, how they use his last name & her first name.

What a horrible scene for that kid.

by Anonymousreply 134May 11, 2019 2:39 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135February 8, 2020 7:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!