Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jim Parsons

Walking away from nearly 1 million an episode. They cancelled the whole series because he wanted to leave . Do you think the rest of the cast hates him? I think Galecki will act here and there, same with the woman who plays Penny, but I think the rest are not going to be cast in much.

by Anonymousreply 190May 21, 2019 10:38 AM

The show ran its course.

by Anonymousreply 1April 26, 2019 12:37 AM

thank GOD its cancelled, Thank you Jim

by Anonymousreply 2April 26, 2019 12:37 AM

They all have so much money they can do whatever they want for the rest of their lives.

by Anonymousreply 3April 26, 2019 12:38 AM

If one of the stars wants to leave a show, even turning down a million an episode and knowing it'll end the entire show, you know the show's run its course.

by Anonymousreply 4April 26, 2019 12:39 AM

The show is way past its expiration date, should have ended several years ago, I applaud him.

by Anonymousreply 5April 26, 2019 12:41 AM

Even the writers are woreout. These last shows have been tedious.

by Anonymousreply 6April 26, 2019 12:42 AM

Parsons has the residuals, not to mention his piece of Young Sheldon which just got renewed, so he has plenty of fuck-you money.

by Anonymousreply 7April 26, 2019 12:43 AM

This thing is so long in the tooth it needed to end.

by Anonymousreply 8April 26, 2019 12:43 AM

The show hasn’t been good in a while

by Anonymousreply 9April 26, 2019 12:43 AM

All of them are set for the rest of their lives, and this sitcom lasted longer than most, so they can't complain too much.

by Anonymousreply 10April 26, 2019 12:48 AM

The show was fine, but definitely ran it's course.

Like Happy Days became the Fonzi show, this became the Sheldon show many season ago.

Only Bialik and the woman who plays Bernadette don't have a mountain of cash. They actually weren't making nearly as much as the others were.

by Anonymousreply 11April 26, 2019 12:58 AM

The first five years were golden. The wicked smart but none the less clueless and socially awkward band of nerdy losers desperate to get laid was the premise of the show and it worked. Every episode had a laugh out loud moment. Sheldon’s fussbudget Aspie character was unique. It’s a show about fraus and their nerdy, henpecked husbands now. Hasn’t been funny in years.

by Anonymousreply 12April 26, 2019 1:02 AM

I have really enjoyed this show but it is time to say goodbye. Tonight's episode wasn't funny at all. The Leonard standing up for himself plot was lame. They will all be okay. They will do some reunion shows and in 20 years, Leonard and Sheldon's kids will move in together and they will run that show into the ground.

by Anonymousreply 13April 26, 2019 1:10 AM

Galecki will done just fine. He did fine after Roseanne was over and he'll get a lot of work as a character actor. He's quite good and doesn't get enough credit for being the straight man on that show. Then again, most straight men characters in sitcoms never get any credit. Where would Golden Girls be without Bea Arthur?

by Anonymousreply 14April 26, 2019 1:12 AM

Now that the series had ended, will Johnny Golecki come out? No one believed the"relationship" with the blonde on the show.

by Anonymousreply 15April 26, 2019 1:19 AM

You never heard a whisper of gossip about that set. I wonder if they got along

by Anonymousreply 16April 26, 2019 1:48 AM

Read somewhere Galecki wants to move on too, One thing about Sheldon's character is that Young Sheldon is presumably coming back next season which means Parsons will still do voice overs so he knows he has guaranteed income. I never bought into the Aspie theory regarding Cooper. The character was an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 17April 26, 2019 2:07 AM

Of all of them, Parsons is the most interesting and has the most potential to continue to be cast in other things. The dull blonde girl Kaley Cuoco may continue to have some success mostly for being young and white. Plus she has that very weird marriage to the rich equestrian guy.

by Anonymousreply 18April 26, 2019 2:15 AM

[quote] Only Bialik and the woman who plays Bernadette don't have a mountain of cash. They actually weren't making nearly as much as the others were.

I dare say neither of them are hurting financially.

[quote] During renewal discussions that began before the 2017 renewal, the original cast agreed to each take a $100,000 cut in their salaries for the 11th and 12th seasons, leaving $500,000 to add to the actress’s raises. That would mean Bialik and Rauch will each earn about $450,000 per episode for the next two 24-episode seasons, earning over $21.6 million over the next two years.

by Anonymousreply 19April 26, 2019 2:16 AM

Kaley is married to a BILLIONAIRE heir. She is doing fine

by Anonymousreply 20April 26, 2019 2:33 AM

anyone who says money doesn't make a difference is insane

by Anonymousreply 21April 26, 2019 2:40 AM

Kaley is worth many many millions on her own.

by Anonymousreply 22April 26, 2019 2:49 AM

Don't worry, I'm sure Netflix will have a reboot in about six years.

by Anonymousreply 23April 26, 2019 2:54 AM

Parsons has a cut of the syndication as well That guys is so loaded.

by Anonymousreply 24April 26, 2019 3:01 AM

Galecki is a very good character actor. He will do interesting work for as long as cares to do it. Bialik, too. The others are type cast. They are done. NO ONE is clamoring to see Jim Parsons in LONG DAY'S JOURNEY INTO NIGHT. Or anything else.

