Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Julianna Margulies

What happened to her career? She is playing supporting in a third rate miniseries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 21, 2020 2:10 PM

Maybe her reputation for being a difficult bitch finally caught up to her. And then, she's over 50 and in Hollywood for a woman, that's like being Methuselah.

by Anonymousreply 1March 16, 2019 5:49 PM

Being a monumental bitch is what happened. She deserves all the work not coming her way.

by Anonymousreply 2March 16, 2019 5:53 PM

I was a huge fan of The Good Wife. Last year I decided to binge watch all seven seasons. What a pleasure it was to view it again, and sorry haters, but Julianna WAS that show. Yes everyone loved Kalinda and there were so MANY other great characters throughout the series, but she was the glue and she was outstanding from start to finish.

by Anonymousreply 3March 16, 2019 5:56 PM

R3 Exactly. The Diane Lockhart character can't carry a show. The Good Fight lost steam in its second season imho.

by Anonymousreply 4March 16, 2019 5:58 PM

Diane slapping her at the end was very much a stand-in for a lot of fans sick of how awful Saint Alicia was.

by Anonymousreply 5March 16, 2019 6:00 PM

I never understood her appeal. She doesn't come off as particularly fun or inviting, and is not interesting to look at.

by Anonymousreply 6March 16, 2019 6:01 PM

R6 She has stunning eyes.

by Anonymousreply 7March 16, 2019 6:02 PM

Me neither r6. She always seemed a sort of serviceable non-entity kind of actress. Kind of like Sela Ward.

by Anonymousreply 8March 16, 2019 6:49 PM

I never liked how she uses a different font for each of her eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 9March 17, 2019 1:42 AM

She is talented, cool, and steely. So what if she has a rep for being a bitch? That's part of her appeal. Most talented successful women are accused of being bitches. If they don't get accused, they never really made it to the top.

by Anonymousreply 10March 17, 2019 1:53 AM

Someone actually hired this hateful bitch again!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 19, 2020 6:54 PM

I never liked her, not even in ER. After what she did to Archie Panjabi (I would kill or die to make love to her!) she deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 12March 19, 2020 6:57 PM

I’ll never understand how she scored such a hot husband

by Anonymousreply 13March 19, 2020 6:57 PM

A lack of talent and being homely.

by Anonymousreply 14March 19, 2020 6:59 PM

*cookie sniffer alert*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 19, 2020 6:59 PM

Her TV son has been flashing his big hearty dick. God bless exhibitionist twinks.

by Anonymousreply 16March 19, 2020 7:10 PM

R16, your comment is....

by Anonymousreply 17March 19, 2020 7:41 PM

agree with r10

by Anonymousreply 18March 19, 2020 9:00 PM

R10 I don’t give a fuck if you’re male or female, if you treat crew like crap then you deserve to be overlooked for roles. Giving people a pass because they’re talented (debatable in this case) just allows shitty behaviour to proliferate.

by Anonymousreply 19March 19, 2020 9:10 PM

In 2010, when [italic]The Good Wife[/italic] was still on air, she joined Andie MacDowell as L'Oreal's brand ambassador for their [italic]Revitalift[/italic] line, a global billion-dollar franchise that was slumping in America. She was quickly and quietly dropped, and L'Oreal returned to Andie MacDowell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 19, 2020 9:24 PM

R17, see this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 19, 2020 9:36 PM

I would have thought she made enough money from ER and its residuals to never have to work again.

by Anonymousreply 22March 19, 2020 9:47 PM

I wonder if she and Clooney ever banged.

by Anonymousreply 23March 19, 2020 10:00 PM

Do you though?

by Anonymousreply 24March 19, 2020 10:10 PM

She gave me the most wicked, withering look I’ve ever received in my life and this was just a result of passing her on the set.

She did not know me, nor did I call attention on set.

She emanates frigid cold energy.

by Anonymousreply 25March 19, 2020 10:19 PM

Honestly, The Good Wide would have been better with first choices Ashley Judd and Helen Hunt. Equally cunty, but vastly better actresses.

by Anonymousreply 26March 19, 2020 10:35 PM

R26, “Equally Cunty” was the original title for Feud.

by Anonymousreply 27March 19, 2020 10:38 PM

What happened OP? Too much talent. Too many jealous people around her

by Anonymousreply 28March 19, 2020 10:41 PM

Thanks for your input Julianna/R28.

by Anonymousreply 29March 19, 2020 10:43 PM

Ugh. I loved The Good Wife. When they cast two love interests for her - Steven Pasquale and Matthew Goode, both significantly younger than her - the season after Will died, I had a feeling she must have had a huge ego. The stories about her sabotaging Panjabi and the way she refused to film their last scene together sealed my dislike of her.

They wasted Matthew Goode, too. Such a shame.

by Anonymousreply 30March 19, 2020 10:45 PM

[quote]What happened to her career? She is playing supporting in a third rate miniseries.

