Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The guy I've just started seeing likes his meat well-done

Indicator of shitty taste?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48January 18, 2019 9:00 PM

You'll have to get to know him a bit more to find out but don't count him out yet.

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2019 4:19 PM

You can fool him by self tanning your peen.

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2019 4:19 PM

Different taste in food than yours is not “shitty” just different. Get bet yourself.

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2019 4:20 PM

Maybe his mom was a bad cook and he is used to it.

I worked for a woman who ordered everything burnt because her mom was a bad cook.

She liked her food that way.

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2019 4:21 PM

By "Indicator of shitty taste?" do you mean by dating you OP?

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2019 4:21 PM

He's otherwise handsome and nice, but he also likes sweet wine.

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2019 4:22 PM

Gross. Next.

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2019 4:23 PM

Is he black?

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2019 4:28 PM

Rare: "Let’s just say you're definitely not a vegetarian. If you order your steak rare, you want to keep all of its beefy natural flavors."

Medium Rare: "You are a perfectionist who enjoys a perfect steak. If you want the most flavor and juiciness – without excessive moo-ing – this is the way to go."

Medium: "You like things in moderation and like to stay within your 'safe-zone'. You’re mild-mannered and don’t stray too far from the popular choice."

Well-Done: "You are straight to the point and no nonsense. You know how you like your steak (burnt as hell) and there’s no second guessing you."

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2019 4:28 PM

No, R8. Half Greek if that makes any difference.

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2019 4:30 PM

I spent many years as a line cook, and I can tell you this. We saved the worst pieces of steak for customers who order well done, like the head or the tail of a tenderloin, which yield irregularly shaped pieces that don't cook evenly. We also let their steaks sit on the grill for longer than necessary because we hate customers who send back their steaks for not being cooked enough. I worked in some very good places and in some not so good ones. It doesn't matter. They all do it the same way.

I don't think preference for doneness in any way reflects taste, but the next time the two of you go out for dinner, drop a hint about having a medium-well steak.

by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2019 4:32 PM

Why in the fuck does that even matter ?!? Keep on being that picky princess,youll be old and alone soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2019 4:34 PM

And you don’t own a television. Blah, blah, blah. You sound insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2019 4:34 PM

What is the ideal steak, op?

by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2019 4:35 PM

R11 Would you ever have customers who sent it back because it was TOO well done?

by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2019 4:35 PM

[quote] Indicator of shitty taste?

no but there may be other indicators.

by Anonymousreply 16January 18, 2019 4:36 PM

Yes,

For his sake OP

You sound like someone who will constantly find him wanting. If it's not his steak, it'll be the brand of jeans he wears, the way he ties his shoelaces, a band he likes.

So for his sake, break up now because it's going to happen sooner than later.

PS: As generations of women have learned, thinking you'll be able to change the guy after you're married rarely works.

by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2019 4:37 PM

Punch and delete.

by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2019 4:45 PM

I hear you, OP. You are right to be concerned. Well done meat is an affront to taste.

by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2019 4:46 PM

Some cuts of meat are absolutely fabulous well-done, like dark meat chicken or turkey, pork cooked into carnitas, or the burnt ends of barbeque.

But it's a crime to overcook a good steak!

by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2019 4:47 PM

r15 None that I can remember. But then again I cooked probably thousands of steaks, and line cooking involves a lot of short-term memory. It happens often with fish. A customer will ask for it completely cooked, and then send it back for being dry. One doesn't have to mean the other, but it's a balancing act on a knife edge. Plus a cunt who would ask for a completely cooked piece of fish and then send it back for being dry is looking to be displeased anyway, just like OP. You're not OP, are you?

by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2019 4:48 PM

Medium or medium rare, R14.

by Anonymousreply 22January 18, 2019 4:50 PM

Actually, R15/21 I've been to several high-end steak restaurants that flatly refuse (printed on the menu) to cook their most premium cuts well-done. I was curious and asked the server why and it was because these expensive steaks were being sent back for being dry.

