Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Age of Keanuissance!

John Wick 3 releasing this month. New character in Toy Story 4. Joined Fast & Furious spinoff, Hobbs & Shaw. A new Netflix romcom. And now the face of YSL. Is he going to be a beneficiary of #metoo, picking up the roles by now shunned, formerly go too actors like Johnny Depp? Long live Keanu!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89July 2, 2019 9:58 PM

I want to know how much the YSL gig paid him?

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2019 2:59 AM

For some reason, he has a weird internet following, he is like an internet legend

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2019 3:24 AM

He still looks good

by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2019 3:29 AM

Didn't know about Toy Story or the F & F spin-off. Isn't there also going to be a third Bill and Ted movie?

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2019 11:07 AM

Keanu could be the Johnny Depp replacement for producers who want a JD type without the controversy. I have a feeling that JD will end up doing Nic Cage type crap just to pay the bills.

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2019 11:19 AM

I’m happy for him. Seems to be a very thoughtful person in real life.

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2019 1:00 PM

ive Always been fascinated by him. Legend has it he gave away hundreds of millions of dollars to the crew of the Matrix films ( literally, every single person who worked on the), is rarely if ever seen at any sort of a Hollywood stuff. Seems to exist completely in the real world, yet I find him mysterious. And, ps, gorgeous in his 50’s!

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2019 1:05 PM

[Quote] Legend has it he gave away hundreds of millions of dollars to the crew of the Matrix films ( literally, every single person who worked on the)

Never heard of this rumour before but that's an awesome thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2019 3:40 PM

Yes r4. Starts filming in summer

by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2019 3:51 PM

[Quote] Yes [R4]. Starts filming in summer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2019 4:23 PM

He's looking old and tired. Overrated in every way.

by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2019 4:26 PM

Keanu is a good person, but a bad actor. He is only good in action flicks, sucks in every other type of roles.

by Anonymousreply 12May 2, 2019 4:40 PM

His career longevity has been amazing me for the last twenty years! No, twenty-five! He's actually been playing leading roles since the late 1980s, the first Bill And Ted movie was made thirty years ago. Thirty years of movie stardom, without being able to act, that's rare.

IMHO the secret of his success is that he's never bought into the Hollywood bullshit, he keeps his private life private and lives on his own terms. No showmances, no bearding, no reality TV.

by Anonymousreply 13May 2, 2019 4:43 PM

Not true r12. He has been excellent in non action roles he had in Devils Advocate, Something’s Gotta Give, Private Lives of PippaLee, Thumbsucker, etc.

by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2019 5:51 PM

The secret to his success is that he was very handsome when younger (especially in person) and was able to move in.

by Anonymousreply 15May 2, 2019 6:02 PM

He garners a lot of respect because he was in a media defining role, the Matrix, but continued being a private person doing his own thing. The Matrix may be forgotten some days but it changed western action movies. Most stars would go the Chris Pratt or Dwayne Johnson approach and start showing up everywhere. Keanu had nothing to prove and people love him for it.

He lives a simple life. Acting seems like another career the way he talks about it. He is giving and never has a mean thing to say about other people. I don't know how the hottie from Speed remained so humble but he deserves everything he gets. Having boatloads of money also helps.

My only issue with Keanu is that he had to turn down Speed 2 because he was playing with his band. I know the movie wasn't the best, but I wish he would have played beside Sandra.

by Anonymousreply 16May 2, 2019 7:28 PM

He turned down doing Speed 2 mostly because of the script. He did Hamlet in Canada instead

by Anonymousreply 17May 2, 2019 7:35 PM

he's had gay sex quite a bit but kept it on the down low - there are heroin rumours from the Gus Van Sant film - that film "Knock Knock" which is a remake of a 70s b movie was absolutely the worst - I found it hard to watch and felt sorry for him - it featured a small role for one of my faves Colleen Camp who appeared in the original film as well

by Anonymousreply 18May 2, 2019 8:10 PM

R18. I don’t know how he’s been able to keep it on the down low because multiple accounts and old Ted Casablanca blind items tell of a penchant for public sex. He’s probably bought off a lot of pics and videos from paparazzi.

by Anonymousreply 19May 2, 2019 9:40 PM

Love him and he looks great! He may not be the best actor but I just like watching him

by Anonymousreply 20May 2, 2019 10:37 PM

I wonder how he really feels about the Bill & Ted sequel? Genuinely happy or more reluctantly resigned to the needed box office bump? The few times I’ve read about him being rude to fans (literally counted on one hand) nearly all involve fans quoting from those movies. And he has said his biggest fear was his gravestone engraved with Ted Logan.

by Anonymousreply 21May 2, 2019 11:15 PM

Always loved him always will.

