Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Eric Swalwell running for president

Yeah baby !!!!

A young GenXer just one year older than Mayor Pete(A Millennial. Not afraid to troll Fox News and follow Republicans to their chambers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165July 8, 2019 7:02 PM

Literally every white guy Democrat has entered the race. Good for them! We need more white guys in politics.

by Anonymousreply 1April 8, 2019 11:54 PM

This guy is a Millennial? I thought he was about 55.

by Anonymousreply 2April 8, 2019 11:54 PM

LOL He looks so old for his age.

by Anonymousreply 3April 8, 2019 11:55 PM

I like Eric Swalwell, and he's kind of cute.

But how many more people are going to enter the Democratic race?

by Anonymousreply 4April 8, 2019 11:57 PM

[quote]This guy is a Millennial?

He's a Gen Xer. He is 38.

by Anonymousreply 5April 8, 2019 11:58 PM

Relax, in 2016 there were 19 Republicans entering the race.

by Anonymousreply 6April 9, 2019 12:09 AM

He's not going to get far. He sounds boring and inauthentic.

by Anonymousreply 7April 9, 2019 12:15 AM

What does he really have to offer that the others don’t?

by Anonymousreply 8April 9, 2019 12:18 AM

[quote]He sounds boring and inauthentic.

How so?

by Anonymousreply 9April 9, 2019 12:19 AM

[quote] What does he really have to offer that the others don’t?

Unless it's a large cock he's willing to share, I'm not interested.

by Anonymousreply 10April 9, 2019 12:20 AM

[quote]What does he really have to offer that the others don’t?

The same could be asked about a lot of the others.

by Anonymousreply 11April 9, 2019 12:23 AM

He’s bold and intelligent. I want a President who is smarter than me! Not like that dope we have today. I know more about him from his principled stands, than I do about one of my own Senators, because he’s active in challenging Trump .

by Anonymousreply 12April 9, 2019 12:29 AM

He’s dull and I’m from California. So far my pick is Mayor Pete.

by Anonymousreply 13April 9, 2019 12:33 AM

[quote]Unless it's a large cock he's willing to share, I'm not interested.

Look at his huge hands. Undoubtedly he's got the goods, cock-wise.

by Anonymousreply 14April 9, 2019 12:35 AM

R13, I'm from California, too, and don't want Kamala or Eric.

by Anonymousreply 15April 9, 2019 12:35 AM

I'd like to be sandwhiched between him and mayor Pete

by Anonymousreply 16April 9, 2019 12:36 AM

The field can be reduced, as far as I'm concerned, to Kamala, Pete B, Beto, Julian, and Swallwell.

When is the first debate? Undoubtedly they will start to drop out after that.

by Anonymousreply 17April 9, 2019 12:37 AM

R17, you forgot our next President, Tim Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 18April 9, 2019 12:40 AM

no Biden, Beto, or Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 19April 9, 2019 12:40 AM

R18 poor Tim Ryan. Forgotten already.

by Anonymousreply 20April 9, 2019 12:41 AM

Let him run, there is always room for one more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 9, 2019 12:42 AM

Eh, wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 22April 9, 2019 12:42 AM

R21...Fuck off, Boris!

by Anonymousreply 23April 9, 2019 12:44 AM

Tim Ryan, the poor man's Sherrod Brown?

No thanks

by Anonymousreply 24April 9, 2019 12:46 AM

Great! We didn’t have nearly enough candidates to ultimatly divide us and hand that orange asshole another 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 25April 9, 2019 12:47 AM

The only relevant candidates are Warren, Harris, Buttigieg, and O’Rourke.

by Anonymousreply 26April 9, 2019 12:52 AM

I just saw Eric Swallwell eating at a restaurant in Midtown yesterday. At least the guy I saw really looked like him.

by Anonymousreply 27April 9, 2019 12:56 AM

Sorry, I meant *Swalwell*

by Anonymousreply 28April 9, 2019 12:57 AM

Didn’t O’Rourke call Netanyahu a racist today? He may as well back out now (or show his nudes to redeem himself).

by Anonymousreply 29April 9, 2019 12:58 AM

At least he's old enough. I used to like Mayor Pete, but now he's sucking up all the air and funding from other dems. Of course, the lazy and shallow media is having great fun while Pete's spouse jokes about decorating, when asylum seekers and children are being separated and effectively tortured a few miles down the road. But, carry on.

by Anonymousreply 30April 9, 2019 1:01 AM

Pete should muzzle the spouse, like Beto did.

by Anonymousreply 31April 9, 2019 1:02 AM

R29, yeah, Beto needs to be careful about weighing into Mid East politics, or he'll ruin his chances.

