Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Argentina: Argentina: 11-year old girl gives birth to rapist's child after government refuses her an abortion

An 11-year old girl who became pregnant after being raped was forced to give birth after Argentine authorities refused to allow her the abortion to which she was entitled.

The authorities ignored repeated requests for an abortion from the child, called “Lucía” to protect her identity, as well as her mother and a number of Argentine women’s right activists. After 23 weeks of pregnancy, she had to undergo a caesarean section on Tuesday. The baby is unlikely to survive.

The move has been described as the “worst kind of cruelty for this child” and has been blamed on an anti-choice strategy in the country to force girls to carry their pregnancies to term.

Lucía told the psychologist at the hospital to which she was admitted after two suicide attempts: “I want you to remove what the old man put inside me.”

Lucía, the youngest of three sisters, became pregnant after she was abused by her grandmother’s 65-year-old partner. She was placed under her grandmother’s care in 2015, after her two older sisters were reportedly abused by her mother’s partner.

Abortion remains illegal in Argentina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62March 5, 2019 2:12 AM

What a shame that nobody took the kid for a "vacation", in a country where abortion is safe and legal.

Multiple abusers in her life, two suicide attempts? She's growing up knowing nobody gives a goddamn what happens to her, not even the lawgivers.

by Anonymousreply 1February 28, 2019 6:15 PM

Wow, that's disgusting. Fuck those pro life creeps.

by Anonymousreply 2February 28, 2019 6:18 PM

Lol I thought this said Angelina Jolie’s 11 year old gives birth. I’m too high. Lol

by Anonymousreply 3February 28, 2019 6:20 PM

Supposedly pro-life activists were protesting outside the hospital demanding she give birth. Similar cases have occurred recently elsewhere in Argentina and also in Chile.

by Anonymousreply 4February 28, 2019 6:24 PM

[quote]Supposedly pro-life activists were protesting outside the hospital demanding she give birth.

That's fucking sick.

by Anonymousreply 5February 28, 2019 6:27 PM

Poor kid.

by Anonymousreply 6February 28, 2019 6:33 PM

Don't the anti-abortionists have any shame, picking on a girl who was impregnanted at AGE TEN???

by Anonymousreply 7February 28, 2019 6:35 PM

That's going to be most red states in 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 8February 28, 2019 6:36 PM

So one boyfriend molests the kids . they're sent to Grandma, and HER boyfriend molests them too.

These men have been beaten to within an inch of their lives for what they've done, yes?

by Anonymousreply 9February 28, 2019 6:37 PM

The little girl and her sisters were being abused by their mother's male partner, so they were sent to live with their grandmother--only to end up being abused by the [italic]grandmother's[/italic] male partner.

Tell me again how degenerate "the gay lifestyle" is, heteros.

by Anonymousreply 10February 28, 2019 6:38 PM

Rabid Catholicism

by Anonymousreply 11February 28, 2019 6:45 PM

This is what girls were made for.

by Anonymousreply 12February 28, 2019 6:46 PM

Argentina almost legalized abortion last August. The House of Deputies passed the measure only for it to be narrowly rejected by the Senate. There were lots or protests and street rallies. The measure will be brought back up again after the 2019 elections. During the debate the anti-abortion forces accused the US's abortion lobby (planned parenthood) of trying to force abortion on the country while at the same time adopting much of the American right's anti-abortion rhetoric.

by Anonymousreply 13February 28, 2019 6:57 PM

[quote]Rabid Catholicism

You act as thought it wouldn't happen here the moment Evangelicals/Baptists were given complete power.

by Anonymousreply 14February 28, 2019 6:59 PM

How depressing. It sounds like she was given the c-section at 23 weeks because her own health was suffering?

