Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gillibrand is toast!

Good! Hypocritical bitch. I guess when it is your own worker and not Al Franken is a-okay.

"Former Gillibrand aide resigned in protest over handling of sex harassment claims"

What happened when #MeToo hit the office of one of its leaders, 2020 candidate Kirsten Gillibrand.

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), one of the most outspoken advocates of the #MeToo movement who has made fighting sexual misconduct a centerpiece of her presidential campaign, spent last summer pressing legislators to update Congress’ “broken” system of handling sexual harassment.

At the same time, a mid-20s female aide to Gillibrand resigned in protest over the handling of her sexual harassment complaint by Gillibrand‘s office, and criticized the senator for failing to abide by her own public standards.

In July, the female staffer alleged one of Gillibrand’s closest aides — who was a decade her senior and married — repeatedly made unwelcome advances after the senator had told him he would be promoted to a supervisory role over her. She also said the male aide regularly made crude, misogynistic remarks in the office about his female colleagues and potential female hires.

Less than three weeks after reporting the alleged harassment and subsequently claiming that the man retaliated against her for doing so, the woman told chief of staff Jess Fassler that she was resigning because of the office’s handling of the matter. She did not have another job lined up.

The woman was granted anonymity because she fears retaliation and damage to her future professional prospects.

“I have offered my resignation because of how poorly the investigation and post-investigation was handled,” the woman wrote to Gillibrand in a letter sent on her final day to the senator's personal email account. Copied were general counsel Keith Castaldo and Fassler, who is now managing the senator’s presidential bid.

“I trusted and leaned on this statement that you made: ‘You need to draw a line in the sand and say none of it is O.K. None of it is acceptable.’ Your office chose to go against your public belief that women shouldn’t accept sexual harassment in any form and portrayed my experience as a misinterpretation instead of what it actually was: harassment and ultimately, intimidation,” the woman wrote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 7, 2019 1:30 AM

I wasn't going to vote for her anyway so good, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 1March 11, 2019 11:45 AM

She was never even bread to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 2March 11, 2019 11:48 AM

I wish Al Franken would run again. Let the people decide.

by Anonymousreply 3March 11, 2019 11:48 AM

Totally agree^^ Love Al. He was a very effective Senator.

by Anonymousreply 4March 11, 2019 11:54 AM

The current wisdom is to put Kamala on as Biden's VP. At his advanced age Biden won't last 4 years, and we get Kamala as Pres.

by Anonymousreply 5March 11, 2019 11:59 AM

Buttigiege and Kamala

by Anonymousreply 6March 11, 2019 12:00 PM

Gillibrand is a scapegoater. Harris is a bigot. That is doesn't concern anyone indicates the reality about "progressives".

by Anonymousreply 7March 11, 2019 12:04 PM

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale

a tale of a feckless dame,

that started from this New York port,

aboard this tiny campaign.

The campaign's aground on the shore of this

uncharted hypocritical lie,

with Gillibrand,

the Harasser too.

The billionaire Soros and his wife,

the disgruntled aide,

the #MeToos and Jonathan,

here on Gillibrand's Campaign.

by Anonymousreply 8March 11, 2019 1:53 PM

[quote]The woman was granted anonymity because she fears retaliation and damage to her future professional prospects.

I would think they know who she is unless turnover is very high.

by Anonymousreply 9March 11, 2019 1:58 PM

The Gillibrand Brand is tarnished.

by Anonymousreply 10March 11, 2019 3:10 PM

Someone needs to primary her ass in NY!

by Anonymousreply 11March 12, 2019 7:03 AM

And it turns out her parents were part of the NXIVM sex cult organization.

Share Tweet Flip

Kirsten Gillibrand’s lobbyist father Doug Rutnik was employed by the NXIVM sex cult, according to court documents.

An eyewitness describes how Gillibrand sat at the NXIVM table at a Hillary Clinton fundraiser.

