Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are People Really Fascinated by Irish People Eating Food?

Irish people try Russian Snacks!

Irish People Taste Test American Breakfast Foods!

Watch these Irish People Try Mexican Desserts!

There are like 100 of these videos on YouTube.

What’s so fucking fascinating about Irish people eating?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 13, 2019 11:38 PM

Seriously? Easter candy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 12, 2019 11:29 PM

Jewish food?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 12, 2019 11:34 PM

You're going on about the Facts Channel which went bust and was restarted under the Try Channel? You are aware that they started the channel to take the piss out of the non-ending "Americans try" crap from Buzzfeed and every basic Becky whore in Wisconsin, right?

by Anonymousreply 3February 12, 2019 11:38 PM

I enjoy watching them when I'm trying to unwind in the evenings. They have some really funny, witty people participating.

Irish People Watch the Puppy Bowl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 12, 2019 11:49 PM

What about Irish People Getting Drunk?

Where can I see that one?

by Anonymousreply 5February 12, 2019 11:51 PM

OP, "X person tries Y food" is a very common set up for content.

by Anonymousreply 6February 12, 2019 11:55 PM

Here you go, R5. One of the best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 12, 2019 11:56 PM

They’re adorable, and it’s about the personalities of the tasters. Like the cute Sharpson brothers, sarscastic Blaithin, Ryan who hates everything, Dermot’s rage against peanut butter, Leather Jacket Guy, sweet Irish Jesus Paul.

by Anonymousreply 8February 12, 2019 11:59 PM

Irish Jesus is fucking brilliance personified. I have to say I've got a thing for Silver Fox Paddy though.

And yes, I recreated the cocktails in this video and Aunt Roberta? She's a bitch...!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 13, 2019 12:04 AM

[quote] You are aware that they started the channel to take the piss out of the non-ending "Americans try" crap from Buzzfeed and every basic Becky whore in Wisconsin, right?

Wrong.

There are hundreds of people from different countries trying things from other countries.

Chinese woman tries American Chinese food

Russian eats Chinese food!

Russian food is disgusting to Chinese people!?

German teens try Russian food!

by Anonymousreply 10February 13, 2019 12:04 AM

i really like all these different ethnic types try other ethnic food - it's fun to see the reactions. I think the Irish people are just so funny, kind and the guys are pretty cute

by Anonymousreply 11February 13, 2019 12:06 AM

LOL at R10. The Fact Channel actually stated that they got started because of one particular Buzzfeed video that pissed off a load of Irish people. That's *real* Irish. Not your paper Irish in Boston.

This video, actually. It sums up American attitudes to other countries rather well...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 13, 2019 12:07 AM

Well, the Irish pretty much like all the American food, so how are they taking the piss?

by Anonymousreply 13February 13, 2019 12:12 AM

Men Get Their Back, Sack and Crack Waxed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 13, 2019 12:13 AM

The Irish are racist cultural appropriators

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 13, 2019 12:13 AM

I'm kind of a fan of spotty-faced Colin, whom I assume is gay? There's another one who is a bit ratso looking, but is better with facial hair.

Tom is totally built, but from something he said I guess he's straight?

by Anonymousreply 16February 13, 2019 12:19 AM

I really like these channels and I don't know why. But I agree with r9 that Paddy is the hotness. OMG.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 13, 2019 12:24 AM

Irish People try Cheerleading

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 13, 2019 12:33 AM

People Try The World's Hottest Wings (Carolina Reaper): Hilarious!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 13, 2019 12:38 AM

Irish People try Moonshine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 13, 2019 11:28 PM

R16. Colin lives with Kelley, the redhead woman with glasses and braces on her teeth. I believe that those two plus Sean are now the organizers behind Try. There was a rumor about a month ago that someone had purchased the assets of Facts and were going to revive it, but I haven’t heard anything since about it since.

by Anonymousreply 21February 13, 2019 11:52 PM

Is Donal Sharpson gay? The very tall gal (from Leitrim!) is a hoot; I have kind of a gay guy crush on the South Asian gal.

Ryan, I'm afraid, is a candidate for the proverbial Datalounge grease fire. George is a good guy, but tries too hard often.

by Anonymousreply 22February 14, 2019 12:12 AM

The South Asian girl? Sarina? She's fucking hilarious. Not sure about Donal - he reminds me of my best straight friend. The tall Leitrim girl - the one with the red hair? - is Elga Fox. A fair few of them have media profiles in Ireland - Shannon (yon ditzy loud-mouthed girl who seems to become possessed during the Absinthe video) presents a radio show, Silver Fox Paddy's an actor, Donal's a DJ and music producer whilst his brother is apparently a teacher (!) at primary/elementary (!!) level and has popped up on telly in Ireland.