So much sickness in this story. I do fear certain states in the US will head in this direction.

by Anonymousreply 15February 28, 2019 7:11 PM

Isn’t Argentina supposed to be the most ‘European’ - and therefore most enlightened - of all the South American countries?!

by Anonymousreply 16February 28, 2019 8:02 PM

R16, Buenos Aires is, I suppose, but once you get out of the main urban areas, it's a different story.

There was another story like this in 2015 involving a 10-year old girl in Paraguay raped by her stepfather (see link). I don't recall the full outcome.

Frankly, I don't see how you can advocate for a rape victim - regardless of age - having to bear the resulting child and still call yourself a human being. The fact that this poor child was only 10 when she was raped makes that whole attitude more repulsive. Just proves - as others have noted on various threads - that the so-called pro-lifers are not pro-life; they're pro-fetus and the life or well-being of the mother be damned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 28, 2019 8:46 PM

Side note: just what is up with straight guys and fucking with their partner's kids? I grew up with a girl who had a creepy-ass stepdad.

by Anonymousreply 18February 28, 2019 8:55 PM

Step-parents justify it by telling themselves it's not really incest. Not to mention the mothers clearly have terrible judgement when it comes to men.

by Anonymousreply 19February 28, 2019 8:57 PM

Men are such pigs. I'm not surprised by this at all.

by Anonymousreply 20February 28, 2019 8:58 PM

Isn't ten a bit young to already be menstruating and capable of getting pregnant?

by Anonymousreply 21February 28, 2019 9:20 PM

Not these days, R21. Between pollutants (plastics) in the environment and hormones in foods, kids are developing sooner because it's all wreaking havoc on their biology.

by Anonymousreply 22February 28, 2019 9:29 PM

This is the most disgusting story I’ve heard in years. Fuck those pro-life protestors. The baby is unlikely to live and if it does, who’s going to help care for it?

by Anonymousreply 23February 28, 2019 10:59 PM

[quote]Lucía told the psychologist at the hospital to which she was admitted after two suicide attempts: “I want you to remove what the old man put inside me.”

Jesus fucking Christ, this poor child.

by Anonymousreply 24March 1, 2019 12:03 AM

Can we please stop calling these fuckers "pro-life"? Because they're more likely destroying a life -like this little girl's- than protecting them.

by Anonymousreply 25March 1, 2019 12:12 AM

R21, no. It's always started between 10 and 15. This case has stunned me, it's so horrible.

by Anonymousreply 26March 1, 2019 12:27 AM

R17, my mother always said, "but it's not the baby's fault" in cases of rape, therefore rape is no reason to allow abortion.

I once said it wasn't the woman's fault either, and the look I got was murder. It was one of the reasons my parents kicked me out of the house when I was still in high school. They said I was a "hippie" (in 1990?) who was becoming a degenerate.

Far right-wingers don't like kids.

by Anonymousreply 27March 1, 2019 2:29 AM

If they performed the abortion early in the first trimester as soon as they found out (when it was an embryo) all they were doing was inducing her period. There is no fetus at 1-2 months, its the size of a lentil. At the beginning of 3 months the size of a blueberry and then the size of an almond. Women who have miscarried in their first trimester, even at 4 months, said they had difficulty finding the embryo/fetus among the blood clots.

What is really going on here is sadism. And violence against women. They don't give a shit about a fetus or babies who are already born. They are sick in the head people who only care about controlling girls and women.

And that's really what it was all about last year with that asshole politician who wouldn't let the 17 yr old Mexican girl living in the U.S. get an abortion. Rachel had reported on that story. I forget his name but he's one of Trumps buddies. Then when she was around 20-weeks into her pregnancy he finally approved the abortion, which resulted in a complication, not too mention more trauma, because the pos deliberately made her wait so long.