“The very first time I ever met Gillibrand she was at an event for Hillary Clinton in the Hall of Springs in the State Park. This was in 2006. I was at a table with a Russian friend and Mike Roohan and his wife. I was on the Democratic committee at the time and was given two comp tickets. Gillibrand came up to me introduced herself and said she was running against John Sweeney. This was before all the stories of his drunken behavior came out. He was still congressman kickass at that time. I promised my support and wished her well. i than commented to Mike that with her baby voice and demeanor that she was a lightweight. Boy was I wrong. But the kicker was when the mixing was over and Clinton went to speak. Gillibrand sat with one of the front tables. Yeah the three front VIP tables were all brought by NXIVM and she was sitting with Nancy Salzman. You can quote me on that,” said witness John Tighe.

Parlato is the NXIVM whistleblower who blew the lid off the case, including the revelation that NXIVM leader Keith Raniere’s cult was branding women with his initials.

“Her father’s wife, her stepmother, was also a member of NXIVM…Doug got her into the cult, Gillibrand’s father got Gillibrand’s future stepmother into the cult. Doug left the cult because he was sued. Clare Bronfman after her father was sued donated money to Gillibrand. Gillibrand accepted it.”

“One is inclined to call her a liar,” Parlato says of Gillibrand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 6, 2019 1:50 AM

I'm a Canadian and I've scarcely heard of her. She's going nowhere fast.

by Anonymousreply 13April 6, 2019 1:56 AM

She is the frauiest frau to ever hold political office.

(and last night on twitter there was some story about her father's involvement in a sex cult------not sure if it was true. Didn't read the whole thing.)

by Anonymousreply 14April 6, 2019 1:59 AM

Booker and Gillibrand are really two sides of the same coin. Politicians who if you look at their history, were eager to flip flop on positions at any given point of time based on what they thought the Democratic base wanted. They are so desperate to be liked, they don't really stand for anything.

It is telling that lesser known commodities like Pete, Harris, and Beto have gotten more attention and interest than they have.

by Anonymousreply 15April 6, 2019 2:32 AM

A while back someone posted a story here about deep pocketed Democratic donors shunning Gillibrand because of her treatment of Franken. The story also mentioned it was very convenient since Franken was a possible competitor to her in pres race. Wow, she took care of that, huh?

by Anonymousreply 16April 6, 2019 2:42 AM

Hated her!....

by Anonymousreply 17April 6, 2019 2:48 AM

New Yorker.

by Anonymousreply 18April 6, 2019 3:31 AM

I remember when she was first picked to take over Hillary's senate seat DL was horrified by her yellow teeth.

by Anonymousreply 19April 6, 2019 4:24 AM

liar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 6, 2019 4:25 AM

Why do all Arab guys think white women are hoars?

by Anonymousreply 21April 6, 2019 4:36 AM

'hoars', R21?

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 22April 6, 2019 4:52 AM

[quote]I'm a Canadian and I've scarcely heard of her.

Well, unless you're a Canadian that lives near the border to New York state, I suppose you wouldn't have heard much about her.

by Anonymousreply 23April 6, 2019 4:53 AM

Who or what constituency is passionate about her candidacy? She's a boring, basic, back-stabbing frau who wants to play politician. What a mediocrity.

by Anonymousreply 24April 6, 2019 4:58 AM

What chance did she have anyway? She was a notorious conservative until she got picked for the Senate and suddenly became a liberal. You know Fox would rip her up over that.

by Anonymousreply 25April 6, 2019 5:01 AM

Yeah, didn't she identify as a blue-dog Democrat until the vacancy for Hillary's seat opened up?

by Anonymousreply 26April 6, 2019 5:04 AM

Good riddance.

I will never forgive her for railroading Big Al.

by Anonymousreply 27April 6, 2019 5:08 AM

Gillibrand did not act alone. She was enabled and supported by Dem Party silence.

by Anonymousreply 28April 6, 2019 5:52 AM

[quote] Gillibrand did not act alone. She was enabled and supported by Dem Party silence.

They were 𝒏𝒐𝒕 silent.

It was a coordinated effort, sparked by a Politico report published that morning, which described new sexual harassment allegations against Franken by a seventh woman.

About half of the 21 women in the Senate posted messages on social media urging Franken to resign (13 were Democrats, one was a Republican). Soon after, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell joined. By the end of the day, as male colleagues joined the effort, the tally hit 32 senators calling for Franken’s resignation.

On Thursday morning, Franken announced he would step down.

