Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

There's One Diet That Research Suggests Reduces Risk of Death by 10%

Spoiler: plant-based. As an extra bonus, it's also better for the environment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97April 7, 2019 9:20 PM

[quote] The bottom line: The study wasn’t randomized, so a cause-and-effect relationship can’t be directly established. Still, we believe adding high-quality plant foods such as whole grains, fruits, and vegetables to your diet can only be beneficial to your health in the long run.

I believe that adding Lucky Charms to your diet reduces the risk of death by 20%.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 9, 2019 2:37 PM

That is fucking AMAZING. What are the 10 percent of people who don’t die going to do with eternity, other than eating avocados?

by Anonymousreply 2March 9, 2019 2:38 PM

The key to longevity seems to be good glycemic control.

by Anonymousreply 3March 9, 2019 2:42 PM

Last I heard, the only diet that has proved in repeated animal models to extend life reliably is a restricted-calorie diet. Many plant-based diets, as long as they aren’t high in refined carbohydrates, would do that.

With cold-blooded animals like fishes and reptiles, their environment and their food intake directly affects metabolism, and slow metabolism makes them live longer than average, fast metabolism shortens their lifespans. I have a kissing gourami (fish) that is 27 years old. It has always been kept in water slightly cooler than generally recommended, and it’s not overfed.

It makes sense in human beings, at least logically in my mind. The more we eat, the more rapidly our bodily processes work. The more rapidly they work, the more use they get and over time, it’s reasonable to think that that would wear out organs more quickly than if they worked at a more leisurely pace. Drinking a lot of alcohol overworks and wears out the liver. Eating a ton of food puts the divestive system through harder work, but also the rest of the body, as the fuel of the food heats up the body and makes the heart pump harder, the nutrients extracted from the body are put into the blood stream and processed by different systems, the waste is filtered more by different systems. For people who overeat, their organ systems end up like Lucy Ricardo at the candy factory, unable to keep up, and so they fail. People who eat moderately are full of factory workers who don’t have to meet unrealistic quotas and can work well into retirement. People who fast give their systems an opportunity to take vacations, which are rejuvenating. It just makes sense to me. As above, so below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 9, 2019 2:53 PM

The vegans are determined to take over DL. It won't work but it is enjoyable to watch you get shot down.

by Anonymousreply 5March 9, 2019 2:55 PM

So to sum it all up, if you want to live longer, live a more boring life that you then wouldn't *want* to last longer. Got it!

by Anonymousreply 6March 9, 2019 2:55 PM

I would hardly equate a plant-based diet with a "more boring life". Is eating meat really what makes life exciting? How peculiar.

by Anonymousreply 7March 9, 2019 3:00 PM

Man with an exciting life:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 9, 2019 3:01 PM

[quote] Is eating meat really what makes life exciting?

No but killing the meat does.

by Anonymousreply 9March 9, 2019 3:01 PM

R5, yes, the vegans truly are taking over DL. They have certainly crowded out all other topics of conversation. You see, while they claim to be a small minority, in reality the pernicious Vega-Fascists are in reality everywhere, preaching their doctrine of so-called "health" and "environmentalism". Why, it's meat-eaters that are the true victims here! I am working on this poem:

First they came for the Vienna Sausages, and I did not speak out, for I am not a Vienna Sausage. Then they came for the ham hocks, and I did not speak out, for I am not a ham hock. And then they came for the Chicken McNuggets, and I did not speak out, for I am not a Chicken McNugget.

Perhaps you can help me finish.

by Anonymousreply 10March 9, 2019 3:48 PM

The problem is that most people forget to eat fruits and vegetables; it isn't because they eat meat in general. And they never eat the right vegetables.

If you love carrots, corn and sweet potatoes but hate things like spinach, kale and various choi etc, you're just going to make yourself fat and/or dead more quickly.

by Anonymousreply 11March 9, 2019 3:56 PM

Unless its lettuce, cucumber or avo-r-ca-dor, hyuk.

by Anonymousreply 12March 9, 2019 3:57 PM

R11 Thank you for setting the record straight! Carrots and sweet potatoes are not only big fat pig foods, but they are so passé.