R30, you can't blame Pete for the media's failure to properly cover other issues.

by Anonymousreply 32April 9, 2019 1:04 AM

He reminds me of Barney Rubble

by Anonymousreply 33April 9, 2019 1:30 AM

Originally from Iowa:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 9, 2019 1:32 AM

He was really thin on Colbert.

by Anonymousreply 35April 9, 2019 1:33 AM

Good Lord, can we get some decent looking candidates??

by Anonymousreply 36April 9, 2019 1:33 AM

Cher wants him on the ticket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 9, 2019 1:36 AM

Everything's fucking theatre.

by Anonymousreply 38April 9, 2019 1:37 AM

Well, if Cher says so . . .

by Anonymousreply 39April 9, 2019 1:37 AM

The Three Stooges are now complete: O'Rourke, Spartacus and Swalwell.

by Anonymousreply 40April 9, 2019 1:37 AM

Cher is an alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 41April 9, 2019 1:38 AM

R36, this is not a beauty contest.

Sure it would be nice to have a gorgeous guy running, but what matters is whether we can find someone who can beat Trump.

by Anonymousreply 42April 9, 2019 1:38 AM

R42.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 9, 2019 1:41 AM

R32, both of them had the press eating from their hands. He could have moved on to more serious comments.

by Anonymousreply 44April 9, 2019 2:23 AM

Mentally or physically, R35?

by Anonymousreply 45April 9, 2019 2:23 AM

he's kind of a straight bro version of Buttigieg, not as well spoken but he seems like his heart is in it

by Anonymousreply 46April 9, 2019 2:33 AM

Nick Pappas ✔ @NickAPappas

Finally, we got what the people wanted: “Beto with less charm.”

Donna Brazile ✔ @donnabrazile

Welcome candidate #101

Cameron Gray ✔ @Cameron_Gray

Eric Swalwell is the New Coke of Ford Pinto's

by Anonymousreply 47April 9, 2019 5:45 AM

Donna Brazile can sit her fat ass down. We don't need to hear SHIT from her, thank you very much.

by Anonymousreply 48April 9, 2019 10:34 PM

Eric has been on msnbc a lot and comes accross well spoken and very bright. The more candidates the better...........it might make it harder for the democratic party elites to rig the primary like they did in 2016.

Eliz warren is a terrible public speaker and generates zero enthusiasm, Biden is an idiot, Booker isnt married, Beto is a phony, the gay one cant win, Sanders had his shot and is old news and too rough around the edges etc etc.......in other words a lot of the so called front runners have serious issues........Swalwell is the real deal.

by Anonymousreply 49April 9, 2019 10:57 PM

I will not listen to any one saying shit about "no more white male candidates" or "Beto is over" or "Where are the good looking candidates" or "Biden is too old" or other nonsense.

We have a fucking great, phenomenal group of Dems running. We have more who will announce. Look at what our party has to offer. All of these wonderful candidates show what a vital, diverse, (add other great adjectives) the Democratic party is. Our party has all the interesting people. I am so proud to be a Democrat. Compare to the GOP candidates last time and the difference is stark. Even our lower tier candidates are amazing.

The only hard part about having such an amazing party with amazing candidates is how hard it is on us to decide. Can we have them all on a rotating basis?

by Anonymousreply 50April 9, 2019 11:09 PM

I totally agree with R50 regarding the scope of candidates and certainly any of them would be infinitely better than tRump. But whomever is THE nominee also HAS to be able to beat tRump.

by Anonymousreply 51April 9, 2019 11:25 PM

If I go just by looks, he gets my vote.

by Anonymousreply 52April 9, 2019 11:27 PM

Born in the Midwest (Iowa) in 1980 = cut cock.

In case anyone was about to ask the cut/uncut question.

by Anonymousreply 53April 9, 2019 11:28 PM

He’s not goodlooking.

by Anonymousreply 54April 9, 2019 11:28 PM

Fuck that, r50. People get too attached to their favorites, and if he/she doesn’t win the primary, they pout and vote independent or write in. I wish there were one super candidate that everyone could get behind. Maybe he/she will emerge.

by Anonymousreply 55April 9, 2019 11:30 PM

I'm only interested if his cock is running

by Anonymousreply 56April 9, 2019 11:36 PM

Does he swallow well?

by Anonymousreply 57April 9, 2019 11:38 PM

LMAO R33

by Anonymousreply 58April 9, 2019 11:46 PM

He'd be a great VP choice for Kamala except they're both from CA.

