Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Noah Wyle on hating new co-stars on ER

... especially Goran Visnijc and Kellie Martin. I guess you can admire his honesty and he does seem genuinely sorry about how he acted. I'm surprised none of the co stars down the years have ever spoke about what an ass he was. It's not like he was that great an actor. I'm sure Alex Kingston would have taken no shit from him when she joined. I've been in her company a few times and she says it how it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110September 11, 2020 3:03 AM

It smacks of "I used to be conceited, but now I'm perfect."

It's the worst kind of humble brag there is.

by Anonymousreply 1April 24, 2019 8:29 PM

Maybe Noah was being nasty because he was still hurting over his break up with George Clooney?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 1, 2020 11:44 PM

He's acknowledged that he was a dick to Kellie Martin before.

by Anonymousreply 3September 1, 2020 11:48 PM

I guess George's schmooze everyone tactic didn't rub off on Noah.

by Anonymousreply 4September 1, 2020 11:50 PM

Noah was gorgeous back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 5September 2, 2020 12:28 AM

If I was on a dreary show like that I'd just hang myself in my dressing room.

by Anonymousreply 6September 2, 2020 12:39 AM

He is SO gorgeous looking in OP's photo. He may have been the perfect man.

I also loved Goran Visnijc, but couldn't stand that they paired him with Abby.

Kellie Martin was OK. Her exit was shocking

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 2, 2020 12:43 AM

I've always found Kellie Martin insufferable but other people seem to like her. For a while, she got job after job.

However, she got canned from ER after two seasons. Was it Wyle's doing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 2, 2020 12:51 AM

Kellie asked to be let go. She hated being on ER. She was going through a rough time and the tension on the show didn't make it any better.

by Anonymousreply 9September 2, 2020 1:10 AM

In r8 vox link, Martin talks about her real life sister dying of lupus a week before starting the E.R. gig. So Noah Wylie was a complete dick to her while she was freshly grieving her sister’s untimely death.

by Anonymousreply 10September 2, 2020 1:11 AM

Did you even read the article, r7? I really don't think they would listen to the Wyle, the bitch of the set, for anything regarding how the show went.

She really is one of the most underrated actors. I always liked her bookstore mystery movies on Hallmark with the Mod Squad guy.

by Anonymousreply 11September 2, 2020 1:11 AM

He hurt his own career because of his insecurity. He got a reputation as being a dick on-set and that stopped him from getting better parts.

by Anonymousreply 12September 2, 2020 1:15 AM

What has Noah done lately? How is he earning money?

by Anonymousreply 13September 2, 2020 1:30 AM

He sure isn't aging well. Yikes! Pretty rough.

by Anonymousreply 14September 2, 2020 1:31 AM

[quote]What has Noah done lately? How is he earning money?

He most recently played a gay dad on a CBS series that was cancelled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 2, 2020 1:35 AM

[quote]"I was hard on people that were coming into the show like Erik Palladino (who played Dr Dave Malucci)"

Palladino deserved it. He was the worst TV actor who wasn't Jon Seda on Homicide: Life on the Street.

by Anonymousreply 16September 2, 2020 1:40 AM

Kellie didn't ask to be let go, R9. That was a PR line at the time.

She's said in multiple recent interviews, including the ones at R7 and R8, that they came to her with the death storyline and she took it as being fired.

by Anonymousreply 17September 2, 2020 1:41 AM

[quote]she took it as being fired

And she should have, because she was annoying as hell!

by Anonymousreply 18September 2, 2020 1:43 AM

The whole show was repetitive! the storylines were recycled over and over for the private lives of the staff. Drug addiction, someones pregnant and not married, secret affair with coworker, mysterious homeless guy disappears and WE HAVE TO FIND HIM etc, etc.

by Anonymousreply 19September 2, 2020 2:19 AM

I didn’t quite get through all of the Hollywood Reporter interview, but he’s not really as insufferable as he appears at first glance. He’s got the self awareness that most of us gain with maturity, and he’s has a decent career.

And he was gorgeous on ER, my favorite (George who?), and he certainly wasn’t the only cast member to act like an ass. Seemed like part of the culture there.

by Anonymousreply 20September 2, 2020 2:47 AM

[quote]I've always found Kellie Martin insufferable but other people seem to like her.

I'm with you.

Whatever you do, don't read her book.

by Anonymousreply 21September 2, 2020 2:53 AM

[quote] He’s got the self awareness that most of us gain with maturity,

Oh please, Mary.