by Anonymousreply 25April 26, 2019 3:05 AM

I can’t imagine they’re too mad, they’re probably sick of that shit too. Parsons has made some interesting production choices (Special, has he been behind anything else), the rest of the main cast certainly have the money to do something similar if they are so inclined.

by Anonymousreply 26April 26, 2019 3:13 AM

Parsons is almost 50 with greying hair. He has milked the hell out of that tired show. If he wants any kind of lasting legacy the time is now to build it.

by Anonymousreply 27April 26, 2019 5:00 AM

I think Galeki is an awkward bore. For someone who’s been acting most of his life, he doesn’t have a very deep well.

by Anonymousreply 28April 26, 2019 5:57 AM

[quote]One thing about Sheldon's character is that Young Sheldon is presumably coming back next season which means Parsons will still do voice overs so he knows he has guaranteed income.

Young Sheldon is already officially renewed by CBS for both Season 3 and Season 4. Parson narrates and has a producer credit, so I don't think he needs to worry about where the rent money's coming from after Big Bang.

by Anonymousreply 29April 26, 2019 6:09 AM

Pretty sure Galecki is going to be a series regular on The Conners. They’re all decent actors and nobody has heard rumours that any of them are difficult to work with, so they’ll be fine. They’re bowing out gracefully, and they’ll still make a fortune in syndication $$.

by Anonymousreply 30April 26, 2019 6:47 AM

Is The Conners coming back?

by Anonymousreply 31April 26, 2019 6:52 AM

R14, Galecki was considered the lead in BBT until Parsons stole his thunder. If you watch the first season you'll see it's obvious the writers were setting up the character of Leonard as the quirky one but Parsons played it so much better.

Yes, R31.

by Anonymousreply 32April 26, 2019 7:01 AM

The show had it's run, enough is enough. The whole cast needed to move on.

by Anonymousreply 33April 26, 2019 7:07 AM

They'll reboot it in 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 34April 26, 2019 8:16 AM

The show was rarely funny. I've watched episodes without the laugh track and heard nothing that organically caused laughter.

by Anonymousreply 35April 26, 2019 8:33 AM

Parsons really hit the jackpot with this show. It was perfect for him considering he doesn't have leading man appeal

by Anonymousreply 36April 26, 2019 8:44 AM

The day Kaley Cuoco got a star on the Walk of Fame was the day it lost all relevance

by Anonymousreply 37April 26, 2019 8:50 AM

Kevin Sussman (Stewart) is the funniest person on that show in my opinion. I'd love to see him get on another big comedy series in a leading role.

by Anonymousreply 38April 26, 2019 11:34 AM

Kaley Cuoco has been doing Priceline commercials.

by Anonymousreply 39April 26, 2019 11:39 AM

I think it was foolish. Why not keep going until they finally cancel it? Probably wouldn’t be long anyway. They offered a huge amount to renew. It must have been an awful job to turn that down. I mean, it’s strictly old man roles once you give up BB. But maybe I’m wrong, maybe he’s got tons of offers. What about the rest of the cast? And anyway, when you’ve got that much clout, couldn’t you demand work arounds for other roles or a hiatus or something?

by Anonymousreply 40April 26, 2019 11:52 AM

Someone wrote that the first five years were golden and I'd agree. Amy was good for a few laughs but her "relationship" with Sheldon is an unfunny joke. Raj and Stuart basically living with Howard and family is just creepy.

They also hinted for years that some character would be gay but chickened out on that one. As Bernadette says about gayer than gay Raj, "Metrosexual, my ass."

by Anonymousreply 41April 26, 2019 11:54 AM

The commercial breaks on this hot show just got longer and longer as the network and locals milked the ratings.

They could charge top dollar for spots and boy did they. 5 or 6 or 7 commercials in a row.

I bet the writers were told to knock off at 20 minutes per show instead of 23 minutes, the usual length.

by Anonymousreply 42April 26, 2019 11:58 AM

[quote]Kevin Sussman (Stewart) is the funniest person on that show in my opinion.

The actress who plays his wife is pretty funny, and they have real chemistry together. They're they only couple who are even halfway believable.

by Anonymousreply 43April 26, 2019 12:04 PM

I must admit I've grown to actually hate Sheldon. In most of his scenes I have terrible thoughts of smothering him in his sleep. I think Parsons took that character too far down the weird road. Sheldon went from being quirky to being full on batshit crazy. And his arrogant level of self importance and pomposity only made it worse. It became unrealistic to think anyone even remotely connected to Sheldon could have anything but hate for him, especially if you had to live with him.

by Anonymousreply 44April 26, 2019 12:09 PM

Sure, it's not Shakespeare, but he's no Gary Oldman (he was godawful in The Normal Heart.) Why wouldn't you just do it, and give the money from all new episodes to a charity of your choice - or even create a worthy charity of your own? You could feel so good about yourself, and your contribution to the world. You wouldn't have to watch your performance if you couldn't bear to.

by Anonymousreply 45April 26, 2019 12:18 PM

[quote] I think Parsons took that character too far down the weird road.