by Anonymousreply 59April 9, 2019 11:51 PM

I'd still let him destroy my hole

by Anonymousreply 60April 9, 2019 11:52 PM

R60 = Pete Buttigieg

by Anonymousreply 61April 10, 2019 12:00 AM

He's as exciting as watching paint dry.

by Anonymousreply 62April 10, 2019 12:03 AM

R55 They do and that is why I said I am not listening to anyone down another candidate. I will not allow someone to divide us like last time. Champion your candidate and all but I won't listen to others demean about the attributes of another candidate. It is great to become attached to candidates. It will be brutal this time because we have so many great ones who appeal to so many in different ways 99% of us are bound to be a bit disappointed but we must keep our eye on the prize. For instance, I already see the divisive anti-Biden talking points. But if he wins the primary he wins it. Most of the other candidates are young enough they will have another shot down the line. We have an embarrassment of riches so if your fave does not get the prize this time, rejoice, because they have a bright future regardless. We likely have several future Presidents in this line up already.

by Anonymousreply 63April 10, 2019 12:04 AM

Congress was busy today. John Kerry battled STUPID on climate change. They argued that since he has a political science degree, he really isn't a scientist. It was painful to watch. I'm haven't always been a huge fan of Kerry's but he was very articulate. Maybe he could end up on a ticket as a VP. Kamala/Kerry might be interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 10, 2019 12:08 AM

Excuseme, but how in the world are we going to be able to have debates with this many candidates? I want to be able to see thoughtful candidates like Mayor Pete and Senator Warren obliterate idiots like Beto and Booker.

by Anonymousreply 65April 10, 2019 12:14 AM

I will say ( I sound like Meg Mc), but Kerry has been impressing me for a long time now. I wish this Kerry was running in 2004 even though I really like him and he was the first Pres I was able to vote for ( I was 19). Kerry has sounded really good in all his appearances now for well over a year. We have way better people to pick as VP BUT depending on who get the top spot, I could possibly see Kerry as VP.

by Anonymousreply 66April 10, 2019 12:47 AM

Wow, R64! That Rep. from KY is a real idiot.

by Anonymousreply 67April 10, 2019 12:51 AM

[quote] Excuseme, but how in the world are we going to be able to have debates with this many candidates?

I bet I know

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 10, 2019 1:01 AM

[quote] Relax, in 2016 there were 19 Republicans entering the race.

And look how that turned out.

by Anonymousreply 69April 10, 2019 1:01 AM

The DNC was saying you have to have a minimum of 65,000 donors? Anyway they have some criteria for who gets to go to the debate in June. They may have a two tiered debate, with one group for 90 minutes then another group. But honestly some of these people are not going to make it. Inslee, Castro, and two or three others are having a hard time.

by Anonymousreply 70April 10, 2019 1:05 AM

R69, Yep. People looked at it like a reality show, and picked the one who said the most outrageous things and brought the most entertainment value.

People get overwhelmed when there are too many options.

by Anonymousreply 71April 10, 2019 1:05 AM

Swallowswell literally brings nothing to the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 72April 10, 2019 1:07 AM

Swalwell has a great future. He may be president one day but whether it is 2021 or not, he is another great candidate to add to our fantastic slate. That speaks volumes about how our party is and how we represent everyone.

Who does the GOP have? Haley? Their semi-interesting candidates are flukes in their party. Dems have a deep bench and we haven't even had all of the candidates announce yet.

by Anonymousreply 73April 10, 2019 1:10 AM

[quote]I will not listen to any one saying shit about "no more white male candidates" or "Beto is over" or "Where are the good looking candidates" or "Biden is too old" or other nonsense.

I'm over people saying shit like the 2016 primary was "rigged."

I have stated my boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 74April 10, 2019 1:16 AM

[quote]I'm haven't always been a huge fan of Kerry's but he was very articulate. Maybe he could end up on a ticket as a VP

Why not just have Biden/Kerry, and make it a full rehashed-losers ticket?

Democrats do love to give their failed candidates a second and even third shot to impress.

by Anonymousreply 75April 10, 2019 1:16 AM

Would the party accept a Biden/ Bernie ticket? A moderate/progressive compromise.

by Anonymousreply 76April 10, 2019 1:19 AM

R76, no, either of them needs a younger ticketmate. Probably also a women.

by Anonymousreply 77April 10, 2019 1:22 AM

R76 They should accept whatever the primary dictates. I am not going for purity or the attributes of the candidates. If it ends up being two old white guys, or two women, or two persons of color, or what the fuck ever, Dems are the party of the future. Our party is full of interesting, diverse people who all have great futures. I know it seem counter-intuitive to possibly have two white, maybe old, males at the top but if that is what emerges then so be it. The others will have their time as most of them are young.

