Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Friendly reminder that the "transgender debate" is peer-reviewed science endorsed by the worlds leading health organizations

... VS. people that learned 6th grade biology and decided to call it a day

by Anonymousreply 147May 4, 2019 10:11 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 8, 2019 2:34 PM

Who get a shitload of donations for their "peer-review".

by Anonymousreply 2April 8, 2019 2:36 PM

I'll stand by the 6th grade biology

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 8, 2019 2:46 PM

Y'all like science when it suits you. When it doesn't, it's paid for bullshit. Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 4April 8, 2019 2:49 PM

This cunt again?

by Anonymousreply 5April 8, 2019 2:50 PM

Yawn.

Do the world's leading health organizations say that there is no physical difference between biological women and trannies? I don't think so. That's what most people here are actually disagreeing with you tranny fools about when we talk about issues like women's sports. Hardly anyone here takes the view that trannies can't mutilate themselves and play pretend if they so desire.

Yawn. There's another one. Time to block the tranny troll.

by Anonymousreply 6April 8, 2019 2:52 PM

You cannot change your biological sex; deal with it!

by Anonymousreply 7April 8, 2019 2:56 PM

No one cares.

by Anonymousreply 8April 8, 2019 3:22 PM

I didn't start this thread. Science says external genitalia doesn't always match internal sexuality. Actual biologists and geneticists, not 3rd grade teachers, are evaluating this. That's the science part.

For example new studies show there may be a genetic basis for transgender.

Beyond this organizations like WHO have said trans is not a mental illness.

So yup, there's a huge anti science element involved in the anti trans point of view.

by Anonymousreply 9April 8, 2019 3:26 PM

[quote]So yup, there are huge anti-logic, anti-common sense, anti-biology elements involved in the "trans" point of view.

Fixed that right up for ya.

by Anonymousreply 10April 8, 2019 3:32 PM

r9 honest questions. What's the relationship between one's gender and their sexuality?

by Anonymousreply 11April 8, 2019 3:34 PM

R11 If you'd like me to explain that for you I can give you my PayPal. Otherwise use Google. It's not my job to teach you how to be a good person.

by Anonymousreply 12April 8, 2019 3:39 PM

[quote][bold]Friendly reminder that the "transgender debate" is peer-reviewed science endorsed by the worlds leading health organizations[/bold]

More like the "transgender debate" is a front in the right-wing culture wars being waged against the transgendered by conservatives, Trumptards, alt-righters, and Russian trolls. Nobody else to speak of gives a shit; live and let live.

by Anonymousreply 13April 8, 2019 3:41 PM

Oh do fuck off r12

by Anonymousreply 14April 8, 2019 3:42 PM

r13 really enjoys living in that delusional bubble.

by Anonymousreply 15April 8, 2019 3:43 PM

R15, link to some of that so-called "peer-reviewed science," or fuck right off.

by Anonymousreply 16April 8, 2019 3:48 PM

Please take this trans crap elsewhere.

Trans persons are not gay.

Find your own place, start your own movement and start your own site.

Go away.

by Anonymousreply 17April 8, 2019 3:48 PM

R9 genitalia dont always match a persons sex?? Lol get back to me when someone with a penis accidentally gets pregnant cause they assumed they were male but actually were female cause those pesky genitals are so ambiguous

by Anonymousreply 18April 8, 2019 3:52 PM

r16, here's just one that should give you pause: a study of more than 4,000 children, starting from infancy, demonstrated that the more gender non-confirming the child, the more likely they were to grow up to be gay/lesbian. Thus, transitioning boys who would rather play with Barbies or girls who would rather play with Tonka trucks is, yes, gay erasure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 8, 2019 3:55 PM

[quote] Please take this trans crap elsewhere.

Trans persons are not gay.

The same ones who hate the trans, hate gays too, R17.

Go troll someplace else.

by Anonymousreply 20April 8, 2019 3:55 PM

R10, again, scientists are discovering some genetic sequences code for transgender.

R16, the most recent work I know of was done out of Hudson, in Australia. Published 2018. I believe that was one study I believe

Here is one paper on a different study. You can find more, if you are actually interested in actual science. Go to WHO and look.

R20 is right. The same people who hate gays, hate trans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 8, 2019 3:59 PM

Again, trans people are not gay.

The rights hard fought by gay men and women are not to be hijacked .

This is a board for gay men and women.

Troll? Hardly.

And you r20 are an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 22April 8, 2019 4:04 PM

Research at Hudson, Trans PULSE Project. Gosh, wonder who's funding them???

by Anonymousreply 23April 8, 2019 4:06 PM

The thing I've learned in studying the Transgender Lobby is that they lie all the time. Like, almost everything that comes out of their mouths/material is bullshit.

Also, that they have huge $$$ behind them - $$$ donated by corporations wanting to prove how woke they are and, because how cleverly the Transgender Lobby attached themselves to LG back in the 1990s, thinking that gay and trans' rights were inseparable.

The Transgender Lobby is redirecting the money donated for gays into changing laws on a global scale that will destroy gay rights.

Some of those corporations and individual billionaire donors will also make bank off of the Medical Industrial Complex spaying away the gay. Puberty-blockers, cross-sex hormones, endless surgery, are very expensive.

by Anonymousreply 24April 8, 2019 4:07 PM

The trans movement is astroturf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 8, 2019 4:09 PM

R21 if science does come out with a genetic test for trans, do you believe everyone should be tested as a kid and then transitioned according to test results? Or should they have a choice? What happens if someone doesnt believe in an internal gender identity, but tests positive as “trans”? What about those who are adamant about being trans despite testing negative?