I was self aware enough at [italic]12[/italic] to know not to behave as badly as he did; and he was much, much older than that.

He fully got what he deserved. You're clearly just trying to excuse his selfishness and insecurity because he was cute back then.

by Anonymousreply 22September 2, 2020 4:09 AM

Your post seems to undercut your claim of maturity R22, but you be you.

Only problem with your theory is I thought Wyle was attractive on ER, but didn’t know of his particular antics at that time. I’m less interested in his appearance now, and am just learning how he behaved earlier in his career via the Hollywood Reporter article linked in OP’s post. So your claims of his attractiveness somehow impacting my opinion is without merit.

Tell me, have you worked on your critical thinking skills since age 12? Methinks not.

by Anonymousreply 23September 2, 2020 11:06 AM

Noah’s face has developed an almost reptilian look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 2, 2020 11:24 AM

Noah in r24 would be the obvious first choice to play Jared in the "The Most Wonderful President Who Ever Lived—Me!" Trump biopic.

by Anonymousreply 25September 2, 2020 12:00 PM

He looks like an Anthony Perkins that got left on the stove.

by Anonymousreply 26September 2, 2020 12:34 PM

I used to love ER. My god, I used to JO and think about him every day.

by Anonymousreply 27September 2, 2020 12:43 PM

R19 it did get repetitive, but for about the first 5 seasons it was pure gold, and it was still watchable for about 5 more after that.

by Anonymousreply 28September 2, 2020 1:06 PM

I never found it that good a show. NBC had recently canceled two shows I actually liked, A Year in the Life and I'll Fly Away, and ER was nothing but a hospital procedural in comparison to those fine dramas. For a brief while, I preferred Chicago Hope, which started the same season, in the very same timeslot, but on CBS.

by Anonymousreply 29September 2, 2020 1:18 PM

I will legitimately say they had a pretty strong final season. The actual finale was absolutely terrific.

by Anonymousreply 30September 2, 2020 1:27 PM

I could never watch Chicago Hope; god, I hated Mandy Patinkin - just the sight of him - on that show.

ER was "must watch" TV before HBO/Netflix took over - and Kelli Martin *was* annoying, but that was her job to take over as the eager beaver med student once Carter aged out of that role. I suppose in the era of #MeToo, it's better to out yourself as a dick rather than have your co-workers do it for you.

by Anonymousreply 31September 2, 2020 1:28 PM

[quote] I could never watch Chicago Hope; god, I hated Mandy Patinkin - just the sight of him - on that show.

Lol, why?

by Anonymousreply 32September 2, 2020 1:34 PM

[quote]I could never watch Chicago Hope; god, I hated Mandy Patinkin - just the sight of him - on that show.

I tired of it eventually. Patinkin-wise, the "pants" thing was so annoying. But Geiger's replacement, Kate Austin, was so annoying, not even terminally hot Billy Kronk could make me sit through.

by Anonymousreply 33September 2, 2020 1:34 PM

He looks better with a beard (seen here in the movie Shot from 2017)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 2, 2020 1:40 PM

I only ever liked the first few season's of Grey's, I never understood ER's appeal, even though it had one of my soap faves, Sherry Stringfield.

by Anonymousreply 35September 2, 2020 1:51 PM

R33 what is the pants thing? You’ve got me curious.

by Anonymousreply 36September 2, 2020 1:56 PM

r36 Jeffrey Geiger used to walk around in his underwear. He had what we now call misophonia, triggered by the sound of his pants legs rubbing together. It made me wonder if Kelley suffered from the same condition, and conducted meetings in his subtrou.

by Anonymousreply 37September 2, 2020 1:59 PM

I'm assuming he steered clear of corduroys, r37.

by Anonymousreply 38September 2, 2020 2:01 PM

Quarter Roys

by Anonymousreply 39September 2, 2020 2:26 PM

Whatever happened to Eriq LaSalle?

by Anonymousreply 40September 2, 2020 9:36 PM

R40 he mainly directs now (he directed around 10 episodes of Chicago PD in the last 2 years)

by Anonymousreply 41September 2, 2020 9:50 PM

He's gotten exactly the face he deserves.