Jim Parsons does not write the show.

by Anonymousreply 46April 26, 2019 12:20 PM

[quote]You never heard a whisper of gossip about that set. I wonder if they got along

Considering they really did the salary cut for the girls, I'd say yeah, they get along.

[quote]Raj and Stuart basically living with Howard and family is just creepy.

Five years ago they should have made them a couple. C'mon Raj needed to be drunk to talk to a girl at the beginning. Was there ever a gay character on that show, even guest character? Science and Comic nerds and not one gay? Really?

by Anonymousreply 47April 26, 2019 12:27 PM

I'm sure that he would like to do lengthier Broadway runs. In the past 9 years alone or so, he has appeared in "Harvey", "An Act of God" and "Boys in the Band". He certainly doesn't do as much stage as Nathan Lane, but when you work in the theater irregardless of how much other mediums are clamoring to get you, it takes your full concentration to get everything together on stage, and he has the time now to really do that. I'm not a fan of his and never watched the sitcom, but I did see "Harvey", and obviously, he was meant to do more theater.

by Anonymousreply 48April 26, 2019 12:31 PM

Galecki seems like an asshole in real life, maybe I'm wrong, but whenever I witness him out of character, he seems humorless and difficult.

by Anonymousreply 49April 26, 2019 12:43 PM

Young Sheldon is much better with a vastly superior formate.

by Anonymousreply 50April 26, 2019 12:44 PM

Young Sheldon is completely different than any other Chuck Lorre show. It's not about broad laughs, bathroom humor, sex jokes.

It's designed to give the warm and fuzzies.

by Anonymousreply 51April 26, 2019 1:04 PM

I loathe the Raj character with the heat of ten billion suns and the actor is a douche.

by Anonymousreply 52April 26, 2019 1:29 PM

The actor who plays Wolowitz has already had a good role in a Meryl Streep movie "Florence Jenkins " a couple of years ago and did a good job.

by Anonymousreply 53April 26, 2019 1:34 PM

I thought he did well in The Normal Heart and the eugoogly scene is quite moving.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 26, 2019 1:38 PM

Parsons has my respect for respecting the other two lead actors Cisco and Galecki. He could have demanded he got paid more than they did but never has. He’s the face of TBBT and the only character they couldn’t do it without. No diva trips with it seems.

by Anonymousreply 55April 26, 2019 1:39 PM

I totally agree with R40. Keep doing it until they cancel it - especially if they all get along. The show is still one of the top rated shows on TV and could last for another three or four years. The schedule isn't that demanding. I imagine at this point that they only need four days to shoot a show as opposed to five of a typical sitcom schedule. With 24 episodes, that's less than six months out of the year. That leaves six months to do other projects like Broadway or films. Plus, having that extra cash for an additional three or four years makes those other projects easier to come by as they can finance themselves. I get that sometime actors feel that the character has overtaken them but in all honesty the damage has already been done. Three or four more seasons isn't going to make Jim Parsons any more related to Sheldon than he already is.

by Anonymousreply 56April 26, 2019 1:47 PM

When you have millions and millions of dollars, another few million isn't as appealing as you might think.

by Anonymousreply 57April 26, 2019 1:51 PM

[quote]irregardless

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 58April 26, 2019 2:04 PM

I didn't know the show was still on. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 59April 26, 2019 2:11 PM

Kaley is a hard worker and well-liked so if she wants to work, she will find someone to cast her. She also knows how lucky she is.

Galecki is "intense" and isn't close with his cast mates. He's not nasty but he's prickly and moody and mostly unpleasant.

Parsons doesn't fool around on set but he and Kaley are buddies.

by Anonymousreply 60April 26, 2019 2:29 PM

Always liked Parsons, whatever he does (even his cameo in one of the Muppet movies). I think the guy who plays Stewart, and Howard are the best actors on the show. "Wolowicz" has terrific comic timing....

by Anonymousreply 61April 26, 2019 2:31 PM

I'm sure they all want to move on from this show. It has been around for way too long.

by Anonymousreply 62April 26, 2019 2:41 PM

[quote] Parsons has my respect for respecting the other two lead actors Cisco and Galecki

"Cisco"?

by Anonymousreply 63April 26, 2019 2:42 PM

[quote] I loathe the Raj character with the heat of ten billion suns and the actor is a douche.

Nayyar and Galecki are the two big dicks on that set. I think he's hot, but dear God he needs a better hair cut, on the series and in his real life. He and Helberg both have horrible hair cuts off the set.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 26, 2019 2:47 PM

Galecki, Helberg, and Nayyar desperately need a better hair style off set. What are they thinking when they look in the mirror? Surely not "oh yeah that looks good".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 26, 2019 2:54 PM

Johnny Galecki was excellent playing a rent boy in The Little Dog Laughed on Broadway. Plus, for such a little guy, he's hung like a horse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 26, 2019 2:57 PM

[quote]Kevin Sussman (Stewart) is the funniest person on that show in my opinion. I'd love to see him get on another big comedy series in a leading role.

Apparently, he was a finalist to be Sheldon, but lost out to Parsons.

