Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rewatching The Godfather

Such a great movie with a great cast. Considered the greatest movie of all time.

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2019 10:47 PM

The Godfather isn't even the best movie in the Godfather series. Part 2 is thematically richer and less of a romanticized view of organized crime.

by Anonymousreply 1January 13, 2019 10:00 PM

The Godfather

Cinematic glory -

Though the film was produced during uber Italian producer Dino de laurentiis' zenith as a film producer, it is very interesting that neither Coppola nor Puzzo involved de laurentiis in the films' production, in any capacity.

by Anonymousreply 2January 13, 2019 10:07 PM

Oh shut up R2. The Godfather II is brilliant in every way, but The Godfather is a universally acclaimed masterpiece and is inarguably the greatest film of all time. And before you start, stop with the Citizen Kane nonsense. It’s stock has gone down in recent years while The Godfather remains at the pinnacle.

by Anonymousreply 3January 13, 2019 10:08 PM

Sonny fucked her up against a door. Nice.

by Anonymousreply 4January 13, 2019 10:09 PM

I did not care for the Godfather. It insists upon itself.

by Anonymousreply 5January 13, 2019 10:10 PM

@R3 - Huh?

The observation relates to de laurentiss' being iced out of an epic Italian epic -

by Anonymousreply 6January 13, 2019 10:11 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 13, 2019 10:12 PM

Young Al...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 13, 2019 10:14 PM

I assume he meant to refer to me with his little rant r6. Doesn't approve that I think Part II is the superior film.

by Anonymousreply 9January 13, 2019 10:21 PM

It’s not the superior film you idiot. Nearly it’s equal of course but it is firmly in second place.

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2019 10:24 PM

Great scene:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2019 10:27 PM

[quote]"I'll handle it. I told you I can handle it, I'll handle it"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2019 10:31 PM

The Godfather wasn't even the greatest film of 1972.

Cabaret was.

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2019 10:33 PM

The Godfather? It's not fit to wipe my ass!!!

by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2019 10:45 PM

The whole idea that The Godfather might be somehow worthy of discussion makes me want to puke!

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2019 10:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!