Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hoaxes & Hoagies: Part 5 of the gay Tupac saga

Here are some updates on the on-going investigation:

• "Police have dismissed the claims of a woman who lives in Smollett’s building who reported seeing “rednecks” with rope in the area 90 minutes before the purported attack."

• The two “potential persons of interest” seen in surveillance images released by Chicago police last week “are two bums,” according to a second source who is familiar with the investigation. “Downtown demanded that we put out something, so we issued the photos,” the source said. “They weren’t happy.”

• A source close to the investigation revealed that the purported threat letter against Smollett that was received days before the alleged attack was mailed from Chicago’s southwest suburbs. The envelope was addressed to Smollett at the Empire production offices in Chicago and had “MAGA” scrawled in the return address space. A white powder in the letter is believed to be Tylenol, according to other media reports. The investigation into the letter’s origins is being quietly conducted by the FBI.

• After a vigorous performance Saturday night at an LA club, Smollett said that—against his lawyer’s wishes—he wanted to straighten some things out about his story. Contrary to the original TMZ report that Smollett “fractured a rib,” the singer said after performing on Saturday that his rib had only been “bruised.” He also stated that, despite the same TMZ report, he was never hospitalized—merely treated and released. Smollett failed to make those clarifications in an earlier list of clarifications released to TMZ. He then declared himself “the gay Tupac” and performed his encore.

Here’s a link to Part 4

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228February 17, 2019 2:30 AM

"Following a FOIA request, Chicago Police have provided ABC with a first look at the original incident report in the #JussieSmollett investigation. The report notes Smollett didn’t want to report the attack, but the person who did believed it to “be in the best interest to.”"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 5, 2019 5:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 5, 2019 5:28 PM

Jussie expected this to only be a thing where he got attention from his friends/coworkers. His friend thwarted that when he made Jussie go to the hospital and file a police report. Now Jussie is in a world of shit because this NEVER HAPPENED.

by Anonymousreply 3February 5, 2019 5:34 PM

Coming soon to Chicago milk cartons

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 5, 2019 5:46 PM

Did R1 “This.Never.Happened” in the very first thread?

by Anonymousreply 5February 5, 2019 5:47 PM

How could anyone "make" him go to the hospital, r3. And wasn't it his manager who came to his apartment to take him to the ER?

by Anonymousreply 6February 5, 2019 5:47 PM

Did R1 *post

by Anonymousreply 7February 5, 2019 5:48 PM

You made an error in one of your bullet points. Smollet did not say that his ribs were bruised; he said that he was bruised and his ribs were okay. Please check his lawyerspeak and correct that. And read more carefully please.

by Anonymousreply 8February 5, 2019 5:54 PM

His mamma could r6. She just has to take off her slipper and glare at him.

by Anonymousreply 9February 5, 2019 6:00 PM

I WANT TO BELIEVE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 5, 2019 6:23 PM

I keep holding on (to hope that Jussie be a victim n sheeit)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 5, 2019 6:24 PM

Jussie you had to be a big shot, didn't ya? Had to open up your mouth...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 5, 2019 6:26 PM

Love The Way You Lie ft. Rihanna

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 5, 2019 6:28 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 5, 2019 6:29 PM

The Violent Femmes: Lies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 5, 2019 6:29 PM

"It was real in my mind"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 5, 2019 6:30 PM

Gay Tupac, that's like saying 'I'm the flamboyant Liberace'.

by Anonymousreply 17February 5, 2019 6:32 PM

Mind Games-John Lennon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 5, 2019 6:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 5, 2019 6:34 PM

Wait till the FBI finds one of his fingerprints under one of those glued on letters. And id they threw bleach on him, wouldn't his clothes have bleach stains on them? When I do laundry, one teeny splash can ruin a garment.

The show is sinking fast, and this was a lame attempt to raise his profile.

by Anonymousreply 20February 5, 2019 6:35 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 5, 2019 6:36 PM

Poor Jussie will be left a castaway

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 5, 2019 6:37 PM

I Believe in Miracles

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23February 5, 2019 6:38 PM

Jussie's story is what a fool believes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 5, 2019 6:40 PM

EVERYBODY PLAYS THE FOOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 5, 2019 6:42 PM

Dark End Of The Street - Flying Burrito Brothers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 5, 2019 6:44 PM

No More Drama

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 5, 2019 6:45 PM

I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 5, 2019 6:46 PM

Smooth Criminal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 5, 2019 7:02 PM

Lesbians everywhere are outraged!

by Anonymousreply 30February 5, 2019 7:02 PM

They should bring in the FBI and have them lead. I don't trust them either, but the Chicago PD is corrupt af. If this is a hoax, he needs to be charged.

by Anonymousreply 31February 5, 2019 7:07 PM

r31 Mayor Rahm would never allow Jussie to be charged. It was Rahm who demanded that the police release the image of the two pedestrians, as if those pedestrians were even in the area within 15 minutes of the "crime".

