Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Christianists, please explain your idiotic cult.

If your fictional Jesus hadn't been crucified, he wouldn't be your savior. He'd just be another dead Jew. So why blame a gay guy 2018 (fictional) years later for it?

And why do street theatre protests, when theatre is gay, and non-Christian? And isn't mocking your (fictional) "Lord" blasphemy?

And what about...?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 26, 2019 11:11 PM

The more they pull this shit, the more they alienate younger generations. So in the long run, this is a win for us.

by Anonymousreply 1April 17, 2019 6:34 PM

I’m so kind! So loving! Now worship me or else you’ll burn in Hell for all eternity!

by Anonymousreply 2April 17, 2019 6:35 PM

I have a question: since Jesus had no desire for women, was He a sexual minority?

by Anonymousreply 3April 17, 2019 6:41 PM

The article points out that Terry has run in the past to be the Democratic nominee for president. He may be trying to gain support for another run by denigrating the competition for the Christian vote.

by Anonymousreply 4April 17, 2019 6:47 PM

Such superstitious nonsense. How do otherwise intelligent people actually believe any of that bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 5April 17, 2019 6:49 PM

Well, R4, his playing Satan in a driveway improv is a great start.

by Anonymousreply 6April 17, 2019 7:43 PM

At least he wasn’t a pedophile like in another religion.

by Anonymousreply 7April 17, 2019 7:54 PM

Is that Mel whipping our Mayor Pete? (In OP’s pic)

by Anonymousreply 8April 17, 2019 8:00 PM

Donald Trump commits a dozen sins before breakfast!

And that's before he gets to the crimes!!!

by Anonymousreply 9April 17, 2019 8:14 PM

Hold up this is gonna be a good one lemme grab a snack🏃

by Anonymousreply 10April 17, 2019 8:16 PM

We’re supposed to love each. That’s it. Practically everything else is non sense.

by Anonymousreply 11April 17, 2019 8:19 PM

What's truly astounding is how these Xtianist Kunts think they can threaten a war veteran. Pussies like Randall Terry should just be clocked in the throat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 17, 2019 9:30 PM

Discussion of religion in any light is terribly boring and drawn out at this point.

by Anonymousreply 13April 17, 2019 9:38 PM

Well, it's determined several elections which effect your "bored" life, R13. Perhaps you should take up knitting.

by Anonymousreply 14April 17, 2019 10:05 PM

Almost an in-kind contribution to Pete's campaign. The theatrics just bring more attention.

by Anonymousreply 15April 17, 2019 10:45 PM

Most of the posters above are generalizing. In addition, the expression of hatred by the posters above is despicable.

Don’t mimic the people you hate.

by Anonymousreply 16April 18, 2019 1:11 AM

Please do share which expressions of “hatred” you find most “despicable”, r16.

by Anonymousreply 17April 18, 2019 3:25 AM

R16, normally I would agree with you — but I also think that pointing out the dripping, oozing, pussing hypocrisy of these people is....fair?

by Anonymousreply 18April 18, 2019 3:41 AM

R18, it’s like judging all Gay people based on the hate-filled posts here. Judgmental, mean, indiscriminate, simplistic. If there are individuals you hate because of their actions, that’s at least understandable, but “Christians” are over 2 billion people in very diverse denominations. Many of the churches in my neighborhood fly rainbow flags out front. And the Catholic Church has an official position on Gays which is ignored by many of their religious orders, including their largest.

Don’t mimic the people you hate.

by Anonymousreply 19April 18, 2019 4:55 AM

In general, human beings have a vast appetite for delusion. Add in a common fear of death and the unknown, an ingrained culture of credulous authoritarianism, superstition and ignorance, and you have the biggest con of all mankind.

by Anonymousreply 20April 18, 2019 6:08 AM

You've got it all wrong. carrying crosses /being whipped was the preferred aerobic exercise in that era

by Anonymousreply 21April 18, 2019 6:14 AM

A zombie and an anthropomorphized rabbit; colored eggs and chocolates! What's not to love?

by Anonymousreply 22April 18, 2019 6:16 AM

R21 is right. It's actually where the term Crossfit originated.

by Anonymousreply 23April 18, 2019 6:16 AM

Whipping has been the in thing for at least 3,000 years

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 18, 2019 6:28 AM

Bitch, please! If you had met Pete at a bar and tried to hit on him but got turned down you'd be the first one yelling "crucify him!".

by Anonymousreply 25April 18, 2019 6:34 AM

I was explaining Easter to a co-worker from India who came over to the U.S. for a few weeks. I also included the part about the Easter Bunny and Easter Eggs. He thought I was making it all up. I asked him to go online and look it up. Another co-worker told me that everyone who lived before Jesus was in hell. Also in hell are all the popes, Jews, Buddhists, etc. because they were not Baptist. One of my cousins firmly believes that God created everything around 6,000 years ago. Amazing!

by Anonymousreply 26April 18, 2019 6:49 AM

You can't lump all Christians together any more than you can lump all of Christianity together.