I ask these questions as a detransitioned individual who feels like I was forced into believing something about myself because people convinced me my brain was not matching my body, once I detoxed from gender beliefs most of my gender dysphoria slipped away. I still have body dysphoria but I was never someone who actually thought I could transform my genitals into that of the opposite sex, and to me its no different than wishing I had a different height or athletic ability (also my body shape would never let me fully pass, even with hormones, so I couldnt even hang on to that fantasy for long)

by Anonymousreply 26April 8, 2019 4:09 PM

The genetic sequences code for transgender are most likely correlated with the genetic sequences for profound mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 27April 8, 2019 4:10 PM

It's ironic that the same straight ladies who claim all trans women are invading their sacred spaces INSIST on invading an LGBT board and harassing/trolling gays and lesbians "for their own good."

by Anonymousreply 28April 8, 2019 4:13 PM

And here comes r27, proving OP's point.

by Anonymousreply 29April 8, 2019 4:13 PM

R22, you're a Russian troll, trying to sow division between the letters in the acronym.

The Datalounge is not yours to say who can post here. Fuck right off.

by Anonymousreply 30April 8, 2019 4:16 PM

So I've been reading formerBHmanny's posts for months and now all of a sudden he's a militant anti trans troll. Did I just miss it before or is this an imposter?

by Anonymousreply 31April 8, 2019 4:17 PM

[quote]The rights hard fought by gay men and women are not to be hijacked .

Trans (i.e. drag queens, crossdressers, transsexuals in the past) were right there with us gays and lesbians in fighting for our rights.

You need to learn basic gay history from the 60s and 70s instead of making shit up in your head and pretending it's factual.

by Anonymousreply 32April 8, 2019 4:21 PM

"making shit up in your head and pretending it's factual"

Such as equating drag queens and crossdressers with trans?

by Anonymousreply 33April 8, 2019 4:23 PM

THe venn diagram of drag queens, crossdressers, transsexuals, r32, would show they don't share a lot with "trans" today

by Anonymousreply 34April 8, 2019 4:23 PM

No, R31, BH Manny, like so many others who are waking up, started examining the lies told by the Transgender Lobby.

R32 know full well that the Trans are rewriting gay history to make themselves the hero(ines) - endless posts on this very board have given examples of the Trans- Washing of gay history

And I've been involved in gay rights for decades, so I know from FIRSTHAND EXPERIENCE that there was no T in LG. There were a small % of transsexuals/transvestites/Drag Queens who grouped with gays because gays accepted them, but they weren't the heterosexual, male, autogynephiles who have taken over gay rights orgs to form Trans, Inc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 8, 2019 4:25 PM

R32 trannies from back then had no illusions that biological sex wasnt real. If nothing changed we’d welcome them with open arms. In fact I think most of us could give 2 shits about trans people who stay in their lane. But once you start invading gay sites and demanding that gender trumps actual homosexuality, we got issues.

by Anonymousreply 36April 8, 2019 4:32 PM

[quote] But once you start invading gay sites and demanding that gender trumps actual homosexuality, we got issues.

Where in blue hell are you getting that, R36? Trans issues in no way infringe upon or even touch the rights of gays in any way. But like the LGB, they are a sexual minority, hated and persecuted by the same groups. We have a common enemy.

by Anonymousreply 37April 8, 2019 4:41 PM

If transgender were a natural state then no transgender people would detransition. How do you explain detransitioners who felt as dysphoric as all other transgender people?

As a man myself, I experience no feelings of gender. I know I am a man because of my biological reality, only because of my physical reality.

by Anonymousreply 38April 8, 2019 4:41 PM

What about women's rights, r37?

by Anonymousreply 39April 8, 2019 4:44 PM

Again R24, did you look at any of the WHO studies, and of course you will dismiss the science you do not like.

"I can't understand the science, so I will yell about the institution"

Here is Hudson. See link

But please continue to grow your knowledge base, steeped in anti science rhetoric from hours of meme reading, as it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 8, 2019 4:45 PM

R38, only the goddamned conservatives, alt-righters, Trumptards and Russian trolls care about whether something is a "natural state". Their underlying antagonism is religious, and none of them ever got the memo that Aquina's 'Natural Law' is a debunked argument.

by Anonymousreply 41April 8, 2019 4:46 PM

What about them, R39? They don't happen to be part of the acronym, but that doesn't mean anyone thinks they shouldn't have rights. What's your point?

by Anonymousreply 42April 8, 2019 4:48 PM

[quote]Aquina's

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 43April 8, 2019 4:48 PM

[quote] Actual biologists and geneticists, not 3rd grade teachers, are evaluating this. That's the science part.

Agenda driven "science" doesn't always get the last word.

by Anonymousreply 44April 8, 2019 4:48 PM

R43, I was typing too fast and put the apostrophe on the wrong side of the 's'.

Aquinas'

by Anonymousreply 45April 8, 2019 4:50 PM

Don't bother arguing with the OP/ Trans Troll; instead call congress and your local lawmakers and tell them, "Do not change the definition of "sex" to include "gender identity."

Trans, Inc. is pushing the Equality Act on the federal level to do just that, but it's the laws being passed on the local level that will destroy gay rights, and engender a backlash (that has already begun) against gays.

