Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nancy Pelosi to Trump: I’m Not Funding the Wall Even After the Government is Re-Opened

Wow, Boss Pelosi ain’t giving Trump an inch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103January 26, 2019 11:05 PM

Trump doesn’t know how to deal with the word NO especially coming from a woman. Got to love it!

by Anonymousreply 1January 10, 2019 2:46 AM

I'm looking forward to Maxine Waters starting in on his tax returns and other financial shenanigans!

by Anonymousreply 2January 10, 2019 3:06 AM

She has his balls in a vise grip. The thing she said today about how he assumes gov't workers who aren't being paid "can just ask their father for some money." Keep it up, Nancy!

by Anonymousreply 3January 10, 2019 3:07 AM

She refused to even lie to him. She must be supremely confident.

by Anonymousreply 4January 10, 2019 3:32 AM

r3: I love when Democrats behave like that.

by Anonymousreply 5January 10, 2019 3:36 AM

Trump claims to have a lot of money - let him build the wall if he wants it so bad!

Go Nancy!!

by Anonymousreply 6January 10, 2019 3:40 AM

So can we assume she wants to push him to do this national emergency bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 7January 10, 2019 3:41 AM

Tubby must have become unglued when he read this morning that Chuck & Nancy's rebuttal got higher ratings than his speech

by Anonymousreply 8January 10, 2019 3:41 AM

I just wanna go back to work!! Hurry up Pelosi!

by Anonymousreply 9January 10, 2019 3:43 AM

I think it's a foregone conclusion that he does the "National Emergency" stunt, he is instantly sued and it immediately goes into the courts, and then they reopen the gov't "while the courts are deciding" and he gets to "save face" and play victim and martyr, except that act is increasingly looking like what it is, which is WEAK. The Manafort revelations are very damaging. The Dems have barely taken control of the House, new investigations from Schiff, Cummings, Nadler, haven't even befun. Jerry Nadler will happily subpoena Whitaker, tomorrow if he tries to fuck around. GAME OVER

by Anonymousreply 10January 10, 2019 3:46 AM

*begun (but they will be fun)

by Anonymousreply 11January 10, 2019 3:47 AM

R8, seriously? I didn't watch any of it last night. Just saw on Twitter that he failed. So after all the networks hyped it and aired it, I'm glad his ratings were in the toilet. I hope the networks stop this shit or I'm cutting them off. I know which news programs I trust and care about and that's it. I'm not messing with the brainwashing bullshit of Trump and the distorted ways he is covered. I'm particularly pissed off at the way the media, all of them, have been framing this entire situation. I don't see nearly enough coverage of the fact that Trump has been sitting on funds in the Department of Homeland Security for two damned years. His party had control of both houses of Congress. Where's the fucking wall? I want the media to go down to the borders and show that the crisis is all bullshit. And most of all I want them to stop portraying this as if it's some contest between Pelosi and Trump. Start talking about the fact that the Democrats support border security, but since this is 2019, there are a lot of technological ways they can achieve that without a wall? The coverage has been so superficial and distorted I dread what awaits us once election season begins.

by Anonymousreply 12January 10, 2019 3:48 AM

Amen, r12!

by Anonymousreply 13January 10, 2019 3:51 AM

r12 has stated her fucking boundaries!

by Anonymousreply 14January 10, 2019 3:52 AM

[QUOTE]With a 29.3/47 in metered markets results on CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox News Channel and MSNBC, Pelosi and fellow Democrat and Senate Minority leader Chuck Schumer’s live rebuttal topped Trump’s Oval Office speech on the government shutdown and his demand for a wall on the southern border. Across the seven nets and down 4 from the opposition, the “temper tantrum” accused POTUS pulled in a 28.1/45 rating in the overnight metrics in the 9 – 9:15 PM ET time period.

[QUOTE]That may be the very first time the usual afterthought of an opposition party response has beaten a sitting President’s address to the nation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 10, 2019 3:52 AM

President Fatsquatch is really angry now.

by Anonymousreply 16January 10, 2019 4:10 AM

This is exactly the kind of thing that makes Daddy very angry. He was swinging his golf clubs indoors again, which is not okay, while he had Kid Rock on speaker phone. He wants Kid to bring his dogs back to the WH so they can rip down the curtains in the Blue Room again

by Anonymousreply 17January 10, 2019 4:18 AM

Where’s Mexico? I was promised repeatedly that they would pay for it!

by Anonymousreply 18January 10, 2019 4:19 AM

It is pure insanity that EVERY GAWDDAMNED tv talking head doesn't ask EVERY Rethuglican WHY if Trump wants a wall so bad he didn't fund it while the GOP controlled every part of government for the last two years! He's bringing it up NOW???