There will always be reasonable, harmless Christians who mind their own business, and, unfortunately, there will always be the sort of assholes referred to in OP's post.

Don't confuse one group for the other.

by Anonymousreply 27April 18, 2019 6:59 AM

quote[I also included the part about the Easter Bunny and Easter Eggs.]

That's a secular custom. I don't know why you'd try to lump that in with religion.

by Anonymousreply 28April 18, 2019 2:03 PM

This is why Catholicism is the only acceptable form of Christianity bar in the Orthodoxs. We'd never do this shit!

by Anonymousreply 29April 18, 2019 2:07 PM

Which shit in particular are you claiming exemption from? Because there's a lot of different denominations causing a lot of different shit.

And, of course, you never hear from the quiet, non-toxic churches.

by Anonymousreply 30April 18, 2019 4:21 PM

Kill the nonbeliever wherever you find him.

Ooops! Wrong thread!

by Anonymousreply 31April 18, 2019 4:34 PM

The problem is [italic] people, [/italic] not Christians. I wish you’d think for five minutes about that. It’s PEOPLE.

by Anonymousreply 32April 18, 2019 4:49 PM

People are awful. They should be banned.

by Anonymousreply 33April 18, 2019 4:49 PM

Yeah, this makes a lot of sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 18, 2019 4:55 PM

Christianity bar in the Orthodoxs < where exactly is this bar?

by Anonymousreply 35April 18, 2019 5:04 PM

"harmless Christians "

Oxymoron

by Anonymousreply 36April 18, 2019 6:40 PM

This is why Christianity is dumbed-down for the masses.

by Anonymousreply 37April 18, 2019 7:10 PM

Anyplace where christianity is the mainstream culture inevitably becomes homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 38April 18, 2019 7:11 PM

If you're not actively decrying the deranged antigay "leaders" and loudmouths of your faith, you're not "harmless." You're complicit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 18, 2019 7:26 PM

R36 indeed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 18, 2019 8:45 PM

OMG, he was so hot in that. Thanks, R40.

by Anonymousreply 41April 18, 2019 10:18 PM

Hahahahaha R40 it's been years and I still just die at Tony Vincent 4:39 into 'Heaven'. He just did not want any of that French bitch Jerome Pradon stealing his THUNDAH and bumping him down to supporting cast.

by Anonymousreply 42April 18, 2019 10:27 PM

[quote] R39: If you're not actively decrying the deranged antigay "leaders" and loudmouths of your faith, you're not "harmless." You're complicit.

The term “Christian” is used to lump over 2 billion people into one group; however, there are hundreds, maybe thousands of varieties of Christians. For hundreds of years, they were busy trying to kill each other, so I have no idea what you’re getting at. Pat Robertson is the “leader” of a group that is so irrelevant in New England that I don’t even know what group that is.

by Anonymousreply 43April 19, 2019 2:38 AM

An American walks into a Belfast pub. Before the bartender will serve him, he asks the American what religion he is. The American senses a trap, so he says “I’m an atheist.” The bartender replies, “Aye, but are you a Catholic atheist, or a Protestant atheist?”

by Anonymousreply 44April 19, 2019 2:43 AM

As a child, we were told to be very quiet at 3:00 pm on Good Friday as it is when our Lord passed away. My Mom went to Church often, almost every day. When no one was looking, she dusted the Votive candle holder, which of course, otherwise went decades without dusting. I wish I asked her what else she did to occupy her time, she has since passed.

I think the “quiet” admonishment was just an excuse to get some quiet for once, haha.

She was a young Church lady before she became an old Church lady. She went to Church twice on VJ Day, otherwise not knowing what to do.