For instance, Latino parents in Southern California are up in arms over "LGBT Sex Ed" that has started being taught in schools. Parents across the political spectrum are upset about the same in Arlington, Virginia.

Why? Because Trans, Inc., is pushing transgender ideology to kids not even in kindergarten, up to age 10. According to an OpEd in this weekend's Washington Post, Arlington and California schools are being used as a test run for Trans, Inc.

Parents don't want their kids being taught that if 4-year-old Jaysyn likes FROZEN it means he's a girl, and, like Jazz Jennings, is immediately set on a course that will lead to puberty blockers being given long before puberty and parents having no legal say in the matter.

A bunch of states have already passed gender conversion bans, meaning parents, counselors, therapists, medical personnel, must let the kid go onto puberty blockers, or face the law.

But if you don't care about gay kids lives being ruined, or your own rights, care that the GOP is all over this issue and will use it to win 2020

by Anonymousreply 46April 8, 2019 4:58 PM

It's all about money. It is sad how much "science" is tainted by soliciting more money to "prove" their stated conclusions. When politics mixes in it gets even worse.

by Anonymousreply 47April 8, 2019 5:01 PM

r32, aside from drag queens hosting/performing fund-raisers and appearing a pride events, transsexuals were not a part of the gay rights movement, as they were straight men and didn't want to be classified with perverts. That changed in the late 90s when they realized they weren't getting anywhere, so they latched onto our fight, and we mistakenly allowed them in.

by Anonymousreply 48April 8, 2019 5:02 PM

The cognitive dissonance is amazing.

You would all rather question SCIENCE - arguably the means by which we've told homophohes, "Hey, homosexuality is perfectly normal. It's found to be present among almost all animals", yet when science tells you genitalia =/= gender, you all pull out your straw man arguments. It's pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 49April 8, 2019 5:04 PM

Except...science doesn't say that.

by Anonymousreply 50April 8, 2019 5:07 PM

What is the scientific definition of gender, r49?

by Anonymousreply 51April 8, 2019 5:08 PM

Science and academia R47. Every single day I read of another "scholar" having a fit over their perceived mishandling of one transsexual issue of other. When I was younger, foaming at the mouth meant that you were in seizure or had gone rabid. It was never an issue of politics.

by Anonymousreply 52April 8, 2019 5:09 PM

I'm still waiting for some of that "peer-reviewed science" the trolls keep talking about.

by Anonymousreply 53April 8, 2019 5:10 PM

R49 Again, it isn't my job to educate you but maybe you'd like to google 'intersex'.

by Anonymousreply 54April 8, 2019 5:10 PM

Where does science prove gender as a (set of) feeling(s) to be real and experienced by all human beings? R49

by Anonymousreply 55April 8, 2019 5:11 PM

r54, intersex is not the same thing as transgender, and trust me, they don't like being lumped in with the T crowd.

by Anonymousreply 56April 8, 2019 5:11 PM

The data proves that only a tiny percent of people are transgender, yet Republicans like OP get very, very worked up over them.

The data proves that very few cis men are pretending to be trans to use women's restrooms or compete in women's sports. In fact, I think common sense would tell us that there are very, very few straight cis men who would people to think they are "not a real men" and would rather die than participate in women's sports.

by Anonymousreply 57April 8, 2019 5:13 PM

R37 I’m getting that from the amount of lesbians who are shunned or met with violence for not wanting to fuck “lady dick.” From the amount of trans men on Grindr who chase gay men and become suicidal when someone doesnt want to pet their enlarged clit. I guess you’ve never been chased out of your local LGBT group because you dared to only be attracted to someone of the same sex and was told that was transphobic. But go on, tell me how trans rights line up with gay rights while trans people trample all over gays and kick them out of their own organizations unless they comply with gender ideology full stop.

by Anonymousreply 58April 8, 2019 5:13 PM

[quote] The same ones who hate the trans, hate gays too

Nope. Actually the most lgb BACKWARDS countries support this trans madness: remember that one of the world's biggest hubs for trans surgeries is freakin' IRAN. Trans surgeries and "gender certificate changes" are LEGAL in Pakistan, Russia, Iran, etc. In Pakistan being gay is a CRIMINAL offence, whereas being a CASTRATED gay man posing as a "woman" is supported. All those places would rather "trans" all the confused young gays. It's almost a type of conversion therapy - make confused effeminate gay men into surgically mutilated "women". Like Frankenstein monsters.

And when Trans activists in Pakistan, etc get all these law changes - they don't give a heck that normal gays didn't get any protective laws at all. The Trans only care about passing laws that benefit THEMSELVES.

So the Trans Activist troll on this thread who keeps screaming about "conservatives and Russian trolls" - YOU are actually the REAL conservative and pro-Russian troll. YOU are the one supporting trans policies to mutilate and STERILISE confused young effeminate gays or turn them into "parody-women" (a practice promoted by the most anti-gay countries).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 8, 2019 5:14 PM

r58, that's funny, because I've never seen a "trans man" on grindr (in fact, most trans men are not attracted to males). I've never witnessed any of the things you mention - it's almost like you are exaggerating to make a point. Hmmmmmm.

r59, the people against trans rights IN THE US are Republicans. It's our REPUBLICAN president who banned trans people from the military.

by Anonymousreply 60April 8, 2019 5:16 PM

R60 yes, because you haven’t personally seen it means this does not happen at all. Foolproof argument, I guess you win.