And Rahm's brother Ari "Gold" Emmanuel is the biggest agent in Hollywood. This is DNC/Hollywood politics, and police work and criminal justice have nothing to do with it:

"Would you like to know what detectives are telling us? It never happened. CPD is wasting hundreds of man hours to solve a Grindr date gone bad. The "victim" is refusing all forms of cooperation, his "ear witness" isn't cooperating, the Hollywood press is running with a non-existent narrative. The "persons of interest" are all but unidentifiable and left the area 20 minutes before the "attack," not to mention the anonymous witness who saw a "hillbilly looking" character that not a single camera in a one mile radius has a picture of. And that's just from a couple of people working the case."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32February 5, 2019 7:18 PM

Anonymous said...

According to a friend who is gay, the rumor is Jussie tried to pick up another gay guy’s BF at a bar and got bitch slapped. He and his manager made up the story as a cover. Makes you wonder if the “injuries” to his face were visible in the Subway video?

Speaking of bitch slapping, Watch this take on the “attack” by two black comedians...who appear to be conservatives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 5, 2019 7:23 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 5, 2019 7:24 PM

r32 l couldn't find that entry on the blog, and looking at the links on the right, I don't trust it.

Not that he's necessarily wrong.

by Anonymousreply 35February 5, 2019 7:25 PM

Is that Jussie photo something that was taken in the emergency room? The cut doesn't look very bad, or very fresh.

by Anonymousreply 36February 5, 2019 7:26 PM

r35 you wouldn't trust anything about this case unless is came straight from Jussie's lying mouth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37February 5, 2019 7:27 PM

r36 he lied about going to the hospital. And he didn't admit this lie until two days ago in Los Angeles

by Anonymousreply 38February 5, 2019 7:28 PM

Thanks, r38; I've lost track. Did he say that he had gone to the hospital, or that he had not? That photo looks like a hospital setting. I thought the issue was whether or not he had been admitted.

by Anonymousreply 39February 5, 2019 7:31 PM

r37 nice try. I think it probably is a hoax, but I'm not going to look at a right wing cop's blog for definitive info, either. Look at all the racist comments on the blackface senator post. The abortion positions are a dead giveaway.

by Anonymousreply 40February 5, 2019 7:31 PM

She don't lie she don't lie she don't lie...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41February 5, 2019 7:33 PM

I almost feel sorry for the next person pulling a hoax. They'll expect the same level of perks and celebrity fawning as Jussie, but only the most gullible will believe them this at this stage. They'll be a laughingstock.

by Anonymousreply 42February 5, 2019 7:40 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 5, 2019 7:42 PM

r42 if the FBI can definitively prove a hoax, they should charge him. That will cut down on the next ones who are thinking of trying it.

by Anonymousreply 44February 5, 2019 7:43 PM

The actual blog post:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45February 5, 2019 7:44 PM

The truth will come out eventually

by Anonymousreply 46February 5, 2019 7:53 PM

I very much want to believe it, but I...just don't. I could never admit this publicly on social media (I'm in the upper-echelon NYC theatre world, and disagreeing with the latest SJW-super-left zeitgeist is UBER verboten), but...nothing about this adds up and it REEKS of falsehood. Bitch done made it up. :-

by Anonymousreply 47February 5, 2019 7:53 PM

R46 not if Rahm Emmanuel can help it.

by Anonymousreply 48February 5, 2019 7:57 PM

Rahm Emanuel walks out of interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49February 5, 2019 8:05 PM

Mayor Rahm Emanuel: Chicago Is A 'Trump-Free Zone'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50February 5, 2019 8:07 PM

Rahm Emanuel Dancing to Blurred Lines at the Taste of Chicago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51February 5, 2019 8:08 PM

Rahm supports Jussie with his mind and his body and his spirit and his soul

Rahm Emanuel dancing to the Cupid Shuffle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 5, 2019 8:11 PM

Has anybody checked the video from Roscoes? Sidetrack? Little Jims?

by Anonymousreply 53February 5, 2019 8:17 PM

On the Hoard Stern Show.........

Robin: during the news, tells the story

Howard: so I’m to believe that racist guys are just driving around during the day with a rope and bleach hoping to find a gay guy.

Robin: no Howard, it happened at 2 o’clock in the morning.

Howard: there must be some sort of start up racist kit you can buy out there with rope and bleach and hats. I don’t get it. Seems like s lot. Don’t they jobs and stuff, I mean who has time to buy a racist start up kit.

by Anonymousreply 54February 5, 2019 8:21 PM

Funky Dineva believes there is no way Jussie is on any hookup apps, and there is no way he is out here meeting random men, as Jussie has been in a long term relationship for years (Funky Dineva has met Jussie and his boyfriend personally).

He also says the black gay community's criticism of Jussie is basically hypocritical and just gives homophobic and racist people more ammunition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55February 5, 2019 8:40 PM

R47 do you know Condola Rashad?

by Anonymousreply 56February 5, 2019 8:46 PM

R55 fuck that dude. I have to fucking PRETEND Jussie's story makes sense because I'm gay? Homie don't play that.

by Anonymousreply 57February 5, 2019 8:47 PM

Police report says they took him to the hospital

by Anonymousreply 58February 5, 2019 8:53 PM

r57, I think his point was you don't have to believe Jussie's version of the events. But automatically assuming it was a hook-up gone wrong is probably an incorrect assessment of what happened based on the fact that Jussie is in an LTR, and if he was on apps we would know by now. He also says the black community needs to stop victim shaming ie R Kelly victims.