Ichabod Crane's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 2, 2020 9:54 PM

Thanks r41.

by Anonymousreply 43September 2, 2020 9:56 PM

That head-bobbing thing that George Clooney did in every scene of ER would have bugged me a lot. Wyle should have got pissy about that.

by Anonymousreply 44September 2, 2020 9:57 PM

My sister was best friends with Kellie Martin in early elementary school (K-3 or so). She was acting even then (I seem to recall) and was EXACTLY like you'd expect an annoying wanna be STAH. Diva for days.

by Anonymousreply 45September 2, 2020 9:59 PM

[quote]Whatever happened to Eriq LaSalle?

He directs episodes of Dick Wolf's Chicago shows.

by Anonymousreply 46September 2, 2020 10:02 PM

ER?

I thought that show ended years ago.

by Anonymousreply 47September 2, 2020 10:04 PM

It was good the first few seasons and started to go downhill when Sherry Stringfield left. I really couldn’t stand that lesbian Kerry Weaver character and wish she would have been killed off.

by Anonymousreply 48September 2, 2020 10:21 PM

Noah as John Carter was so great during the first 6 or so seasons. As the student, he excelled at playing both the comedic scenes and the dramatic moments. But once his character graduated to the mentor/leader role, he became quite insufferable (Anthony Edwards deserved kudos for being able to do this without ever appearing patronizing or condescending). His acting got worse as the series progressed. However I did see him in that CBS show last year where he played a gay teacher and he was very good.

by Anonymousreply 49September 2, 2020 10:53 PM

Is this Sherry Stringfield? Slide to see the 2/2 pic.

She’s not wearing makeup but she looks ancient.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 3, 2020 2:00 AM

I saw his name and thought, who the fuck is that? So I looked at his IMDb. He has something like 50-60 credits! So I scrolled it knowing I would surely find something he was in so I could place him.

I found one thing. Donnie Darko. And I don’t remember him in it, at all.

by Anonymousreply 51September 3, 2020 2:08 AM

[quote] My sister was best friends with Kellie Martin in early elementary school (K-3 or so). She was acting even then (I seem to recall) and was EXACTLY like you'd expect an annoying wanna be STAH. Diva for days.

While I appreciate the gossip, I can't hold against someone how they behaved in the third grade. That's ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 52September 3, 2020 5:05 AM

Noah is only 49 years old. How could his face changed so much @ R24 ?

by Anonymousreply 53September 3, 2020 5:19 AM

Anthony Edwards’ son is an actor and openly gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 3, 2020 5:20 AM

I loved ER, but they should have ended it with season 8 after Anthony Edwards and Eriq La Salle left.

by Anonymousreply 55September 3, 2020 5:25 AM

R52, guessing you didn't grow up in or around LA. It's teeming with young kids who've been told by their mom/manager/agent/pimp that they have what it takes to make it and develop the requisite ego to make everyone know this is the case (and Kellie and my sister were friends in the 80s - when when the industry was a thousand times worse than I'm assuming it it today.).

by Anonymousreply 56September 3, 2020 5:28 AM

I hope Anthony Edwards' son is on Propecia now.

His dad's luscious locks fell out in about ten seconds in his 20s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57September 3, 2020 5:29 AM

R57 I still thought he was fuckable on ER.

by Anonymousreply 58September 3, 2020 5:31 AM

Wrongful death lawsuit filed for nurse Wendy. She was in the first few seasons of the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59September 3, 2020 5:45 AM

He was all of 23 years old when he started on ER which was an immediate smash.

Success like that at such a young age no doubt results in a huge ego, which would make anyone difficult to work with.

by Anonymousreply 60September 3, 2020 5:45 AM

R31 the only thing worse than Mandy Patinkins acting is his singing . Like boiled ham going through a meat grinder

by Anonymousreply 61September 3, 2020 6:02 AM

Oddly enough Mandy is Noah’s godfather.

by Anonymousreply 62September 3, 2020 6:05 AM

[quote]Oddly enough Mandy is Noah’s godfather.

Well that explains how he acquired the diva behavior.

He was so cute and after a while his looks became the only reason I tuned in.. I guess I admire his acting a little more now, as I'd never have guessed good Dr. Carter was behaving so badly off-camera. Sadly, he is now a pretty rough 49.

by Anonymousreply 63September 3, 2020 6:25 AM

It's not hard to imagine an egotistical actor picking on a young no-name actress fresh out of drama school but Kellie Martin was a star in her own right by the time she starred on ER. She had been a child star on a very successful show (Life Goes On) and had starring roles on numerous shows after it ended. She surely deserved a little respect from an actor with a much shorter resume. She was a good actress too, and I recall her character on the show was very popular.

by Anonymousreply 64September 3, 2020 7:30 AM

[quote]How could his face changed so much @ [R24] ?

