Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dumbo

cant wait, one of my alltime faves, tim burton will return to form I hope and not his dregs of late.

has hottie colin ferrell.

BUT HAS THAT GROSS CORNPONE DWARF DANNY DEVITO. not sure I can see it now....

by Anonymousreply 58March 18, 2021 5:36 AM

I'm in . It looks cute. I love the baby elephant. I want Farrell to have a hit, even if it is a Disney movie.

by Anonymousreply 1March 3, 2019 4:24 AM

Agreed, love Colin and sweeeet Dumbo. also, I cant stand de vito either, alwys acts like he on crack.

by Anonymousreply 2March 3, 2019 4:26 AM

I cried watching the first trailer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 3, 2019 4:30 AM

Yay Dumbo!!!

Don't blow this one mr Burton... (Dark Shadows: shudder....)

by Anonymousreply 4March 3, 2019 4:32 AM

plz tell me Helena Bonham carter isn't in it. she has ruined so many of his movies.....and others

by Anonymousreply 5March 3, 2019 4:33 AM

I don't think the cunt is in it...

by Anonymousreply 6March 3, 2019 5:04 AM

Isn't this a movie for 6 year olds?

by Anonymousreply 7March 3, 2019 5:06 AM

Not sure I'll be getting a ticket. I'm tired of these Disney remakes.

by Anonymousreply 8March 3, 2019 5:21 AM

I can’t wait for the remake of Pat the Bunny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 3, 2019 5:26 AM

Yea, Burton has messed up some good classics.....

here is hoping, I mean how can u fuk up Dumbo?

oh ….de vito.

by Anonymousreply 10March 3, 2019 5:28 AM

Burton and Bonham Carter broke up. I can't see him putting her in his films again. She was in the Alice in Wonderland sequel post-split because it was necessary to the story.

by Anonymousreply 11March 3, 2019 5:30 AM

Wait I thought Bonham Carter was still with that Irish guy she stole from Thompson.

by Anonymousreply 12March 3, 2019 5:36 AM

Tim Burton went from Lisa Marie to Helena Bonham Carter to Eva Green.

The film looks sweet and thankfully not as garish as some of Burton's past work. It just may work. It's nice to see him work with Michael Keaton and Danny DeVito again. They were some old school Burton regulars. Also, Colin looks hot as fuck in the trailers.

by Anonymousreply 13March 3, 2019 5:40 AM

Now I want to re-watch the original. Haven't seen since grade school.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 3, 2019 5:55 AM

he keeps putting his ex, ms Bonham carter, in films cause she neeed the $ to pay rent.

by Anonymousreply 15March 3, 2019 7:00 AM

Tim will mess it up. Pity.

by Anonymousreply 16March 3, 2019 7:07 AM

At least J Depp not in it....think of the films he messed up.

by Anonymousreply 17March 3, 2019 9:35 AM

What’s next, a darker and grittier [italic]Bambi[/italic] in which the cute and cuddly forest animals take revenge on the hunter who took down Bambi’s non? Directed by Michael Bay and co-starring Colin Farrell as Bambi, Chris Hemsworth as Thumper, and Rick Schroder as the hunter.

by Anonymousreply 18March 3, 2019 9:51 AM

rick shroeder gets his hot plump ass fukd by colin, Chris pumps his load into rick's Christian mouth...YES

by Anonymousreply 19March 3, 2019 11:16 AM

R19 is why it’s too bad Touchstone isn’t a thing anymore. What did they do with all the money they made from [italic]The Golden Girls[/italic] in its network run? They actually started the current Disney remake craze when they actually thought Bette Midler’s [italic]Stella[/italic] would make anyone forget Barbara Stanwyck in [italic]Stella Dallas[/italic]. It didn’t anymore than Hollywood Pictures’ ill-advised 1993 [italic]Born Yesterday[/italic] remake with Melanie Griffith made anyone forget about Judy Holliday’s Oscar winning role in the 1950 original. But then the remake machine went into overdrive after Frank Wells does and Jeffrey Katzenberg started Dreamworks. How many versions of [italic]Freaky Friday[/italic] do we need? And how long before we get a third [italic]Pete’s Dragon[/italic]? And they just threatened a hip-hop [italic]Oliver![/italic] that will age even faster than [italic]Oliver and Company[/italic] did.

by Anonymousreply 20March 3, 2019 12:04 PM

[quote]here is hoping, I mean how can u fuk up Dumbo?