You can agree with all of that, and still think Jussie is not being truthful.

by Anonymousreply 59February 5, 2019 9:05 PM

[quote]if he was on apps we would know by now.

Like we know the identity of his two assailants?

by Anonymousreply 60February 5, 2019 9:39 PM

Fresh news from Chicago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61February 5, 2019 9:54 PM

When a lying, thieving, coke-sniffing, stunt queen like Funky Dineva steps forward as your character witness ...

by Anonymousreply 62February 5, 2019 9:55 PM

Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson today said that Smollett is still being treated as the victim in the case. However, Smollett will be held responsible if the investigation reveals that he made a false report, according to Johnson. (Rafer Weigel, Fox Chicago)

Additionally, police were said to be preparing for possible interrogations, but they did not say of whom. (Matt Finn, Fox News)

Rope: Investigators had been working to identify the source of the rope that Smollett said was tied around his neck in a noose during the attack. The FBI has extensive scientific resources and product samples that frequently allow its technicians to identify the manufacturer of rope and cord evidence.

In a simplified example, technicians could determine that the rope is made by “ABC Rope Company.” Investigators might contact ABC and learn that the particular variety recovered from Smollett is sold as a plain-label product through Walgreens stores. Investigators then ask Walgreens for records of transactions in which the rope was sold. The last step would be to identify the more promising purchases and to review surveillance video and financial records of those transactions.

A source close to the case said Monday that investigators were visiting retail stores, which may indicate that the search for video and transaction records is underway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63February 5, 2019 9:58 PM

𝑨𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒂 𝑯𝒆𝒍𝒅 𝑯𝒐𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒈𝒆 @jussiesmollett investigation. Day #8.

by Anonymousreply 64February 5, 2019 10:04 PM

I thought he took himself to the hospital.

Anyway, when they finally have proof that he lied, he’ll be hospitalized for “exhaustion” and his people will ask for privacy during this time.

by Anonymousreply 65February 5, 2019 10:07 PM

#ChicagoPolice say they are trying to match the rope that was around #JussieSmollett to its point of origin to see if there’s surveillance video showing the person who bought it.

by Anonymousreply 66February 5, 2019 10:08 PM

R46 your silence is disgusting. Also , your pompous post is as bad as your anal fissures.

by Anonymousreply 67February 5, 2019 10:14 PM

Meant R47

by Anonymousreply 68February 5, 2019 10:15 PM

If that's the real first report at R1, I'm more confused than ever. The main aggressor wore a mask but the 2nd one didn't. Was the 2nd one white? The report mentions he was battered about the face with their hands but no mention of his ribs. There's no mention of injuries, no blood. I've never seen a first report and don't know what it usually covers.

If you wanted to attack someone with your hands, wouldn't you use your fists? Are you going to slap someone? Whoever these alleged attackers were they weren't very strong or they weren't trying to hurt him. I can do more damage to myself tripping over my animals.

by Anonymousreply 69February 5, 2019 10:18 PM

Sounds like Sweden right now, R47. Anything you say against the main party line = termination from employment. Very scary.

by Anonymousreply 70February 5, 2019 10:24 PM

Whoever these alleged attackers were they weren't very strong or they weren't trying to hurt him

I made a similar point after the face photo was released. For an actual racist attack or gay bashing he got off VERY easily. Too easily considering he was taken by surprise, outnumbered two to one, had his hands full, and generally was helpless.

by Anonymousreply 71February 5, 2019 10:25 PM

R63 = major UHOH for Jussie and team.

by Anonymousreply 72February 5, 2019 10:32 PM

R71, It does raise questions, doesn't it? I think if I wanted to attack someone I would have a weapon and not count on my fists even if I had a buddy with me. I wouldn't count on the person I'm attacking not being able to defend himself.

by Anonymousreply 73February 5, 2019 10:36 PM

If this is revealed to be a hoax, look for Empire to be cancelled shortly afterward.

by Anonymousreply 74February 5, 2019 10:39 PM

I'm fine with that.

by Anonymousreply 75February 5, 2019 10:41 PM

Seems like the fate of the investigation rests on the rope and the MAGA letters. I'm sure the FBI will narrow this down shortly. If Jussie wasn't lying you can expect his star to rise considerably.

by Anonymousreply 76February 5, 2019 11:01 PM

Part 4 isn't even close to being full. I really hate people who want *credit* for starting new parts to popular threads, and end up sabotaging the previous threads to do it.

by Anonymousreply 77February 5, 2019 11:10 PM

Its about a dozen posts from 600, r77. I agree it's a pain in the ass, but in this case it's really too late to complain.

by Anonymousreply 78February 5, 2019 11:14 PM

Why was the Michael Jackson Neverland documentary thread deleted?

by Anonymousreply 79February 5, 2019 11:23 PM

Who will play SJW Jussie in the inevitable Netflix movie?

by Anonymousreply 80February 5, 2019 11:51 PM

[R80]

The Rock.

by Anonymousreply 81February 6, 2019 12:14 AM

Nick Cannon

by Anonymousreply 82February 6, 2019 12:17 AM

Kevin Hart

by Anonymousreply 83February 6, 2019 12:41 AM

Co-starring the foot-long Meatball Marinara (with extra cheese), courtesy of Subway.