Everyone knows that if you want to live forever, kale, goji berries, quinoa and avocado are the superfoods currently aligned with the cosmos for a balanced and eternal life.

by Anonymousreply 13March 9, 2019 3:59 PM

No shit

by Anonymousreply 14March 9, 2019 3:59 PM

I will have my dietician look into this and report back.

by Anonymousreply 15March 9, 2019 4:09 PM

Wow! Eat more fruits and vegetables! Who knew?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 9, 2019 4:18 PM

Carnivore diet is taking inches off my waistline. The sugar industry is getting desperate.

Start Keto and then ease into carnivore and your body will reward you for it.

by Anonymousreply 17March 9, 2019 4:40 PM

The only way to truly reduce your risk of death and eternal burning is through our savior Jesus Christ!

by Anonymousreply 18March 9, 2019 4:45 PM

[quote]The problem is that most people forget to eat fruits and vegetables

How do you forget this? I can't imagine going through the day without them and I'm a meat-eater, but I need my greens. I think it's more people hate eating vegetables which is why there are a million "green smoothie" recipes.

by Anonymousreply 19March 9, 2019 4:52 PM

Not all people who are not strictly vegetarian or vegan are ravenous carnivores. If I eat a bowl of cereal, or a salad, or some pasta from time to time, it's because I want it, not because I'm trying to adhere to some fad diet, or because I'm helplessly incapable of not eating meat at every meal.

by Anonymousreply 20March 9, 2019 4:59 PM

But I like meat.

by Anonymousreply 21March 9, 2019 5:03 PM

The US life expectancy is number 43 in the world, behind Guernsey, Liechtenstein, Saint Pierre and the Faroe Islands. If you want to live longer, stop following dangerous American fad diets that are created by marketing agencies to sell you toxic shit and at real, nontoxic foods like they do in just about every other country.

Or juice 43 GMO avocados and 3 pounds of kale every day and die. Who cares?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 9, 2019 5:05 PM

SPOILER : You are still going to die.

by Anonymousreply 23March 9, 2019 5:05 PM

The common factor between plant based and keto/low carb/paleo is the removal of most of processed food. Eat more natural foods, less processed sugar.

by Anonymousreply 24March 9, 2019 5:05 PM

Are you telling me I need a vegetable purse? I already carry a snack purse!

by Anonymousreply 25March 9, 2019 5:07 PM

If you eat [what this national growers association paid a marketing agency to sell you], you may outlive your retirement savings and suffer miserably for years before you finally die!

Yay!

by Anonymousreply 26March 9, 2019 5:12 PM

It comes down to genetics. Period. My great-grandfather lived to be like 105 and he smoked every day. My grandmother died in her early 50s and barely ate meat and mostly ate vegetables.

by Anonymousreply 27March 9, 2019 5:14 PM

R27, if diet were irrelevant, and it all came down to genetics, then don't you think that scientists would have picked up on that by now, instead of constantly recommending more vegetables? Nobody says genetics play no role in life expectancy, but you are kidding yourself if you really think they are the determinant.

by Anonymousreply 28March 9, 2019 5:17 PM

It’s not only genetics. I heard a doctor say this once, and I agree with it: “Every single thing you put into your mouth is either your best medicine or your slowest poison. Choose wisely.” It’s true. Poisons shorten life spans, and foods either help you or slowly harm you. But it’s never as simple as “eat this, not that.” Every body is different and has different nutritional requirements and different sensitivities. Recent research is proving that intestinal microflora and fauna are different among every single person and those gut microbes determine what foods are processed and how. There is no “this is good for you and this is bad for you” when it comes to most foods. A peanut can kill one person and just be simple sustenance to another.

by Anonymousreply 29March 9, 2019 5:18 PM

R28, Bob whatshisname -the Big Loser trainer- had a friggin heart attack at 50 and he was a vegetarian. Meanwhile, that fat fuck in the WH is over 70 and eats fast food. It's genetics and how you handle stress that will determine your life span. I'm not saying people can live on twinkies their whole life, but thinking you're going to live waaaay longer just because you live on broccoli is nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 30March 9, 2019 5:22 PM

Trump is evil and evil people live long lives.

by Anonymousreply 31March 9, 2019 5:43 PM

I am a case in point. I had a TIA stroke 15 years ago. I woke up and changed my ways. Since the stroke my waist went from 42 to 34. My diabetes is gone, blood pressure normal, etc.