Maybe if you opened your eyes and saw what was happening we could reach a middle ground. I want trans people to be happy, they deserve human rights just as anyone else. But once you start encroaching on other groups and not giving 2 shits about anyone but yourselves, well, that be comes much harder to support.

by Anonymousreply 61April 8, 2019 5:19 PM

Right, R60. And it's the Russian trolls who get behind and promote everything our REPUBLICAN president says and does.

No matter how much camo they throw up, the Russian trolls on this board cannot conceal who they are.

by Anonymousreply 62April 8, 2019 5:19 PM

R61, the plural of anecdote is not data.

by Anonymousreply 63April 8, 2019 5:20 PM

r60, I've seen them on Scruff. And I've seen lesbians harrassed for expressing their aversion to cock as being transphobic bigots. Open your eyes.

by Anonymousreply 64April 8, 2019 5:20 PM

R62 Is it fun being that naïve?

by Anonymousreply 65April 8, 2019 5:21 PM

R32 - were you there in the 60s and 70s ? I was there in the 70s ( marches, meetings, protests etc ) and also through the 80s and the AIDS epidemic and, apart from one or two individuals, trans people were not there. No fault of their own. Culturally they were invisible. The truth is gay men were fighting for visibility and then acceptance and that opened the doors for others. Straights made no distinction between a ‘poof’ and someone cross dressing and straight men assumed lesbians just hadn’t been given ‘ a right good seeing to.’ It was no picnic which is why it is irritating, and then some, having to be told what our experience was by people that think internet ‘research’ trumps actual experience. Then again, maybe you were there...?

However, you can’t on the one hand talk about the extent of the oppression and invisibility trans people suffered and in the same breath claim they led the way triumphantly. Which is it ?

Besides, if you insist on saying drag queens and cross dressers are trans then you are presumably including pantomime dames and the members of Monty Python.

Time to drop the Juno Dawson ‘ gay men are gay as a consolation prize’ bull crap, call the Pip Bunces out for their privilege, the obvious autogynephiles for just being utter creeps, beating up on lesbians and generally clean house before you start laying claim to our liberation.

by Anonymousreply 66April 8, 2019 5:21 PM

It's very easy to just dismiss everything you don't like or don't want to hear as being from 'Russian trolls'.

by Anonymousreply 67April 8, 2019 5:22 PM

R63 works both ways sis, you asked me how trans rights encroaches on gay rights and I explained to you how it happens. Denying that it happens does not fix it, nor does it not make it not real.

by Anonymousreply 68April 8, 2019 5:22 PM

Anti trans trolling is like idiots who believe in Creationism over Science, because "God created Adam & Even and not Adam & Stefonknee!". Because, what do scientists know about anything, right?

by Anonymousreply 69April 8, 2019 5:22 PM

God created Adam & Eve not Adam & Stefonknee!

by Anonymousreply 70April 8, 2019 5:23 PM

R64 is absolutely correct. I have been an enthusiastic homosexual for 44 of my 56 years on this planet, so my life experience should count for something. R60 couldn't be more wrong.

by Anonymousreply 71April 8, 2019 5:25 PM

Intersex people are biologically male or female. They have a Disorder of Sexual Development (what used to cruelly be called a "Birth Defect"). True intersex are vanishingly rare, approx .01 of the population.

The intersex are fed up with being used by the Trans as if they were clownfish in the Trans' specious arguments against humans being dimorphic, like every other mammal. They've asked to be left alone, which is why the "I" was quietly dropped.

Trans, Inc. has a shitload of money, stolen from gays, and is using it to fund gender clinics across the world. THat's going to make bank for the Medical Industrial Complex, which is why so many of these assholes are willing to spout bullshit like the OPs.

I read the Pentagon report on the "transgender ban." First off, it wasn't a ban, transgenders can serve, they just can't undergo reassignment while actively in the military . Why? Because every member of the military has to be fit for duty and if one is off dilating that's not going to work.

The military doesn't allow all sorts of physical and mental conditions, so why the fuck would they make an exception for people who need constant medication to "live their truth"?

Not worth arguing with the Trans Troll, do something today to stop Trans, Inc. - call a formerly gay org and demand accountability - because this is getting scary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 8, 2019 5:27 PM

I wish I remembered the organization, but there was this “feminist” group run by a biological female who identified as a lesbian while in a heterosexual relationship with a biological male.

Feels really great when your queer theory lets straights identify as gay for brownie points and speak for us without having to actually live life as a homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 73April 8, 2019 5:29 PM

r71, I have been an enthusiastic homosexual for 30+ years and my experience should count for something. And I'm not a Log Cabinette who sides with Republicans (like you), so there's that.

Nice of you to admit you agree with Trump!

by Anonymousreply 74April 8, 2019 5:30 PM

Is OP concerned about the slew of investigations into the Tavistock clinic that were published today? Including this one by Carl Heneghan - Professor of evidence-based medicine at the University of Oxford.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75April 8, 2019 5:31 PM

[quote] It's very easy to just dismiss everything you don't like or don't want to hear as being from 'Russian trolls'.