by Anonymousreply 84February 6, 2019 12:53 AM

Good point r76

by Anonymousreply 85February 6, 2019 2:32 AM

I'm confused as to the time frame. From what I understand, he states he was attacked after leaving Subway. Anyone have any knowledge about what amount of time passed between the cameras catching him leaving Subway and the cameras recording him entering the building where he was staying? Anyone know what amount of time he is not on camera on his way home (is it minutes, half hour, ???) Would also be interesting to read the interview with the Subway sales person.

by Anonymousreply 86February 6, 2019 4:07 AM

Well another stunt queen, Milan Christopher, doesn't believe Jussie either

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87February 6, 2019 4:11 AM

Who are the snowflakes trying to get these threads shut down?

by Anonymousreply 88February 6, 2019 4:17 AM

Whoever they are they must have hundreds of browsers to be able keep getting the op greyed out so quickly. As in troll farms.

by Anonymousreply 89February 6, 2019 4:25 AM

In the contest of getting a beatdown, 60 seconds is a long fucking time! Especially a two on one beat down. Set a timer for 60 seconds and pummel a pillow, you can do a lot of fucking damage. Watch a UFC fight. No way someone went rounds with two people for a full minute and came out that unscathed. Even the gay Tupac.

by Anonymousreply 90February 6, 2019 5:23 AM

shit, context, not contest at r90.

by Anonymousreply 91February 6, 2019 5:24 AM

I couldnt go out at 2am in Chicago alone without being strapped and ready to spray someone like a roach.

by Anonymousreply 92February 6, 2019 5:30 AM

In the case of MJ threads, there are legions of psycho stans who set google alerts for anything King Pedo related. Rest assured, they are watching DL now, R79 and R89. They’re as bad as the Scientologists.

by Anonymousreply 93February 6, 2019 5:42 AM

[quote]Whoever these alleged attackers were they weren't very strong

If, and I should point out that this is just speculation for now, they are the same people who really killed Nicole Brown Simpson, they are a lot older and less strong now.

by Anonymousreply 94February 6, 2019 6:16 AM

Ruh roh...he's back in town and the police want to talk to him again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95February 6, 2019 9:46 AM

I don't think there's anything inherently ominous about the cops wanting an additional interview, particularly if it's true that there's more surveillance footage. On the other hand, TMZ's "reporting" on Smollett hasn't been very accurate so far.

by Anonymousreply 96February 6, 2019 12:56 PM

r93 Wow. I wouldnt doubt it! Go to youtube under news about the movie, and his fandom called the 'Moonwalkers' are all over it! So educate me, so threads get shut down, removed if too many responses are marked as trolls? Why do threads get removed? New around here :)

by Anonymousreply 97February 6, 2019 1:02 PM

These five could have solved this thing days ago!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98February 6, 2019 3:20 PM

Not sure why someone keeps intentionally starting threads to compete with this on-going thread

by Anonymousreply 99February 6, 2019 3:37 PM

R96, it's been pretty close.

by Anonymousreply 100February 6, 2019 3:40 PM

R98

Fred: Look guys, Smollett has no bleach marks on his clothes. Plus doesn’t Bleach have a certain temperature like water where it easily freezes in winter weather?

Daphne: Yea? And wasn’t really cold that night? Why would his attackers choose to wear “MAGA Hats”? Most attackers don’t try to leave clues for their victims to recognize them, especially fashion accessories. That’s surely not a winter hat that you can just toss on to keep warm.

Velma: I’m still trying to figure out why Smollett and his manger refuse to offer their cellphones to authorities? You would think a victim of an attack would do anything to help catch their attackers?

Shaggy: I don’t know about you guys but I know Scoob and I I would never walk for food out in the freezing cold in the middle of the night. Isn’t Chicago one of those 24/7 cities like New York? Always up? We would have sent for someone to get us food! Right Scoob?

Scooby- Doo: Rwaright! He’s a fucking lier! Heeheeheeheee

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101February 6, 2019 3:57 PM

LMAO!!!

by Anonymousreply 102February 6, 2019 4:01 PM

I see the Jussie people have grayed out the thread again

by Anonymousreply 103February 6, 2019 5:48 PM

Well most people still believe Tupac was straight even after his death and many ex lovers coming forward, so people will believe anything.

by Anonymousreply 104February 6, 2019 6:03 PM

R103 the same people who voted over and over again that he was telling the truth, this skewing the results of the first "Is he lying" poll.

by Anonymousreply 105February 6, 2019 6:04 PM

Shaggy: Say, gang, like, I'm wondering who the STRAIGHT Tupac is!!

Scooby: Heee hee Hee

Daphne: That's not funny guys!

by Anonymousreply 106February 6, 2019 6:56 PM

[quote]Not sure why someone keeps intentionally starting threads to compete with this on-going thread

Whoever started this thread did not put Jussie's name in the title, making it difficult to find on "recent threads", and using the already shitty search function.

You shall be fined for this violation.

by Anonymousreply 107February 6, 2019 7:05 PM

Oh, you also neglected to insert a sexy gif of the handsome Jussie to grab our attention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108February 6, 2019 7:14 PM

I don't see anything "greyed out."

by Anonymousreply 109February 6, 2019 7:19 PM

Not sure why anyone who comes to this fucking site would have their settings at "delicate flower" but you must if it's greyed out for you. Grow some balls, set it to "asbestos eyeballs". If you want glitter and sunshine, go read fucking iVillage.

by Anonymousreply 110February 6, 2019 7:23 PM

R107 that was intentional to avoid his people sending a c&d Incase they have google alerts on his name. And I’ve been linking to this thread in all ju$$ie threads even the competing threads.

