Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

FUCK! Ginsburg Not at Work Today!

The article says even when she was battling CANCER she sat for arguments.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK. Please don't die RGB. We can't let Trump appoint ANOTHER Justice who will turn our country back even more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79February 16, 2019 1:19 AM

How long before Republicans DEMAND that she resign?

by Anonymousreply 1January 7, 2019 2:56 PM

If that happens, it's time to revolt.

NOT MY PRESIDENT!

by Anonymousreply 2January 7, 2019 3:50 PM

Fuck! I’m not going to work either!

by Anonymousreply 3January 7, 2019 4:34 PM

This topic really needed 2 threads, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4January 7, 2019 4:38 PM

After the Kavanaugh fiasco cost the Dems 3 Senate seats, their hands will be tied this time around, I think.

by Anonymousreply 5January 7, 2019 5:13 PM

Still glad I voted for Jill Stein! I bet Hillary would have nominated Gorsuch and Kavanaugh too.

by Anonymousreply 6January 7, 2019 5:16 PM

Elections have consequences, OP.

by Anonymousreply 7January 7, 2019 5:20 PM

R6 No. However HRC would have put in someone more mainstream like a Garland.

by Anonymousreply 8January 7, 2019 5:37 PM

R8 can't recognize sarcasm

by Anonymousreply 9January 7, 2019 5:40 PM

A bad sign...she may not be able to hold on 2 more years.

by Anonymousreply 10January 7, 2019 5:42 PM

And OF COURSE if she goes with one year left in Dump's term, the Rethugs in Senate will COMPLETELY forget the brouhaha they made with Merrick Garland during Obama's last year in office, refusing to even consider him for Scalia's open seat.

I FUCKING HATE THEM.

by Anonymousreply 11January 7, 2019 5:46 PM

Oh NOW we are supposed care about the Supreme Court? Back when Obama and the Democrats didn't lift a finger to get Merrick Garland confirmed even though they actually held the power, that was the time to care. Now it's pretty clear that rules and the wishes of the people don't matter and politics is all the theater. The Democrats are not the opponents of the Republicans they are all in the same play together.

by Anonymousreply 12January 7, 2019 5:59 PM

R8 is a vapid and silly little cunt...OUCH!

by Anonymousreply 13January 7, 2019 6:06 PM

For fuck's sake, she just had major surgery on her lungs. It's going to take her several weeks before she's ready to go back.

by Anonymousreply 14January 7, 2019 6:12 PM

She's gonna die. I'm so sad. She's old as fuck and it takes much much longer to recover...

by Anonymousreply 15January 7, 2019 6:13 PM

You people are ridiculous. She had lung. cancer surgery 2 and a half weeks ago! She most likely is still in a great deal of pain and also dizzy from medications given to her.

by Anonymousreply 16January 7, 2019 6:39 PM

I don't think RGB can last much longer... I mean she is SO old and has had cancer SO many times... I really think this is the end.

by Anonymousreply 17January 7, 2019 7:22 PM

I love RGB so much, but I have absolutely no desire to see the current movie about her.

by Anonymousreply 18January 7, 2019 7:25 PM

Bite your tongue, r17 . Let's not put those thoughts out into the universe.

by Anonymousreply 19January 7, 2019 7:52 PM

Love her. Thoughts and prayers.

by Anonymousreply 20January 7, 2019 8:21 PM

when she was in the hospital (in NYC) after surgery, they told us she was working from the hospital bed.

They didn't say she was working from home or anything like that. She is ill. I fear her luck has run out.

by Anonymousreply 21January 8, 2019 8:02 AM

Ginsburg misses second day in a row at Supreme Court......I have a bad feeling that she may never be back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 8, 2019 5:27 PM

FUCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 23January 8, 2019 5:28 PM

I think at this point it's obvious they are preparing us for the inevitable. She is either dead or dying. They are waiting until the last shot is fired to tell us. Truthfully I'm pissed that she and Breyer for that matter didn't retire under Obama! They were both REALLY OLD even then!!! But their stubbornness will cost us at least 1 or 2 more seats under Trump!!

by Anonymousreply 24January 8, 2019 5:39 PM

If she goes and we get another conservative judge, we will NEVER have a chance at winning anything for the next 10-30 years

by Anonymousreply 25January 8, 2019 5:41 PM

We're all going to die if she doesn't hold on.

by Anonymousreply 26January 8, 2019 5:48 PM

Ginsburg misses her third consecutive day...I don't think they're being honest with us about the current state of her health.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 9, 2019 2:11 PM

R24 I agree with you. I'm pissed at her & Breyer. Liberals believe in government service so much they die doing it! Repubs never want to die on the SC. They love a retirement away from DC. Dems should always find someone who wants to retire away from DC for the SC but no it's all about race, minority religions or sexual representation.