When the shoe fits ...

by Anonymousreply 76April 8, 2019 5:31 PM

That’s great OP. Why don’t you go share this with your trans friends on a trans site? This is a site for gay and lesbian people. Trans are not in the same group.

by Anonymousreply 77April 8, 2019 5:31 PM

And this one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 8, 2019 5:32 PM

r77, this is a gay site, not a site for Republicans. Please go back to the Trump rally from whence you came.

by Anonymousreply 79April 8, 2019 5:33 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80April 8, 2019 5:34 PM

[quote] the people against trans rights IN THE US are Republicans.

Uh, no R60. One of the largest contributors to and supporters of the "trans" menace is REPUBLICAN James Nicholas Pritzker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81April 8, 2019 5:34 PM

[quote] That’s great OP. Why don’t you go share this with your trans friends on a trans site? This is a site for gay and lesbian people. Trans are not in the same group.

LGBT: Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Transgenders.

by Anonymousreply 82April 8, 2019 5:36 PM

r81, clings to anecdotes not statistics. Which party is giving us the bathroom bills and the ban on trans people in the military? Hint: not the Democratic party.

by Anonymousreply 83April 8, 2019 5:37 PM

R82 Transgender people don't use this site.

by Anonymousreply 84April 8, 2019 5:37 PM

LGBT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85April 8, 2019 5:37 PM

[quote] Transgender people don't use this site.

To r84.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86April 8, 2019 5:39 PM

R86 I really don't think they do. I've not seen one person out themself as Trans on here.

by Anonymousreply 87April 8, 2019 5:41 PM

Children, the Trans muscled their way into LGB. LGB tried to get the Trans out, the same way the LG tried and succeeded, in getting the pedophiles out. But the Trans were tenacious and stealthy. And now they run the place.

Here, in an interview with the New York Times, is one of the Trans who did it, boasting about how the T got into LGBT:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88April 8, 2019 5:42 PM

Something else that's been co-opted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89April 8, 2019 5:42 PM

R74 You may call me whatever you like. It will not change our minds and it will not make us wrong. I could not care less what you call yourself, dress as, or identify with. My issue is the ham-fisted, militant way this has all come about. There can be no debate, no dissent without the T Army flipping a wig over it. Live as you like, but please try to assimilate into polite society.

by Anonymousreply 90April 8, 2019 5:45 PM

Oh, I've looked, r49. There is no scientific definition of gender. Intersex has absolutely nothing to do with transgender (hint: it's called intersex, not intergender). It's not your job to "educate" me but unless you can provide a satisfactory definition of the word gender I will continue to assume you're talking out of your arse. As far as I can tell, "gender" = "what you feel about your identity on the inside" and that means absolutely fuckall.

Here's an example of a scientific definition:

AUTOGYNEPHILIA: Autogynephilia is defined as a male's propensity to be sexually aroused by the thought of himself as a female. It is the paraphilia that is theorized to underlie transvestism and some forms of male-to-female (MtF) transsexualism. Autogynephilia encompasses sexual arousal with cross-dressing and cross-gender expression that does not involve women's clothing per se. The concept of autogynephilia defines a typology of MtF transsexualism and offers a theory of motivation for one type of MtF transsexualism. Autogynephilia resembles a sexual orientation in that it involves elements of idealization and attachment as well as erotic desire. Nearly 3% of men in Western countries may experience autogynephilia; its most severe manifestation, MtF transsexualism, is rare but increasing in prevalence. Some theorists and clinicians reject the transsexual typology and theory of motivation derived from autogynephilia; their objections suggest a need for additional research. The concept of autogynephilia can assist clinicians in understanding some otherwise puzzling manifestations of nonhomosexual MtF transsexualism. Autogynephilia exemplifies an unusual paraphilic category called 'erotic target identity inversions', in which men desire to impersonate or turn their bodies into facsimiles of the persons or things to which they are sexually attracted. --source National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI)

Many men have multiple paraphilia, such as transgender + transpecies or transgender + apotemnophilia or transgender + paraphilic infantilism. Others only have one form of paraphilia, but it's all abnormal kink and should not be in any way confused or conflated with biological sex or sexual orientation. There are other causes of transgenderism (such as internalized or cultural homophobia, see: Iran) but autogynephilia exists and recognition of that fact needs to be part of the public discourse. Gender isn't real but autogynephilia sure as hell is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91April 8, 2019 5:48 PM

Once upon a time science labeled homosexuality a mental illness. Society came a long way since then.

Of course trolls now insist that transgenderism is a mental illness. Because, they are the experts now.

by Anonymousreply 92April 8, 2019 5:53 PM

Gender is a sociological term, not a scientific one. It's nonsensical to say "there is no scientific definition of gender," and this talk about it having a genetic sequence is not even close to being true, at least not yet.

[quote]Defining gender as a condition determined strictly by a person’s genitals is based on a notion that doctors and scientists abandoned long ago as oversimplified and often medically meaningless.

[quote]“We know that there is a significant, durable biological underpinning to gender identity,” Dr. Safer said. “What we don’t know are all of the biological factors at play that explain gender identity. As far as we in the mainstream biological-medical community understand it in 2018, it is hard-wired, it is biological, it is not entirely hormonal, and we do not have identified genes, so we cannot specifically say it is genetic.”

[quote]Researchers say gender identity comes from the brain, not the body. Some put it more bluntly: It originates between your ears, not between your legs. But the forces that acted on the brain to shape that identity are not understood, and physical or chemical differences in the brain that might relate to gender have not been well defined.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93April 8, 2019 5:56 PM

I’m really interested in reading some of these peer reviewed scientific studies on transgender issues bit I’ve spent the past half hour googling and can’t find any. Perhaps the op could help me out and provide us al with some links.? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 94April 8, 2019 5:57 PM

[quote]BH Manny, like so many others who are waking up, started examining the lies told by the Transgender Lobby.