Muri3l’s been on a deleting sweep lately so it would behoove us to stick to one thread.

by Anonymousreply 111February 6, 2019 7:38 PM

Foolish r110, it's set to asbestos eyeballs, otherwise the thread wouldn't show up at all. Counter it by W&Wing.

by Anonymousreply 112February 6, 2019 11:04 PM

[bold]Chicago Police Superintendent: Jussie Smollett ‘will be held accountable’ if he made a false report[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113February 6, 2019 11:26 PM

So who is Jussie's long term partner?

by Anonymousreply 114February 6, 2019 11:27 PM

I dont know if I would be able to lie to the feds just to cover up late night cheating from my boyfriend. I hope this is not the case.

by Anonymousreply 115February 6, 2019 11:29 PM

I believe his career hasn't "blown up" the way he wanted it to, and this was his way of revving things up a bit--with the added bonus of getting involved with social issues as well.

by Anonymousreply 116February 6, 2019 11:47 PM

CPD release police report:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117February 7, 2019 12:08 AM

Are the police actually saying that he will be held accountable if he released a false report? Can you imagine them EVER actually releasing that statement if they believed there was any chance it was true? My guess is the investigation is now about proving he lied, not finding the attackers (sorry if everyone already came to this conclusion, I haven't been following the story too close until yesterday).

r101 that is gold.

by Anonymousreply 118February 7, 2019 12:19 AM

[quote]My guess is the investigation is now about proving he lied

Bingo!

by Anonymousreply 119February 7, 2019 1:37 AM

So he was wearing furs, according to this report. And the report refers to an "unknown substance"--if it had been bleach, there'd be no mistaking either the smell or the damage to his clothes. This is so weird.

by Anonymousreply 120February 7, 2019 2:10 AM

So the person who insisted on reporting it was a 60 year old black male. Don't know if that's an identifier

by Anonymousreply 121February 7, 2019 5:42 AM

Do you think Jussie’s shitting bricks?

by Anonymousreply 122February 7, 2019 5:48 AM

I can see why he doesn’t want to hand over his phone. That would be granting access to everything on it, like EG his dick pics collection & porn searches. Given the potential for humiliation, why would he want to put himself at the mercy of CPD not to leak all that shit.

by Anonymousreply 123February 7, 2019 9:57 AM

Jussie has a 60 year old Sugar Daddy?

by Anonymousreply 124February 7, 2019 10:45 AM

He's ugly and a liar and nut case to boot. What's not to love?

by Anonymousreply 125February 7, 2019 1:09 PM

Wait, the 60 year old isn't his manager? I thought that's who he called for support.

Still imagining our Jussie sashaying around Subway at 2 a.m. in a mink.

by Anonymousreply 126February 7, 2019 1:18 PM

I am confused. He was in a fur with a noose around his neck when he returned? That must have been a sight.

Sounds like he was a bit over dressed for a midnight Subway run doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 127February 7, 2019 7:18 PM

Hopefully faux fur. If not...

by Anonymousreply 128February 7, 2019 7:24 PM

“Gay Tupac”?

Redundant.

by Anonymousreply 129February 7, 2019 7:31 PM

If it's real fur then maybe he got accosted by PETA

by Anonymousreply 130February 7, 2019 7:35 PM

I was thinking that to R129.

by Anonymousreply 131February 7, 2019 7:37 PM

Too.

by Anonymousreply 132February 7, 2019 7:38 PM

[R130]

They should've yelled PETA country!

by Anonymousreply 133February 7, 2019 7:42 PM

A small development:

[quote]Police now confirming our January 29th report that #JussieSmollett "rope" was clothesline.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134February 7, 2019 7:44 PM

R134, not to pick on YOU, but there are several kinds of “clothesline”. When i was a kid, we had a thick multi-strand braided white cotton kind. There was also a thick (and rough!) yellow plastic version. And my grandma had one of those standing ones in her yard that looked like an umbrella, kind of. That one had a stretchy-green tubing kind. She’d get PISSED when we tried to hang from it because it would get stretched out. I’ve also seen the blue and white thin braided plastic kind in Chinatown.

by Anonymousreply 135February 7, 2019 7:56 PM

Might be unimportant, but in the police report it says the clothesline wasn't used as a weapon.

by Anonymousreply 136February 7, 2019 8:06 PM

Assuming that the attack happened, I suspect the clothesline was intended to be symbolic rather than to cause physical harm. And I don't think Jussie claimed that they used the rope as a weapon.

The story is more bizarre by the day.

by Anonymousreply 137February 7, 2019 8:11 PM

So per the Twitter feed above, the CPD are combing the usual stores for a CCTV of Smollett buying clothesline. That is how they solve half the murders featured on shows like 48 Hours and Dateline. They see tapes of the perps buying tarp, lime and a saw at the local Home Depot.

There is no question now that the investigation has shifted to discovering proof of his false report. I guess I was wrong about thinking that the CPD would allow the story to die with dignity in order to protect the mentally ill Jussie.

