Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Days of Our Lives - 90s Style!

Let's discussed the 90s Days, which were heavily overseen by the late great James E. Reilly. What are your fondest and not so fondest memories of this era? Possession, lady in a cage, doppelgangers and false teeth, Sami raping Austin, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 27, 2019 7:39 PM

Dee Dee Snatch Eater Hall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 3, 2019 5:08 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 3, 2019 5:08 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 3, 2019 5:09 PM

Vampires!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 3, 2019 5:10 PM

While this picture could be from one of her other two returns, she looks very close here as she did as Augusta Lockridge on "Santa Barbara", so my guess is that it is sometime in the mid 1990's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 3, 2019 5:28 PM

They didn't have much storyline in the early 1990's, but Julie & Maggie were a class act!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 3, 2019 5:31 PM

Reunited from "Genoa City": Jamie Lyn Bauer and Deborah Adair (Laurie Brooks & Jill Foster Abbott), join "Days" as a re-cast Laura Horton and Kate Roberts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 3, 2019 5:53 PM

OOOH THIS WAS MY JAM!!!

90s Days 4ever!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 3, 2019 5:57 PM

I was just a little kid but I remember the excitement my Aunts had over Hope finally coming back and the is it her or isn't her thing.

by Anonymousreply 9April 3, 2019 6:32 PM

Princess Gina! Lili Faversham!

I remember when John and Marlena came back from their honeymoon, I was so confused by Teenage Belle.

by Anonymousreply 10April 3, 2019 6:50 PM

I like Lauren Koslow well enough, but Deborah Adair really sold a lot of the layers in Kate's life, the difficulties with Curtis, hiding Lucas's paternity. You believed what she was doing.

Koslow is good at many things but I don't think she really sold any of the relationships with any of her children other than Lucas.

by Anonymousreply 11April 4, 2019 6:30 PM

R11 I preferred Deborah Adair, because she was my first "Jill", and I liked the dynamic with John, Katharine & Liz during that time. She was also far softer than Brenda Dickson, and until Jess Walton took over and was allowed to soften Jill, she was over-the-top as well. There are some YouTube videos of Bond Gideon who replaced Dickson after she left before Adair was hired, and it was obvious that they were trying to make Jill less of a shrew. Gideon & Adair's Jill became working class again, and this leveled her. Only a few months after Deborah left, Lauren came onto the show as Lindsay Wells, who blackmailed Jack over his affair with Jill. She was good in that part, and from what I saw of her on "B&B", good as Margo. They've made Kate closer to what Jill was as played by Brenda Dickson. I only read the "Days" synopsis now, and her character can often be pretty one dimensional. Adair really acted with her eyes, so both as Jill and Kate, you saw her sadness.

by Anonymousreply 12April 4, 2019 6:46 PM

In all my years of watching, 1993-1994 was my favorite period:

John-Marlena affair Vivian burying Carla alive Sami kidnapping Belle Curtis Brown murder trial Mansion Blanche Hope's return

by Anonymousreply 13September 27, 2019 7:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!