Many years ago I was invited by a friend to a party Keanu was giving at his home in LA. Keanu wasn't there.

by Anonymousreply 22May 3, 2019 12:17 AM

Tell us more r22! What’s the decor like? Was the friend straight or gay? Did s/he give a reason for K’s absence?

by Anonymousreply 23May 3, 2019 12:49 AM

Use to have a huge crush on him and while he still has sex appeal, I read somewhere a while ago that Keanu mostly smells like a dirty ashtray and bourbon.

by Anonymousreply 24May 3, 2019 1:26 AM

I heard he stinks too. But he is looks dam good. And not a arrogant asshole like alot of them.

by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2019 1:37 AM

He snakes American Spirits which allegedly don’t stink? Can anyone confirm that?

by Anonymousreply 26May 3, 2019 2:00 AM

R17 a wise choice on his part.

by Anonymousreply 27May 3, 2019 3:50 AM

I wish he’d do theater again.

by Anonymousreply 28May 3, 2019 4:15 AM

[quote] Legend has it he gave away hundreds of millions of dollars to the crew of the Matrix films ( literally, every single person who worked on the film)

No this is not true. We just had a long Keanu thread where we discussed this. Google it and you'll find what really happened.

He is a nice guy but he's got issues hence his long history of serious alcohol and drug problems and I mean serious drugs like heroin. I hope he's been able to beat those addictions. He has a lovely presence on screen but he is a terrible actor.

by Anonymousreply 29May 3, 2019 5:02 AM

Some might say he caused the death of Jennifer Symn and her unborn baby...maybe Marilyn Manson knows the answer to that. Was Jennifer getting ready to blackmail him, just before the sequels were made? Did Pellicano do his dirty work? Just asking. Truth is, he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 30May 3, 2019 5:17 AM

R29 can you link this thread?

by Anonymousreply 31May 3, 2019 5:19 AM

River loved him and told him so in My Own Private Idaho. There it was on screen for the whole world to see. Lying Van Saint loved that.

by Anonymousreply 32May 3, 2019 5:19 AM

Keanu never wanted a baby and he told Jennifer in public that he wanted her to have an abortion. Guess what, she is dead and that baby is supposedly dead, although sometimes I think the child is alive and with Chad (RHCP).

by Anonymousreply 33May 3, 2019 5:22 AM

Keanu likes to became success and no, he did not give a bunch of money to costumers on the Matrix. He did give some motorcycles away.

by Anonymousreply 34May 3, 2019 5:24 AM

I've never gotten a gay vibe from Keanu

by Anonymousreply 35May 3, 2019 5:24 AM

[quote] Some might say he caused the death of Jennifer Symn and her unborn baby

Good lord. How is he supposed to have dome that? I think she was just a groupie who made sure she got pregnant. Probably just a nice guy who got taken advantage of. They had barely been together when she got pregnant and they broke up almost immediately after the baby was still born. She was a heavy and irresponsible drug user. Maybe she was even using when she was pregnant. She and Keanu had been over for almost 2 years when she died or at least one year - something like that. Her accident was due to her substance abuse - luckily she didn't hurt or kill anyone else in the process.

by Anonymousreply 36May 3, 2019 5:49 AM

Her own drug use probably killed the baby in the womb. No Keanu really did not want it and Jennifer likely raped him while he was high/drunk to get pregnant. He was ready to move on from her so she made her move to nail him down or least child support for 18 years. He bought her a house but they were never together after that betrayal. Keanu was just doing his duty to support her.

by Anonymousreply 37May 3, 2019 7:06 AM

R33 who is Chad?

by Anonymousreply 38May 3, 2019 7:24 AM

R2 he's a Cryptid.

by Anonymousreply 39May 3, 2019 7:47 AM

I saw 47 RONIN twice in the theater and enjoyed it. AMA.

Honestly I only caught it for Jin Akanishi - but I was there and it was Keanu's movie, so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 3, 2019 7:48 AM

What r11 said.

by Anonymousreply 41May 3, 2019 7:50 AM

[quote] No Keanu really did not want it and Jennifer likely raped him while he was high/drunk to get pregnant.

Or maybe he likes it raw and screwed up, knocking up a groupie. They were BOTH irresponsible drug addicts. They likely fucked when they were both high as kites and then - oops - a kid happens.

by Anonymousreply 42May 3, 2019 8:26 AM

With 2 heavy druggies as parents, that kid wouldn’t have had a chance. It would probably OD at 16.

by Anonymousreply 43May 3, 2019 8:28 AM

R33 how public?