Apparently Chicago citizens are furious and demanding proper resolution.

by Anonymousreply 138February 7, 2019 8:13 PM

They should ask Jussie to turn over Credit Card records and see how he reacts to that.

by Anonymousreply 139February 7, 2019 8:19 PM

[quote]I guess I was wrong about thinking that the CPD would allow the story to die with dignity in order to protect the [bold]mentally ill Jussie.[/bold]

He’s a race baiting piece of shit. I doubt any of this has to do with mental illness, but I have a feeling that’s the card that will be played to excuse his racist behavior.

by Anonymousreply 140February 7, 2019 8:22 PM

R138 I was thinking the same thing. Now I’m wondering what store sells a clothesline type string/rope that is also open at 2 in the morning. The cops reported it looked like it came right out of the package, brand new.

by Anonymousreply 141February 7, 2019 8:25 PM

They can probably get his credit card records without his cooperation. You'd think, though, that he'd be smart enough to pay cash if he did this.

by Anonymousreply 142February 7, 2019 8:27 PM

The way many types of clothesline is packaged also looks rather “noose-like”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143February 7, 2019 8:32 PM

R142

That's true he may have paid cash for the rope, but CC records would show them stores he has frequented recently.

I'd check video footage of those first.

by Anonymousreply 144February 7, 2019 8:35 PM

Not to mention the surveillance cameras that are now in every store, even if he paid cash he’d at least show up on camera holding a package of rope/string.

by Anonymousreply 145February 7, 2019 8:50 PM

Also he didnt necessarily buy the clothesline at 2am. He could have planned the whole thing and bought it earlier in the day or days before.

by Anonymousreply 146February 8, 2019 12:14 AM

Then he would have had the clothesline with him when he walked into the Subway, right? Maybe he hid it in his fur coat.....

by Anonymousreply 147February 8, 2019 12:23 AM

With the authorities now checking out stores where this rope may have been bought, it won't be long now until we learn just who bought it and when. Someone's sweatin' bullets right about now, and I don't think they own a MAGA cap!

by Anonymousreply 148February 8, 2019 12:34 AM

R143 That’s the one! It was a size large load though, tee her.

by Anonymousreply 149February 8, 2019 1:10 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150February 8, 2019 2:08 AM

GURL! I didnt know Jussies's Frank was the legendary FRANK GATSON, choreographer of Beyonce's classic era!

Let us find out Frank Gatson has been dicking down young Jussie Smollett for all these years, that will be the gay tea of the century chile!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151February 8, 2019 2:19 AM

Jussie's biggest fan!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152February 8, 2019 2:20 AM

r150 that image says "Daddy and Son"

by Anonymousreply 153February 8, 2019 2:21 AM

[quote][R150] that image says "Daddy and Son"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154February 8, 2019 2:23 AM

I'm sorry, I don't speak Jive ^

by Anonymousreply 155February 8, 2019 2:32 AM

Soooooo many genius detectives here LOL Some of you guys are pathetic.

I think something happened that night. It’s not made up. If JS planned all of this, it’d be a lot more dramatic and there’d be more evidence. Who would create a plan with the rope being used as it was? No one.

by Anonymousreply 156February 8, 2019 5:25 AM

That's the point, [156]. It wasn't planned. It was a Grindr hookup gone awry.

by Anonymousreply 157February 8, 2019 11:42 AM

I don’t see a lot of gay Pride on his social media. I’m guessing he’s black first and gay...never?

by Anonymousreply 158February 8, 2019 12:18 PM

Hoax

by Anonymousreply 159February 8, 2019 2:58 PM

I used to think this was real, but it seems impossible to me that there's not a single video of the attack or seconds before or after. This is insane. Who gets beat up and won't let go of the sandwich? I'm starting to think this was a hook up gone wrong. Since the mayor of Chicago is the brother of the most powerful man in Hollywood this will be shrugged off if the police finds out the hoax.

by Anonymousreply 160February 8, 2019 4:50 PM

Here’s what’s probably going to happen. The police will be told not to release the fact that this is a hoax until the story dies down, in the hope that by then, the “fact” that this was a real hate crime will be so embedded in people’s mind the truth barely makes a dent in the preferred/convenient narrative of Jussies political supporters, the mayor of Chicago and his Hollywood bro.

The end.

by Anonymousreply 161February 8, 2019 5:08 PM

Rafer Weigel on Twitter:

@Chicago_Police say they’ve ID’d retailers of the rope found on #JussieSmollet & are now visiting every store in the city 2 check surveillance 2 see who bought it. They’ve also obtained more video from nearby hotels & red light cameras. Still no video of alleged attack

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162February 8, 2019 5:13 PM

r160 (and others), who takes a Subway sandwich to a hookup?

by Anonymousreply 163February 8, 2019 10:31 PM

Don’t expect anything until after the mayoral election. Nobody in Chicago wants this political bomb dropped and then have to respond to it.

by Anonymousreply 164February 8, 2019 10:33 PM

CPD detective: " Excuse me ma'am. We need to see your store video to determine who bought this clothesline" Dollar Tree Cashier: "Oh you don't need the video. It's that kid on Empire and he was wearing a fur coat. He was also going to buy the Rachael Ray dishes but his hands were full with a phone and a sandwich".

