Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why do celebs always seem to have such large dilated pupils?

I notice it a lot during chat shows and the like, and sometimes in movies. Are they purposefully doing it because they think it looks good or what?

Well?

by Anonymousreply 16January 8, 2019 7:00 PM

Maybe it’s the type of lighting I have no clue.

by Anonymousreply 1January 7, 2019 11:25 PM

The lighting and the magnification effect of contacts

by Anonymousreply 2January 7, 2019 11:27 PM

Drugs???

by Anonymousreply 3January 7, 2019 11:53 PM

Fucking COCAINE. What a dumb question.

by Anonymousreply 4January 7, 2019 11:56 PM

Models' pupils are sometimes enlarged in photos. It gives a warmer, friendlier appearance, as pupils naturally dialate when one feels desire.

In the old days, professional beauties put drops of belladonna in their eyes to achieve this effect.

by Anonymousreply 5January 8, 2019 12:03 AM

Forget about the large pupils. I always wonder why they have such large heads. I was watching the Golden Globes and couldn't decide if their bodies were so skinny that they had lollipop heads, or if they had normal bodies with gargantuan alien heads.

by Anonymousreply 6January 8, 2019 1:02 AM

r6, there is a theory that the human species is subconsciously attracted to baby-like proportions- large head and eyes. Also very prominent bone structure flattens well from 3 dimensions to two.

The Captain guy from Captain and Tennille had abnormally large irises and pupils (Asian girls buy contacts to simulate them now):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 8, 2019 1:16 AM

Hippie Lettuce, I tells ya! The whole lot are hooked on the reefer.

by Anonymousreply 8January 8, 2019 1:23 AM

I want to know why celebs always have such large dialated holes.

by Anonymousreply 9January 8, 2019 1:26 AM

Coke, Adderall, Meth, MDMA, etc.

by Anonymousreply 10January 8, 2019 2:16 AM

I understand that people seem to think it is cocaine which makes one's pupils huge, but I was an opiate(pills) user for 20+ years and my pupils were gigantic when I was using. It was the sure fire "tell" which let my fam and friends knw I was high as a kite.

So it could be that as well as blow.

by Anonymousreply 11January 8, 2019 2:56 AM

I guess they make your eyes look larger hence asians wearing those weird contacts...it does look fucking creepy though.

by Anonymousreply 12January 8, 2019 6:28 PM

What do you mean? Isn’t that the new look?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 8, 2019 6:46 PM

[quote] Forget about the large pupils. I always wonder why they have such large heads. I was watching the Golden Globes and couldn't decide if their bodies were so skinny that they had lollipop heads, or if they had normal bodies with gargantuan alien heads.

It is well known that, for some reason, short actors with big heads show up well in movies and TV

by Anonymousreply 14January 8, 2019 6:56 PM

People with lighter irises seem to get those huge pupils

by Anonymousreply 15January 8, 2019 6:57 PM

You just notice it more because of the contrast, r15.

by Anonymousreply 16January 8, 2019 7:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!