by Anonymousreply 78April 10, 2019 1:25 AM

He’s from Sac City, Iowa- that’s sooo hot!

by Anonymousreply 79April 10, 2019 1:32 AM

He doesn't have a chance in hell

by Anonymousreply 80April 10, 2019 1:34 AM

Swalwell isn't gonna do well at all. This is becoming a joke. In some cases these politicians need to move out of their bubble and their narrow circle of fans and look at this whole thing rationally. You need to do a poll. You need to find out how many people know who you are? He's too bland.

by Anonymousreply 81April 10, 2019 1:44 AM

Is there any site that lists whether a candidates stock is rising or falling? Bernie and Mayor Pete seem to be on the ascent. Biden and Kamala have kind of stabilized. Beto and Booker seem to be falling.

by Anonymousreply 82April 10, 2019 1:51 AM

The "more the merrier" contingent doesn't know what they are talking about. Every psychological study of human beings says that the more choices we are given, the worse the final decision and the higher likelihood that people will just check out because they are overwhelmed. This is stupid. They should have put a deadline on announcing. Anyone announcing after February is on an ego trip. They looked at a field of amazingly qualified and diverse candidates and said, "Nah, I'm better than ALL of them!". Fuck them.

But, the biggest problem with all of them is that it's going to give Bernie the goddamn nomination by default because he can hold a certain percentage of his 2016 Bernbro cult and win everything because the 20 other fucking candidates are splitting the votes up in every primary. We're going to end up with a candidate supported by 15% of the Democratic party taking the whole thing and then trying to beat Trump who gets 90% of the Repug party. Even though there are more of us overall, no Democrat wins that way. There will be too much animosity.

by Anonymousreply 83April 10, 2019 1:57 AM

Look, Reality is going to come crashing in very soon. To run a campaign you need money. Without it, you will fail. A great social media plan will only get you so far. You have to hire staff, and the professionals don't come cheap. You need a team to do scheduling and advance work, you need a voter relations team to maintain contacts with your supporters, you need to recruit volunteers...and give them something to do. You need to do a really good polling operation. Focus groups, campaign themes, etc. What they need to do right now is simultaneously maintain a presence on social media, and do the not sexy work of going to town halls and listening to people and talking to people. They more they connect with voters the better they will perform in the early primaries. And that will tell the tale. Many will fall by the wayside. The first debate is in June. After that the polls will show which candidates connected. BErnie is probably the only candidate out here who will not be graceful and conciliatory. He will continue to be divisive right up to election day in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 84April 10, 2019 2:27 AM

But, R84, who's going to determine much of that. Right now, the media seems to be deciding who will be able to get enough attention to be able to get the money and hire the staff, etc. The media is picking our candidate by paying attention to pretty much only the white males and, occasionally, Kamala and Warren.

by Anonymousreply 85April 10, 2019 2:33 AM

[quote] BErnie is probably the only candidate out here who will not be graceful and conciliatory. He will continue to be divisive right up to election day in 2020.

No surprise there

by Anonymousreply 86April 10, 2019 2:42 AM

He is fantastic, probably the one with the biggest potential of the young ones.

by Anonymousreply 87April 10, 2019 2:42 AM

I like the video clip on the OP. His nervousness is obvious as he recites a speech he had memorized. I give him an A+ for adorability. I’ve seen him on TV and he’s a bright guy, and doesn’t shy from challenging Turnip.

by Anonymousreply 88April 10, 2019 2:43 AM

The media is really the problem, just like they were last year and ever since Trump was sworn in as POTUS. Our entire political system is based on the two party system. We aren't like a lot of other Republics with 6 parties and coalitions and Prime Ministers calling for elections. And because systemically we're so invested in that structure, our institutions do everything they can to reinforce it and maintain it. Which is where I was going earlier, in another thread, when I spoke about how the media has perpetuated this myth of normalcy in what is now the Republican Party even though it has now become a fringe party of extremists. The media legitimizes the and allows the MAGAs to feel like it's OK to embrace their extreme beliefs and say this is what a Republican stands for.

by Anonymousreply 89April 10, 2019 2:43 AM

Embracing white males? Yeah, and one is gay. He is getting his attention because he deserves it. He has earned it. Beto has earned it because he nearly unseated Cruz in Red Texas. He actually built a network where Texas may turn blue sooner than later. Biden is getting attention for obvious reasons. Bernie because of last election cycle. Other than that, there aren't a lot of "others" to pay attention to. Kamala is getting love. Warren gets a lot of coverage. The rest are not polling high enough and never did even with a small field.