by Anonymousreply 165February 8, 2019 10:39 PM

I do R163.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166February 9, 2019 1:13 AM

Maybe Jussie got skills we don't know about!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167February 9, 2019 1:16 AM

r167, too bad there's not an image with someone doing that with phones and sandwiches instead.

by Anonymousreply 168February 9, 2019 1:26 AM

I really hope the CPD are lying about investigating who sold that brand of rope. I am totally disgusted that all of this time and money is being spent on a D-list celebrity who got an owie on his cheek. Hoax or otherwise (it is totally a hoax) Chicago has some of the worst crime, yet a ton of resources that could be FAR better utilized are being wasted on this bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 169February 9, 2019 1:59 AM

He never should have stepped into maga country

by Anonymousreply 170February 9, 2019 11:58 AM

Mayoral primary is a little over two weeks away. A lot will depend on who polling says will be in the final 2. If the machine is worried that it won't be Periwickle, Daley, or Mendoza, they might reveal video that Jussie made it up to depress turnout among under 40s. If they're ok, they'll wait until after the primary to minimize unpredictability.

by Anonymousreply 171February 9, 2019 5:45 PM

Behind the Scenes, It’s Clear Chicago Media and Police Doubt Jussie Smollett’s Story

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172February 9, 2019 9:22 PM

Hoagies and Grinder, Hoagies and Grinder

Sloppy ho, sloppy sloppy ho

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173February 9, 2019 9:27 PM

weird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174February 11, 2019 10:42 PM

The guy redacted his phone records before turning them over to the cops? If I were in charge of this investigation, I'd shut it down right now. How is that not tampering with evidence?

by Anonymousreply 175February 11, 2019 10:44 PM

R175 I think it's not that uncommon for those that volunteer records and have privacy concerns

by Anonymousreply 176February 11, 2019 10:47 PM

Really, r176? I wasn't aware. But in that case, he can't be allowed to complain that the cops didn't do enough to find his attackers.

by Anonymousreply 177February 11, 2019 10:53 PM

weird again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178February 11, 2019 11:10 PM

And for those that were interested, he ordered a Tuna sandwich and a salad.

by Anonymousreply 179February 11, 2019 11:25 PM

He got back to his apartment with a sandwich and a salad?

by Anonymousreply 180February 11, 2019 11:29 PM

Yes, that was raised on the other thread a while ago. Kind of a neat trick, juggling a tuna sandwich, a salad and a phone while fighting off these marauders.

by Anonymousreply 181February 11, 2019 11:43 PM

“It starts a conversation.”

by Anonymousreply 182February 12, 2019 12:23 AM

@nypost has reported it found an empty hot sauce bottle, partially filled with a clear liquid that smelled like bleach

They had more then a week for Jussie's agent to plant it. I wonder how many days it sat there unnoticed amidst the Chicago debris.

by Anonymousreply 183February 12, 2019 12:36 AM

And Jussie redacted his phone records.

by Anonymousreply 184February 12, 2019 12:38 AM

Someone on one of the other Jussie threads said that's fairly common and permissible, r184.

by Anonymousreply 185February 12, 2019 12:48 AM

All you have to do is log into your account and print out the call history. Even a screen shot of the phone history would have sufficed.

by Anonymousreply 186February 12, 2019 1:07 AM

Why was he on the phone with his manager at 2 o'clock in the morning? Are they also fucking? First it was the manager's apartment where he went to after the "attack" and then the story changed (again) to it being Jussie's apartment. One and the same? Or is Jussie just one of those people who makes up so much shit that he can't keep track of it all?

by Anonymousreply 187February 12, 2019 1:26 AM

DL detectives are now officially tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 188February 12, 2019 6:12 AM

DL detectives had it right

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189February 12, 2019 6:34 AM

It's going on two weeks now, and the cops haven't even thrown JS a bone by confirming publicly that bleach was found on his clothing.

Has there been a statement that the contents of the Hot Sauce will be tested and compared to what was found on his clothing?

One statement just says the CPD isn't sure what the bottle has to do with anything.

And oh yeah, JS submitted an altered phone record. nothing suspicious about that.....

by Anonymousreply 190February 12, 2019 5:00 PM

[quote]IT'S TIME FOR THE CHICAGO PD TO CHARGE JUSSIE SMOLLETT FOR FABRICATING A HATE CRIME

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191February 12, 2019 5:07 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192February 12, 2019 11:26 PM

It's not really co-operation when what you hand over is so redacted it's worthless now is it?

by Anonymousreply 193February 12, 2019 11:27 PM

This story is pretty much dead. The only place that seems to be keeping it alive is right here.

by Anonymousreply 194February 12, 2019 11:57 PM

Right, Jussie at r194, just us, except this Advocate article is from today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195February 13, 2019 12:06 AM

Because the police rejected his phone records R195. If they had accepted his phone records we probably would not have heard anything.

by Anonymousreply 196February 13, 2019 12:10 AM

Who cares why r196? The point is, you said no one was talking about this still and I am telling you that people are.

by Anonymousreply 197February 13, 2019 12:12 AM

R196 is so invested in Jussie's bullshit story that he's now spending all his time shifting goalposts around and generally making a complete fool of himself as he scurries around trying to defend the indefensible.

by Anonymousreply 198February 13, 2019 12:13 AM

Reread what I wrote R197. I never said no one. If you look at my comments R198 you will see I've been calling this a hoax all along. Kindly fuck off with your ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 199February 13, 2019 12:15 AM

No. You fuck off. Right off this site. You don't belong here.

by Anonymousreply 200February 13, 2019 12:17 AM

You're an idiot R200.

by Anonymousreply 201February 13, 2019 12:18 AM

R201 Your mother wears combat boots. There. Are we even now?

by Anonymousreply 202February 13, 2019 12:20 AM

[quote] No. You fuck off. Right off this site. You don't belong here.