R37 were you actually there when she raped him?

by Anonymousreply 44May 3, 2019 9:12 AM

R44 they were in a restaurant when Jen told him and Keanu blew his stack in front of the whole restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 45May 3, 2019 9:14 AM

He has such a sweet presence and is still fuckable

by Anonymousreply 46May 3, 2019 9:15 AM

You guys really believe the publicist bullshit. She went to see Keanu in Oakland two days before she died. Joel Silver was going to have his big payday and no one was going to stop him.

You put something in the mothers drink, she loses the baby.

Chad of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

by Anonymousreply 47May 3, 2019 9:21 AM

Keanu is 54, never been married, never had a girlfriend, what do you call that?

by Anonymousreply 48May 3, 2019 9:23 AM

For some reason, Geffen lied and said he did not know Keanu. If you ever knew anything about Geffen or Keanu, you knew that they knew each other when Keanu was a teen.

by Anonymousreply 49May 3, 2019 9:26 AM

R40 didn’t Ronin flop so hard that it cost Keanu millions of his own money and dented his bankability? Iirc it was deliberately promoted awfully and released at a ridiculous time (a New Years?) plus reviews were unfairly damning.

But hey, it was his baby and he got to work with Sonny Chiba so I doubt he cares.

by Anonymousreply 50May 3, 2019 9:31 AM

I never get tired of Keanu. Even after all these years, the man is still a mystery, and I like that.

by Anonymousreply 51May 3, 2019 9:34 AM

[quote] Keanu is 54, never been married, never had a girlfriend, what do you call that?

Anti-social drug addict? R48, many DLers are unmarried and will die alone too. Doesn’t make ‘em straight.

Though I do believe DL rumours that Reeves may have been Geffen’s kept boy. Geffen is very secretive as well. Who is he sleeping with nowadays?

by Anonymousreply 52May 3, 2019 9:42 AM

Yes he has certain acting limitations but really would you turn him down? Of course not he’s still as hot as ever and maintains that level of mystery that keeps you interested.......

by Anonymousreply 53May 3, 2019 10:17 AM

He’s bisexual and openly a slut. He’s impregnated at least 3 women. Syme, Amanda Decadenet who gave in to his abortion demand and the mother of his secret daughter Isabella who he publicly calls his goddaughter.

by Anonymousreply 54May 3, 2019 11:14 AM

R40 I bet Kame was oozing green lol

by Anonymousreply 55May 3, 2019 4:22 PM

R47 how would Jen having a baby affect Joao Silvers profits? Keanu was in Europe filming for more than 2 days before the baby was stillborn. He flew back when JS called him after going to the dr had found no heartbeat.

by Anonymousreply 56May 3, 2019 5:18 PM

Assuming all this is correct i'm wondering why we doesn't want kids

by Anonymousreply 57May 3, 2019 5:23 PM

He may be bi, but he's certainly not gay. I saw him several times when he was living at the Chateau Marmont, with plenty of different women. Keanu certainly doesn't beard and is rich AF.

by Anonymousreply 58May 3, 2019 5:31 PM

R57 lots of people aren't interested in having kids.

by Anonymousreply 59May 4, 2019 2:35 AM

Someone in a DL thread said he also has a son via an Austrian model. And who now has kids of his own making K a grandpappy!

by Anonymousreply 60May 4, 2019 6:25 AM

Neo was suppose to be Jesus of the Matrix, it would not look good if someone spilled the beans that Keanu was a big whore for the velvet mafia and junky. Keanu was in Chicago before the baby was supposedly born. Jennifer and Keanu knew the same people, Amanda and Patricia hated Jennifer...if Keanu did not want a baby, you should understand that Patricia and Amanda did not want Keanu to father a child with Jennifer. By the way, he rented a house for Jennifer, he did not buy it.

by Anonymousreply 61May 5, 2019 4:49 AM

His mother had three kids but she probably had Keanu because his father came from a little money...drug money, more than likely. His Dad was selling drugs in Lebanon when Keanu was born.

by Anonymousreply 62May 5, 2019 5:01 AM

So many ignorant fools have called Keanu boring but in fact, he is fascinating and so are his ancestors.

by Anonymousreply 63May 5, 2019 5:02 AM

He’s never worked with the same director twice excepting the matrix and JW sequels? Why is that? Taylor Hackford said it took 8 takes before K could relax and they could get a take that they could keep. That’s probably exhausting for both cast and crew.

by Anonymousreply 64May 5, 2019 9:31 AM

Eight takes doesn't sound like a lot, but that is surprising.

by Anonymousreply 65May 5, 2019 9:32 AM

8 takes is nothing.

by Anonymousreply 66May 5, 2019 1:57 PM

Hackford meant it took 8 takes till they even got to doing the takes that were keepable so beyond 8

by Anonymousreply 67May 5, 2019 7:20 PM

Two Keanu threads? I guess his PR has visited us.

by Anonymousreply 68May 6, 2019 11:04 PM

Keanu!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 6, 2019 11:24 PM

Loved him in the Nancy Meyers film. He showed up the premise: why would a woman chase a chauvinist womanizer when hot Dr Keanu is chasing you around the bed?