This is the guy who absolutely insists Paris Jackson's dad is Macaulay Culkin, and who said he was only going to tell us this big secret once, then said it at least five times that I saw.

He's an old-timer with a new name. You can see him on this post from 2017 talking about people he couldn't have known anything about unless he'd been on DL 10-15 years ago.

Interestingly, he tries to tell us White Belt Man is dead, when WBM simply came back under a new ALL CAPS NAME. Not sure why he would want us to think WBM was dead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95April 8, 2019 6:01 PM

R95 Don't stalk and harrass other posters. BHManny can think and say whatever the fuck he wants. Sad for you that he sees through your trans bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 96April 8, 2019 6:03 PM

Harassment is all they have.

by Anonymousreply 97April 8, 2019 6:07 PM

[quote]trannies from back then had no illusions that biological sex wasnt real. If nothing changed we’d welcome them with open arms

Fucking ahistorical nonsense from people who have never been members of the LGBT community.

Gays, lesbians and trans have always had disagreements with each other on how the movement should work. Watch the documentary VITO for an extended sequence of a 1970s rally where lesbians brought up their concern with sexism from the gay and trans community, gays brought up their concern that trans were all trashy and "bringing them down," and trans complained that they did a lot of the work but were ignored by both lesbians and gays. Those kinds of discussions happened all the time in the 1970s in the early stages of the movement.

You fucking idiots have no idea that you're just rehashing shit that has been part of the conversation for decades. You also don't realize that right-wingers have coopted this internal discussion to turn it into a divide-and-conquer strategy.

You'd think that all the times you linked to websites like Breitbart to "prove" your point would clue you in, but you're not that bright.

by Anonymousreply 98April 8, 2019 6:07 PM

Well I guess now not only am I a troll but a militant anti trans guy. And possibly an imposter.

What we all need to recognize is that the association with this crazy club will make it easier for the right to take away what we have won.

I don't hate anybody. I've seen too much stuff to judge.

There is real danger here. The courts are being stacked as we speak.

And once again, real transgender people are not, I repeat, not gay.

Go fight your own battles. We did. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 99April 8, 2019 6:08 PM

It's not stalking, R96, and you're absolutely bonkers if you think it is.

It's called having a memory and being able to read the name someone signs to their posts.

You anti-trans lunatics are so delicate. For people who are constantly insisting a certain demographic is mentally ill trash who should be exterminated, you can't take even the tiniest bit of criticism. Sad, really.

by Anonymousreply 100April 8, 2019 6:09 PM

[quote]That’s great OP. Why don’t you go share this with your trans friends on a trans site?

I know it's hard to tell, but OP started anti-trans threads today, so I think that's what this was intended to be.

by Anonymousreply 101April 8, 2019 6:11 PM

From the Economist April 2019

[quote] Pressure from above Why Iran is a hub for sex-reassignment surgery It is not because the regime is liberal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102April 8, 2019 6:13 PM

[quote] You fucking idiots have no idea that you're just rehashing shit that has been part of the conversation for decades. You also don't realize that right-wingers have coopted this internal discussion to turn it into a divide-and-conquer strategy.

This. A million times this.

The conservatives and the alt-right use any pressure point they can exploit for their own agenda. Gays vs black, people, millennials vs generation x/ baby boomers, gays vs. bisexuals, gays vs. women (in gay bars), gays vs religion, etc.

It's all part of their divide and conquer strategy where it's ok to turn on your own allies only to get weaker and weaker and easier to be pushed aside.

by Anonymousreply 103April 8, 2019 6:19 PM

Um, most scientists are busy trying to cure diseases, not fussing about gender which has nothing to do with science anyways.

by Anonymousreply 104April 8, 2019 6:20 PM

An actual developmental biologist.

R9 etc....is full of shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105April 8, 2019 6:21 PM

[quote]were you there in the 60s and 70s ? I was there in the 70s ( marches, meetings, protests etc ) and also through the 80s and the AIDS epidemic and, apart from one or two individuals, trans people were not there. ... Besides, if you insist on saying drag queens and cross dressers are trans then you are presumably including pantomime dames and the members of Monty Python

You weren't there if you don't remember that the terms for trans people have simply changed over the years.

People who call themselves trans today would have called themselves transsexuals, cross-dressers or drag queens decades ago. Transsexual was the term used until the early 1990s, but cross-dresser and other terms were part of the casual slang.

This is pretty basic Gay History 101, and it's weird to see so many people on this thread claim to be experienced yet not know this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 8, 2019 6:21 PM

Anti Trans threads = Distraction from Trump and the GOP / Divide & Conquer trolling

by Anonymousreply 107April 8, 2019 6:21 PM

[quote]An actual developmental biologist.

No, that's an anonymous Twitter account from someone who claims to be a biologist and who crabs a lot about "libfems."

by Anonymousreply 108April 8, 2019 6:24 PM

Bigots and conservatives hate (social) progress, because they are afraid of the status quo (they benefit from) being threatened and changed by it.