Yes, the media is problematic but many of these candidates will fall off due to lack of money soon enough. They are auditioning for VP.

by Anonymousreply 90April 10, 2019 2:47 AM

[quote] I give him an A+ for adorability

Adorability gets puppies adopted. Not candidates elected president.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91April 10, 2019 2:59 AM

[quote]Excuseme, but how in the world are we going to be able to have debates with this many candidates?

I assume the Dems will do what the Repubs did.

Have groups of candidates debating ever other, and then have another group do the same. They won't be able to have all the candidates on stage together the first time, so they will have to alternate who's in the debates.

by Anonymousreply 92April 10, 2019 3:00 AM

There’s something about his face that looks unnatural, like he’s had work done.

by Anonymousreply 93April 10, 2019 3:10 AM

[quote] Would the party accept a Biden/ Bernie ticket? A moderate/progressive compromise.

My guess is it will be Sanders/Harris.

Not ideal, but we may have to accept it.

by Anonymousreply 94April 10, 2019 3:13 AM

I would loathe Bernie being the nominee but I will absolutely support him and vote for him. I wouldn't say a bad word about him.....until after the election. We cannot have purity. It will never happen in our party. We are too diverse.

by Anonymousreply 95April 10, 2019 3:20 AM

Another ugly Dem candidate comfortable sharing a platform with bigots.

by Anonymousreply 96April 10, 2019 3:21 AM

[quote]Adorability gets puppies adopted. Not candidates elected president.

I would totally adopt him. Or Pete.

Bernie, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 97April 10, 2019 3:25 AM

[quote]how in the world are we going to be able to have debates with this many candidates?

There will be a kids' table.

by Anonymousreply 98April 10, 2019 3:26 AM

No, R98. The Democrats are specifically avoiding that. They will have multiple debates but who is in each one will be random.

Even with that, though, I think having ten candidates all on the stage at the same time is still going to be terrible. Everyone will just be jockeying to stand out by trying to get in one zinger because no one is going to remember who said what with all of them on stage together. I think the field needs to be narrowed before the debates begin. Right now, there are already 11 who have qualified for the debates based on fundraising and polling. Five+ more will probably get there and we could have up to 20 candidates. That's too many.

by Anonymousreply 99April 10, 2019 3:33 AM

I think he will get some people to talk about some important topics like gun control. What he is really doing is getting a higher profile so he can run for Senate when a seat becomes available.

by Anonymousreply 100April 10, 2019 3:43 AM

Julian Castro was on MSNBC tonight. Wow. Stammering, dull, milquetoast, unprepared and not ready for prime time. Bye.

by Anonymousreply 101April 10, 2019 4:04 AM

Julian is a POC. That's the only thing that matters.

by Anonymousreply 102April 10, 2019 4:06 AM

Sanders isn't going anywhere until he releases his taxes. Like Trump, he's hiding something or he would have released by now. The Dems are soon going to be crying out for transparency with the Mueller Report and Trump's taxes. No way will we accept Bernie not releasing his taxes.

by Anonymousreply 103April 10, 2019 5:00 AM

R103, Bernie claims he will release his taxes on Monday.

He says people should be prepared for the fact that he's a millionaire since he wrote a "best-selling book".

by Anonymousreply 104April 10, 2019 5:43 AM

Is he gay? I like the gay one.

by Anonymousreply 105April 10, 2019 6:36 AM

R105, I believe Swalwell is on his 2nd marriage to a woman and has a couple kids.

by Anonymousreply 106April 10, 2019 6:40 AM

I like Swalwell. He's a good guy to have on our team. That said, I don't know if he's ready to be president but has as much right to run as anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 107April 10, 2019 12:34 PM

I’ll support him if he is our candidate. Just no Biden or Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 108April 10, 2019 12:38 PM

[quote] My guess is it will be Sanders/Harris. Not ideal, but we may have to accept it.

A losing ticket

by Anonymousreply 109April 10, 2019 9:39 PM

I don't know if there is much appetite for trading one crazy old white man for another. Women and minorities in the democratic party are pretty tired of old, white men.

by Anonymousreply 110April 10, 2019 10:52 PM

What I despise about Sanders, is that he should have withdrawn his candidacy when it was clear that he couldn’t beat Hillary, and then he should have given a strong endorsement of Hillary to his followers.

by Anonymousreply 111April 10, 2019 11:00 PM

Bernie has crazy eyes - they look like they roll around in his head.

by Anonymousreply 112April 10, 2019 11:01 PM

Any ticket with Bernie on it is a losing ticket. Biden has to get in this thing to knock Bernie off. If we have a Biden HArris ticket or a Biden Warren Ticket it will win. No doubt in my mind. I like Klobuchar but she's dull. Minnesota dull. And she would be like Tim Kaine.