Reporters need to just keep badgering that fat fuck Sarah Huckabee Sanders, "WHEN is MEXICO paying for the wall like Trump said five billion times? WHEN?"

by Anonymousreply 19January 10, 2019 5:25 AM

I imagine Drumpf so mad , raiding his special locked cupboard in the White House kitchen stuffing Doritos and m & m’s in his mouth .... his fingers and face becoming more and more orange ... as he trudges up the staircase leaving a trail of Dorito crumbs and dried fecal matter shedding from his boxer shorts ..... how can it be????

by Anonymousreply 20January 10, 2019 5:43 AM

You go girl ! Fentanyl (and Botox) for everyone ! No more borders ever! (except at your house, lets not get crazy)

by Anonymousreply 21January 10, 2019 6:10 AM

R20 You're so descriptive ! How wonderful that you can fantasize about Trump's reaction to la belle Pelosi! Can you also imagine Michael Denice's thoughts as he was hit crossing the street in Milford MA, and dragged 100 yards to his death by a drunk driver who should have been home in Ecuador ? Imagine that ! #Imagine

by Anonymousreply 22January 10, 2019 6:15 AM

Is that what was on Tucker Carlson last night, R22?

by Anonymousreply 23January 10, 2019 6:19 AM

Oh that's easy, R22. FF for you.

by Anonymousreply 24January 10, 2019 6:20 AM

R21/R22 = why are you on a liberal site?

by Anonymousreply 25January 10, 2019 6:21 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 10, 2019 2:52 PM

R22 won’t be happy until the US is completely devoid of humans. Because that’s the real problem. Not immigrants. It’s all humans. I don’t suppose anyone thinks that it’s a disgrace that Michael Denice was hit by an immigrant, but would be perfectly okay if he was hit by a citizen. No, of course not. The problem is humanity. Let’s get rid of all of them.

by Anonymousreply 27January 10, 2019 3:02 PM

[R27] why don't you open your house up to those HUMANS as you seem to like virtue signaling so much?

by Anonymousreply 28January 10, 2019 3:14 PM

It's so funny how Reactionaires like R28 think that treating human beings with kindness and compassion is "virtue signaling" and not...like a virtue? Like the implicit meaning in that is that they know...just KNOW that we are as paranoid and angry and self-centered and racist as they are but we put on this fake window dressing of kindness. Maybe we aren't like you. Maybe you're bad.

by Anonymousreply 29January 10, 2019 3:17 PM

[R29]triggered yet still refuses to open up his/her precious property to house those poor HUMANS. Let them all in but never in my property. Such virtue.

by Anonymousreply 30January 10, 2019 3:21 PM

Any guesses as to how long before air travel becomes hazardous, then impossible?

by Anonymousreply 31January 10, 2019 3:37 PM

Opps, wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 32January 10, 2019 3:38 PM

Is it true that the president can't travel during a government shutdown? I guess at least we don't have to pay for his golf trips to Florida and the motherfucker (and his family?) has to stay in Washington.

What happens to the government employees that are on unpaid vacation (not the ones that still have to work without pay). Do they also get their money after the government reopens? What about all the people who can't afford this and probably got another job? Do they actually have to return to their jobs?

by Anonymousreply 33January 10, 2019 3:47 PM

R33, yes, the President can travel. That budget is unaffected by this shutdown. The government employees who are furloughed are not guaranteed to be paid when they return. That requires action by Congress (which, to date, they have always done).

Nothing in the current situation requires that people continue to work for the federal government. Some of them will undoubtedly quit and find employment elsewhere. The longer this continues, the more likely is that this will happen. Even those supposedly required to work (unpaid) can quit and, again, some will do so.

by Anonymousreply 34January 10, 2019 3:58 PM

[quote] R28: [[R27]] why don't you open your house up to those HUMANS as you seem to like virtue signaling so much?