Well, may the world, and DataLoungers, be a bit better tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 45April 19, 2019 4:13 PM

This Pagan bitch would like some amends made and some justifications given. Hop to it, now!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46April 19, 2019 9:39 PM

"... be very quiet at 3:00 pm on Good Friday as it is when our Lord passed away. "

This is a charming example of complete Xtian idiocy. Even if he had existed, Jeebus would have died at 3pm on the other side of the planet, 12 or so hours ahead/behind wherever such an inane naive mother and R45 would have been sleeping.

by Anonymousreply 47April 23, 2019 9:32 PM

R47, you realize that European royalty today often celebrate their birthdays in the Spring, Summer, or Fall, since that’s the best time for their people to celebrate, and the literal date of their birth is completely immaterial? Do you celebrate your own birthday at the very second listed on your birth certificate?

Likewise, the exact time, or day, of the crucifixion is not what’s important. It’s the respectful recognition of the event. Something that would have been completely wasted if observed at 3 am NYC time. Don’t be so literal. It’s small minded,

If you are incapable of understanding that, it’s you are are hopelessly beyond idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 48April 24, 2019 12:07 AM

Lovely, R48. Dismiss any shred of historical accuracy to accommodate "royalty," them denigrate any non-believers in your Christ-fetish lunacy.

"It doesn't matter when he was born or died," meaning, it also doesn't matter that the Druid and Pagan holidays and shrines Catholics and early Christians slapped on top of earlier holidays and beliefs was not a genocidal culture rape.

" the exact time, or day, of the crucifixion is not what’s important."

Nor is its existence to deluded Jesus-fetishers.

Calling someone who doesn't believe made-up fables about zombies in caves as "hopelessly beyond idiocy" is inconsistent at best.

But what can one expect from smug conceited fools like R48, who defend fairy tales as fact?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49April 24, 2019 10:09 PM

R47/R49, you are a dishonest debater. It’s something people do when they can’t win on the merits. In R47, you refer to “complete Xtian idiocy”, but then you complain in R49 when you are responded to in kind, as if you’re an innocent victim instead of an instigator. You maintain a childlike understanding of Christianity, and I think you have to, to support a simpleton’s interpretation that makes it easy for your to deride.

The Catholic Church, for one, is well aware that the dates that we celebrate the holiest religious dates are not the literal dates that the events originally occurred. Especially given the inaccuracies in the Julian Calendar and the corrections required to switch to the JuIan Calendar. What matters is that we set aside time to recognize the days for what they are, be they on the Roman calendar, Orthodox calendar, or other.

by Anonymousreply 50April 25, 2019 5:24 AM

Keep gnashing your teeth over the lies upon lies of your "faith." A bunch of buttfucking monks took over the calendar in 1205 or whenever, which is unfortunate.

The point from above, which got you all bent out of shape, was showing how your (or someone else's) Mommy told a full-on lie using religion to shut up her kids.

The average church-goer isn't aware of the truth of made-up religious timetables, and most dumbass Xtians think the earth is 6000 years old. You're not smart people.

You're still bubbling with hypocrisy, and THIS (see link) is exemplary of your fellow believers in Zombie Jesus:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 25, 2019 7:07 PM

R51, you’re generalizing again. Some Christians are idiots, ergo, all Christians are idiots. That is your argument. And it’s the stupidest argument simpletons can make. Except perhaps the next one...

Your example is just one man who stands to represent nobody. There are idiots everywhere, you’ve found one. Congratulations. The world is full of them. Look in the mirror for another.

You seem to be getting stupider, or the smarter trolls have stopped posted, but you are uneducable. In parting, you do not know how illogical, nonsensical, and wrongheaded you are.

by Anonymousreply 52April 26, 2019 2:37 AM

You keep trying to insult people who refuse to believe the total bullshit of the Virgin Birth, Resurrection and all the other lies as "simpletons" and "idiots."

You are the defensive simpleton. Jesus did not exist. His story was stolen from half a dozen deities who actually existed centuries before Constantine made him up like a sloppy buffet/God to placate the crazies bent on destroying Rome.

by Anonymousreply 53April 26, 2019 10:07 PM

" illogical, nonsensical, and wrongheaded " = Christians defined, inadvertently, by a Christian.

by Anonymousreply 54April 26, 2019 10:08 PM

Also, YOU are the troll, dear R52 etc. This is my thread, and you are the one droning on with G-rated insult attempts, while deliberately avoiding my Original Post: "Defend your stupid religion."

You clearly can't and won't, so you troll me. You have nothing but a zombie fairy tale.

Go back to the bitcoin crapfest you commented on. You seem a bit more informed about that equally bullshit topic.

by Anonymousreply 55April 26, 2019 11:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!