It matters what you eat. I eat mostly plants. Stay away from pig and cow, fast food and so on.

It works.

by Anonymousreply 32March 9, 2019 6:39 PM

My theory is that if you do not radically alter your eating habits every time a new study is released telling us that a food is a superfood or is a killer, then we are definitely dooming ourselves. It takes persistence, but you HAVE to keep changing your diet completely when these new studies come our or else you will develop cancer immediately and die. It takes discipline, but it’s worth it to live a long a healthy life, praise Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 33March 9, 2019 6:44 PM

Tell me about the diet that increases my chances of death!!!

by Anonymousreply 34March 9, 2019 6:49 PM

Are those supposed to be edamame or lima beans?

by Anonymousreply 35March 9, 2019 6:50 PM

r6, "plant-based" doesn't mean only plants. Variety is the spice of life, and when you have meat just now and then, it's special and makes life less boring.

by Anonymousreply 36March 9, 2019 7:05 PM

Ah, the oft-repeated strawman argument at r27: anecdtal evidence used to make it all about genetics, rather than using findings from a peer-reviewed study.

by Anonymousreply 37March 9, 2019 7:10 PM

Will someone find an underwriter for my study—maybe the makers of a PrEP medication—which is designed to prove that swallowing multiple batches of semen daily extends life by an average of 69 percent?

That’s how it works, right? Determine a conclusion based on what you want to sell, and then find the funder, and then issue the press release?

by Anonymousreply 38March 9, 2019 7:12 PM

If you live past 80 you will suffer all kinds of chronic illnesses. I worked in the medical field in geriatric care and so many people I have encountered were sitting around waiting to die and looking forward to it. No matter how healthy your lifestyle was your body will break down in very old age. After 80 your chance of getting Alzheimer's goes way up.

by Anonymousreply 39March 9, 2019 7:30 PM

I want to live to 200. Post-80 agony and living in public housing with nightmarish public healthcare sounds like a real way to win at life.

by Anonymousreply 40March 9, 2019 7:37 PM

I've been vegan for ten years. Best thing I ever did (except for quitting drinking)

by Anonymousreply 41March 9, 2019 7:39 PM

Most humans can't accept that life is finite or they're too arrogant to believe the world continues after their passing. We live. We die. It's how it's always worked with every single thing on this planet. Even the planet itself will eventually be swallowed up by the sun like a speck of dust.

by Anonymousreply 42March 9, 2019 7:40 PM

Believe what you want, R42. Me, I believe in science, and science says a keto diet plus HGH plus stem cell infusions will lead to full immortality by 2040. Have fun dying, quitter!!!

by Anonymousreply 43March 9, 2019 7:46 PM

R30, funny thing is that Bob Harper actually gave up his vegan and later vegetarian diet years before he suffered his heart attack.

by Anonymousreply 44March 9, 2019 8:41 PM

People underestimate their emotional reaction to what they eat. When you feel good when eating healthy (or unhealthy) you will look for evidence that affirm that what you do is good for you. When you don't feel good while eating healthy (or unhealthy) you will look for evidence of you doing something wrong and you will most certainly find it.

It's like the placebo effect. When you really, really want something to work you focus on finding proof that it does indeed work and it will.

by Anonymousreply 45March 9, 2019 8:58 PM

Oh, great, another ten years in a dehumanizing nursing home before we kick it.

::joy::

by Anonymousreply 46March 9, 2019 9:03 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 9, 2019 9:16 PM

Vegans are actually a lot like born again Christians.

by Anonymousreply 48March 9, 2019 9:20 PM

If people could live to 200 the planet would not be able to sustain that many people. As it is we are way over carrying capacity. The population would have to be much lower for that to even work. The planet can handle only about 2 billion comfortably.

by Anonymousreply 49March 9, 2019 9:42 PM

[quote]I would hardly equate a plant-based diet with a "more boring life". Is eating meat really what makes life exciting?