He appears to have gone to Jared Kushner's plastic surgeon.

by Anonymousreply 65September 3, 2020 7:35 AM

Kellie Martin played every single one of her characters the same: A precocious, uptight know-it-all with a stilted way of speaking.

She was about as versatile as Audrey Landers.

by Anonymousreply 66September 3, 2020 7:36 AM

If I wanted to watch TV series with gorgeous actors, I'd rather tune in for the BBC or SBS, not those dull broadcast networks.

And Noah, oh please, stop fluffing your small, mutilated dong on DL.

by Anonymousreply 67September 3, 2020 8:05 AM

I wonder if there's a support group for all these idiots who left their shows in their prime. They probably have a dartboard with Ellen Pompeo's picture on it.

by Anonymousreply 68September 3, 2020 12:35 PM

Whoa. This is unfortunate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69September 3, 2020 1:19 PM

I saw that "chip on his shoulder" quote. One of my friends is a friend of hers since Yale undergrad, and he told me around 2001 that she said Wyle hated her in part because she went to Yale. "Oh I could have gone to Yale if I wanted" he reportedly said to her.

by Anonymousreply 70September 3, 2020 1:37 PM

OMG he looks terrible. He's only 49. Jesus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71September 3, 2020 1:39 PM

Unrecognizeable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 3, 2020 1:40 PM

^^ Wyle looks like he's been ill.

by Anonymousreply 73September 3, 2020 1:59 PM

Except for wonderful George, who like me has never heard any of the ugly rumours about Harvey, I've never heard of any of the other people mentioned in this post.

by Anonymousreply 74September 3, 2020 2:04 PM

He had a cute little ass, though.

by Anonymousreply 75September 3, 2020 2:04 PM

When I lived in LA, I only heard good things about Kellie

by Anonymousreply 76September 3, 2020 2:07 PM

Whoa. He almost looks terminally ill at R72's post. His worst feature by far is his sharp, beaky Grandpa Munster nose. I found it distracting then -- now it's just taken over his face.

by Anonymousreply 77September 3, 2020 2:14 PM

He could be a velociraptor in the new Jurassic World movie.

by Anonymousreply 78September 3, 2020 2:28 PM

I envy Noah’s first wife. She had him while he was still good looking and probably got half of his ER 💰 too.

by Anonymousreply 79September 3, 2020 3:02 PM

And his dong, r79. Wanting to eat Dr. Carter's dong was the only thing that kept me watching that C- program.

by Anonymousreply 80September 3, 2020 3:06 PM

He was in a pretty funny short series with Queer As Folk's Scott Lowell called "Adoptable"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81September 3, 2020 3:10 PM

Listen to you petty little queens.

You'll all have breakdowns when you hit 50.

To add to the drama, I'm gonna buy each and every one of you a full length mirror for your Birthday.

by Anonymousreply 82September 3, 2020 3:22 PM

I do give Wyle credit for not getting fat and for keeping his hair.

But otherwise.... ewwww. This is not someone I would pay to see in front of a camera, not ever.

by Anonymousreply 83September 3, 2020 3:27 PM

Some of us aren't white and/or stay out of the sun, R82.

by Anonymousreply 84September 3, 2020 3:27 PM

He looks pretty good in r81’s link. That was 4-5 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 85September 3, 2020 3:36 PM

Pfffft, Noah's small potatoes, I was the biggest cunt on the set of ER!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86September 3, 2020 3:53 PM

The show was great through Season 4 and Maria Bello and Alex Kingston were nice additions to the cast. Here’s the clip of the S4 cast on The Rosie O’Donnell Show.

They wrote a great and fresh character for Alex to play in particular. She and Eric LaSalle had a dynamic chemistry (until he nixed it). After that they paired her up with Anthony Edwards with whom she had zero chemistry and over time they made her character into a screaming and shrill Frau Doctor.

I was bummed when Maria Bello decided to exit. And I hate dumping on Kellie Martin but her introduction to the show was really the beginning of the end in terms of the show’s quality. With Season 5 (her first season) they started introducing ludicrous storylines like the one where guest star Mare Winningham played a Fatal Attraction type lunatic posing as the head of the ER.