Just look at the trolls crying like they are mortally wounded by the word queer (another divide & conquer strategy).

by Anonymousreply 109April 8, 2019 6:24 PM

We can hold more than one conversation at a time.

by Anonymousreply 110April 8, 2019 6:26 PM

Oh lord, it's DL's Douchequeer.

by Anonymousreply 111April 8, 2019 6:26 PM

You’re full of shit r108 she is indeed a biologist.

Tell us r108 what is a woman?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112April 8, 2019 6:31 PM

Lesbians (gay women with exclusive SAME-SEX attraction) banned from London Pride for being gay women with exclusive same-sex attraction.

Not just banned from London Pride, but actual lesbians are being actually threatened.

Why? Because these are proud SAME-SEX attracted people, not same-GENDER attracted people, and the (formerly gay) lgbTQ organization, Stonewall, now all Trans, all the time, hates homosexuals

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113April 8, 2019 6:36 PM

Trans please go somewhere else. Gay sex and trans stuff is not the same. It’s a separate issue.

by Anonymousreply 114April 8, 2019 6:37 PM

[quote]she is indeed a biologist

Link to some of her peer-reviewed research, please, or articles she's written for legitimate outlets (i.e. not a personal blog or anything). Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 115April 8, 2019 6:38 PM

[quote]I wish I remembered the organization, but there was this “feminist” group run by a biological female who identified as a lesbian while in a heterosexual relationship with a biological male.

Ah, a single instance of someone in the community being flaky, as told to us by someone who can't remember anything about the group, the names, the dates, or any actual identifying details.

We are cowed in the presence of your stunning intellect.

by Anonymousreply 116April 8, 2019 6:40 PM

R116 you got me, I’m def guilty of blocking out this nonsense and trying to forget every piece of BS queer ideology I come across. But now it happens much more frequently and is harder to ignore.

Are you telling me this is not biological erasure? Trans women are biological women and were not born men? And we are the unscientific ones?? Lolol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117April 8, 2019 6:55 PM

Once again, the pro-Tranny trolls think they can just make crap up.

No one is saying that trannies can't cut off their genitals and make fake vaginas if it makes them feel better. Live the delusion all you want! Freedom is great!

But trannies are not biological women and have no place in real women's spaces, especially sports.

by Anonymousreply 118April 8, 2019 10:03 PM

Ah, the Trans Activist Troll is all over this thread. Xer's REPETITIVE, MONOTONOUS, INANE mantras have been the same re-hashed hysterical nonsense for years now (like a broken record):

1. Incessant victim role-play paranoia: "Trans are being EXTERMINATED! We're the most oppressed minority in history!" - No, you're not. You're all over the PR media, being ridiculously over-represented, spouting your nonsensical fetish fantasies from every corner. And around the world, especially in homophobic countries like Pakistan, the Trans even have it better than the gays - standing for PARLIAMENT, while gays are being prosecuted under the criminal code.

2. Diversion of attention strategy: "The North Koreans! The Republicans! The Ruskies! The Chinese! My grandma's panties are on fire! Quick, quick! Look away and don't ever closely examine any shit the Trans are doing!". - No, we'll multi-task and examine ALL these issues - including the Trans madness.

3. And, of course, the Trans Activist Troll's fave go-to / fallback hysterical motto: "This is all "divide & conquer" strategy! They're trying to tear us apart!". - No, the LGB can survive just fine without the Trans (0.1%). It's the Trans who can't succeed without the LGB. The Trans DESPERATELY need the LGB so they can cling on and hide behind the backs of the LGB and exploit LGB FUNDS (MONEY) and LGB platforms for themselves.

In fact, the DNP and LGB can survive much better without the increasingly insane LIABILITY BAGGAGE that the increasingly extreme Trans activist loons bring with them, because of their more & more cringy, unhinged demands ("Let's implant wombs into men! Let's bring 4-year-olds into Trans "gender" therapy! Let's make Trans surgeries payable by the taxpayers! Let's shove adult males with intact cocks into female hospital wings (shared rooms) and female prison cells!", etc, etc). What, you think THIS will help the Democratic ticket? NO - the narcissistic, self-obsessed Trans Activist loons are SABOTAGING the Dems' chances to win swing states and swing voters. It's like the Trans are Republican sleeper agents whose depraved goal is to make the next DNP Candidate unelectable - because of the Trans' extreme, cringe-fest policies.

The LGB and Dems had once given the T a fair chance and welcomed them. But the T repaid both groups by screwing them over. At a time when it's vitally important to get swing states, the Ts don't give a shit and still SELFISHLY push for ONLY their own unhinged demands that are alienating normal, reasonable people.

by Anonymousreply 119April 8, 2019 10:23 PM

Projection, thy name shall be r119.

LOL. He's projecting so hard even the conservatives are going "damn, bitch! Tone it down a bit!".

by Anonymousreply 120April 8, 2019 10:31 PM

Deflection, thy name shall be R120.

As for your precious conservatives, they're loving every crazy-ass thing the Trans loons do. They thank you for your indirect help and support. Special thanks go to Trans icons and long-time closet Republicans like Pritzker and Jenner, of course.

by Anonymousreply 121April 8, 2019 10:41 PM

R119 speaking truth bombs and if you dont want to hear it, then do some self reflection

by Anonymousreply 122April 9, 2019 2:10 AM

Can someone provide peer-reviewed studies that there is a male brain and a female brain, evidence there is at least a region in the brain that determines gender identity?

by Anonymousreply 123April 9, 2019 2:12 AM

The trans activists claiming a scientific basis to their argument are deliberately conflating intersex with transgender.

