Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Roseanne Drags Natalie Portman, Defends Kevin Hart, Thinks John Goodman Should Have Supported Her More

Roseanne Barr Calls Natalie Portman "Repulsive," Defends Kevin Hart

The comedian also said John Goodman should have "fought harder" for her in an interview published Friday in daily newspaper 'Israel Hayom.' Roseanne Barr criticized Natalie Portman and defended Kevin Hart ahead of her visit to Israel.

In an interview published Friday in daily newspaper Israel Hayom, the comedian took on Portman, who last April outraged many upon declining to take part in an award ceremony as the recipient of the Genesis Prize Laureate, explaining she “did not want to appear as endorsing Benjamin Netanyahu, who was to be giving a speech at the ceremony."

“It was really sickening, I find her repulsive," said Barr of Portman in the interview. “She was raised in incredible privilege of safety in the Jewish state and knows nothing about anti-Semitism.”

Portman was born in Jerusalem and moved to the United States with her parents at the age of 3.

Added Barr, “She’s the darling of the left here, the Jewish left in Hollywood, she is a complete hypocrite who grew up in safety and privilege, like I said before, and knows nothing about what she speaks of."

Asked about Kevin Hart’s Oscar controversy following backlash over his past homophobic tweets as it related to her own racist tweet that got Roseanne canceled in May, Barr said the comic should be forgiven. “Largely they’re digging up things that people did 15 and 20 years ago, and Kevin Hart, his statements were really old and people grow up and change, and he did say he was sorry over and over," she continued.

Barr also acknowledged former TV husband John Goodman's appearance on Late Night with Seth Meyers last week, where he said he "really missed her this year" while filming The Conners.

"That was sweet of him but he should've fought harder for me,” she said. “But nobody fights for anybody in Hollywood because it's you next if you do. It's very much a culture of fear and mind control and it's run by people without a lot of ethics."

Barr will arrive in Israel at the end of the month along with Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, as a guest of his World Values Network organization and speak at the Israeli Knesset against the boycott, divest and sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 19, 2019 5:20 PM

Yes. By all means, keep it up.

Because everyone loves the Jews already, Roseanne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 19, 2019 8:05 AM

Roseanne’s crackpot dyke sister radicalized Roseanne into a nutcase feminist in the 70s (abort all men). Now her sister is a staunch Israel supporter. I blame her for again brainwashing Roseanne.

by Anonymousreply 2January 19, 2019 9:41 AM

Poor R1 stupidly believes that if only Jews behaved like Xtians, they'd be despised less.

by Anonymousreply 3January 19, 2019 9:47 AM

Goodman actually pissed me off refusing to criticize Roseanne at all. I hope he realizes now his old friend bites, and starts letting her twist in the wind, where she belongs. He would've succeeded without her, and Laurie Metcalf was on her way up without her too. Talent always rises to the top.

by Anonymousreply 4January 19, 2019 11:42 AM

Trash never knows when to shut up.

by Anonymousreply 5January 19, 2019 11:54 AM

Fat, angry, wattled laughingstock.

by Anonymousreply 6January 19, 2019 12:05 PM

She's right about Goodman and the rest of the cast, without her, none of them would be famous. They wouldn't even have made it to "d-list."

Without her no Johnny Galecki, which means Big Bang Theory, would've flopped the first year without him, so all those stars owe her too.

by Anonymousreply 7January 19, 2019 12:10 PM

Take another Ambien, Roseanne.

by Anonymousreply 8January 19, 2019 12:15 PM

Roseanne’s hair and makeup are always flawless.

by Anonymousreply 9January 19, 2019 12:18 PM

Wrong, r7, both John and Laurie had plenty of imdb credits before Roseanne, they were on the way up. That's why she hired them, their talent was obvious.

by Anonymousreply 10January 19, 2019 12:19 PM

Done with her.

by Anonymousreply 11January 19, 2019 12:23 PM

Her sense of entitlement is very strong.

by Anonymousreply 12January 19, 2019 12:24 PM

I remember first noticing Laurie 3 yrs before Roseanne, in Desperately Seeking Susan. She was also in the fairly high profile movie "Making Mr Right" before Roseanne. She was young and beautiful and talented, Roseanne was the one who lucked out in casting her.

by Anonymousreply 13January 19, 2019 12:24 PM

Everyone defends the homophobe it doesn’t matter if it’s Hart or not.

by Anonymousreply 14January 19, 2019 12:32 PM

[quote]She's right about Goodman and the rest of the cast, without her, none of them would be famous. They wouldn't even have made it to "d-list."

Honey, without the show writers Roseanne would still be living in a trailer park. The cast took so much crap and lost out on awards thanks to her antics.

by Anonymousreply 15January 19, 2019 1:40 PM

Metcalf was also in "Uncle Buck".

by Anonymousreply 16January 19, 2019 1:41 PM

[quote]Everyone defends the homophobe it doesn’t matter if it’s Hart or not.