[quote]The actress who plays his wife is pretty funny, and they have real chemistry together. They're they only couple who are even halfway believable.

Stuart doesn't have a wife on the show.

by Anonymousreply 67April 26, 2019 2:58 PM

I got tired of Sheldon and leonard,but I love Howard and Bernadette and all the rest.Amy is a hoot,she reminds me very much of a friend of mine. I think the secondary characters could easily carry a show without the main players.Just dont call it BBT.

by Anonymousreply 68April 26, 2019 3:01 PM

I hate Howard and Bernadette. That is an abusive relationship and it isn't funny.

I like Kevin Sussman (Stewart), but he could never hold a show as a lead. He is a very good second banana.

Johnny Galecki is going to be hard to cast after Big Bang. He really isn't a comedian. He need to be cast in a drama as the heavy.

There was at least one gay character, though basically a walk on. There was an episode when Sheldon inadvertently asked a guy out on a date.

by Anonymousreply 69April 26, 2019 3:09 PM

Galecki presents quite the basket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 26, 2019 3:10 PM

[Quote] The actor who plays Wolowitz has already had a good role in a Meryl Streep movie "Florence Jenkins " a couple of years ago and did a good job.

I'll be surprised if he plays another nerdy character. The first thing i ever saw him in was Another Cinderella Story playing a dork.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 26, 2019 3:13 PM

[quote]Galecki presents quite the basket.

Although he's really gotten fat and dumpy the past couple years. And, I have never understood the greasy hair thing he does all the time.

by Anonymousreply 72April 26, 2019 3:15 PM

Cuoco is married again? She sure likes her serial monogamy.

There was one episode where Raj, lonely while everyone else is on a date, wanders to the comic book shop and strikes up a conversation with Stewart. They arrange for dinner and a movie. Stewart, after Raj leaves and after thinking for a moment says “eh, I could do worse”. They should have explored that option. The worst pairing was Raj and that bug-eyed comedian who is so homely it’s distracting.

by Anonymousreply 73April 26, 2019 3:16 PM

[Quote] Cuoco is married again? She sure likes her serial monogamy.

What is up with that? And more importantly, what did her co-stars think every time they got an invitation to one of her weddings? 🤔

by Anonymousreply 74April 26, 2019 3:32 PM

I hate to say it, but Helberg looks like he suffers from fetal alcohol syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 75April 26, 2019 3:34 PM

I always wondered why Cuoco gave up on gettin' Galecki's big meat every night when they were a thing.

by Anonymousreply 76April 26, 2019 3:35 PM

That's a lot of bank for what was basically little more than White Urkel.

by Anonymousreply 77April 26, 2019 3:39 PM

Cuoco has had two marriages. The first, was after three months of dating; so, really no surprise that one failed. She is no Liz Taylor or Gabor sister.

(FYI, her character is called "Penny" because she is something you would pick up off the street.)

by Anonymousreply 78April 26, 2019 3:45 PM

[quote]I always wondered why Cuoco gave up on gettin' Galecki's big meat every night when they were a thing.

Look at what it’s stuck to, R76.

by Anonymousreply 79April 26, 2019 3:50 PM

[Quote] Cuoco has had two marriages. The first, was after three months of dating; so, really no surprise that one failed. She is no Liz Taylor or Gabor sister.

Plus there was her "romance" with Superman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80April 26, 2019 3:55 PM

Cuoco may play a dumb blonde but she is far from being one. Her last husband walked away from their marriage with like $100,000 when she's worth well north of $50 million.And shes had some HOT guys !

by Anonymousreply 81April 26, 2019 3:59 PM

Jim has given hope to every homely, little queen who always wanted to make it in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 82April 26, 2019 4:00 PM

I stopped watching after Amy came on as a regular.

by Anonymousreply 83April 26, 2019 4:55 PM

[quote] Look at what it’s stuck to, [R76]

But he was cute and reasonably fit back when they were together.

by Anonymousreply 84April 26, 2019 5:02 PM

I love the Amy character and her lesbian crush on Penny. Penny is supposed to be the sexy one but a lot of straight guys think Bernadette is sexier. She is genuinely stacked along with the librarian glasses.

by Anonymousreply 85April 26, 2019 5:26 PM

I'm bored with the show, but I keep watching because I love a lot of the minor characters. The fat geologist is great, and Kripke is always good for a laugh. Penny's father, her dumb boyfriend, and Leonard's mother are all more interesting than the main characters at this point.

by Anonymousreply 86April 26, 2019 5:33 PM

For some reason, I have never laughed at any Warner Bros. sitcoms other than [italic]Alice[/italic] and [italic]Night Court[/italic]. Their cartoons are another matter.

by Anonymousreply 87April 26, 2019 5:36 PM

Friend 2.0, with the difference most of them aren't that attractives, they overestimate their talent because the show was successful. Never kill the golden goose.

by Anonymousreply 88April 26, 2019 5:40 PM

[quote] Kevin Sussman (Stewart) is the funniest person on that show in my opinion. I'd love to see him get on another big comedy series in a leading role.