by Anonymousreply 113April 10, 2019 11:03 PM

Tim Kaine was a disastrous choice. Sarah Palin was a bigger disaster. I never would have picked Pence but Trump was pandering to the religious right. The right VP choice is crucial. Harris would be a better choice than Warren. Biden/Warren would be like Meet the Grandparents. I have my doubts either woman would agree to be second fiddle. Heard today in the 2 runs Biden made he won no primaries - is that true? Yikes. It's very early. Still betting on Mayor Pete. Think about who can stand up to Trump in debates. Biden? Not sure - don't think so. Sanders - no way. Mayor Pete is SMART and will run circles around Trump. I don't like being an ageist but it's time for smart young blood. Watching the Barr hearings this week - JM&J! - Pelosi 80 years old, Nita Lowey 80+ years old, Auntie Maxine, 80 years old, and the list goes on.

by Anonymousreply 114April 10, 2019 11:42 PM

R114 I hear you. I love Maxine and Nancy Pelosi, and Lowery. But in general, especially with the men, the older generation doesn't have the fire or the aggressiveness that the new younger members of the House have.

by Anonymousreply 115April 11, 2019 2:22 AM

I thought TIm Kaine was “ok” of a pick. Hillary would have lost Virginia without him.

by Anonymousreply 116April 11, 2019 2:29 AM

Not necessarily, R116.

Kaine probably helped Hillary's margin in Virginia, but it's been trending blue for the past decade.

Obama won it twice, it has a Democratic Governor, and 2 Democratic Senators.

Hillary was leading in Virginia even before she picked Kaine:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117April 11, 2019 2:43 AM

I think Kaine was picked for the sex factor.

by Anonymousreply 118April 11, 2019 2:45 AM

Hillary BARELY won Virginia. I'm certain Kaine helped justthismuch and tipped it to her.

by Anonymousreply 119April 11, 2019 2:47 AM

Actually, Hillary won Virginia by a bigger margin than Obama did in 2012.

Hillary won Virginia by 5 points (5.3%).

Obama won Virginia by 3 points in 2012 (3.88%).

by Anonymousreply 120April 11, 2019 2:49 AM

God, some of you are stupid as shit. HRC won Virginia by more than Obama did in '12 as was pointed out. Where do you get your fucked up assertions she would not have won it without Kaine? Virginia fucking BLUE now. Fuck off.

Stop with the "Dems don't want old white guys anymore" bullshit. We want who we want and WE will decide. If it ends in 2 white guys, then that is what WE decide.

Also, Pelosi has been fierce as fuck. How can ANYONE say we would be better off without her? Who could have played Pres Bone Spurs better? She owned his ASS more than once so much so they don't even want to try to go through the House for anything.

Some of you smell of Vodka.

by Anonymousreply 121April 11, 2019 3:29 AM

I want him in me, quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 122April 11, 2019 3:33 AM

Love him. He is the most qualified one of the Gen X Democrats along with Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 123April 11, 2019 3:40 AM

[quote] R121: God, some of you are stupid as shit. HRC won Virginia by more than Obama did in '12 as was pointed out. Where do you get your fucked up assertions she would not have won it without Kaine? Virginia fucking BLUE now. Fuck off.

For crap’s sake, calm down. There’s no rule that says that Hillary would win every state Obama won, or whatever you are implying. Is it possible that Kaine was worth 5.3% in Virginia? I have no idea, but it makes sense that he was worth something. A Southerner on the ticket usually helps throughout the South. Hillary lost Florida by 1.2%. Perhaps Kaine helped her there, though not enough.

by Anonymousreply 124April 11, 2019 3:42 AM

R124 WHHAAATTT? And Perhaps he hurt her in WI, MI and PA. My assertions are about as accurate as yours.

by Anonymousreply 125April 11, 2019 3:48 AM

R125, it’s completely unknowable. It does stand to reason that he helped her in Virginia.

by Anonymousreply 126April 11, 2019 3:55 AM

We can never know that since Virginia has been BLUE as fuck for a long time. 5 or the last 6 Govs have been Dems, 2 Dem Senators, Dems winning last 3 Prez votes........it is safe to say we will never know how much Kaine helped. So why try?

by Anonymousreply 127April 11, 2019 3:57 AM

I always wonder about people like R119 who just make proclamations based on zero actual facts when the entirety of the internet is there to verify what they are saying before they spew their nonsense all over the place. Is it just ego? Is it a white male thing? Can mansplaining just not be resisted? Mental disorder? Narcissism?