Personally, I can't imagine asking for a tomahawk ribeye well done. Medium-rare is it.

by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2019 4:51 PM

OP don't nitpick. That should not be a deal-breaker.

Now, if he picks his nose and eats what he pulls out, we'll talk.

by Anonymousreply 24January 18, 2019 4:54 PM

OP, you should be grateful. You're an overdone piece of meat too.

by Anonymousreply 25January 18, 2019 4:58 PM

I will only eat meat that's well done, no blood for me

by Anonymousreply 26January 18, 2019 4:59 PM

In other words, dry just like your vagina, R26.

by Anonymousreply 27January 18, 2019 5:05 PM

r23 This is true. Even high-end non-steak restaurants refuse, though probably for different reasons. We would sous vide the steaks (usually tenderloin or strip, not cuts with bone) medium-rare and then sear à la minute, so we would instruct servers to encourage customers to order medium-rare or medium.

OP, I would pay closer attention to how he talks to servers and other restaurant staff. It's impoliteness that should be a deal-breaker to you, not the doneness of his steak.

by Anonymousreply 28January 18, 2019 5:06 PM

You're a moron for even asking that question. We don't care and neither should you. (Although I hope your soon-to-be ex boyfriend posts a question: "Should I dump my boyfriend who seeks relationship advise from anonymous sources online?")

by Anonymousreply 29January 18, 2019 5:11 PM

It's more an indication of baby taste than shitty taste.

by Anonymousreply 30January 18, 2019 5:12 PM

OP, this is all you need to know: Trump will only eat his steak well-done.

by Anonymousreply 31January 18, 2019 5:13 PM

I don’t eat steak, but I only eat well-done burgers.

by Anonymousreply 32January 18, 2019 5:14 PM

But Its got all this red juice when I push down on it.

by Anonymousreply 33January 18, 2019 5:26 PM

Discuss it with him...it's the perfect opportunity to stress how you prefer all your meat RAW and wink and nudge him under the table.

by Anonymousreply 34January 18, 2019 5:28 PM

So, OP, do you do his meat well?

by Anonymousreply 35January 18, 2019 5:39 PM

God, I hope you dump his ass so he can have a chance at an amazing life.

by Anonymousreply 36January 18, 2019 5:50 PM

Baby tastes.

by Anonymousreply 37January 18, 2019 5:50 PM

FWIW, there's a fairly easy hack for that too. I am not a fan of rare steak, so I'l order it medium and just eat from the edges and leave the pink part in the middle. Most steak houses serve you enough for three meals anyway, so it's not like you'll walk away starving.

by Anonymousreply 38January 18, 2019 5:54 PM

If he ordered rare—how would you have felt?

by Anonymousreply 39January 18, 2019 5:58 PM

Rare sounds like a real man's man.

by Anonymousreply 40January 18, 2019 6:51 PM

I’m a bottom, R40. Love rare.

by Anonymousreply 41January 18, 2019 6:56 PM

[quote]But Its got all this red juice when I push down on it.

It's not raw, Christina. It's rare. You're not getting up from this table until you finish that meat.

by Anonymousreply 42January 18, 2019 6:57 PM

Is your bottom like a rare steak, r41?

by Anonymousreply 43January 18, 2019 6:58 PM

Red and raw? No. Pink. Not brown or stained either.

by Anonymousreply 44January 18, 2019 7:02 PM

But it feels like plowing into a raw hamburger, R44.

by Anonymousreply 45January 18, 2019 8:49 PM

No, tight like grizzle, R45.

by Anonymousreply 46January 18, 2019 8:51 PM

Has your bf ever tried a medium rare steak? He might discover he likes it. People's taste mature as they do, generally.

Growing up, my family had a rule: you can't say you don't like something until you at least tase it.

by Anonymousreply 47January 18, 2019 8:59 PM

OP does he also smother his well-done steak with ketchup or A-1 sauce?

Trash.

by Anonymousreply 48January 18, 2019 9:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!