Hatred against females of all ages is really what this is all about, and this is just another form of violence against women. It's sadism. What they put girls and women through is sadistic.

by Anonymousreply 28March 1, 2019 3:33 AM

Argentina = Catholicism

by Anonymousreply 29March 1, 2019 3:36 AM

It may help to remember that Nazi Mass Murderer Adolph Eichmann was helped by the Catholic Church to escape Europe and hide in Argentina.

by Anonymousreply 30March 1, 2019 3:39 AM

^ And Catholicism = Cult

by Anonymousreply 31March 1, 2019 3:39 AM

^ meant for R29

by Anonymousreply 32March 1, 2019 3:39 AM

This is disgusting. I agree with the posters who wrote that pro- life isn't about protecting life at all.

by Anonymousreply 33March 1, 2019 3:42 AM

Jesus demands that pre-teen rape victims give birth.

by Anonymousreply 34March 1, 2019 3:44 AM

R18

Men who enjoy sexually abusing others (whether they're true pedophiles or just opportunistic rapists) often seek out women with children so they can abuse the children. This is one reason why I'm almost relieved by straight men who admit they don't want to raise another man's child. The ones who seem enthusiastic at the prospect creep me out.

by Anonymousreply 35March 1, 2019 3:50 AM

I agree with your sentiments, r28. I've tried to intellectual use the problem in the past, but it really just about sadism, misogyny and control.

I said a prayer or the girl, I hope she can have some sort of life after this. I also sent out a curse to the filth who raped her.

It also bears repeating this quote:

"Lucía told the psychologist at the hospital to which she was admitted after two suicide attempts: “I want you to remove what the old man put inside me."

by Anonymousreply 36March 1, 2019 3:51 AM

Meanwhile, here at home, the sadist-in-chief is reigning over Pedo Central on our southern border, where we have no idea of the number of children stolen from their parents and being held against their will or of the atrocities they suffer.

by Anonymousreply 37March 1, 2019 4:02 AM

R37 Yes, that is very disturbing and I am worried for those children too.

I think pedo-enabler Trump arranged for the intentional, planned border kidnapping of children and seized the opportunity, knowing if the children were separated at the border it would be a pedo's dream come true --- unsupervised children. When parents aren't around to supervise and protect their child, the pedos can molest and rape, and Trump knew that.

I think Trump enabled these perverts as payback to his rich Republican friends, at least the ones who are perverted sexual deviants.

After all, his "best buddy" (his words / description of Jeff) is registered sex offender/pedophile and hebephile, Jeff Epstein. Trump let them lose on the caged children knowing what was going to happen to the children. It was reported the other night on MSNBC that over 500 children under age 12 gave descriptions of sexual abuse while separated from their parents. They believe that number is actually much higher.

That entire scene would attract pedos. The camps where they were (illegally) detained was probably swarming with rapists, pedophiles and hebephiles. I also believe Trump actually made that happen. I think he planned it that way. He supports and enables pedophiles and hebephiles alike, who assault, harm and traumatize children, and then claims that he cares about the unborn embryo / fetus. He is truly 'without conscience.'

That is why Trump wanted the children separated from their parents/ families and with no tracking system in place so that many of them can't be returned to their families, especially the ones who were sold into slavery or sex trafficked. He wanted to repay his disgusting Republican friends for donating to his campaign or for supporting him and helping him get elected, and maybe also so that he can get re-elected.

If there really is a hell, the deepest depths of hell is where he will end up.

by Anonymousreply 38March 1, 2019 4:38 AM

What a fucking disgusting country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 39March 1, 2019 5:18 AM

R1- That's exactly what they could have done the minute the mother found out the girl was pregnant. Get her on a plane for a "visit" to "another relative" in another country. I don't see how they could stop it then.

by Anonymousreply 40March 1, 2019 6:08 AM

Why did the natives adopt the religion of their invaders? The Spanish slaughtered, raped and enslaved them. So they all become Annunciata, Concepcione and Immaculata?

by Anonymousreply 41March 1, 2019 6:11 AM

Unfortunately, R40, nobody seems to give a rat's ass what happens to this girl. Not her mother, not her grandmother, not their boyfriends, not the lawmakers or protestors, nobody.