And, back on topic, Swalwell looks like a frog made out of silly putty.

by Anonymousreply 128April 11, 2019 4:05 AM

You can argue all you want but Kaine was a safe and uninspired choice. I'm a huge Hillary supporter but was very disappointed when she didn't choose a next gen and exciting candidate to run as VP. Kaine was boring as fuck and has demonstrated zero leadership in the past two years. Could have been Clinton/Holder or Clinton/Castro...any number of exciting choices she could have made but she always took the safe road.

by Anonymousreply 129April 11, 2019 5:27 AM

I want him and o’rourke! And Mayoral Pete for Secretary of State or UN Ambassador. Hot

by Anonymousreply 130April 11, 2019 5:32 AM

I think Mayor Pete would prefer to be Ambassador to Canada:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131April 11, 2019 5:34 AM

Clinton/Castro would have been "exciting"?? Fidel, maybe. Julian, nope.

by Anonymousreply 132April 11, 2019 5:34 AM

Okay, Clinton/Newsome or Clinton/Schiff. Someone with energy who would have said we're really going to do things differently.

by Anonymousreply 133April 11, 2019 5:37 AM

Pete's boyfriend is enjoying the attention on Twitter a bit too much, Pete needs to reign him in a bit

by Anonymousreply 134April 11, 2019 5:44 AM

^^^^^^^^

I fucking KNEW that nelly queen Chas was going to go over the top with Pete’s rising recognition.

by Anonymousreply 135April 11, 2019 6:42 AM

[quote] Pete's boyfriend is enjoying the attention on Twitter a bit too much, Pete needs to reign him in a bit

He's just getting started.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136April 11, 2019 6:50 AM

I hope he doesn't turn out to be a liability for Pete

by Anonymousreply 137April 11, 2019 10:48 AM

I think Virginia is right on the line, party-wise, this last decade or so. I’m not going to look it all up, but IIRC, they recently had a tie in one of their state houses which the Republicans subsequently won due to a coin toss. I think there was also another House leadership-change due to a party-defection by a single House Rep. And they had that Republican Governor who got all those gifts, bribes, actually, while in office. He was found guilty of breaking the law but got off on appeal. His AG, the loathsome Kenneth Cuccinelli, lost to Kaine for Governor, by only 2.5% of the vote.

So, I don’t think you can call Virginia “Blue”. It’s not like it’s Massachusetts or Vermont. .

by Anonymousreply 138April 11, 2019 12:15 PM

I like Eric Swalwell but FUCK his blended cabinet proposal. HELL, NO!!! Guess he needs time to mature.

by Anonymousreply 139April 11, 2019 2:08 PM

[quote]Hillary was leading in Virginia even before she picked Kaine:

She was leading in a lot of places before she decided to call voters “deplorable”, hanging out with Beyoncé, and started falling over in public.

by Anonymousreply 140April 11, 2019 2:47 PM

HIllary wanted someone who would be able to be President. She was looking for her Biden. Kaine proved to be dull as dogshit. Nicest guy in the world but painfully dull.

by Anonymousreply 141April 11, 2019 3:02 PM

I was surprised when he announced. About 3-4 months too late, and despite his articulate input on all the investigations, if he's too cautious to run on that, he's shouldn't run.

by Anonymousreply 142April 11, 2019 9:37 PM

Mayor Pete will make it further than Beto. Not sure if either will end up on the ticket, but if Pete doesn't do it this time, he'll get there in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 143April 11, 2019 9:42 PM

I was totally wrong on Kaine. I thought he would be a safe choice for Hillary, with Southern credentials and a likable personality. Instead, he screwed up his only debate with Pence, coming across as arrogant and overbearing.

by Anonymousreply 144April 12, 2019 12:37 AM

What I don't like right now is the way the media is shoving certain ones down our throats because they make good copy and get ratings while some worthwhile people are being over looked. I hate the f act that the media sets the agenda.

by Anonymousreply 145April 12, 2019 12:50 AM

[quote]I hate the f act that the media sets the agenda.

That's been the case for many decades, but is perhaps more so now.

by Anonymousreply 146April 12, 2019 1:51 AM

R145 - that is why it is imperative you go to multiple media outlets and then you decide. Read and watch everything possible. When you see a speech go to a different cable station to see what they are saying - don't just watch what you agree with.

by Anonymousreply 147April 12, 2019 11:41 AM

California Congressman and 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Eric Swalwell stunned the political world by coming out as a white man on Twitter, making him just the ninth openly white male candidate to enter the fray.

Swalwell made the announcement by telling his followers “SPOILER ALERT: I’m a white man,” and followed it with a pledge to “Ask a woman to serve as VP.”