I think Joe Manchin of WV was the only dem senator to publicly stand up for Al.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 6, 2019 9:19 AM

She was already toast. Now she is badly burnt toast.

by Anonymousreply 30April 6, 2019 9:49 AM

R29, she coordinated the effort and acted as spokesperson. She was so front and center in Al's ouster that big donors have abandoned her because of it.

by Anonymousreply 31April 6, 2019 10:39 AM

She's a woman without white male privilege. She must be taken seriously or you are all sexist pigs.

by Anonymousreply 32April 6, 2019 10:55 AM

She is full of shit.

I am a NY resident who went to her for help 4 years ago and got a form letter reply. My issue was a long term illness which affected my student loan balance (it ballooned to 3 times the original amount) which I thought was unconscionable, but apparently she did not.

I rather see the devil I know (Trump) get re-elected than this stuck up POS.

by Anonymousreply 33April 6, 2019 11:05 AM

I give her a couple more months and -- POOF!

by Anonymousreply 34April 6, 2019 11:39 AM

We needed Al Franken more than her. He was a fine Senator that confronted the Trump mess. I not impressed with her.

by Anonymousreply 35April 6, 2019 12:39 PM

Franken will NEVER be rehabilitated by the Dem Party. He is a shameful remember to them of what hypocrites and bigots they have become.

by Anonymousreply 36April 6, 2019 12:42 PM

^^^ reminder ^^^

by Anonymousreply 37April 6, 2019 12:42 PM

But she’s a young mom.

by Anonymousreply 38April 6, 2019 12:49 PM

And a "good Christian", r38.

by Anonymousreply 39April 6, 2019 1:21 PM

Truly sorry for you R33. But, except for Ted Cruz, anyone is better than Trump.

by Anonymousreply 40April 6, 2019 1:37 PM

Gillibrand and de Blasio are both pollling under 30% in NY.

by Anonymousreply 41April 6, 2019 4:09 PM

I never liked her & there's no chance she'd beat Trump.

It's quite odd how this election is becoming a massive pseudo-MeToo moment ("He touched my shoulder - wah!").

I wonder if the final candidate is going to be a Vestal Virgin at this point.

by Anonymousreply 42April 6, 2019 4:53 PM

The news media keeps blabbing about Joe Biden touching. Sick of hearing about it. That's been known for decades.

Dems need to focus on. these things: health care, the environment, improved energy endeavors, education, foreign policy, taxation, keeping social security & medicare viable, creating jobs for new industries, better pay, campaign finance reform, ridding corruption in government, and defeating DJT.

Focusing on social justice warrior shit, promising reparations for whatever, pandering to just one or two demographics, and promising "free stuff" without explaining in detail how such is to be paid for, will not get one elected against Trump.

by Anonymousreply 43April 6, 2019 6:11 PM

Careful, R43 or you will be called a fucking agent of Trump, a troll from another country, because you dare speak the truth to people who are so incredibly stupid that they might as well be deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 44April 6, 2019 6:53 PM

I always thought she wanted Franken out for her own gain and not out of what was best for the Dem party.

by Anonymousreply 45April 6, 2019 6:59 PM

You thought correctly.

by Anonymousreply 46April 6, 2019 7:02 PM

Glad. She's an idiotic bitch. As to Al Franken? No. He peioneered Obama syndrome: promise to fight for the little guy, excoriate corporations, then cave after a year and become a boot-licking toady to the corporate overlords. Dodged a bullet in getting rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 47April 6, 2019 7:05 PM

Bullshit, R47. Prove it.

by Anonymousreply 48April 6, 2019 10:46 PM

Kristen Gilli-who?

by Anonymousreply 49April 6, 2019 10:52 PM

[quote]She was so front and center in Al's ouster that big donors have abandoned her because of it.

How do we know that big donors have abandoned her?

by Anonymousreply 50April 6, 2019 11:46 PM

There's been 1uite a few articles on it, r50. And the articles specifically note thatnitmwas her treatment of Al Franken.

BTW: her average polling is .7. She's polling below Andrew Yang.

by Anonymousreply 51April 7, 2019 1:21 AM

Looking at the futures market just now, a Tulsi Gabbard contract can be bought at 4. Gillibrand is at 3.

Also Sanders at 22 and Biden at 21. Cory Booker has clawed his way back up to 7, which is where I bought him late last year.

by Anonymousreply 52April 7, 2019 1:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!