How many MTFs are intersex? I'm guessing not many. Caster Semenya is an interesting case in point. AFAIK she does not identify as transgender.

Yet the activists like Rachel McKinnon think that somehow the Caster Semenyas of the world provide proof that Rachel's 100% male non-intersex body should be considered female.

by Anonymousreply 124April 9, 2019 2:19 AM

R123 here you go! Oh wait, this must be some of that transphobic science

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125April 9, 2019 2:21 AM

R124 Yep and they are destroying organisations meant for intersex people while pushing their agenda and it happened just when actual intersex people were finally gaining some understanding from the rest of society the trans brigade came in and are confusing people more. They are very deliberate in how they exploit intersex conditions for their agenda.

I love how with every thread on DL more gay people are waking up to what is happening. Afterall we're the ones who need to know about this the most and I feel like a fool for any time I spent not knowing what was really going on.

by Anonymousreply 126April 9, 2019 2:28 AM

Someone on a Jazz Jennings thread posted an article debunking her claim that that person has a girl brain. R125

by Anonymousreply 127April 9, 2019 2:33 PM

Jazz herself said she had a girl brain trapped in a boy body. It's on the intro to her show. She (he then) looked about 3 years old.

I'd think at that point the parents would have told their effeminate son that he was fine as is, he wasn't trapped in anything, and he could wear the princess outfit and play with dolls. But then there wouldn't be a tv show.

by Anonymousreply 128April 9, 2019 5:16 PM

This man's cancer-stricken son was "diagnosed" as transgender by a therapist at his college, Rochester Institute of Technology, and has now been started on feminizing treatments at Strong Memorial Hospital, even though the hormones will most likely kill him.

This needs to be sent to every single Democrat backing the Equality Act - these kids, often gay, but sometimes suffering from trauma, or mental health conditions, are being made into medical guinea pigs by the Transgender Lobby - the same Lobby that claims to speak for gays.

Time for gays to stand up, because the backlash has already begun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129April 9, 2019 9:41 PM

It reminds me of other cases I have heard in the past. For example, Stef Sanjati, the youtuber. It was a therapist who diagnosed Stef as transgender while Stef did not have a clear idea of what was going on with him at the time. It looks like some therapists tell patients who they are instead of letting patients figure out by themselves.

by Anonymousreply 130April 9, 2019 10:49 PM

that's interesting r130. Stef is looking more male to me, seems to be intentional. I hope nothing irreversible was done.

by Anonymousreply 131April 9, 2019 11:39 PM

Stef makes everything to look and be read as a woman. I don't remember exactly but it looks like Stef's gender dysphoria officially started after being diagnosed as transgender. I can't recall Stef mentioning being dysphoric before her diagnose...

by Anonymousreply 132April 10, 2019 3:14 AM

[quote] but it looks like Stef's gender dysphoria officially started after being diagnosed as transgender

That's odd. I thought dysphoria => transgender, not the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 133April 10, 2019 3:38 AM

I don't remember all Stef has told so don't take my words to the letter but what I remember is a video where Stef mentioned she was confused. It was a transgender woman who told Stef's mother she was probably transgender. Stef probably connected her gender non-comformty with being the essence of a woman and it clicked in her head but that inner conviction of being a girl apparently wasn't present before the idea of being transgender were suggested to Stef's mother...

by Anonymousreply 134April 10, 2019 3:47 AM

R135 That's the literal definition of a behavioral contagion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135April 10, 2019 4:25 AM

In Stef's case it was contagion. You need to watch her videos telling the kind of person she was a child.

by Anonymousreply 136April 10, 2019 4:32 AM

I don't have a feeling telling me I am a man. I simply know I am a man because of my biological reality. Are trans activists going to deny I am a man because I don't have that feeling within? Are they going to step over me to define who I am?

by Anonymousreply 137April 11, 2019 1:33 AM

r136 which videos?

by Anonymousreply 138April 11, 2019 2:20 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139April 12, 2019 7:04 PM

r139 that video is shocking. It's telling how Lucy Diavolo who claims to have a 'female biology' talks about being 'born into' a gender binary and learning later in life she's really a woman. Classic autogynephile. Im guessing Lucy has a dick and likes to fuck women with it.

by Anonymousreply 140April 13, 2019 2:22 PM

I really feel uncomfortable when homosexual people are dragged into gender stuff when that has nothing to do with us; even more, as the video shows, that denies homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 141April 16, 2019 4:51 PM

It wasn't contagion I actually meant R138

by Anonymousreply 142April 18, 2019 10:33 PM

Basic thing is, if you want to turn 18 and chop off your dick or get a pussy drilled in GO AHEAD, but at least get through puberty and mental development to make the decision independently. No child should have that decision pushed on them before 18. Wear a dress and lipstick in the meantime. Should we transition all the twinky Queens in Hell’s Kitchen who like glitter and a purse too?

by Anonymousreply 143April 18, 2019 11:02 PM

Julia Beck speech on Committee Hearing on the “Equality Act”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144April 19, 2019 1:46 AM

Doubts over evidence for using drugs on the young.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145April 20, 2019 7:57 AM

R143 do you want our insurance premiums to pay for it?

by Anonymousreply 146May 2, 2019 1:49 PM

The Trans Train - A Swedish Docu

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147May 4, 2019 10:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!