Obviously you've never had bacon.

by Anonymousreply 50March 9, 2019 9:58 PM

39 delicious foods that are linked to a lower risk of cancer. They are mainly plant-based.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51March 12, 2019 12:29 AM

I mostly eat healthy. Hemp seeds, flaxseeds. I eat so much chia, I've got a pet growing out of my ass. But I also like a grassfed steak (about 4oz) ever couple of weeks. I do believe too much animal protein is unhealthy, but I'm not giving it up.

by Anonymousreply 52March 12, 2019 12:40 AM

This diet seems very Lesbian. Has it been approved by the Council?

by Anonymousreply 53March 12, 2019 12:41 AM

I saw no mention of nutloaf.

by Anonymousreply 54March 12, 2019 12:44 AM

What's THAT supposed to mean???????

by Anonymousreply 55March 12, 2019 12:45 AM

Why are Vegans so unhealthy looking . I mean they have this paler and lack of energy . They also seem unhappy .

by Anonymousreply 56March 12, 2019 12:47 AM

That diet must be the [bold] pescetarian (or pescatarian) diet[/bold], which considerably lowers the risk of getting colorectal cancer, right?

The URL's from the TH Chan School of Health at Harvard University, the same group whose epidemiological findings are overgeneralized in OP's paste of a yahoo dot com article.

Those who ate a vegetarian diet had a 22% lower risk of colorectal cancer than those who weren’t vegetarians. Among those who ate a vegetarian [bold]diet that included fish, the reduction in risk was even greater — 43%.[/bold]"

Loma Linda University is Seventh Day Adventist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57March 12, 2019 12:49 AM

Seafood is divine r,57

by Anonymousreply 58March 12, 2019 12:51 AM

Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 59March 12, 2019 12:56 AM

Except for all the shit that has been dumped into the oceans for more than 100 years now. And who knows how diseased the Pacific is after that nuclear reactor disaster. And they say that farm raised fish is even worse. My urologist said to me never eat salmon! And I love salmon. And then there are the lobsters...

by Anonymousreply 60March 12, 2019 12:57 AM

Oh, I wasn't talking about ocean or freshwater fish.

by Anonymousreply 61March 12, 2019 12:58 AM

[quote] Why are Vegans so unhealthy looking . I mean they have this pallor and lack of energy . They also seem unhappy . [/quote]

Lots of eaters overlook the importance of choosing foods high enough in glycine, proline, Vitamin B12 and omega-3 fatty acids to replace the animal protein foods in which those amino acids, vitamins and fats are abundant.

Use a search engine of choice and paste these:

"What are the most common nutritional deficiencies in" + diet

where diet is Paleo, vegan, pescetarian, omnivore, vegetarian, or vegan

Report back with the diet with the least number of common nutritional deficiencies

by Anonymousreply 62March 12, 2019 1:00 AM

sorry, typed in "vegan" twice. I don't type fat, but I type fast, as in hunger fast.

by Anonymousreply 63March 12, 2019 1:00 AM

'Oh, I wasn't talking about ocean or freshwater fish.'

You fish from your aquarium?

by Anonymousreply 64March 12, 2019 1:01 AM

No, she was talkin' about another lesbian's lady parts.

by Anonymousreply 65March 12, 2019 1:08 AM

I didn't want to think about it.

by Anonymousreply 66March 12, 2019 1:10 AM

Good article from NYT on how diet, particularly plant-based, can help with depression and anxiety. I've long suspected as much. I have a friend that suffers from depression and I've long wished she would give it a try.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 3, 2019 11:54 AM

I like meat...never giving it up. I don't eat it every day, but a good burger or steak is appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 68April 3, 2019 12:46 PM

Hell, I'll sign this. Shame is overrated.

I switched to a heavy-protein diet about 3 and a half years ago. At my heaviest, I was 320 lbs, and I've lost about 125 of that and done a decent job of keeping it off. I'd still like to lose another 20 and build more muscle, but this has been better for me than any other thing I've ever tried. The key is sticking with it.

by Anonymousreply 69April 3, 2019 1:12 PM

It’s important to remember that there is much more to health than weight loss. No matter how much one loses, a high-protein diet is probably not healthy or nutritious in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 70April 3, 2019 3:44 PM

Already made the switch. Kevin Smith's whole saga made me switch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 3, 2019 3:48 PM

EVERY SINGLE nutrition study concludes: Eat more vegetables and decrease meats,

But fatty DLer's keep pretending the studies lie.

by Anonymousreply 72April 3, 2019 5:08 PM

[quote]It’s important to remember that there is much more to health than weight loss. No matter how much one loses, a high-protein diet is probably not healthy or nutritious in the long run.