YES! I thought I was the only one that thought that. They give him great lines AND his delivery and timing are off the charts.

by Anonymousreply 89April 26, 2019 5:42 PM

I stopped watching years ago (like The Simpsons), watching the final episodes just to see how it ends. Not going to miss the show.

by Anonymousreply 90April 26, 2019 5:42 PM

[quote]But he was cute and reasonably fit back when they were together.

Never, on both counts R84.

by Anonymousreply 91April 26, 2019 6:10 PM

[Quote] I think Galecki will act here and there,

He has a HUGE penis. He has no worries.

by Anonymousreply 92April 26, 2019 6:16 PM

R81 she married him after 3 months. That's not smart.

All of them have more money than they'll ever need and they are probably bored. Ellen Pompeo and Mariska Hargitay can be on their shows forever, but if money was no object, wouldn't most people want to do something different?

by Anonymousreply 93April 26, 2019 6:24 PM

[quote] Galecki is "intense" and isn't close with his cast mates. He's not nasty but he's prickly and moody and mostly unpleasant.

You know, I used to say the same thing about Bea Arthur.

by Anonymousreply 94April 26, 2019 6:57 PM

Parsons, Galecki, Sussman, and Bialik are all over 40 (Sussman is almost 50.) The rest are still in their thirties.

by Anonymousreply 95April 26, 2019 9:12 PM

It's time for a Blossom remake!

by Anonymousreply 96April 26, 2019 9:22 PM

R96 = Joey Lawrence's creditors

by Anonymousreply 97April 26, 2019 9:35 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98April 26, 2019 9:37 PM

Cuoco was briefly engaged to some sort of addiction specialist and was on red carpets gushing over him. He was a middle class nobody (not snark, so am I). Then all of a sudden she is marrying the D-list much younger tennis player. I follow tennis and knew this was a horrible idea because he was a guy whose career was going nowhere in tennis and just looking to hold onto fame and probably some money. But like others have said, she has all the money in the world so if she wanted to have fun with him, then so be it. And he was never going to get any money out of that marriage since they were married for like a year and have no children together.

But the way she jumps into relationships and engagements and marriages does signal something about her.

by Anonymousreply 99April 26, 2019 9:56 PM

A very special BBT episode: Raj discovers Stuart is a hung top.

by Anonymousreply 100April 26, 2019 10:08 PM

Helberg was also good in Dr. Horrible.

by Anonymousreply 101April 26, 2019 10:20 PM

[quote] YES! I thought I was the only one that thought that. They give him great lines AND his delivery and timing are off the charts.

"THAT'S RIGHT SUCKA!" Remember that line? I laughed like a maniac when he said that. LOL

by Anonymousreply 102April 26, 2019 10:22 PM

R15 fuck you, cunt. Not everyone is gay. You scream Gale Harold troll, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 103April 26, 2019 10:27 PM

Here's a little BBT trivia. If you remember this episode of Seinfeld, George ended up having to go out on a date with the unemployment lady's ugly daughter. The actress who played the daughter was the voice of Mrs. Wolowitz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104April 26, 2019 10:28 PM

In the pilot, the "penny" character was a homeless hairdresser.

by Anonymousreply 105April 26, 2019 10:31 PM

Scene from the unaired pilot. Penny was "Katie" and played by Amanda Walsh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 26, 2019 10:37 PM

Amanda Walsh is the most irritating “actress” in creation. Kaley Cuoco is no Oscar winner, but she’s light years better than AW.

Kevin Sussmann is hilarious. It would be great to see him get a series lead after BBT ends.

by Anonymousreply 107April 26, 2019 10:46 PM

Imagine missing out on one of the most successful shows of all time.

by Anonymousreply 108April 26, 2019 10:52 PM

Kevin Sussman and Jim Parsons were the two finalists for Sheldon. Imagine the different show had Sussman gotten the part.

by Anonymousreply 109April 26, 2019 10:58 PM

Time for it to end. Actually it should have ended a couple years or more ago. I'll only miss Baranski and Metcalf as the mothers.

by Anonymousreply 110April 26, 2019 11:14 PM

[Quote] A very special BBT episode: Raj discovers Stuart is a hung top.

I'm hard just thinking of that. Yum!

by Anonymousreply 111April 26, 2019 11:20 PM

I think Simon Helberg has to have that horrible haircut because how else are they going to give Woliwitz his chili bowl? And with all that money I’m sure his wife can easily look past that haircut.

by Anonymousreply 112April 26, 2019 11:21 PM

To the people saying the actors playing Raj and Leonard are unpleasant, do you have first-hand knowledge or is this just rumor?

by Anonymousreply 113April 26, 2019 11:22 PM

They had the last table reading this week, and soon the filming for the finale will be done. Between now and when the finale airs, the cast will have to make many personal appearances, but once that is over, it will be interesting to see what Simon Helberg does with his hair. There are far more flattering cuts

by Anonymousreply 114April 26, 2019 11:26 PM

Kevin Sussman is the best?

He was so painfully unfunny on Ugly Betty.

by Anonymousreply 115April 26, 2019 11:27 PM

[quote]I'll only miss Baranski and Metcalf as the mothers.

