Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Meth is killing people

NPR did an interesting story on Meth and how, in many places, there are more people dying of Meth OD than opioids.

Lots of middle aged gays are dying because they're going sex crazy after years of safe sex. They're dying of meth-induced heart attacks and brain hemorrhages.

Also some are dying of unintentional fentanyl overdose because the meth was weighed on the same scales that fentanyl was.

by Anonymousreply 27May 1, 2019 8:10 PM

Do you want to live forever?

by Anonymousreply 1May 1, 2019 3:27 PM

It's cheap too, and easier to obtain than pills. Tons of books coming out on this subject: DOPESICK, AMERICAN OVERDOSE, etc.

by Anonymousreply 2May 1, 2019 3:35 PM

I don’t care how many people die of a drug overdose. If you voluntarily take drugs like meth, oh well.

And if you gotta go what better way than a drug fueled sexcapade.

by Anonymousreply 3May 1, 2019 3:59 PM

The stuff is all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 4May 1, 2019 4:07 PM

[quote] I don’t care how many people die of a drug overdose. If you voluntarily take drugs like meth, oh well.

Why do you think taking drugs is an issue of morality?

Do you care when your parents die of heart attacks or cancer? They ate shit all their lives; they had a choice.

by Anonymousreply 5May 1, 2019 4:23 PM

Just because someone takes drugs doesn't mean they deserve to die.

In fact, far more people die from taking prescribed drugs than illegals ones

by Anonymousreply 6May 1, 2019 4:23 PM

Did these people die doing what they loved? Isn't that the goal? I give props to them, I think.

by Anonymousreply 7May 1, 2019 4:26 PM

I don’t know a single person who does meth or opioids.

by Anonymousreply 8May 1, 2019 5:04 PM

It’s drug induced choices

by Anonymousreply 9May 1, 2019 5:06 PM

R5 Ever heard of accountability?

by Anonymousreply 10May 1, 2019 5:13 PM

Drug users never take responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 11May 1, 2019 5:15 PM

In related news, water is wet.

by Anonymousreply 12May 1, 2019 5:19 PM

Damn, r12 beat me to it.

by Anonymousreply 13May 1, 2019 5:21 PM

I just treated a 7 year-old patient with an extensive history of congenital heart defect. On top of that, he was born with FASD, I looked into his records and he was born with marijuana, alcohol, and meth in his system. Sad thing is he's still living with his parents both of whom are still active meth and weed addicts. They won't give up custody because they get money for his disability from SSDI checks, which I presume they blow on meth, weed, and alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 14May 1, 2019 5:22 PM

R8 I know several and all are people I wouldn't be sorry to see die.

by Anonymousreply 15May 1, 2019 5:24 PM

R14 I know someone whose kid was born with fetal alcohol syndrome. She still has custody.

by Anonymousreply 16May 1, 2019 5:26 PM

At this point I am all for Darwin resolving this problem.

by Anonymousreply 17May 1, 2019 5:27 PM

I wish I had access to drugs...... My nephew is a meth head and he steals everything that isn't nailed down. Drug addicts lie, cheat, and steal so I don't want to associate with them because they will probably rob my house but I wish I knew where I could anonymously buy drugs like cocaine and meth in my area.

by Anonymousreply 18May 1, 2019 5:31 PM

[quote]I don’t know a single person who does meth or opioids.

Chances are you do, but they hide it—especially from non-users. Addicts are everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 19May 1, 2019 5:36 PM

r18 You won't be living in your area very long after you score meth and spiral into desperate drug addiction. Say goodbye to all that in about a year give or take.

by Anonymousreply 20May 1, 2019 5:40 PM

It's like a Biblical time line: consider areas like Appalachia and Ohio:

Closing/outsourcing of jobs like furniture factories, auto plants, steel mills and coal mines begat widespread unemployment, which begat a spike in disability claims (many real, some fake, but with the same objective, to get paid somehow), which begat the opportunity seized by Big Pharma devil Purdue to flood the region with "miracle drug" OxyContin, which begat the meteoric rise of "pain clinics" which begat unsavory doctors making big bucks which begat near instantaneous and widespread addiction and death, which begat the DEA finally getting hip and cutting off prescriptions and pain clinics closing, with MDs scurrying away like rats, which begat a black market for pills, which begat crime, misery, and still more death, which begat the rise of meth, which was cheaper and easier to cook, and in the minds of the desperate did the job just as well.

There. What did I miss?

by Anonymousreply 21May 1, 2019 6:07 PM

You generally don't OD on meth. It's other problems associated with its use, like heart attacks & polypharmacy.

r21 the governments are responsible for this, not BP. They are the ones who refused to regulate due to the BP lobby. The doctors, too, were (and are) unregulated. Strong regulation would have stopped this in its tracks.

r14 they probably had the kid in the first place for that reason. Many women do this, but no one will publicly address it. The local addict advocates are pushing a harm reduction agenda that does not include scientific, evidence-based treatment centres. Instead, they create a negative feedback loop that puts people into detox, then back on the street. This includes mothers who are "getting clean for their kid(s)" but in reality are just trying to avoid jail and/or getting their paycheques cut off.

by Anonymousreply 22May 1, 2019 7:47 PM

Why are most 'out' homosexuals on drugs?

by Anonymousreply 23May 1, 2019 7:48 PM

Addiction kills. You can fill in the blank with any substance.

by Anonymousreply 24May 1, 2019 7:52 PM

R23 — because they’re fucking fun

by Anonymousreply 25May 1, 2019 7:58 PM

R8, do you really think meth users are all missing teeth, down on their luck, living on the streets?

I assure you some of your friends do meth

by Anonymousreply 26May 1, 2019 8:04 PM

Much has better to take opioids put out by pharm companies, made in pristine FDA-approved laboratories.

by Anonymousreply 27May 1, 2019 8:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!