Don't get me started on all the cases Kagan will have to recuse herself from. Dems are so dumb when it comes to doing Americans right with the SC. I really don't believe they have learned any lessons with this at all. Where was super genius Pelosi or Chucky calling for both of them to resign during Obama's second term? The dems need an idiot purge stat but they put them back in power after major losses cripple the party.

by Anonymousreply 28January 9, 2019 3:04 PM

When you have lung surgery, a young person takes at least a week or two to recover...she's 85 fucking years old. People are expecting her to bounce right back ffs. Her immune system is weaker at that age, if she tries to work or anything, she will hamper her recovery.

Maybe orange turd is right when he said she was on her death bed.

by Anonymousreply 29January 9, 2019 3:24 PM

They likely discovered she had metastatic cancer during surgery, and now she’s on hospice.

by Anonymousreply 30January 9, 2019 3:34 PM

Has any President been able to put three new Justices before? FUCK TRUMP!

by Anonymousreply 31January 9, 2019 3:36 PM

Why would you write something like that R30?

Do you know someone this has happened to or are you in the medical field perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 32January 9, 2019 3:38 PM

A third pic for Trump!! Deplorable's win again!! We have more of a majority in the Senate than with Kavanaugh!

by Anonymousreply 33January 9, 2019 3:44 PM

R32 no, probably just a typical asshole trying to be funny.

by Anonymousreply 34January 9, 2019 3:44 PM

Face it, RBG is not returning to work.

by Anonymousreply 35January 9, 2019 3:45 PM

yes, I agree, she won't be returning to work. She beat cancer twice. not so lucky this time.

They said they didn't find anything else during the surgery and it didn't spread. But who knows what else they are holding back.

by Anonymousreply 36January 9, 2019 3:49 PM

She could get pneumonia now and die.

by Anonymousreply 37January 9, 2019 3:50 PM

She’s 85, and was going to die soon anyway.

by Anonymousreply 38January 9, 2019 4:57 PM

[quote] After the Kavanaugh fiasco cost the Dems 3 Senate seats, their hands will be tied this time around, I think.

Kavanaugh didn’t cost the Dems anything. You had a few Senate seats in overwhelming Republican states that flipped from Dem to Repub. The only strange thing is that the seats were Democratic in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 39January 9, 2019 6:35 PM

I hope after the 2020 election that the Democrats impeach Kavanaugh for lying under oath, repeatedly, during his hearings.

by Anonymousreply 40January 9, 2019 6:40 PM

BREAKING: There has just been a RGB sighting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 9, 2019 9:30 PM

On Saturday, the 12th, CNN will air "RBG." How her early battles changed the world for women. 8:00-10:00PM ET

by Anonymousreply 42January 9, 2019 10:03 PM

This is making Roseanne Barf happy. Seriously, I shockingly saw her gleefully cheering on the idea of Ruth dying Twitter. Roseanne is an indefensible sack of filth.

by Anonymousreply 43January 9, 2019 10:20 PM

She probably only has a couple of weeks left.

by Anonymousreply 44January 9, 2019 10:29 PM

[quote]They likely discovered she had metastatic cancer during surgery, and now she’s on hospice.

That does not even make sense. They wouldn't discover while operating on her lungs that the cancer had spread outside the lungs. That would be discovered via scan.

Obviously, it's serious any time an 85-year-old has major surgery, but it's not weird that she needs more than 2.5 weeks to recover, and it doesn't necessarily mean she won't be back, despite all the concern trolling in here.

by Anonymousreply 45January 9, 2019 10:31 PM

Ask Susette Kelo how she feels about the Notorious RBG and the other liberal justices. As a poster astutely notes above, same tiger, different stripes.

by Anonymousreply 46January 9, 2019 10:32 PM

Who tf is Susette Kelo?

by Anonymousreply 47January 9, 2019 10:37 PM

Kavanaugh cost the Dems plenty. The Dems were more conservative in those states but when the people saw the absolute farce of a charge and they saw their votes it was over on election day...

by Anonymousreply 48January 10, 2019 12:17 AM

In case the worst happens, I hope that her family Weekend-at-Bernie's her at home for a couple of years while she officially is just on sick leave.

There was a legal thriller with that as a plot point. By Grisham, I think.

by Anonymousreply 49January 10, 2019 1:03 AM

That poster is mistaken. After the surgery, the doctors said they took out all the cancer and didn't see anything else, it didn't spread.

by Anonymousreply 50January 10, 2019 1:06 AM

I had to google Susanne Kelo. Yeah, I remember that case and was appalled that the more liberal justices were the ones who decided that eminent domain for private profit was fine. It was infuriating.

by Anonymousreply 51January 10, 2019 1:07 AM

Why are some of you idiots, including the OP, referring to her as RGB? She’s RBG.

by Anonymousreply 52January 10, 2019 1:14 AM

She could have retired during Obama's Presidency; early enough so Mitch McConnell couldn't pull his shit.

by Anonymousreply 53January 10, 2019 1:36 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 11, 2019 1:21 AM

If there was any time to raise hell for Obama, the Merrick Garland stonewall was it. He weakly kicked the can down the road.

by Anonymousreply 55January 11, 2019 2:14 AM

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is cancer-free and her recovery from surgery is “on track” — but she will miss a second week of oral arguments next week, the court announced Friday.

