Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Opioid deaths now claim more US lives than car crashes

Majority are Trump voters!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 2, 2019 11:08 PM

thoughts and prayers

by Anonymousreply 1February 1, 2019 7:05 PM

Twats and single-payers.

by Anonymousreply 2February 1, 2019 7:09 PM

Fentanyl is punishment from Jesus!

by Anonymousreply 3February 1, 2019 7:11 PM

Isn't Fentanyl coming from China? Has anyone investigated the political implications of that?

by Anonymousreply 4February 1, 2019 7:12 PM

Who cares, R4? It's God's will.

by Anonymousreply 5February 1, 2019 7:14 PM

There is no god. So it's not the will of a sky fairy.

by Anonymousreply 6February 1, 2019 8:53 PM

Opioids are doing God's work.

by Anonymousreply 7February 1, 2019 9:30 PM

Womp womp, stupid deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 8February 1, 2019 9:32 PM

They're such terribly unhappy, angry, antisocial people so this is working out very well for us.

by Anonymousreply 9February 1, 2019 9:37 PM

Karma, cunts!

by Anonymousreply 10February 1, 2019 9:52 PM

Without Narcan, this number would be MUCH higher. I remember one man on Live PD said he'd had it administered 5 times at the cost of taxpayers of course.

by Anonymousreply 11February 1, 2019 10:23 PM

Good.

by Anonymousreply 12February 1, 2019 10:55 PM

How do we know majority are Trumpsters? That’s not in the NPR article. I wish it were so but would like to see statistical evidence. I just did some searching on my own but didn’t find much other than that the epidemic is affecting all races and classes, and is causing more ODs in women than men because they are being prescribed more painkillers for chronic pain.

by Anonymousreply 13February 1, 2019 11:05 PM

Is it just one person who repeatedly insists that opiod addicts are Trump voters? Because that's a really stupid thing to post.

by Anonymousreply 14February 1, 2019 11:06 PM

Here, morons. This is common knowledge by now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 1, 2019 11:07 PM

not seeing an issue....

by Anonymousreply 16February 1, 2019 11:13 PM

The rate of opioid overdose deaths among Blacks already exceeds that of whites in several states

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 1, 2019 11:17 PM

The Opioid Crisis Is Surging In Black, Urban Communities

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 1, 2019 11:18 PM

The Whites and Blacks are killing each other !!!

by Anonymousreply 19February 1, 2019 11:21 PM

White overdose death 50% higher than blacks, 167% higher than Hispanics. Yikes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 1, 2019 11:24 PM

Trump voters just keep dying from ODs. This is tragic.

by Anonymousreply 21February 1, 2019 11:25 PM

During the years 2013-2015, the rate of fatal opioid overdoses was nearly three times higher among American Indian and Alaska Natives compared to whites, new research shows

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 2, 2019 12:26 AM

What Explains The Rising Overdose Rate Among Latinos?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23February 2, 2019 12:29 AM

Obama immigration policies delayed the Latino take over by 20 years.

Obama deported so many Latinos that because of the Obama administration Latinos cannot become a majority until 2060, 20 years later than the projected 2040 that was once projected pre-Obama.

LOL But now the Opioid epidemic is guaranteeing that Hispanics will become a majority before 2050. Oopsy.

by Anonymousreply 24February 2, 2019 2:31 AM

Fentanyl is a huge, huge problem. Every single famous person who died of an overdose in the past four years (including Patton Oswald's wife) died because they bought fake oxy pills or fake heroin made with fentanyl.

It happened to me. A couple of times I bought what I thought were oxycontin pills from a dealer. I took them, and started to have trouble breathing. And I couldn't remember my name, and could barely speak for about a minute. I was lucky. Because of my high tolerance and my mass (I'm 6'5) I didn't pass out. I realized they were fake, and learned to know the difference between real and fake pills.

Prince got on a plane with fake Norco pills made with Fentanyl. He took the mid-flight, and overdosed. They were able to land quick enough to get him a narcan shot. A week or so later, he bought the same pills from the same dealer. This time, he passed out in his elevator. No one found him until it was too late.

If Trump were serious about saving lives, he would forget about the wall. He would get with the Mexican government, get both countries militaries involved, and STAMP OUT the fent trade.

Fentanyl is the crisis. No one frames it as such.

by Anonymousreply 25February 2, 2019 2:45 AM

Good riddance!

R25, why are you throwing your life away? Because that's what you're doing.

by Anonymousreply 26February 2, 2019 7:31 AM

Car accidents accounted for 37,000 deaths. All drug related overdose deaths accounted for 70,000 deaths. All opioid deaths are 47,000 but only direct opioid deaths are less than 5,000.

You almost never have a single drug use causing death, so when opioids are in the system the attribute it to that, though another drug may have been the trigger to the actual OD, not the opiod, you can't tell.. Thus you have the huge discrepancy.

HIV infection for 2018 was 30,000 new cases.

The article is extremely misleading. When you have 30,000 new cases for a dieseas that is 100% preventable and that gets ingonred.

Oddly on a gay website, you people ignore it entirely when pure stupidity is causing these infections, yet you seem to titter and tee hee hee thinking only Trump supporters get OD from opiods when the gay base is infecting itself from a ONE HUNDRED PERCENT PREVENTABLE disease

That alone tells you about stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 27February 2, 2019 11:38 AM

I know R26. I know at this point it's a game of Russian roulette. Being addicted to opiates is very hard. It turns you into a worker bee- you mindlessly crave it, and do anything to get it.

I'm trying to get off it.

by Anonymousreply 28February 2, 2019 5:23 PM

The majority are by no means Trump voters. It’s a widespread epidemic brought about the disgusting criminal greed of the Sackler family and their company, Purdue Pharma. In no way should this be cheered on. A family of scum suckers that have made billions on getting people hooked—those are the people you’re cheering on. And they’d be just as happy to do it to you.

by Anonymousreply 29February 2, 2019 5:52 PM

[quote] you people ignore it entirely...

You people?

by Anonymousreply 30February 2, 2019 5:57 PM

Good points from R13, R14, R27 and R29. Unfortunately, DL has many stupid trolls who both promote and believe in this ridiculous nonsense, such as the dear OP. It amuses me that on a gay and lesbian website, there are individuals celebrating the extinction of others, when not so long ago it was they who were reviled and hunted down.

by Anonymousreply 31February 2, 2019 6:14 PM

Even if one study found that economically depressed areas voted for Trump AND have opioid problems, that doesn't mean that most opioid addicts are Trump voters. Probably, the people who become dependent on heroin and oxycontin don't vote at all. Trump voters do deserve moral condemnation, but there is something very Victorian about judging people for their addictions.

by Anonymousreply 32February 2, 2019 6:18 PM

Damn, what snowflakes the Trumptards are at hearing the truth.

That works fine by me.. keep ignoring the problem. The less you address and want to sweep the truth under the rug, the more and more Trump deplorable who keep overdosing.

by Anonymousreply 33February 2, 2019 11:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!