Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Beto O’Rourke Insists America Doesn’t ‘Need Any Walls’ Because They Solve ‘A Problem We Do Not Have’

While campaigning in New Hampshire, Beto O’Rourke told voters America does not need “any walls” because there is no crisis at the U.S.-Mexico border.

“I’m here to tell you a profoundly positive story from the U.S.-Mexico border. We do not need any walls, 30 billion dollars, 2,000 miles long, 30 feet high,” O’Rourke said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 22, 2019 3:22 AM

Sorry, I think Beto--nice guy though he is--is a lightweight and should not be running for president, just because he can raise millions of dollars. I've yet to hear any real positions he's taken.

by Anonymousreply 1March 21, 2019 7:08 PM

JFS, how do some politicians not know that some quotes will be used against them and that they should think before they speak.

SHUT UP, BETO!

by Anonymousreply 2March 21, 2019 7:09 PM

FF OP

He is an unrepentant "democrat concern troll"

by Anonymousreply 3March 21, 2019 7:32 PM

r3 is one of these DLers who think every criticism of any liberal or Democrat is faux concern from trolls so then she can FF.

by Anonymousreply 4March 21, 2019 7:55 PM

The majority of Americans are against the wall.

by Anonymousreply 5March 21, 2019 7:57 PM

Of course, he's correct. We don't need a 3,000 mile wall.

by Anonymousreply 6March 21, 2019 8:02 PM

Which is why it's barely a position. What else does he have to run on?

by Anonymousreply 7March 21, 2019 8:03 PM

R3 Could you just go fuck yourself?

If you're so fucking delicate that you can't stand hearing what Beto O'Rourke had to say about a very important issue while campaigning in New Hampshire...what are you doing on DL?

by Anonymousreply 8March 21, 2019 8:08 PM

[quote]is one of these DLers who think every criticism of any liberal or Democrat is faux concern from trolls so then she can FF.

The funny thing is, if you read OP's post, there's absolutely no criticism of Beto by the OP or the linked article.

It's simply straight reporting. But that doesn't stop idiots like R3 to start with their "concern troll" crap.

by Anonymousreply 9March 21, 2019 8:13 PM

Beto used to represent El Paso in Congress. Out of everyone in the field, he is the most qualified to speak on border issues.

by Anonymousreply 10March 21, 2019 8:13 PM

More than Castro, r10, who I believe lives in El Paso and is Hispanic and Latino American?

by Anonymousreply 11March 21, 2019 8:15 PM

Sorry--from San Antonio.

by Anonymousreply 12March 21, 2019 8:16 PM

He's absolutely right about that.

Now, he should take off his shirt.

by Anonymousreply 13March 21, 2019 8:17 PM

This guy is a walking advertisement for white male privilege.

by Anonymousreply 14March 21, 2019 8:21 PM

Every Democratic presidential candidate is against the wall. What else, Beto?

by Anonymousreply 15March 21, 2019 8:21 PM

Castro grew up and lives hundreds of miles away from the border. Not to sound like Sarah Palin, but you can actually see Mexico from Beto's house.

by Anonymousreply 16March 21, 2019 8:30 PM

Still isn't enough for him to stand out.

by Anonymousreply 17March 21, 2019 8:37 PM

I don’t want any of the Dems to say what’s wrong with Trump/Repubs policies, or to continually say they’re against Trump/Repub policies. I want all the Dems running to just tell me, you, the voters what their policies are AND how they plan to deliver. None of this “lower the voting age”, “eliminate the EC”, “increase number of justices on SCOTUS” — basta! Tell us your plans for job growth, infrastructure, tax reform, campaign finance reform, etc., etc.. Talk bread and butter issues, that’s how you win the nomination, and that’s how we’ll win in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 18March 21, 2019 9:07 PM

Those are all lovely issues to explore once the Dems are in office as President and the majority in Congress. Until then, just get the fuck back in. Agreed, r18.

by Anonymousreply 19March 21, 2019 9:15 PM

Andrew Yang is the only candidate so far who has a comprehensive set of proposals and can communicate them well.

by Anonymousreply 20March 21, 2019 9:30 PM

Here’s Karl Rove on O’Rourke this past Sunday with Chris Wallace.