I agree. I also think it was brilliant to cast Metcalfe's daughter as Sheldon's mom in Young Sheldon.

by Anonymousreply 116April 27, 2019 12:01 AM

[quote]Here's a little BBT trivia. If you remember this episode of Seinfeld, George ended up having to go out on a date with the unemployment lady's ugly daughter. The actress who played the daughter was the voice of Mrs. Wolowitz.

OH

EMM

GEE!!!

Maybe Costanza's Wolowitz's dad!

That was be a brilliant twist in the finale.

by Anonymousreply 117April 27, 2019 12:04 AM

It pathetic and shocking Baranski, Metcalf and Bialik never WON emmys for their roles on the show. They are/were spectacular in BBT.

by Anonymousreply 118April 27, 2019 12:34 AM

I find Jim Parsons very attractive, almost perfect. That's why I stalk him.

by Anonymousreply 119April 27, 2019 12:44 AM

[quote] Jim Parsons does not write the show.

Did I say he did? He performs the character you know. He doesn't just stand there and read the lines in a monotone voice. He, like all actors, adds his own nuances to the character.

by Anonymousreply 120April 27, 2019 12:47 AM

I could watch another year. But as for money, they are all set for life with the residuals, much like the cast of friends.

by Anonymousreply 121April 27, 2019 12:50 AM

[quote] I always wondered why Cuoco gave up on gettin' Galecki's big meat every night when they were a thing.

Cuoco doesn't like the stank sleeve.

by Anonymousreply 122April 27, 2019 1:18 AM

Heh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123April 27, 2019 1:24 AM

Metcalfe won three Emmys in a row on Roseanne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 27, 2019 1:26 AM

Watch her birth control, Johnny!

by Anonymousreply 125April 27, 2019 1:32 AM

My favorite Amy scene. So UNAmy-like

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126April 27, 2019 1:42 AM

Someone upthread speculated that Cuoco and Parsons don't get along. I found this clip of Parsons winning a Golden Globe and Cuoco's genuinely happy for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127April 27, 2019 3:22 AM

[Quote] Metcalfe won three Emmys in a row on Roseanne.

Yes and she should have won a 4th for BBT.

by Anonymousreply 128April 27, 2019 3:31 AM

r116 r124 METCALF, not Metcalfe.

by Anonymousreply 129April 27, 2019 4:12 AM

I caught a fairly recent rerun last night. So Bernadette birthed some chirruns that are never seen and Raj is engaged to an unattractive Indian girl?

by Anonymousreply 130April 27, 2019 2:51 PM

The one thing this show did wisely was to refer to the kids, but never make them a part of the show.

by Anonymousreply 131April 27, 2019 3:24 PM

I know the woman that played Bernadette had a baby in real life. They probably had to write in one of the pregnancies to accommodate her. I stopped watching the show years ago but remember a headline about her having a baby. Whoever said the show turn into friends is dead on. At least their jobs are believable and if anything they’re living below their means

by Anonymousreply 132April 27, 2019 10:13 PM

[quote]Even the writers are woreout

“Woreout”?

Fuck.

The writers are WORN OUT. The show WORE OUT its welcome.

by Anonymousreply 133April 27, 2019 10:17 PM

Johnny's penis is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE !!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 134April 28, 2019 1:09 AM

Still looking for people to verify that the actors that play Raj and Leonard are actual jerks and not just rumors

by Anonymousreply 135April 28, 2019 1:22 AM

[quote]Johnny Galecki was excellent playing a rent boy in The Little Dog Laughed on Broadway. Plus, for such a little guy, he's hung like a horse.

Apparently you've never seen a horse.

by Anonymousreply 136April 30, 2019 5:31 PM

Johnny Galecki = show-er

by Anonymousreply 137April 30, 2019 5:33 PM

[quote]Johnny Galecki = show-er

And five foot tall. Average looks big on a small frame.

by Anonymousreply 138April 30, 2019 9:35 PM

Galecki knocked up his 21 year old girlfriend. Nice job dumbass. Vasectomies should be a given after you make a certain amount of money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139May 4, 2019 3:18 AM

Why does that bother you so r139? They probably want the kid and will certainly be able to support it.

by Anonymousreply 140May 4, 2019 3:24 AM

[quote]Penny is supposed to be the sexy one but a lot of straight guys think Bernadette is sexier. She is genuinely stacked along with the librarian glasses.

This bi guy, agrees with the straight guys. Bernadette is extremely SEXY. Penny isn't ugly in any way, and I wouldn't turn down a chance with her, but she just is not as sexy as Bernadette.

by Anonymousreply 141May 4, 2019 3:36 AM

R140 the kid is her meal ticket for the next 2 decades. He’s an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 142May 4, 2019 4:47 AM

R139 is just jealous that the 21 years old girlfriend will get a five to six figure child support check for the next 18 years. Getting pregnant while dating a rich, ugly guy is basic gold digger 101. Kaley's ex-husband was probably super pissed that he couldn't have babies.

by Anonymousreply 143May 4, 2019 5:54 AM

I agree that the first 5 years were probably the best and funniest. I stopped watching after all the nerds suddenly had girlfriends and moved in with them and had babies. I think in real life people like Sheldon, Raj and Wolowitz would probably end up alone. Leonard is the only one with some social skills and who I could see with a gf or wife (but definitely not a hot one like Penny).