“Her recovery from surgery is on track,” said court spokeswoman Kathy Arberg, according to CNBC. “Post-surgery evaluation indicates no evidence of remaining disease, and no further treatment is required.”

Ginsburg, 85, had surgery in Manhattan on Dec. 21 to remove two cancerous nodules from her left lung and was released on Christmas Day.

She already missed three days of arguments this week — the first time in her 25 years on the bench.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 11, 2019 6:01 PM

[quote] Ruth Bader Ginsburg is cancer-free and her recovery from surgery is “on track”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 11, 2019 6:26 PM

She’s never going back to work.

by Anonymousreply 58January 11, 2019 6:34 PM

I love that there's automatically fifty threads screaming SHE'S AS GOOD AS DEAD but of course the second she's deemed fine all the panic trolls go silent - y'all as transparent as your beloved vodka

by Anonymousreply 59January 11, 2019 9:59 PM

She's history.

by Anonymousreply 60January 12, 2019 2:31 AM

She needs to show herself in public. Pronto.

by Anonymousreply 61January 12, 2019 5:42 AM

There are appearances in public, and then there are 𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑠 𝑖𝑛 𝑝𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑖𝑐.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 12, 2019 5:54 AM

More then two weeks of radio silence. Very peculiar.

by Anonymousreply 63January 28, 2019 5:25 AM

Where's Ruth?

by Anonymousreply 64January 30, 2019 9:31 PM

2 months now. Shit, shit, shit.

by Anonymousreply 65February 3, 2019 6:04 PM

I am sad to say she is dying. She has metastatic lung cancer. It spread to her bones and that’s why she had 3 fractured ribs. I wish it wasn’t true. I wish she’d live forever. But she’s going to die before Trump leaves the WH.

by Anonymousreply 66February 3, 2019 6:45 PM

Ok, let me give you “doctor talk” about cancer

1) “Your cancer is treatable.”

That doesn’t mean your cancer isn’t terminal. It just means they can operated & give chemo and/or radiation. But it won’t save your life. You’ll die 1.5 or 2 years later.

2) “As far as we can see, you are cancer free after surgery”.

It means literally “as far as we can see.” It doesn’t mean your cancer is gone. It means they can’t see it with naked eyes. And they sent a tissue specimen to pathology who says it has clean edges, meaning they can’t see cancer in the area that was operated on. So they removed the cancer they can see. Doesn’t mean it hasn’t metastasized elsewhere or that it’s not coming back.

3) “Treatment is on track”

Everything they expect to happen is happening. You’re still going to die of cancer, but they’re impleneting the treatment plan they give to everyone with your cancer. If the treatment is known to end in death in 3 or 4 months later, that’s also on track. It doesn’t mean treatment cured you. It means you’re still alive & getting medical treatment....for now. If you are in hospice care 2 months later, your treatment is on track

I really hate these work-arounds that drs give cancer patients. They know exactly how it will end, and it will end when you’ve got terminal cancer. But they want don’t 2ant people to stop treatment. Some of it is due to the fact oncologists wouldn’t be in business if everyone decided not to go through treatment. And part of it is because the family always wants the person to continue treatment because they believe in miracles and they want the person around as long as possible.

It also means insurance is paying for it

by Anonymousreply 67February 3, 2019 7:00 PM

I apologize for my typos and poor grammar. I have sleep apnea & am not quite recovered from sleep. Weird, the more weight I lose the worse my apnea seems to be. It’s supposed to be the other way around

by Anonymousreply 68February 3, 2019 7:03 PM

If she legitimately was recovering they by now would have arranged for a sympathetic reporter to visit and vouch for her. Maybe no video to preserve her dignity but an independent confirmation would serve her interests. The silence speaks volumes.

by Anonymousreply 69February 3, 2019 7:57 PM

So is she still MIA from the Supreme Court?

by Anonymousreply 70February 3, 2019 8:00 PM

Sixty nine days since RBG has been seen in public.

by Anonymousreply 71February 13, 2019 10:29 PM

The Supreme Court resumes next week so we'll see if she shows up or is continuing to work from home

by Anonymousreply 72February 13, 2019 10:32 PM

She needs to survive until a Dem President takes office in 2021.

She’ll probably die well before that.

by Anonymousreply 73February 13, 2019 10:34 PM

OP, have you punched and deleted every single Repig in your life?

by Anonymousreply 74February 13, 2019 11:19 PM

She was at a concert last week.

"Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg made her first public appearance since undergoing lung cancer surgery, attending a concert in her honor given by her daughter-in-law and other musicians."

"James Ginsburg said before the concert that his mother is walking a mile a day and meeting with her personal trainer twice a week."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75February 13, 2019 11:45 PM

and nobody in the whole concert had a camera. What are the odds.

by Anonymousreply 76February 13, 2019 11:48 PM

She’s back!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77February 15, 2019 2:28 PM

Yes, indeed, RBG has returned to work at the Supreme Court.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78February 15, 2019 7:02 PM

and still no photos. most peculiar.

by Anonymousreply 79February 16, 2019 1:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!