Well, apparently the storyline is completely different than the original film, and is more focused on Farrell and the human characters than Dumbo and his mother. So Burton found a way to fuck it up.

by Anonymousreply 21March 3, 2019 12:13 PM

I wouldn't doubt it. he seems douchy n out of it in interviews..his mind mus be goofy by now

by Anonymousreply 22March 3, 2019 12:20 PM

I'm not too worried about DeVito. He seems to work as a circus mc in a kid flick.

R7, yes, it is a movie for 6 year olds.

R14, that complete scene still makes me tear up a bit. MARY !

I will regret not having the delirium tremens scene with the pink elephants. Mind you there are still pink elephants in the trailer, but I doubt they are alcohol related.

by Anonymousreply 23March 3, 2019 12:22 PM

Burton will screw it up. He has done it too many times before. Odd he keeps getting chances to screw up movies. wonder why??

imagine it being directed by one of the awesome directors of today, 3 of the Oscar nominated directors come to mind. yet they continue to throw key trophy movies to burton? weird...

by Anonymousreply 24March 3, 2019 1:33 PM

It can’t be worse than his telling Johnny Depp to play Willy Wonka like Michael freaking Jackson.

The reason Burton gets chance after chance from Disney is because of [italic]The Nightmare Before Christmas[/italic]. It was a sleeper hit when it came out and its merchandise is still for sale today. It was popular enough that by the late 2000s, Johnny Depp-worshipping fat proto-frau fangirls with Jack Skellington keychain toys they bought at Hot Topic were a thing. That’s who Disney thinks will buy tickets to this.

by Anonymousreply 25March 3, 2019 2:37 PM

Didn't we already have one or two threads on this?

by Anonymousreply 26March 3, 2019 2:49 PM

Like this one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 3, 2019 2:52 PM

no, he lost too much $ on subsequent films, he mus be real buddy buddy with some body way up. or.....

his last 3 films lost zillions.

by Anonymousreply 28March 3, 2019 11:08 PM

I also am repulsed by de vito.

by Anonymousreply 29March 3, 2019 11:08 PM

I liked De Vito in Ruthless People and War of the Roses. He's also supposed to be a genuinely good person to work with- even his former nanny said so.

by Anonymousreply 30March 4, 2019 2:18 AM

He ruins that Philadelphia show for me. So jittery and hyper, remember when he went on that talk show drunk and high? sad

by Anonymousreply 31March 4, 2019 3:38 AM

I haven't watched him on any talk shows, and didn't care for that Sunny show in general, but not because of him. Guess I'm the "stuck in the past because of 2 good movies" DeVito troll.

by Anonymousreply 32March 4, 2019 3:50 AM

de vito sucks

by Anonymousreply 33March 4, 2019 5:23 AM

Disney's 'Dumbo' Could Fly to $58 Million in Opening Weekend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 25, 2019 12:46 AM

it will be a b movie, dats da only kind burton can makes any mores.

by Anonymousreply 35March 25, 2019 1:18 AM

if he messed up dumbo like he did dark shadows.....I hate him

by Anonymousreply 36March 25, 2019 3:49 AM

R36 Also Sleepy Hollow, Alice in Wonderland, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Planet of the Apes. There seems to be no cherished childhood memory upon which Burton won't crap.

by Anonymousreply 37March 25, 2019 4:00 AM

true that. not to mention that he plops his fug wife into so many of them. ughhhhhh:::h b carter

by Anonymousreply 38March 25, 2019 6:35 AM

a mirthless remake....thus variety sums up burtons latest flop.....alas

by Anonymousreply 39March 27, 2019 12:13 PM

The Guardian hated it - the word 'clunker' was used. The review also mentions that Burton fucked up the most important scenes in the original - Dumbo's mom attacking the boys who were tormenting him and then Dumbo's visit to her when she's locked up. If Burton couldn't do those scenes justice, he had no business anywhere near this story.