Interesting. R29 has it just right.

And R28, I am perfectly okay with opening my home to immigrants. My home is the USA, and there is plenty of room to spare.

by Anonymousreply 35January 10, 2019 4:08 PM

A steel slat border wall can be cut with a saw according to Homeland Security tests. Oh dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36January 10, 2019 5:01 PM

Trump's own words at a commencement speech come back to haunt him. It's about WALLS. Of course, he would just deny he said them. Question: who the fuck would ask him to speak at their school? Were they desperate?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 10, 2019 5:03 PM

R22. How about the Sandy Hook parents? Or families of any of the following gun massacres carried out by Americans:: Sutherland Springs, Durango, Columbine, San Bernardino, Las Vegas, Pittsburgh, Orlando, etc.

But keep throwing out your very small numbers fed to you by Faux News to try to obscure the fact that racist Deplorables like you don’t want more brown people in the US.

by Anonymousreply 38January 10, 2019 5:16 PM

The Dem Tidal Wave occurred during the midterms SPECIFICALLY to stop Trump's stupid policies. The Dems better remember that!

by Anonymousreply 39January 10, 2019 6:36 PM

Trump now says he never meant Mexico would pay directly for the wall.

by Anonymousreply 40January 10, 2019 6:37 PM

R40. And his Deplorables are too fucking stupid to remember chanting “MEXICO!” when the Orange Idiot asked crowds who is paying for the wall at his campaign rallies full of the white trash, teethless racists who support him. That’s the level of idiocy we are dealing with - the Deplorables really are cult members who have been brainwashed by Faux News and Dump.

by Anonymousreply 41January 10, 2019 6:42 PM

It is a cult. My sister is in it. Her husband has to have every TV on in the house at all times, and they must be on Fox. It seems very strange to me. Anyway, because their “news” is so filtered, they really have no idea that they’re hearing bullshit.

In all seriousness, how can anyone be enthusiastic about and interested in politics, and not realize that Trump is undermining the most basic of American values? That he has an in-American relationship with Putin? That he is a “fucking moron”, as his staff keeps repeating, and a habitual liar? That there is a reason why hundreds of Republican Party leaders oppose him; many of whom have left the party because of?

by Anonymousreply 42January 10, 2019 7:14 PM

R42 - don’t they leave the house or walk by newsstands? The latest lie about Mexico not paying for the wall is said by him and directly contradicts a hallmark of his campaign.

I think they know he’s a con man and grifter but he validates their racism and ignorance. I’m thankful every day that my entire family despises the man - not sure I could have a relationship with anyone in his cult.

by Anonymousreply 43January 10, 2019 7:50 PM

R43, well, all politicians lie.

by Anonymousreply 44January 10, 2019 8:33 PM

Every press conference with tRump, Sanders and any of the Republicans MUST persist in reminding them that Mexico is paying for the wall, as promised.

by Anonymousreply 45January 10, 2019 8:41 PM

R38 Brilliant argument. We have nuts and criminals in America who kill people, so let's open the floodgates and let more in. Such a simple solution. Remind me which university you took your degree in Rhetoric, I want to congratulate the faculty on a job well done.

by Anonymousreply 46January 11, 2019 1:06 AM

The goddamn caravan that flooded the gates didn’t even get in. Illegal immigration is at an all-time low because of the improvement in border security, including an increase in border patrol agents and additional fencing. So your little “let’s open the floodgates” remark is nothing more than a strawman. Nobody is calling for a decrease in border security or to cut the border patrol’s budget or to dismantle the fencing we already have.

by Anonymousreply 47January 11, 2019 4:02 PM

See, that story is not being told well enough, R47. The media is not giving enough attention to the fact that Trump already has funds left unspent, and that there are a lot of things we have to do to improve border security not wasting money on a wall that will be obsolete before it is ever finished.

by Anonymousreply 48January 11, 2019 5:21 PM

R43, well, that’s just politics.

by Anonymousreply 49January 11, 2019 5:25 PM

So the dems (Nancy and Chuck) say Trump pounded the desk and the republicans say that didn't happen. So tired of knowing that we're being lied to by someone.

by Anonymousreply 50January 11, 2019 5:32 PM

Humpty Dumpty will never get his wall.

