Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rod Serling

Though he's not your classic movie star type, I find him very sexy. I'm not sure exactly what it is, whether it's his voice, or his bushy eyebrows, there was something ruggedly cool about him. I was a fan of Twilight Zone as a kid and when I was a teen, it was Night Gallery. There was an excellent AMERICAN MASTERS on PBS about his life and work which was telecast awhile back. I don't know if you can find it on the website, but it's worth searching for. The one thing I didn't know; the man was very short. I think the narrator stated that he was only 5'4.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 7, 2019 6:06 PM

Rod Serling was a genius. Any person who managed to use Richard Matheson stories in their shows surely was a master intellect. And intelligence is always sexy.

by Anonymousreply 1March 5, 2019 5:38 PM

In OP's pic he looks like George W. Bush.

by Anonymousreply 2March 5, 2019 5:41 PM

So sexy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 6, 2019 1:07 AM

I agree OP. I can't think of any TV host who is a modern equivalent to Serling, in terms of intelligence , attractiveness, and screen presence. If Twilight Zone were remade today it would be hosted by Ashton Kutcher or Ryan Seacrest... shudder.

by Anonymousreply 4March 6, 2019 2:33 AM

[quote]If Twilight Zone were remade today it would be hosted by Ashton Kutcher or Ryan Seacrest... shudder.

It IS being remade. Try to keep up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 6, 2019 2:44 AM

I loved his eyebrows!

I wish he could've had more of an upper lip

by Anonymousreply 6March 6, 2019 2:46 AM

He seems like he would've been quite hairy down in his nether regions.

by Anonymousreply 7March 6, 2019 3:27 PM

He was a chain smoker

by Anonymousreply 8March 6, 2019 4:37 PM

Does anyone know about his cock size? Has Rod ever jokingly whipped it out on the MGM sound stage while filming the Twilight Zone?

by Anonymousreply 9March 6, 2019 5:30 PM

R5 I thought the last reboot failed. Are these going to be new stories or is it just going to re-shoot original episodes with a black cast?

by Anonymousreply 10March 6, 2019 6:48 PM

He did kinda turn me on, until I found out how short he was. Interesting trivia, Barbara Billingsley from Leave It To Beaver was one of Rod's best friends.

by Anonymousreply 11March 6, 2019 6:53 PM

The 80s reboot was so ill-conceived. They remade episodes but would try to update them in ways that would undermine the intent of the original episodes. It was like they didn't even understand what made the original show so good.

by Anonymousreply 12March 6, 2019 7:01 PM

MeTV has Night Gallery on Sunday nights. It’s pretty lame. There’s a reason why you only remember 2 or 3 Night Gallerys, as opposed to a bunch of Twilight Zones.

There was a rebooted Twilight Zone in 2002, with Forest Whitaker as host. Didn’t last

by Anonymousreply 13March 6, 2019 7:16 PM

Rod didn't have any artistic control over Night Gallery. He basically sold out on it, exhausted from the heavy work load Twilight Zone had been.

by Anonymousreply 14March 6, 2019 7:18 PM

TZ had some clunkers, too, like Ring a Ding Girl, which was on MeTV the other night. Made no sense. How could the movie star go on her local hometown morning show and invite everyone to her one woman show later that day, then the TV anchor who interviewed her that morning report she died in a plane crash, noting “People have said she was seen at her sister’s house today even though she was in the plane.”

Duh, she was on your local shoe filmed in your town a few hours ago, telling everyone to go to her show in the school auditorium.

And why would anyone have gone to. the Founders Picnic in the park that day during a thunderstorm with driving rain that was so bad it brought down a plane? She died for nothing. The picnic would’ve been rained out anyway, so there was no need for her to get n the plane that crashed in the park.

by Anonymousreply 15March 6, 2019 7:41 PM

Laverne Defazio and Shirley Feeney were big Twilight Zone fans.

by Anonymousreply 16March 6, 2019 7:47 PM

OP kissing him would be like licking an ashtray. Smoked 3-4 few packs a day. Died at 50 in 1975.

by Anonymousreply 17March 6, 2019 7:58 PM

Worked himself to death, that's why he smoked so much, he was a workaholic.

by Anonymousreply 18March 6, 2019 8:04 PM

Short and furry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 6, 2019 8:47 PM

He was an anti-gay bigot. Once called two different actors fags.

by Anonymousreply 20March 6, 2019 8:51 PM

Which ones??

by Anonymousreply 21March 6, 2019 9:30 PM

No one knows R21. He had several closeted at the time, actors in his shows.

by Anonymousreply 22March 6, 2019 10:07 PM

Apropos of nothing, I was watching Alfred Hitchcock Presents the other night and there was a little boy in a police station who was lost and a police Sargent was trying to help him find his family. The boy was played by Billy Mumy, who played boy monster Anthony Fremont in the TZ episode “It’s a Good Life.” The cop was played by the actor who played Mumy’s father in the same TZ episode.

by Anonymousreply 23March 6, 2019 10:23 PM

I wonder if he just assumed Shatner was gay?

by Anonymousreply 24March 6, 2019 10:25 PM

To me, Rod Serling was the hottest man on the planet—ever. Runner-up would be ABC News reporter Matt Gutman, who actually kind of resembles Serling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 6, 2019 10:56 PM

His daughter Anne Serling is on Twitter and sometimes references her father's work in relation to the Trump era. She seems charming and obviously loved him tremendously.

by Anonymousreply 26March 6, 2019 11:35 PM

He needs a foundation garment in that pic at R19.

by Anonymousreply 27March 7, 2019 3:50 AM

Loved Rod Serling and loved TZ. Very excited to see what Jordan Peele will do with the reboot.

by Anonymousreply 28March 7, 2019 3:57 AM

Here is another shirtless photo of Rod Serling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 7, 2019 6:05 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 7, 2019 6:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!