And yet, my blood pressure, cholesterol, and A1C are all good. My family has a very strong history of DMII, and that, and generally being grossed out by myself, was the major impetus. I enjoy having all of my toes. And if that had been my fate, a diet like this would have been in my future anyway.

Not to mention the effects of hating my body a lot less has on my mental health. I'm still not happy about it, but it's not as bad as it was before.

by Anonymousreply 73April 4, 2019 12:25 PM

Veganism is a mental illness

by Anonymousreply 74April 4, 2019 10:29 PM

As if further evidence were needed.

I've never thought it was necessary to go full vegan and eliminate all meat and meat by-products. Occasional meat isn't going to kill anyone. The point is that meat should never be the mainstay of one's diet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75April 5, 2019 11:24 AM

[quote]The study, published on Wednesday in the British journal The Lancet, concluded that one-fifth of deaths around the world were associated with poor diets — defined as those short on fresh vegetables, seeds and nuts but heavy in sugar, salt and trans fats.

You know, a high protein diet doesn't include a lot of sugar or trans fats.

by Anonymousreply 76April 5, 2019 11:33 AM

But that alone dosn't mean it is healthy R76. You are likely still missing fiber and nutrients. Most Americans already get more protein in their diets than they need.

by Anonymousreply 77April 5, 2019 11:38 AM

[quote]But that alone dosn't mean it is healthy [R76]. You are likely still missing fiber and nutrients. Most Americans already get more protein in their diets than they need.

I don't just chomp down on steak all day. I also take fiber supplements. Again, if my blood pressure, cholesterol, and A1C are all good, where exactly am I being unhealthy?

by Anonymousreply 78April 6, 2019 12:42 PM

That's what I'm afraid of, r26.

by Anonymousreply 79April 6, 2019 1:01 PM

[quote]Obviously you've never had bacon.

I am going to have some this morning, r50.

by Anonymousreply 80April 6, 2019 1:16 PM

There isn't any question that a plant-based, whole-food diet is the best diet for your health -- and for the environment and, of course, for animals.

The issue is that most people simply don't care. Just like Trump supporters don't care about anything other than their own lives, meat-eaters aren't going to switch to a non-meat diet because it's good for everyone. They'll keep eating their meat and loving it, and probably being very happy about it.

However, what will make the planet eventually plant-based is the combination of resource scarcity combined with new technology that will create meat-substitutes that taste better than meat, are cheaper, and will be easier to buy and store.

There's a reason why Bill Gates, Sergey Brin, and most of Silicon Valley etc. are pouring hundreds of millions of dollars into tech foods -- these foods are, like it or not, the future. These billionaires are not investing in these new creative foods for altruistic reasons. They're doing because they believe that's where the money is.

And they're right.

by Anonymousreply 81April 6, 2019 1:30 PM

I'd rather live a 10% shorter life and eat what I want.

by Anonymousreply 82April 6, 2019 1:59 PM

I'd be willing to bet your opinion on that will change as you get older.

by Anonymousreply 83April 6, 2019 2:08 PM

R83 I ain't young.

by Anonymousreply 84April 6, 2019 2:10 PM

R81 If "tech foods" are "the future", then heaven help us. The problem of scarcity is one of over population. THAT is the elephant in the room. And no: meat, poultry and fish made in a lab and manufactured by big business will not reproduce the flavor and nutrition of the real thing.

by Anonymousreply 85April 6, 2019 8:45 PM

a well known famous cardiologist has suggested that any US male age 65 or over that has eaten a traditional american diet HAS cardiovasuclar problems to one degree or another..........think about it, 100%.

His recommendation...........no nuts, no meat, no sugar, no fish, no chicken, no mayo, no cooking oils, no olive oil, etc etc. no dairy

plant based diet..............fruits and vegetables only with the exception of guacamole.................to drink................... water and tea. Its hard, but if you have heart issues or health problems it can be doable to see if you cant turn it around by diet alone.

