Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Am I the only one who can’t stomach Real Housewives?

I know .. DL blasphemy.

But wow, are they a waste of oxygen or what?

by Anonymousreply 41March 1, 2019 5:12 PM

I've never seen it because I don't have cable. But I think it is what's wrong with this country: the addiction to danger, aggression, putdowns, one-upmanship, drama and 'shade'.

by Anonymousreply 1March 1, 2019 5:17 AM

Oxygen, space, energy... they waste it all.

by Anonymousreply 2March 1, 2019 5:20 AM

I always put the threads about them here on ignore, but I don't really care much. I just have never watched any of them.

by Anonymousreply 3March 1, 2019 5:22 AM

Clicking all the idiotic threads here to Ignore, day after day, is soothing, like playing Whack-a-Mole.

Ignore the OPs and a lot of other inane threads disappear, too.

by Anonymousreply 4March 1, 2019 5:23 AM

ALL reality TV blows. Cohen-produced reality TV REALLY blows.

by Anonymousreply 5March 1, 2019 5:48 AM

Never watched an episode.

by Anonymousreply 6March 1, 2019 5:49 AM

I saw it once for about 5 minutes and couldn't believe this is what everyone was talking about. Beyond embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 7March 1, 2019 5:59 AM

I confess, I used to be fan of the Beverly Hills branch, but , I lost interest. The "Real Housewives" aren't just stupid & tacky, over time, the shows become incredibly boring. Also, gay men are viewed as mascots/props for the rich.

by Anonymousreply 8March 1, 2019 6:06 AM

God I have watched many over the years, they all suck. I really don't get the gay appeal. All of those woman and some men are evil nasty bitches who vote Republican and Trump 90% of the time. All the queens obsessed with these shows are making them rich so they can take away more rights. Oh, am I exaggerating? I don't think so. Several years ago I watched an after show episode with Mr Shady Boots Cohen on the Real House Wives of OC. A fan asked who they voted for. Not like its a surprise but EVERY SINGLE ONE voted for the Republican President.

by Anonymousreply 9March 1, 2019 6:10 AM

Projecting desire on a group of female socialites isn’t very entertaining to me.

by Anonymousreply 10March 1, 2019 6:18 AM

I loathe all reality television

by Anonymousreply 11March 1, 2019 11:26 AM

As another DLer said a while ago, a more accurate name for the show would be Fake Housewives. How they carry out their staged fights and blow-ups with a straight face is beyond me. Are they all done in one take?

by Anonymousreply 12March 1, 2019 11:53 AM

You can blame the Osbournes for starting this downward spiral.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 1, 2019 12:10 PM

I can't stomach fraus in general.

by Anonymousreply 14March 1, 2019 12:11 PM

Just another symptom of our end of empire.

by Anonymousreply 15March 1, 2019 12:40 PM

Reality shows make my skin crawl. Almost literally. There’s something so creepy about the presentation and the people.

by Anonymousreply 16March 1, 2019 12:42 PM

The Brits and Europeans did it first. So much for the claim that they’re more cultured than we provincial yanks.

by Anonymousreply 17March 1, 2019 1:00 PM

Decadent, shallow deplorables behaving badly being normalized as entertainment for the emotionally stunted who find situation comedies too intellectually demanding

by Anonymousreply 18March 1, 2019 1:11 PM

Most reality shows are garbage. If people watched them for what they are - shallow scripted entertainment - it'd be different. It's the people who take them seriously that are the real problem. That being said, the world would not be with a loss if they all just went away.

by Anonymousreply 19March 1, 2019 1:17 PM

R16, you should really get that checked...

by Anonymousreply 20March 1, 2019 3:01 PM

I think it's fun camp- after a long day it's easy watching and entertaining enough.

by Anonymousreply 21March 1, 2019 3:46 PM

I liked it when they would focus on the women's fabulous houses and closets (shoes & clothes). Then the shows became grifter magnets. Then, with the advent of Twitter, the shows became self-referential and all they did was argue about who said what on their Twitter.

The OC women seem to be the worst, politically. But they are probably all just as bad as OC.

by Anonymousreply 22March 1, 2019 3:50 PM

I don't watch reality shows. Remember, that's how Trump became so well known.

by Anonymousreply 23March 1, 2019 3:52 PM

R22, I watch the housewives sometimes when I visit my grandmother, because she thinks they’re hilarious and better than comedy.