Shows usually lose their appeal when they add babies and serious gfs/bfs.

by Anonymousreply 144May 4, 2019 6:06 AM

[quote]Galecki knocked up his 21 year old girlfriend. Nice job dumbass. Vasectomies should be a given after you make a certain amount of money.

Couldn't help it, he is so huge he was across the room at the time.

by Anonymousreply 145May 4, 2019 1:30 PM

Parsons skipping Broadway this summer to film last summer's "Boys In The Band".

by Anonymousreply 146May 6, 2019 7:00 PM

Thursday is the finale.

by Anonymousreply 147May 12, 2019 6:00 PM

Mayim should have been nominated for Blossom.

by Anonymousreply 148May 12, 2019 6:04 PM

Did you guys catch last Thursday's episode? Howard and Raj finally had their lovers moment at the airport.

by Anonymousreply 149May 12, 2019 6:10 PM

[quote]Thursday is the finale.

Lucky fucking bitches.

by Anonymousreply 150May 12, 2019 6:30 PM

I liked Stuart's GF's roommate...

by Anonymousreply 151May 12, 2019 8:12 PM

[quote]The show had it's run

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 152May 12, 2019 9:16 PM

[quote]the eugoogly scene

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153May 12, 2019 9:17 PM

Do any of them need any more money?

OP, I have zero sympathy for any of them.

by Anonymousreply 154May 12, 2019 9:18 PM

R37, ahem!

by Anonymousreply 155May 12, 2019 10:33 PM

[quote] I always wondered why Cuoco gave up on gettin' Galecki's big meat every night when they were a thing.

Cuoco likes the ladyham. She's bearded in the past.

Galecki is either gay or bi/heteroflexible and plays otherwise for his career. He knocked up the latest GF, but nothing in any of that precludes him from having a few twentysomething jocks bouncing up and down on his horsedick, as they've been doing for years.

by Anonymousreply 156May 12, 2019 10:38 PM

R156: pure fiction, pure bullshit or pure fantasy. You decide.

by Anonymousreply 157May 12, 2019 10:56 PM

R157, I’ll take all three.

by Anonymousreply 158May 12, 2019 11:08 PM

[quote]OP, I have zero sympathy for any of them.

I don’t think they’re looking for your sympathy, nor do they care.

by Anonymousreply 159May 12, 2019 11:09 PM

Won't be seeing Blossom, mean Amy.

by Anonymousreply 160May 12, 2019 11:13 PM

If you like his character so much you can still watch him on Young Sheldon.

by Anonymousreply 161May 12, 2019 11:41 PM

Unless they move fast, Raj will end the series as a bachelor.

by Anonymousreply 162May 13, 2019 12:01 AM

12 seasons is more than enough. Jim Parsons said, its better to leave on a high that wear out your welcome. All the main cast including Mayim aka Amy and Melissa aka Bernadette will do more than fine. residuals and residuals and more residuals.

i've always had a crush on Jim Parsons ass Sheldon Cooper and fantasized about running into him at the gym....in the locker room...naked...horny and hard!

by Anonymousreply 163May 13, 2019 12:08 AM

They all made, I think the technical term is a "shitload" of money.

by Anonymousreply 164May 13, 2019 12:15 AM

[quote]I also think it was brilliant to cast Metcalfe's daughter as Sheldon's mom in Young Sheldon.

Holy shit! I had no idea she was related. It makes perfect sense because I always say she acts just like her as Mary Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 165May 13, 2019 12:52 AM

R157 and R158 You live in denial if you wish. That shit is hardly new news and it's nothing I made up.

by Anonymousreply 166May 13, 2019 1:12 AM

End of ‘Big Bang’ stirs debate over future of TV comedies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167May 15, 2019 2:22 AM

[quote]pure fiction, pure bullshit or pure fantasy. You decide.

It's Johnny Galecki. Nobody gives a shit.

by Anonymousreply 168May 15, 2019 2:30 AM

So when Jim Parsons wants off a show and cost the cast and crew their jobs, it’s all fine and dandy. But when Constance Wu wants off a show, it’s OMG, think about the cast and crew and how you’re taking away hundreds of jobs! Miss On Jenny at its finest!

by Anonymousreply 169May 15, 2019 3:14 AM

R169 if you cant see the difference, you're a moron

by Anonymousreply 170May 15, 2019 3:57 AM

Does he drink from the fountain of youth? The motherfucker looks younger now than he did in the first five seasons of BB. They should have quit after season six and gone out on top. The last six have been a long, slow slide into banality and phoning it in. The finale was ok. Nothing special. Amy is the one who should have been pregnant. That would have brought Sheldon’s character arc full circle.

by Anonymousreply 171May 17, 2019 5:29 AM

R169 must be retarded. LOL

by Anonymousreply 172May 17, 2019 5:34 AM

I've always hated this try hard show.