The general reaction in the population I think is......................... I would rather be dead than eat like that. I use to agree. I would diet occasionally and didnt eat meat but I still had a weight problem and hypertension etc after 40.

Im one step away from needing a stent now and I have an enlarged prostate now that 20 more years had elapsed. What I have found, generally is most men can fight off all the terrible eating the body has to try and deal with in consuming the average american diet, but when you hit your 60 s the body cant tolerate that much abuse anymore and your major organs start rebelling. Dairy, especially cheese is highly inflammatory and I guarantee you eating dairy will result in an enlarged prostate by 60.

Si I have embarked again to try and live in the plant based diet. Sadly mortality may hang in the balance if I fail. THe traditional heart surgery and prostate surgery I want to avoid as they are merely stopgay fixes not the solution.

by Anonymousreply 86April 6, 2019 9:45 PM

Sorry I'm with Dean on this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87April 6, 2019 11:45 PM

Countries with the longest life spans eat meat and refined carbs. They just don't eat a lot of junk and they keep their weight down.

by Anonymousreply 88April 7, 2019 5:14 PM

R86 Lots of bullshit there. Cheese is not "highly inflammatory". A well crafted cheese is a wonderful thing. It's healthful and delicious. I've eaten raw milk pecorino, parmigiano, gorgonzola, taleggio, mozzarella, grana padano, asiago, mascarpone, ricotta, fontina, burrata, robiala, stracciatella, scamorza, crescenza...etc..my whole life and I don't have problems with inflammation or prostate problems or whatever you claim. However, I don't eat Kraft slices or Cheesewhiz. There is a difference.

by Anonymousreply 89April 7, 2019 6:28 PM

R89 doesn't seem to understand the difference between "tastes good" and "is bad for you"

Dairy is indeed highly inflammatory, whether it tastes good or not, or whether or not R89 has had a stomach ache. Yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90April 7, 2019 7:08 PM

In Sardinia and Greece you'll find populations with among the longest life spans. Cheese is part of their diet. Sheep and goat herding are part of their culture. I'll listen to their wisdom rather than that of Uma Naidoo (who?). You'll find plenty of experts with differing opinions anyway. The proof is in results: the Italians, the French, northern Europe... all big cheese eaters and longer lived than Americans with their weird diet obsessions.

by Anonymousreply 91April 7, 2019 7:36 PM

What happened to all the miracle foods of the past?

Açaí berries

Seaweed

Oat bran muffins

Margarine

Wheat germ

Grapefruit

Alfalfa sprouts

Cod liver oil

Castor oil

Tofu

by Anonymousreply 92April 7, 2019 8:40 PM

My mother grew up poor during the depression. The public health nurse came once a week and gave the 9 children in the family a tablespoon of cod liver oil. Th3 Nurse would have them stick out their tongues and if a tongue looked coated, that child got a dose of castor oil as well as cod liver oil. Apparently the belief was that stopped-up intestines resulted in a tongue coating, so a coated tongue demanded castor oil.

The nurse would also check for head lice. Back then, communities in the US cared about the health of their members, both rich and poor. In the case of my mother’s family, her parents would have let their children die rather than “accept charity,” so it was a good thing the nurses checked in on them.

by Anonymousreply 93April 7, 2019 8:47 PM

R91 - Interestingly the guy who discovered these places like Sardinia and Greece where people seem so healthy, Dan Buettner, wrote several books about this phenomenon -- The Blue Zones. In these books he talks about the lifestyles and diets of people who are extraordinarily healthy.

Four years ago, after studying all these Blue Zones for years, Buettner went totally vegan, having decided that foods such as cheese were not good for humans health after all. He is now totally plant-based.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94April 7, 2019 8:54 PM

The people of Sardinia and Geece don't give a shit about what Dan Buettner eats or doesn't eat.

by Anonymousreply 95April 7, 2019 9:04 PM

And to which fully accredited, evidence-based health agency is “Purple Carrot” registered?

by Anonymousreply 96April 7, 2019 9:16 PM

I'm currently on the fish head diet......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97April 7, 2019 9:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!