The concept of looking at rich and surgically altered women was interesting back then, but after a while you realize that the participants are trash and not what I thought the show would be about. They all remind me of the Trumps.

by Anonymousreply 24March 1, 2019 4:07 PM

My cable bill is $38 bucks. I have Food Network and HGTV. I have MSNBC and POP and some smaller channels. I don’t have Bravo We or E do I don’t miss all of the reality shit at all

by Anonymousreply 25March 1, 2019 4:10 PM

R25 well smell you!!

by Anonymousreply 26March 1, 2019 4:12 PM

Every single one of those hags on every single one of those Housewife shows need to be purged from society.

by Anonymousreply 27March 1, 2019 4:13 PM

OMG lighten up ladies!

by Anonymousreply 28March 1, 2019 4:18 PM

another "nay" vote for all the Housewives shows, and my dislike of them has nothing to do with jealousy. I genuinely find the concept and conceit of these shows to be horrible, boring, and very calculated.

Actually, a real ongoing documentary about middle or lower class housewives and their families would be of much greater interest, to me, at least.

by Anonymousreply 29March 1, 2019 4:25 PM

It is because of shows like this I don't have anything to do with women I have nothing to do with. They have proved ultimately to be shallow, misandrist, pretentious and hypocritical, not to mention passive/aggressive and very manipulative. They are scum and deserve to be ostracized from society.

by Anonymousreply 30March 1, 2019 4:26 PM

Interesting first sentence structure R30...

by Anonymousreply 31March 1, 2019 4:34 PM

The most telling fact is that on most of these shows the majority of these broads have to actually either move to the city their show references or somewhere near it. I've read that lots of them live in houses that Bravo had to rent for them. Many of them are basically so financially strapped they couldn't get a loan to buy a house or get a lease application approved if their lives depended on it.

by Anonymousreply 32March 1, 2019 4:38 PM

R31 I somehow got possessed momentarily by the ghost of Miss Jean Brodie. Basically an update of "For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like."

by Anonymousreply 33March 1, 2019 4:39 PM

Never watched it, or any of the specials, or read any of the gossip. I don't hate them, I'm just not even slightly interested.

by Anonymousreply 34March 1, 2019 4:42 PM

If they'd rename these shows to reflect what they more realistically are they'd be more palatable. They should all be called "Real Whores Of xxxxxxx".

by Anonymousreply 35March 1, 2019 4:44 PM

R32 I think you’re right. A lot of the wealth portrayed in these shows is staged. A few of these harpies are legitimately wealthy, but I suspect others spend most or all of their performance fees maintaining the illusion of wealth, in leased vehicles and properties. I watched for a few seasons when they first came on, but now there are too many and it’s boring. The conflict feels constructed for the camera. There are many of these programs because they’re generally cheap to produce.

by Anonymousreply 36March 1, 2019 4:45 PM

I like NYC and Bev Hills but they are shadows of the way the shows first started out. They are so over produced and staged now. I started late in the game and watched all the past episodes on Hulu and they just evolved so different than what they are now.

I love to watch the first season of NYC to see how different everyone was from when they started.

by Anonymousreply 37March 1, 2019 4:48 PM

The OC is probably my favorite, but I miss the original cast...

by Anonymousreply 38March 1, 2019 4:50 PM

I liked the first few years of the original OC one,but then it got boring and I never liked the other ones. They are also all so segregated. The Atlanta one didn't make sense to me, because I know some wealthy Atlanta women, white and black, and their friendship circle is much more diverse than that show.

by Anonymousreply 39March 1, 2019 4:57 PM

The original show in the endless parade of Real Housewives of.... was the wives of Orange County, right? I have one memory, someone's son was trying to be on a pro or minor league baseball team and he wore a t-shirt with the words "Buck Fuddy" on it. That is my takeaway from watching a few episodes. And there was no followup on this young man, or not the kind I would have hoped for, so that ended my watching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 1, 2019 5:04 PM

lol that was Gina's son Colton... who was H O T, and knew it!

by Anonymousreply 41March 1, 2019 5:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!