by Anonymousreply 51January 11, 2019 5:37 PM

R50. I Just assume that the truth is the opposite of whatever Dump says. I have no doubt he pounded the desk. Or that he said that Mexico would pay for the wall many times.

by Anonymousreply 52January 11, 2019 5:37 PM

R59, fuck-all. Lying is part of the Republican brand. It’s not “someone”, it’s the same people who have been lying to us for years.

by Anonymousreply 53January 11, 2019 5:42 PM

There us no doubt that fat Donnie not only banged his fists on the desk, he stomped his tiny feet, just like the petulant, incontinant toddler he is.

by Anonymousreply 54January 11, 2019 5:51 PM

Only 100 of 1100 miles of the TexMex border is owned by the government today.

by Anonymousreply 55January 11, 2019 5:57 PM

R55 - yes and we know what that means: the BIG OLE' GOVERNMENT is going to take that land right off those Texas cowboys. Oh, they're gonna love that. And if he takes the money from the disaster fund, Florida will be pissed too along with California, Puerto Rico and Texas (oh double whammy). Maybe there's hope after all for states like Texas and Florida to go blue.

by Anonymousreply 56January 11, 2019 6:09 PM

Nancy really should have said that she’s “not paying for the [italic] fucking [/italic] wall”, like the Mexican President said.

by Anonymousreply 57January 11, 2019 6:14 PM

Give her another few days and she will.

by Anonymousreply 58January 11, 2019 8:34 PM

Tohono O'odham Reservation in on the border of Southwest Arizona. They are not open to having their land, given by the US government by treaty, taken from them. Again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59January 12, 2019 9:09 AM

Attempts to undercut Boss Pelosi will not succeed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 15, 2019 7:11 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 15, 2019 7:11 PM

[quote]Wow, Boss Pelosi ain’t giving Trump an inch.

And Trump can use every extra inch he can get.

by Anonymousreply 62January 16, 2019 1:53 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 16, 2019 11:15 AM

Next we need to adopt a footing with Russia that recognizes that we are already at war. Then we can start hanging collaborators.

by Anonymousreply 64January 16, 2019 5:03 PM

[quote]And Trump can use every extra inch he can get.

Not around the waist he can't.

by Anonymousreply 65January 16, 2019 5:10 PM

If the cult can’t figure out Trump is lying about the wall they should figure it out by Isis taking responsibility for the latest bombing. We did not win the battle with Isis.

by Anonymousreply 66January 16, 2019 5:33 PM

Nancy wins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 25, 2019 9:14 PM

SHE HAS PLAYED IT BEAUTIFULLY. FAT ASS DADDY KNOWS WHO IS MAMA IS, AND SHE AIN'T HAVING ANY OF IT. GOD, DOES IT MAKE ME PROUD THAT A WOMAN MADE HIM ASSUME THE POSITION. NOW SHE NEEDS TO RAP HIS NETHER REGIONS TO GET HIS HEAD ON STRAIGHT ABOUT LGBTQ.

by Anonymousreply 68January 25, 2019 9:26 PM

[quote]Boss Pelosi ain’t giving Trump an inch.

She shouldn't. Fuck that wall. Fuck it right in its wall ass.

by Anonymousreply 69January 25, 2019 10:10 PM

I'm glad Pelosi is Speaker. Could you imagine if one of the newbies took this position?

by Anonymousreply 70January 25, 2019 10:43 PM

I think Dump should suggest a new solution to "the problem" by offering to give Texas, New Mexico and Arizona back to Mexico. Macron and Trudeau can split Louisiana. Spain can have Florida back. It would really halve "the problem". Then, we just need to find European countries willing to invade The Carolinas, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and most of Oklahoma.

by Anonymousreply 71January 25, 2019 11:12 PM

Nancy showed that she has more balls than most of her male colleagues.

by Anonymousreply 72January 25, 2019 11:16 PM

Go Nancy! Open borders for all!

by Anonymousreply 73January 26, 2019 12:12 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74January 26, 2019 8:49 AM

"The Wikipedia list of caves in the United States just received edits..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 26, 2019 9:49 AM

Would love to know how Paul Ryan feels watching Nancy in action.

by Anonymousreply 76January 26, 2019 10:35 AM

Anyone who thinks she should agree to fund that wall, is very foolish. Trump is a lying, grifting monster, no one should give in to him. Trump is just trying to hurt our country. He is an agent for Putin.