The only one I really don't like is George. Ryan is an acquired taste - yes, he seems to hate everything, but when you see his stand-up (a hell of a lot of them do stand-up, especially over at the Edinburgh Fringe) you realise that his sense of humour is *incredibly* dry and sarcastic. I will admit to having a crush on Tom and yon beanie-hat guy.

by Anonymousreply 23February 14, 2019 9:42 AM

"Have you ever heard such *shite*?!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 14, 2019 9:52 AM

Irish People try Scottish Food, featuring the *only* reaction to have to Deep Fried Mars Bars

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 14, 2019 9:54 AM

Irish People Try Canadian Snacks (spoiler: just like the rest of the world, they love Canadians too)

I should say that this video is to blame for my getting my entire department at work addicted to beaver-tails and Nanaimo Bars. Nanaimo Bars are fucking *heaven*, people. (I also make pouding chomeur but only for my team and yeah, this is what I like to think Canadians taste like - sweet, full of joy, and un-apologetically moreish)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 14, 2019 10:03 AM

Were Van Gogh' s Potato Eaters Irish?

by Anonymousreply 27February 14, 2019 10:52 AM

they had a Famine!

by Anonymousreply 28February 14, 2019 10:57 AM

I can't. I just can't.

by Anonymousreply 29February 14, 2019 11:00 AM

Is the beanie hat guy, Davey? Not a fan. Not a fan of the heavy set gay guy who reminds me of Otho on Beetlejuice either. The bi (gay?) gal with curly read hair and glasses is funny, but I'm not as fond of the round faced lady with specs.

Unlike many viewers, Leather Jacket Guy and Harker I can live without. I once made a comment on Diane's channel and she immediately thanked me for being helpful. I kinda figured Paddy was a 'mo the time he brought his little toy dog over to play with hers.

If anyone's ever seen Cheeky Tam in Australia, I identify with her to a scary extent.

by Anonymousreply 30February 14, 2019 3:04 PM

Not a fan of Leather Jacket Guy. He just seems a bit too...MEH. It's all a bit forced and his voice grates after a while. Beanie Hat Guy appeared in only a couple of videos - not Davey - but my god, he was hot.

by Anonymousreply 31February 14, 2019 3:10 PM

[quote] "Have you ever heard such *shite*?!"

Yes, Ive heard shite all of my life. My grandparents were Irish, so my mother & my aunts and uncles always said shite. When my sister and I said it, our friends would say, “you’re mispronouncing that word.”

Nah.

We’re not.

by Anonymousreply 32February 14, 2019 7:11 PM

It's harmless fun.

Irish People try Little Debbie treats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 15, 2019 4:33 AM

Irish People Try Krispy Kreme Donuts For The First Time

It's about sharing an experience with someone from another country. The Irish people are really good sports (just like the Irish DLers).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 15, 2019 5:10 AM

Irish ass always fascinates me whenever I eat it.

by Anonymousreply 35February 15, 2019 9:25 AM

The new one: Irish People Trying Irish Whiskey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 16, 2019 2:18 AM

I drink whiskey (bourbon) neat - these Irish kids can be real wusses. The Paddy brand looked like generic bottom-shelf stuff to me.

by Anonymousreply 37February 16, 2019 2:28 AM

Irish People watch Rupaul's Drag Race.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38February 20, 2019 3:12 AM

It's entertaining, but also, it's possible to be popular here because the Irish look and act like Americans. A channel of French people doing anything would not be popular in the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 39March 11, 2019 3:11 AM

Irish food is flavourless usually boiled within an inch of itself. So their tastebuds are very underdeveloped. These are people who complain a shake of black pepper makes food inedible because it’s “too spicy”.

by Anonymousreply 40March 11, 2019 4:16 AM

I like the laid back black guy, but the black gal not so much.

I'm assuming hunky Tom is gay, unless told otherwise. I can't remember their names for the most part, but the one fellow who looked a bit rat-faced, looks a lot better with facial hair now. Colin totally triggers my dork fetish.

by Anonymousreply 41March 11, 2019 5:56 PM

Dermot hates peanut butter, but he thinks that Underwood roast beef spread was actually pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 42March 13, 2019 10:47 PM

Is there an Irish lads try bareback gaping by huge Polish cocks channel?

by Anonymousreply 43March 13, 2019 10:57 PM

Loved this YouTube channel.

by Anonymousreply 44March 13, 2019 11:03 PM

I think that the fascination is twofold:

First, there’s a perception that the basic Irish diet is bland and unimaginative - oatmeal, potatoes, farm cheese, soda bread, cheap cuts of meat, and beer/ale. Therefore, introducing an Irishman to any foods outside these staples will undoubtedly shock their unsophisticated tastebuds.

Second, the Irish are a very emotionally-demonstrative people and they don’t hold back on their reactions. Couple this with a colorful vocabulary and you are guaranteed to get some GREAT responses.

by Anonymousreply 45March 13, 2019 11:22 PM

Tom is very sexy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46March 13, 2019 11:37 PM

I am a bit turned on by the babacool leprechaun hobbit creature in OP's video.

by Anonymousreply 47March 13, 2019 11:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!