It might open big, but I bet the word of mouth will be lethal.

by Anonymousreply 40March 27, 2019 1:52 PM

‘Dumbo’ Will Be Global Big Top Attraction With $137M+ Footprint

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 27, 2019 1:55 PM

His biggest failure was not casting Russell Tovey in the title role.

by Anonymousreply 42March 27, 2019 3:31 PM

Chrissy Metz would have killed it as Mrs. Jumbo!

by Anonymousreply 43March 27, 2019 5:39 PM

Remember when Burton was such a critics' fave that some said that his version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory would be more enduring than the Gene Wilder version. His own fanboys have woken up.

by Anonymousreply 44March 27, 2019 5:48 PM

Hopefully Hollywood will finally wise up as to how big a hack Tim Burton is. The Mouse cannot be very pleased.

by Anonymousreply 45March 27, 2019 7:24 PM

R44: Neither Burton not Depp were ever the same after that misfire. And no, it hasn’t supplanted the original 1971 classic. If you want the book, then just read the damn book.

by Anonymousreply 46March 27, 2019 7:30 PM

It can’t be worse than Floppy Poopy Turds. M really embarrassed herself there compared to my fabulous turn as Cruella DeVil.

by Anonymousreply 47March 27, 2019 7:34 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 27, 2019 10:10 PM

The Daily Telegraph - Robbie Collins

'The problem with this latest entry in Disney’s ever-expanding range of recycled classics isn’t that it hews too close to the studio’s original animated masterpiece'

by Anonymousreply 49March 27, 2019 10:11 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 27, 2019 10:12 PM

I wish I liked this more but I still liked it. Visuals other than a bad CGI monkey are absolutely magnificent, really making this film a spectacle to watch. Writing is fairly mediocre and while Colin Farrell Eva green and Danny devito are all great there aren’t really any other standout performances. It also didn’t make me cry which is a bit rough, but nonetheless I enjoyed

by Anonymousreply 51April 1, 2019 12:42 AM

r51...I agree 100%....I didnt know what to think at first because I wanted to like it and was interested in Tim Burtons take. It had a lot of potential. Over all, I really like it. I think part of the problem was that it used songs from the original as background music, which made them recognizable, but also gave an air that something was missing. The visuals are well done. I didnt mind the story, but they should have focused more on the original story and let the human story be the secondary line. Burton had the opportunity to work his magic with scenes like Pink Elephants on Parade, and while it was a decent homage, He had an opportunity to surpass the original. I still really like it.

by Anonymousreply 52April 1, 2019 12:57 AM

Tim Burton’s Live-Action ‘Dumbo’ Forgets The Elephant In The Room

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 8, 2019 3:20 AM

I always get Dumbo confused with Dalton Trumbo.

by Anonymousreply 54April 8, 2019 3:30 AM

Visual effects are good, but overly sentimental, like a bad Disney flick. None of the characters are appealing. A constant 'sad' vibe makes it depressing.

by Anonymousreply 55May 7, 2019 3:05 PM

Tim Burton is a shitty director. He will mess this up

by Anonymousreply 56May 7, 2019 3:25 PM

R12 did you just wake up from a 20-year coma? You're referring to Kenneth Branagh, and that happened in the mid-90s. Then HBC dumped Branagh for Burton while they were making PLANET OF THE APES in 2000.

by Anonymousreply 57May 7, 2019 4:53 PM

The movie sucked so much they put a warning label on the original. It was that bad.

by Anonymousreply 58March 18, 2021 5:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!