The tweet was accompanied by a clip from Monday night’s edition of All In with Chris Hayes, in which guest host Joy Reid asked Swalwell “Why does the field need yet another, to be blunt, another white guy in the field? I mean, there are a lot.”

“I don’t think anyone’s identity should hold them back, but I think the next president should see all races, all identities, but recognize where you can’t speak for someone’s experience, and past the mic To someone who can,” Swalwell said. “I have pledged that I would ask a woman to serve as vice president. I would put forward a diverse candidate, and I would put forward policy that would make sure that inherent bias did exist, or discrimination that exists incommunities, would be eliminated, and that we would make sure everyone everywhere has opportunity.”

Swalwell isn’t the first candidate to grapple with whiteness this cycle. Former Vice President Joe Biden made headlines when a plan to pre-name Stacey Abrams as his running mate was floated, and roundly rejected by everyone up to and including Stacey Abrams.

Former Texas Congressman Beto O’Rourke has also said he would prefer to pick a woman as his running mate.

Early in his campaign, Independent Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders derided “opponents” who he claimed want “candidates who are black or white, who are black or Latino or woman or gay, regardless of what they stand for,” and said, in another interview, that considering the gender of a candidate would be discriminatory.

Swalwell’s tweet and commentary appear to validate the premise that white men are at some sort of disadvantage in the Democratic field, but as Reid noted in her interview with the congressman, it doesn’t appear to have hurt any of them in the polls.

Someone needs to step in before one of these guys tweets “Being white is not a choice.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148April 24, 2019 6:16 PM

What’s going on with his mouth? Was he in an accident or something?

by Anonymousreply 149June 4, 2019 11:09 PM

He's cute as fuck and I would finger bang him until he was ready for my cock in an instant. He's really fucking stupid though. I really want to gag him with some dirty underwear and treat him like a shitty little fuck toy for a couple of days.

by Anonymousreply 150June 4, 2019 11:12 PM

But what is going on with his mouth? It seems puffy and a little misshapen.

by Anonymousreply 151June 4, 2019 11:16 PM

The Democrats need to stop playing identity politics including during campaign season. Credentials are more important than gender.

by Anonymousreply 152June 5, 2019 1:03 AM

Maybe he had a stroke. His eyes seem normal tough

by Anonymousreply 153June 5, 2019 1:45 AM

How tall/big is he? I've never seen him standing next to someone when he doesn't look like Gigantor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 5, 2019 1:48 AM

He’s just an adorable big little-boy.

by Anonymousreply 155June 5, 2019 3:30 AM

He has discovered his own hotness or his handlers have because all his campaign photos lately have him in an open shirt, tousled hair standing there looking...passionate. I like it. He and Mayor Pete on the same ticket? Sheee-it!

by Anonymousreply 156June 7, 2019 3:04 AM

He looks special needs.

by Anonymousreply 157June 7, 2019 3:50 AM

I hope the media isn’t going to jam Eric Swalwell down our throats!

by Anonymousreply 158June 7, 2019 4:08 AM

R158 I don't think they succeeded and I didn't notice they'd tried:

"California Rep. Eric Swalwell will be the first serious presidential candidate to drop from the Democratic primary on Monday, a source familiar confirmed to TIME.

Swalwell’s campaign declined to comment, but did not deny the report. He is slated to give a press conference Monday afternoon, but the subject of the press conference had not been announced.

The 37-year-old Congressman launched his campaign this past April. He has been anointed a rising star in the House of Representatives, where he has been mentored by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. But his presidential campaign had been floundering; although he qualified for the first Democratic debate last month, his polling placed him in the bottom tier of candidates."

TIME Magazine 07/08/2019

by Anonymousreply 159July 8, 2019 6:10 PM

Eric does well in the House and expect he will have a bright future ahead of him. He is still very young!

by Anonymousreply 160July 8, 2019 6:14 PM

[quote] ...his polling placed him in the bottom tier of candidates[quote]

Get the hint, Gillibrand?

by Anonymousreply 161July 8, 2019 6:19 PM

I love that r2 was redtagged

by Anonymousreply 162July 8, 2019 6:22 PM

At 38 he already did a lot to get his name out there. It's just not his time.

by Anonymousreply 163July 8, 2019 6:49 PM

He's just not presidential material. It's almost a shame that Dianne Feinstein didn't retire. That's the torch that Swalwell should be trying to grab.

by Anonymousreply 164July 8, 2019 6:59 PM

He can take Kamala’s seat when she’s elected Prez

by Anonymousreply 165July 8, 2019 7:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!