Take no prisoners

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203February 13, 2019 12:27 AM

I'm telling you now so I don't have to tell you then.

by Anonymousreply 204February 13, 2019 12:29 AM

Lol R203.

by Anonymousreply 205February 13, 2019 12:29 AM

Look at all the fighting Jussie has started with his obvious lies, people are tearing each other apart...

by Anonymousreply 206February 13, 2019 6:04 PM

If they really want to solve it, just go the Homeland Security route. They've got everybody's tech monitored up the ying. The FBI needs to go into their DBs, and pull it up. I'm sure they could get any of his phone convos if they wanted them. Considering the seriousness of the allegations, I'm sure they'd get a warrant.

Then, if he's lying, throw the book at him.

by Anonymousreply 207February 13, 2019 10:35 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208February 13, 2019 10:51 PM

Chicago PD are now actively investigating whether it is a hoax.

I TOLD YOU SO.

by Anonymousreply 209February 15, 2019 2:32 AM

Link R209.

by Anonymousreply 210February 15, 2019 2:33 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211February 15, 2019 3:46 AM

"Bold prediction: the blue checkmark coverage of the apparent #Jussie Smollett hoax will break down evenly between “Republicans pounce” and “even if this is fake, it speaks to a wider truth”. Introspection will be curiously absent, no matter how many times things like this happen"

by Anonymousreply 212February 15, 2019 3:46 AM

Feb 7 "Chi-police already told @RobElgasABC7 #Jussie walked down a street that has a BENCH on it, but there are NO BENCHES between his condo and Subway. He diverted one block out of his way home onto River St. WHERE THERE IS A BENCH, across from @LizziesIrishPub!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213February 15, 2019 3:48 AM

HodgeTwins ‏ "In 2010 Jussie Smollett tweeted “What liars don't realize is that they are the most obvious people. bullshit isn't that hard to smell. Just open ya nose and breathe. Aaahh!”"

by Anonymousreply 214February 15, 2019 3:49 AM

Larry Elder ‏ "There are about 400K annual violent crimes—murder, attempted murder, rape, manslaughter, assault with a weapon— between blacks and whites. 85% involve a black perp and a white victim.

So, #JussieSmollett’s claim that 2 whites attacked him, would have been statistically rare."

by Anonymousreply 215February 15, 2019 3:51 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216February 15, 2019 4:13 AM

The Hodge Twins are fucking embarrassments.

by Anonymousreply 217February 15, 2019 5:32 AM

People who commit a hate crime do horrendous harm to their victims.

People who selfishly fake a hate crime do horrendous harm to all future victims.

by Anonymousreply 218February 16, 2019 11:36 PM

Hey, look! A deleted thread got undeleted!

by Anonymousreply 219February 16, 2019 11:37 PM

I don't think this was the deleted thread. I think it was Did Jussie Smollett Fabricate....

by Anonymousreply 220February 16, 2019 11:38 PM

Called way before everyone.

by Anonymousreply 221February 17, 2019 12:16 AM

I love how our thread is crossed out.

by Anonymousreply 222February 17, 2019 12:17 AM

What is that—people who tell the truth are hated? People ahead of their time are hated?

by Anonymousreply 223February 17, 2019 12:17 AM

Charlie De Mar ‏ Verified account

New: Sources—The brothers were paid $3,500 prior to leaving for Nigeria and were promised an additional $500 upon their return. @cbschicago

by Anonymousreply 224February 17, 2019 12:28 AM

Called it the moment the story broke R221. Every single detail was absurd.

by Anonymousreply 225February 17, 2019 12:36 AM

Yes and now everyone has their own little thread gleefully posting and our thread has been FF’d and kicked to the curb.

by Anonymousreply 226February 17, 2019 12:42 AM

In all my years of being on DL this s the first time I have known a deleted thread to be reposted.

I guess Muriel did not like the piling on of all of us "he planned it" DLers. But now that the cat is out of the bag, she must have had second thoughts. I just wish that we would hear from some of the assholes who accused us of racism and disloyalty for not blindly believing his story.

There were so many screeching queens with their "F&F!!!! THREAD CLOSED!!! DEPLORABLES!!" bullshit. Maybe this will teach them to take that shit down a notch. And for all the shit thrown at Trump and his erratic and sometimes vindictive Tweeting, I have not seen a thing so far to indicate any finger wagging at Jussie. I am betting that he will low key the whole thing even when the facts are all out in the open.

If this kills that ridiculous anti-lynching bill proposed by Harris and Booker it will almost be worth it.

by Anonymousreply 227February 17, 2019 2:25 AM

This was not the one deleted R227.

by Anonymousreply 228February 17, 2019 2:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!