by Anonymousreply 77January 26, 2019 10:39 AM

R71 so funny.

by Anonymousreply 78January 26, 2019 10:44 AM

R76 Paul Ryan doesn't have half the balls Nancy has.

by Anonymousreply 79January 26, 2019 10:45 AM

Trump was publicly bitch slapped by Pelosi, good for her.

by Anonymousreply 80January 26, 2019 10:46 AM

I've got many relatives in CO who voted Trump and believed the Wall and that Mexico would pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 81January 26, 2019 10:52 AM

Ted Roosevelt said: "Speak softly and carry a big stick, you will go far." That's Pelosi's style, too.

by Anonymousreply 82January 26, 2019 10:52 AM

So if he doesn't behave, she's gonna chase him down Pennsylvania Avenue beating him over the head with her big stick.

by Anonymousreply 83January 26, 2019 10:53 AM

Trump's beating himself with the stick.

by Anonymousreply 84January 26, 2019 10:54 AM

Paul Ryan never cared...he never had a character or a conscience. Ryan is a pile of shit who probably laundered money for Putin. That is why he ran away and is taking cover...I hope his children hate him.

by Anonymousreply 85January 26, 2019 11:00 AM

Nan for the win. He's not used to dealing with women that aren't stupid and/or whores.

by Anonymousreply 86January 26, 2019 11:12 AM

But have you noticed there is pretty much not one Republican who will stand up to the degenerate? What does that say about men who are Republicans? They are worthless, which is what my mother called my alcoholic father.

by Anonymousreply 87January 26, 2019 11:28 AM

My dream 5AM indictment roundup: McConnell, Ryan, Bannon, Jr., Ivanka, Kushner, and Eric.

by Anonymousreply 88January 26, 2019 11:33 AM

WTF are the REPUBLICANS smoking

by Anonymousreply 89January 26, 2019 11:37 AM

[quote]In the face of 37 indictments, the President's continued actions to undermine the Special Counsel investigation raises the questions: what does Putin have on the President, politically, personally or financially? —Nancy Pelosi

You go, girlfriend!

by Anonymousreply 90January 26, 2019 11:38 AM

R88, I would love to see sniveling Nunes get SOMETHING.

by Anonymousreply 91January 26, 2019 11:40 AM

Did somebody post this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92January 26, 2019 11:48 AM

The wall, and now the a ericsn presidency, is a sham

by Anonymousreply 93January 26, 2019 11:56 AM

Pelosi exposed the Republicunts for what they are: a cult of angry white people who have been getting a free pass for their mediocraty for 200 years. Every middle aged white man in a pair of boot cut Affliction jeans is white hot angry about their legacy card being taken away. Its hysterical to watch!

Im curious to see if Trump's next press conference is standing in the Rose Garden, because Pelosi fucked him so hard, I don't think he can sit down for a few weeks.

Team Pelosi! fuck yes.

by Anonymousreply 94January 26, 2019 12:16 PM

Much like "Lyin Hillary" and the other names Trump has repeated over and over, we need a name for Trump that gets entered into he lexicon of political discourse. Anyone? I suggest:

Trump the Grifter Putinessca Baboon Cunt

by Anonymousreply 95January 26, 2019 12:18 PM

Too long. Didn’t Steven Colbert call him Putin’s cock pocket once?

by Anonymousreply 96January 26, 2019 12:24 PM

Stephen Colbert, sorry. ^^

by Anonymousreply 97January 26, 2019 12:25 PM

I presume this is meant to be satirical, but Trump killed satire when he was elected:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98January 26, 2019 12:53 PM

R84 The Republican leadership has taken substantial amounts of Russian money via the NRA.

by Anonymousreply 99January 26, 2019 1:05 PM

Hopefully he will be impeached by Memorial Day.

by Anonymousreply 100January 26, 2019 2:46 PM

[quote]Hopefully he will be impeached by Memorial Day

Why not TOday?

by Anonymousreply 101January 26, 2019 3:16 PM

Because everyone in the GOP is a traitor, R101.

by Anonymousreply 102January 26, 2019 3:51 PM

I’d like to see Jason Chaffetz get tangled in Mueller’s web.

by Anonymousreply 103January 26, 2019 11:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!