He doesn't need to act his butt off, like, say, Tom Hiddleston, because he just is. His presence is magnetic and believable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70June 1, 2019 3:22 PM

One of his best performances r70. The heart and soul of the film.

by Anonymousreply 71June 1, 2019 3:36 PM

He was gorgeous in that film.

by Anonymousreply 72June 1, 2019 3:48 PM

Sexy and earthy.

by Anonymousreply 73June 1, 2019 4:04 PM

He actually ruined that Nancy Myers film, by being so beautiful and good-natured and charismatic that the heroine's lack of interest in him seemed insane.

And that's why he's had such a long career in spite of little evident skill as an actor, people are just drawn to him.

by Anonymousreply 74June 1, 2019 10:27 PM

It wasn’t that unbelievable. Not all older women will choose a guy that much younger because they rarely stay. And women aren’t into looks as much as men. Duane clearly had the greater connection with Jack.

by Anonymousreply 75June 1, 2019 10:31 PM

I think the Keanu character maybe would have stayed with Diane for 10 years or so. I don't think Jack would have gotten older with her, he would have returned to some young ho he bought for.

by Anonymousreply 76June 3, 2019 8:37 AM

Charlie Sheen talked about Keanu in an interview. He couldn't figure out why everybody wanted Keanu for their films, but nobody bothered calling Charlie or his brother, Emilio. It was a case of, "What is it about this guy that he's getting more work thrown at him than he can even consider, but Emilio and I don't get shit."

And that got me to thinking about Charlie Sheen vs. Keanu Reeves. If you were a Hollywood studio, which guy would you want in your movie?

by Anonymousreply 77June 3, 2019 8:57 AM

Found a snippet. Sorry it's Lipstick on a pig Alley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78June 3, 2019 8:59 AM

"And that got me to thinking about Charlie Sheen vs. Keanu Reeves. If you were a Hollywood studio, which guy would you want in your movie? "

Let's see. Keanu is 100x better looking, is a better actor with more range, is believable in romantic roles, is liked or loved by general audiences. He's also better behaved and more professional than Sheen, is healthier, is aging better, and comes without Sheen's miasma of enemies and publicity.

Really, the only reason anyone would want Sheen instead of Keanu, is if they were doing comedy with a nasty edge to it. That's really all Sheen can do.

by Anonymousreply 79June 3, 2019 9:05 AM

EXACTLY, R79. It's typical that Sheen sees himself as a victim and can't quite figure out why one phone is ringing off the hook and the other phone is collecting cobwebs.

by Anonymousreply 80June 3, 2019 9:15 AM

Sheen wasn’t sleeping with David Geffen.

by Anonymousreply 81June 3, 2019 9:20 AM

r77 I kind of get Charlie's complaint - in his comic multi-cam sitcom, action-comedy way, Charlie Sheen is a pretty good actor. Keanu, with his Zen countenance, winning smile, sad eyes and beautiful body just "is'. More high-brow people than Charlie Sheen can "act" - Tom Hiddleston for example. He does Shakespeare. He tries to be Hank Williams. He hams it up as Marvel villain. But all that effort doesn't necessarily make him watchable. And Keanu, who is described as oaken in even positive reviews of his work, comes off much, much better on camera.

But it doesn't matter. Charlie Sheen and Tom Hiddleston can act, and they need to. Keanu Reeves maybe can't "act", but he doesn't need to and the effect he makes is all the better and audiences implicitly love and trust him.

by Anonymousreply 82June 3, 2019 10:11 AM

Keanu is naturally authoritative on screen. I think that’s what makes a movie star.

by Anonymousreply 83June 3, 2019 12:36 PM

Everyone knew what Charlie was saying and Charlie was without work until he got Two and A Half Men...it made Charlie a ton of money and a broken heart.

by Anonymousreply 84June 7, 2019 10:19 AM

R84 do you mean Keanu was getting the parts for reasons other than acting? Like casting couch?

by Anonymousreply 85June 7, 2019 10:25 AM

YOUR 'RE Breathtaking!

by Anonymousreply 86June 10, 2019 8:32 PM

Am I gonna get credit for coining the now commonly used term “ Keanuissaunce”? What are my royalties?

by Anonymousreply 87June 14, 2019 5:58 AM

That’s embarrassing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88July 2, 2019 9:45 PM

Imagine the stink if you had Keanu, Johnny Depp, and Matthew McConaughey in the same room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89July 2, 2019 9:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!