Another thing that led to the show’s decline was the shift in tone that happened around Season 7. The earlier seasons had a nice mix of dramatic and comedic medical cases and storylines but they gradually did away with the comedic plots ( I blamed Scrubs for this which started around this period and was on the same network). And with the absence of comedy the actors/actresses who played the nurses/administration staff were no longer given anything to do and reduced to a few lines per episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87September 3, 2020 4:51 PM

[quote]They wrote a great and fresh character for Alex to play in particular. She and Eric LaSalle had a dynamic chemistry (until he nixed it).

Why did he nix it?

by Anonymousreply 88September 3, 2020 5:00 PM

Because he wanted his character to be with an African American woman.

by Anonymousreply 89September 3, 2020 5:21 PM

I am an acclaimed actress, not a shark jumped as in a circus sideshow.

by Anonymousreply 90September 3, 2020 5:37 PM

Hey, I’m friends with an actress who worked with Julianna on a series and she really liked working with her. I was surprised to hear that but she insists it was all extremely positive and would work with her again any time (and this actress is in demand).

by Anonymousreply 91September 3, 2020 6:00 PM

I swear, and I’m not sure when or where I read it, that kellie Martin had a really hard time with the medical terminology and performing fake procedures, which is one of the reasons she was killed off. I can’t remember if she said it, or if it came from someone else on the ER set.

by Anonymousreply 92September 3, 2020 6:35 PM

Kellie said that Alex Kingston took it the hardest and couldn’t get through her final scene with her.

by Anonymousreply 93September 3, 2020 6:48 PM

Took her character’s death the hardest ^

by Anonymousreply 94September 3, 2020 6:49 PM

How could a Yale grad have trouble with terminology?

by Anonymousreply 95September 3, 2020 7:19 PM

Umm, President "Nucular Strategery" Bush was a Yale grad.

by Anonymousreply 96September 3, 2020 11:21 PM

I swear there was gossip years ago — maybe a Ted C blind item everyone guessed was Wylie — that he abused his first wife and moved to a remote place in California to isolate her from family and friends. He does seem to have anger issues.

by Anonymousreply 97September 4, 2020 12:03 AM

Are any tasteful DLers going to make an offer on Anthony Edward's UES Penthouse?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98September 4, 2020 12:41 AM

No takers on Anthony's penthouse?

by Anonymousreply 99September 4, 2020 4:55 PM

Kellie Martin is a sweetheart in real life. Beyond supportive. Ego free. A treasure. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 100September 4, 2020 5:06 PM

"Enough" is on Lifetime right now. Only thing besides E.R. I have ever seen him in. This movie never gets old.

by Anonymousreply 101September 5, 2020 5:03 AM

So basically, Wyle is an insecure man who knows his talents are limited and despises everyone around him for being more gifted so he makes their lives hell?

What does Ming Na Wen have to say about him?

Funny, not knowing anything about him, I had always wondered if she originally left the show because of him. No idea why I would have thought that.

by Anonymousreply 102September 5, 2020 5:29 AM

Also, give Martin some credit. She survived working with Patti and took a knife to Tori Spelling!

by Anonymousreply 103September 5, 2020 5:30 AM

I didn’t mind Ming Na on the first season of ER but when she came back she was plain awful. She had one go-to: shaking her head disapprovingly when things weren’t going her well for her character, which was most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 104September 5, 2020 7:30 AM

What about Linda Cardellini, did he get along with her?

by Anonymousreply 105September 7, 2020 1:07 AM

Just once I'd like to see a producer call in the vet and say, 'hey, we hear it's not working out with the new players and you; we're going to roll the dice and stick with them; you're fired."

Just like the ice cream shop owner canned Marcia Brady and kept Jan on as the employee.

by Anonymousreply 106September 7, 2020 1:18 AM

r106

I wish I could give you more than one WW for the Marcia/Jan comment.

LOL.

by Anonymousreply 107September 7, 2020 2:07 AM

Have to give Goran credit for not kicking Noah's ass. Whatever happened to Goran anyway?

by Anonymousreply 108September 11, 2020 1:32 AM

He's done a few TV series. Most recently on Amazon's The Boys.

by Anonymousreply 109September 11, 2020 1:37 AM

Goran was one of the villains on the time travel series Timeless, 2016-2018.

After that, he was on the Santa Clarita Diet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110September 11, 2020 3:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!