Roseanne is a homophobe. She came out last year against gay marriage, the same way she did in the mid-00s. She's a horrible pos.

by Anonymousreply 17January 19, 2019 1:41 PM

Roseanne's gay brother on Facebook hates Trump with a passion. Again, I think Roseanne's sister turned her nuts - yet again, going down the road of everyone is evil except Jews. Her sister was a nut when she lived with Roseanne and her ex-husband and turned Roseanne into a man-hater. Her ex-husband actually looked at the literature her sister was giving Roseanne and said it was akin to Hitler's eugenics. Her sister has a way with brainwashing people.

by Anonymousreply 18January 19, 2019 1:44 PM

Laurie Metcalf blew everyone away in Balm in Gilead.

That performance established her and it was only time before TV found her.

by Anonymousreply 19January 19, 2019 1:45 PM

She's not shutting up anytime soon is she??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 19, 2019 2:34 PM

Remember when she quit Twitter for like a day??

by Anonymousreply 21January 19, 2019 3:36 PM

Well she's sure as hell right about Hollywood, I think.

by Anonymousreply 22January 19, 2019 3:41 PM

Laurie.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 19, 2019 3:49 PM

Roseanne and Kathy would rather adopt this narrative that Hollywood is evil and hypocritical than accept responsibility for their own actions. Classic narcissistic behavior.

by Anonymousreply 24January 19, 2019 3:51 PM

She’s like Trump, both can’t keep their fat trap shut. Close your pie hole, babe.

by Anonymousreply 25January 19, 2019 3:55 PM

[QUOTE] Goodman actually pissed me off refusing to criticize Roseanne at all.

I remember in the 90s when Barr was having all her issues with the show, he was being interviewed and they asked him about it and he said he couldn’t talk about it. I took that to mean the cast was gagged by her. She seems like the type who’d have good lawyers keeping the set quiet.

by Anonymousreply 26January 19, 2019 3:59 PM

[quote]She's right about Goodman and the rest of the cast, without her, none of them would be famous. They wouldn't even have made it to "d-list." Without her no Johnny Galecki, which means Big Bang Theory, would've flopped the first year without him, so all those stars owe her too.

You're knowingly or unknowing espousing a version of the "great man" theory of history. However, as a counterfactual, it's not clear what or who, if anything, would have risen in her place. It's equally possible that another "blue collar" or middle class comedian would have been given an opportunity. The social conditions at the time gave rise to Brett Butler and Tim Allen. As for Big Bang Theory, the original pilot didn't have Penny, Raj, or Howard. The idea that no version of the show would have existed or that it would not have been as successful ignores a lot of tv development dynamics.

[quote]The great man theory is a 19th-century idea according to which history can be largely explained by the impact of great men, or heroes; highly influential individuals who, due to either their personal charisma, intelligence, wisdom, or political skill used their power in a way that had a decisive historical impact. The theory was popularized in the 1840s by Scottish writer Thomas Carlyle, but in 1860 Herbert Spencer formulated a counter-argument that has remained influential throughout the 20th century to the present: Spencer said that such great men are the products of their societies, and that their actions would be impossible without the social conditions built before their lifetimes.

At the time, I liked her show until the last couple of seasons when it went completely off the rails. But, she's always been more than a little of a nutbag nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 27January 19, 2019 4:01 PM

R7 Regardless of whether those people would have the careers they have without Roseanne. It doesn't mean they have to stand by her when she's acting like an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 28January 19, 2019 4:02 PM

I'm Jewish and I admire Portman very much for her stand. If I had been in her position I would have done the same thing. Roseanne doesn't give a shit about America. Why doesn't she just become a citizen of Israel and live there. As for Goodman I have no respect for him because of how much he stood by Roseanne. Actually I have no respect for anyone connected with that show for ever doing 1.0 in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 29January 19, 2019 4:06 PM

Irrelevant bitch, if you want to see what repulsive looks like, let me introduce you to a mirror. Fucking cunt. Die in a grease fire, already.

by Anonymousreply 30January 19, 2019 4:11 PM

Gotta love the MRA troll going on and on about "man-haters"

You're a woman hater

by Anonymousreply 31January 19, 2019 4:17 PM

What is it with her - schizophrenia? bipolar? borderline? something's wrong. She needs help. Maybe group therapy with Kathy Griffin, Kevin Spacey, Kanye, oh a bunch of 'em.

by Anonymousreply 32January 19, 2019 4:19 PM

[Quote] Maybe group therapy with Kathy Griffin, Kevin Spacey, Kanye

That should be a reality show.

by Anonymousreply 33January 19, 2019 4:32 PM

I have come to hate Roseanne, and disrespect Goodman and Metcalf. I totally despise the reboot 2.0 which is a purely irritating, preachy, anti-comedy, nonsensical mess.

They have collectively destroyed one the very best series in the country's history. Fuck all of them !

by Anonymousreply 34January 19, 2019 5:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!