There was nobody to take her on that life-saving "vacation".

by Anonymousreply 42March 1, 2019 6:15 AM

R41

Argentina has a similar settler history to the U.S. in the sense that they killed their natives and drove the survivors west as settlers wanted their land for farming and cattle ranching. This is why Argentina is one of the whitest countries in South America. It's possible that this girl is native, but most likely her ethnic heritage is mostly or entirely hispanic.

by Anonymousreply 43March 1, 2019 6:40 AM

Mothers and grandmothers who don't take precautions and find about the man first BEFORE they allow a potential pedophile around a child are not going to go out of their way, like flying out of the country, to help the child. Two different kind of people.

It is also possible that they didn't have the money to pay for everything; the abortion and also the airfare for the child and the accompanying adult, as well as one overnight hotel stay.

That is what concerns me if Trump isn't taken down and Roe v Wade is overturned. Women/teens will have to fly out of state or even out of the country to get an abortion. So they not only have the expense of the procedure itself, but also the cost of the transportation, whether its a train or a plane or whatever, as well as overnight hotel costs.

On another note, in some European countries where abortion is legal (I think up to only the 10th week though) it is nearly impossible to find a doctor to perform the procedure. My cousin lives in Italy and she said abortion is legal there but that women have to fly to the UK to get one because 90% of (OB/GYN) Italian doctors there will not perform abortions. There is a long wait which can push the woman past the 10 week rule. She said that traveling to the UK involves a 2 night hotel stay and the cost of their meals, as they have to arrive the night before the procedure and are advised not to fly back until the following day. So it can get quite costly.

by Anonymousreply 44March 1, 2019 6:46 AM

Creeps frequently target single moms in order to have access to their kids. A woman with children who finds herself back on the dating market is always at a disadvantage, because many 'quality' guys do not want to deal with another man's children and the attendant problems. Here she's already had at least one failed relationship/marriage and had her life thrown in disarray, only to experience plenty of rejection again once she tries to build something new for herself. So here comes a seemingly okay guy with a job and he's so great with the kids, and she thinks she's hit the jackpot, when in fact it's the opposite. These guys know all the ways to present themselves, to squash any suspicions, to groom kids whose own dad has bailed. And the poor kids are totally at their mercy.

R38, Trump deliberately waived the background checks for the guards at those camps. Hmmm, wonder why? In the future, the fact that they're basically abuse farms is going to be exposed. This horror is going on in our name, with our tax dollars. It is vile.

by Anonymousreply 45March 1, 2019 8:34 AM

I don't see the problem here. When the child is 10 the mother will be 21. They will be like sisters and can hang out together. So it will work out very well for both of them

by Anonymousreply 46March 1, 2019 8:41 AM

Not to mention how many women die in childbirth every year. A girl that young should not be forced to give birth. It is life threatening and horrible.

by Anonymousreply 47March 1, 2019 8:56 AM

^ I agree. But sadists like suffering and enjoy the horrid details of one's suffering. It actually excites them. They really should be behind bars, whether institutionalized or imprisoned. Either way, they should not be free to live among us.

by Anonymousreply 48March 1, 2019 7:52 PM

The Catholic Church isn't that evil. It's the disgusting pedos like the stepdad and stepgrandfather in this case molesting and raping children that are the real evil in this world.

by Anonymousreply 49March 1, 2019 8:02 PM

What a slut.

by Anonymousreply 50March 1, 2019 8:04 PM

^ Who are you referring to R50?

by Anonymousreply 51March 1, 2019 8:57 PM

Women need to be held accountable for letting men rape their children especially if they knew about it, this story is so fucking disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 52March 1, 2019 9:12 PM

Sounds like it was a problem handed down from generation-to-generation. I bet the mom was raped as a kid, too.

by Anonymousreply 53March 1, 2019 9:16 PM

[quote]What is really going on here is sadism. And violence against women. They don't give a shit about a fetus or babies who are already born. They are sick in the head people who only care about controlling girls and women.