[quote]WALLACE: Why do you hate calling him "Beto"?

[quote]ROVE: Because it's a phony name. He -- look, when he -- did he -- when he went to Woodberry Forest, the elite boarding school, did he call himself that? Did he call himself that at Columbia? Did he call himself that when he was a member of a grunge band? Who -- did he call himself that when he ran a web hosting company? No.

[quote]Once he began to run for office, in a heavily Latino county, he stopped calling himself Robert Francis O'Rourke. I'm merely calling him the name that he appears on the ballot by. And -- and I'm not -- I encourage you to give him a new nickname. Robert Francis O'Rourke, RFOR. RFOR. It's a good name.

by Anonymousreply 21March 21, 2019 9:50 PM

KKKarl Rove is a despicable piece of shit. Bu$h got one thing right when he nicknamed that fat fucker Turd Blossom.

Beto's parents gave him that name. There is a photo of him at four or five years old wearing a sweater with the name Beto embroidered on it. He didn't just start using it as a way to fool people into thinking he's Hispanic.

by Anonymousreply 22March 21, 2019 10:04 PM

Beto O'Rourke was the congressperson from EL PASO. Of course his opinion matters. And he's right. I don't get what makes him a lightweight. It seems like a criticism attached to likeable candidates but less likeable Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 23March 21, 2019 10:07 PM

*by, not but.

by Anonymousreply 24March 21, 2019 10:07 PM

I think immigration is an important issue that needs to be addressed, with specific plans.

by Anonymousreply 25March 21, 2019 10:12 PM

Beto can't win... Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 26March 21, 2019 10:14 PM

I love him. He's completely nuts.

by Anonymousreply 27March 21, 2019 10:15 PM

He won in Texas among Texans. Of course, you can't trust people from other states to vote for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 21, 2019 10:17 PM

Is he still in favor of tearing down the partial wall we now have on the border? Or we just going to forget he said that?

by Anonymousreply 29March 21, 2019 10:19 PM

He's a mess because he talks too much and doesn't know when to shut up. I think it's better we figure that out now before he gets too far.

by Anonymousreply 30March 21, 2019 10:23 PM

He will ramble about all the SJW talking points until only the new left morons will listen to him. Maybe he and Bernie can cancel each other out and make space for the candidates with real substance.

by Anonymousreply 31March 21, 2019 10:32 PM

CHump supporting OP thinks the is a controversial stance. Polls have shown Americans don't support chumps wall. Go back to breibart OP.

by Anonymousreply 32March 21, 2019 10:44 PM

R31,

Who do you have in mind?

Joe Biden — who voted for the war in Iraq and said he has no empathy for millennials

Kamala Harris — who did not prosecute OneWest Bank and Steve Mnuchin (who is now in Trump’s administration) and who has been wooing the donor class of the Democratic Party in the Hamptons

Amy Klobuchar — who told a millennial she doesn’t support Medicare for All or free public college tuition

John Hickenlooper — who is pro-fracking and a corporatist through and through

Cory Booker — who voted against drugs reimportation and has been weaseling his way back to trying to pretend he is a progressive

Kirsten Gillibrand — who threw Al Franken under the bus for her own career and has been in touch with Wall Streeters to possibly help fund a run for president

by Anonymousreply 33March 21, 2019 10:58 PM

Then ah guess Warren it is then r33

by Anonymousreply 34March 21, 2019 11:02 PM

10 years ago Ciudad Juárez was the most violent city in the world.

by Anonymousreply 35March 21, 2019 11:24 PM

Did all y'all Beto fans see this douche who wore an I.C.E. T-shirt to my gym yesterday?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 22, 2019 1:32 AM

r33, I don't give a flying fuck Biden voted for the war in Iraq. Not one flying fuck. You're the kind of fool who actually votes on things that happened 18 years ago as if they matter today when we're living a shit show. You'd rather get behind someone who doesn't have a hope in hell of beating the cunt who's now in office. You're ridiculous, with all your "rules" about why none of those people are pure enough.

by Anonymousreply 37March 22, 2019 3:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!