How about after the first run salary for fifteen years on ER and seven seasons of The Good Wife, then many years of syndication money she is set for life and doesn't want to work that hard and chooses roles she just wants to play?

by Anonymousreply 31March 19, 2020 11:02 PM

Good wife was amazing television. The plot direction, writing, and acting all just worked. I miss it dearly.

by Anonymousreply 32March 19, 2020 11:25 PM

R32, don’t forget the great guest stars.

by Anonymousreply 33March 19, 2020 11:27 PM

I want to know what the deal is with her and her husband. Surely one of you bitches has had him?

by Anonymousreply 34March 19, 2020 11:32 PM

She got lucky with ER. She was supposed to be killed off in the premiere, but her character tested so well with audiences they changed it so she survived her suicide attempt.

Sherri Springfield was actually the lead of the show but left two years into it, so Julianna wound up getting more time.

by Anonymousreply 35March 19, 2020 11:34 PM

[quote] Sherri Springfield was actually the lead of the show but left two years into it, so Julianna wound up getting more time.

There is actually more to the story - After Julianna won an Emmy (in the supporting category) she was threatening to quit E.R. - the reason was storyline. She didn't have one. She said her character had been reduced to walking the halls and shouting out medical terms. She was very unhappy and was ready to walk

But then Stringfield suddenly quit, which elevated her to the lead actress of ER

Flash Forward years later and Julianna is the lead actress of "Good Wife" and does everything in her power to suppress the popularity of Archie Panjabi's character

Irony among ironies

by Anonymousreply 36March 19, 2020 11:41 PM

R36, why do you hate periods?

by Anonymousreply 37March 19, 2020 11:43 PM

Looks kinda MTF to me.

by Anonymousreply 38March 19, 2020 11:44 PM

She's difficult and not a good actress. There are plenty of nicer and more talented women to cast instead of her.

by Anonymousreply 39March 19, 2020 11:51 PM

She sounds like a bitch in real life but I loved me some Carol Hathaway and Alicia Florek.

by Anonymousreply 40March 20, 2020 12:05 AM

r19 I've never heard any stories about her treating the crew like crap

by Anonymousreply 41March 20, 2020 9:01 AM

It disappeared into the clouds of her general cuntiness.

by Anonymousreply 42March 20, 2020 9:25 AM

[quote]She's difficult and not a good actress.

I have no doubt that she's difficult and a bitch, but she IS a good actress. Her awards were deserved.

by Anonymousreply 43March 20, 2020 12:25 PM

I never watched ER but she was magnificent as Alicia Florrick. There was a scene in the show where she takes a visit from Eli Gold's daughter and is happy to see her, and then learns Marrisa is there to try to get Alicia to forgive Eli and she morphs into an ice queen in real time. I got chills

by Anonymousreply 44March 20, 2020 12:29 PM

R43 I've seen her on stage and she sucks. She was embarrassingly bad (this was after ER). All she does on camera is move her eyes a certain way, and it appears to be great acting.

by Anonymousreply 45March 21, 2020 4:58 AM

r30 I once read here somewhere that Will in real life got a big cock

by Anonymousreply 46March 21, 2020 6:11 AM

She's a total blank.

The Good Wife definitely would have been better if Ashley Judd or Helen Hunt had accepted the offer of the lead role.

by Anonymousreply 47March 21, 2020 6:16 AM

Big no to Helen Hunt as Alicia.

by Anonymousreply 48March 21, 2020 6:30 AM

I saw The Good Wife years ago, I think she was perfect in the role, I don't think the show would have been as enthralling with a different actress, nor do I think it would have lasted (though I do remember the show losing itself towards the end). Margulies was restrained as Alicia Florrick, yet each look still said a lot, viewers were teetering on the edge with her, and of course whenever she broke it meant so much more.

I haven't seen her on stage, or on ER, and I don't know her personally so I've nothing to add there.

by Anonymousreply 49March 21, 2020 7:11 AM

r47 Ashley Judd? Thank God that didn't happen.

Though Julianna was perfect, I might not have minded Helen Hunt. But Ashley Judd is as overrated as Ben Affleck or Jimmy Smits—one of those people who make me think, "How did she ever get a job acting?" I would probably not have watched The Good Wife if she had been in it.

by Anonymousreply 50March 21, 2020 9:06 AM

Julianna’s wig was the true star of The Good Wife.

by Anonymousreply 51March 21, 2020 12:23 PM

Juliana was great but I hated Alicia as a character by the end of the serires. She had become just as manipulative and morally questionable as Canning.

by Anonymousreply 52March 21, 2020 12:55 PM

I think that was the point r52. I think it's interesting that she had producer credit (so she had some clout with the writers) and they wrote that last scene with Diane slapping her. For all the controversy with Archie P, she doesn't get any credit for agreeing to do the slap scene. She had to have known that the audience was all for it.

by Anonymousreply 53March 21, 2020 1:15 PM

Ashley Judd should be in prison for what she did to her face.

by Anonymousreply 54March 21, 2020 1:42 PM

I think she mainly lives in NY so I imagine it suits her as Billions is shot there? She is a good actress

by Anonymousreply 55March 21, 2020 2:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!