R28 You nailed it. That’s the true mission of the “pro life” movement, but it’s enraging that so many stupid conservative women sincerely believe the “it’s not the baby’s fault” argument. Ladies, when your Repug men, out of nowhere, suddenly “care” about the “rights of children”, it’s a RED FLAG.

by Anonymousreply 54March 1, 2019 9:23 PM

It’s deplorable that the 65 year old “alleged” rapist and his partner are not being held accountable for the sexual abuse, while the child victim WAS held accountable - for the pregnancy, the birth. and for raising a baby.

Who knows what damage the pregnancy and subsequent late-term abortion - referred to as a “C-section” because it was performed by Catholics -did to the girl’s little underdeveloped reproductive organs. She may never be able to have kids in the future. What a twisted, fucked up culture, and yes - North America is headed that way as well.

by Anonymousreply 55March 1, 2019 9:58 PM

[quote]The Catholic Church isn't that evil.

You're either ignorant of the Catholic Church's history and its still-ongoing actions and policies, or you're trolling.

by Anonymousreply 56March 1, 2019 10:14 PM

I worked with street kids who prostituted themselves out to survive. After listening to their stories I can say without a doubt that the mothers in the situation knew what was going on with the sexual abuse by their partners. They chose the safety and security of having a man to provide for them over the safety and security of their children. We also had a lot of issues with Pro-lifers as some of the kids became pregnant. They cared about saving the life of the baby and after that the pregnant girls were on their own. The more babies they save the more righteous they feel. It was sick

by Anonymousreply 57March 1, 2019 10:47 PM

R18 they seek out single women with kids. The mothers turn a blind eye because they don't want to be alone.

by Anonymousreply 58March 1, 2019 11:28 PM

R58 pathetic bitches

by Anonymousreply 59March 2, 2019 12:33 AM

"The faithful took the archbishop’s request seriously, and anti-rights groups held “vigils” in front of the hospital. Tucumán’s health secretary, Gustavo Vigliocco, lied publicly about the girl’s weight to make everyone believe that her life was not at risk.

Between all of them, they made Lucía give birth. They forced an 11-year-old girl, against her will, to have a baby. They are convinced that women are procreation machines; they endorse slavery in the 21st century.

Perverse officials, perverse priests, perverse worshippers. If there is a God – a God of whatever religion – surely that God will not forgive them for what they did. If there is a God, that God will also use the hashtag #niñasnomadres (#girlsnotmothers)."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60March 5, 2019 12:11 AM

I grew in up Ireland in the 60s which was basically a Catholic theology then. Sexual abuse was rampant. In my housing estate I knew 4 girls who were raped by their own fathers. Divorce being illegal, there weren’t any step parents around in those days. And we all know now about the mother and baby homes and that a huge proportion of the girls sent to them were victims of incest and rape. I also had a (Male) kid tell me his uncle touched him when we were having a sleepover and it was an open secret that the postman was a product of brother/sister incest. That’s not even getting to the clerical sex abuse. Ireland has changed a lot but I still think about the environment that religious dogmatism fostered and it seems to happen all over whether it’s Catholicism, Islam or Protestantism. Needless to say case like the above don’t surprise me and I am horrified at the prospect of the religious right in the US getting any more power because experience tells me within a generation shit like this will be happening.

by Anonymousreply 61March 5, 2019 12:50 AM

"Who knows what damage the pregnancy and subsequent late-term abortion - referred to as a “C-section” because it was performed by Catholics"

Um, no. C-section is short for Caesarean section. Catholics don't have anything to do with the name of that procedure.

The faithful, religious Catholics do sure love to force people to have babies, though. Enthusiastic Roman Catholics are one reason an increased rate of immigration from Latin America makes me nervous. The last thing we need here is more pious Catholics.

by Anonymousreply 62March 5, 2019 2:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!