by Anonymousreply 173May 17, 2019 5:36 AM

Galecki was on Kelly & Ryan this week and pinged through the roof- complete with 'indoor scarf'. Maybe he's ready to let his rainbow flag fly now; he's rich, and it's not like he's up for matinee idol roles.

by Anonymousreply 174May 17, 2019 5:37 AM

I watched them on Colbert and Parsons looks better than any of them. Even Amy looks better with the new hairdo and the weight loss. The rest of them look busted. I mean really bad.

by Anonymousreply 175May 17, 2019 5:45 AM

Well, with his money, I’m sure he can afford the best skin care and dermatologists.

by Anonymousreply 176May 17, 2019 5:47 AM

And rentboys.

by Anonymousreply 177May 17, 2019 5:59 AM

r97 you made me laugh

by Anonymousreply 178May 17, 2019 9:10 AM

I watched the finale (first episode since about season 9) because I heard about the Buffy cameo. If I didn't know that was a series finale, it would've felt like just another episode. Nothing felt "finale"

by Anonymousreply 179May 17, 2019 9:30 AM

[quote]Maybe he's ready to let his rainbow flag fly now; he's rich, and it's not like he's up for matinee idol roles.

It's Johnny Galecki. Nobody gives a shit.

by Anonymousreply 180May 17, 2019 11:20 AM

I can see Chuck Lorre pulling another spin-offs or two out of this.

by Anonymousreply 181May 17, 2019 12:39 PM

[quote] If I didn't know that was a series finale, it would've felt like just another episode. Nothing felt "finale"

Honey, it's Hollywood. Nothing is final.

by Anonymousreply 182May 17, 2019 12:47 PM

I also read somewhere that it was initially Galecki that wanted to leave the show, but Parsons seems to be getting the blame.:

[quote}“It’s both as complex and as simple as just feeling innately that it was time,” the actor said. “It speaks to a lot of things, none of them bad. There is no negative reason to stop doing Big Bang. It felt like we have been able to do this for so many years now, it doesn’t feel like there is anything left on the table. Not that we couldn’t keep doing it, but it feels like we’ve chewed all the meat off this bone. I guess at a personal level, it feels like the right time in my life. I don’t know what’s next for me. It’s not like there is something specific I am aiming for. I’m firmly in my middle age now. I don’t know how much longer I can wear [the T-shirts] without looking really long in the tooth. In a way, it’s exciting. What is this next chapter of life? What is this next chapter for all of us? It will be very, very sad when it does end, even knowing [I am] okay with it. People are okay when they graduate but there are frequently tears at graduation. It’s hard to say goodbye to people that you have worked with for so long.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183May 17, 2019 1:28 PM

I'd wear t-shirts as long as they were paying me the amount they were paying him.

by Anonymousreply 184May 20, 2019 4:08 PM

Only Bialik and the woman who plays Bernadette don't have a mountain of cash. They actually weren't making nearly as much as the others were.

—Anonymous

reply 11

Didn't Bialik make her money from "Blossom"?

by Anonymousreply 185May 20, 2019 4:36 PM

R184 yeah but he doesn't seem Johnny Depp-stupid when it comes to money so he has plenty to live on for the rest of his life

by Anonymousreply 186May 20, 2019 6:38 PM

In terms of being typecast, Parsons had the most to lose. He's had some success outside of the show, but he's known for being the uptight nerd in everything he does. Even when he did that cartoon movie with Rhianna a few years ago, his character was an uptight nerd.

He should "pull a Daniel Radcliffe" and appear nude on Broadway or star in edgy indie films so that people can at least have something else in mind other than "Sheldon" when his face appears onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 187May 20, 2019 7:06 PM

[quote] End of ‘Big Bang’ stirs debate over future of TV comedies

In 1959 and 1960 there were rumblings in the television industry that situation comedies were dead and had no future. Then in 1961 "The Dick Van Dyke Show" made it's debut. By its second season, the show's popularity had skyrocketed and joining it that year was the first season of "The Beverly Hillbillies". By 1969, sitcoms where thought (again) to be on their way out, and within two years, "All In The Family" and "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" revitalized the genre.

It's all cyclical.

by Anonymousreply 188May 20, 2019 7:32 PM

I've only seen Jim Parsons in a couple of things outside of TBBT. He was good in that movie Hidden Figures, where he played a sort of villain character. But when he hosted Saturday Night Live a few years ago, it certainly appeared too me that he had very limited range, and that he was very lucky to have landed the role of Sheldon Cooper. He's set for life, so he doesn't need to worry about whether or not he ever gets hired again. But if he does get cast again, I suspect he'll get the role of the overly nervous, fussy, awkward, effeminate man ... because that's the only role he can play convincingly.

by Anonymousreply 189May 21, 2019 3:38 AM

[quote]If I didn't know that was a series finale, it would've felt like just another episode. Nothing felt "finale"

Couldn’t agree more with this. I was surprised. Except for the speech at the Nobel ceremony, which wasn’t even all that great, I’d ordinarily be looking for it on the schedule next week.

by Anonymousreply 190May 21, 2019 10:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!