Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Asians on the Moon

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 6, 2019 4:53 PM

Can I start a conspiracy theory about a fake moon landing, before the fact this time?

by Anonymousreply 1January 2, 2019 9:22 PM

Are they opening a Chanel there?

by Anonymousreply 2January 2, 2019 10:35 PM

The dark side is supposedly where the aliens have all their bases. Maybe they'll send out a group of security greys to smash the hell out of it, and it sends the footage back to earth.

by Anonymousreply 3January 2, 2019 11:58 PM

I'm curious about the dark side of the moon, because I work with one of those guys who is firmly convinced that the Apollo moon landings were faked. I pointed out that back in the 1970s I had a map showing both sides of the moon, and that the standard maps of the entire moon are based on the US's pictures from that era, and that if any country ever wanted to embarrass the US by proving the moon landing was fake, all they had to do was send a satellite to photograph the far side of the moon and show that it looked nothing like the official US maps.

Should be easy, now that there are all sorts of robotic spaceships being sent to the far planets, with cameras that could take shots of the Earth and moon when they had nothing better to do.

by Anonymousreply 4January 3, 2019 12:01 AM

I hope it crashes

by Anonymousreply 5January 3, 2019 12:17 AM

So racist OP.

by Anonymousreply 6January 3, 2019 12:19 AM

This is the only Dark Side Of The Moon that I know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 3, 2019 12:30 AM

@nextspaceflight

It is finally confirmed!!!

China's Chang'e-4 robotic spacecraft has become the first to successfully landed on the far side of the moon, Chinese state media report.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 3, 2019 3:15 AM

Did it crash?

by Anonymousreply 9January 3, 2019 4:02 AM

Okies and flyovers on DL.

by Anonymousreply 10January 3, 2019 4:04 AM

How does a ship on the far side of the moon send and receive messages from Earth? Is it always facing away from the Earth?

by Anonymousreply 11January 3, 2019 4:05 AM

Ancient Chinese secret r11.

by Anonymousreply 12January 3, 2019 4:07 AM

Ground Control to Major Wong...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 3, 2019 4:11 AM

I'd like some Asian girls on ME!

by Anonymousreply 14January 3, 2019 4:13 AM

They're there!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 3, 2019 4:15 AM

R11 they’re also putting up a satellite to bounce signals back and forth, without that you’re right there would be no communication possible with anything on the dark side.

by Anonymousreply 16January 3, 2019 4:22 AM

Photos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 3, 2019 4:22 AM

Further adventures of Major Tom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 3, 2019 4:22 AM

If there are alien structures on the dark side of the moon, the Chinese will likely crash into them, then scream at them for cutting them off.

by Anonymousreply 19January 3, 2019 4:25 AM

Is there like a monkey or dog on board?

by Anonymousreply 20January 3, 2019 4:34 AM

[quote]The dark side is supposedly where the aliens have all their bases.

According to the Weekly World News the dark side of the moon is where Elvis lives and is looked after by sexy moon girls.

by Anonymousreply 21January 3, 2019 4:41 AM

It must have been cool to experience the Apollo 11 moon landing in 1969, and see our country come together, excited about what we could achieve. I can't imagine us coming together like that today, as one country.

by Anonymousreply 22January 3, 2019 6:55 AM

Apollo 11 was fun in that the whole world celebrated. Later, when Apollo 13 became cripple in space, the whole world worried.

by Anonymousreply 23January 3, 2019 3:11 PM

Poor Moon.

by Anonymousreply 24January 3, 2019 3:22 PM

It's actually called the FAR SIDE of the moon not the Dark Side. As R7 pointed out the Dark Side of the Moon is a Pink Floyd album.

by Anonymousreply 25January 3, 2019 3:30 PM

Asians send me over the moon.

by Anonymousreply 26January 3, 2019 3:31 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 3, 2019 4:05 PM

kind of sad in a way that we are no longer the super power. we are too busy trying to build a wall. Between Bush and Trump and all the money they have wasted it leaves us nothing to move forward with.

by Anonymousreply 28January 3, 2019 4:15 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 3, 2019 4:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 3, 2019 4:24 PM

They'll be landing on Taiwan next.

by Anonymousreply 31January 3, 2019 4:25 PM

It's going to take them forever to park.

by Anonymousreply 32January 3, 2019 4:26 PM

Gives new meaning to the term yellow moon.

by Anonymousreply 33January 3, 2019 4:28 PM

Just so you know, the far side of the Moon actually isn’t perpetually dark. It gets the same amount of Sun as the near side. It’s always the far-side from us, because the Moon rotates in sync with the Earth, so the same moon-side always faces us. It’s called tidal locking.

I think Mercury is likewise tidily locked to the Sun; and there is at least one moon of the larger planets that is tidily locked to its planet, too. It’s a feature of physics.

Bonus snews: during a total solar eclipse, the fact that the Moon seemingly perfectly fits over the Sun to hid it; and they both appear to be exactly the same size, is just a coincidence. The Moon is moving away from the Earth about an inch per year, so in far future total solar eclipses, there will be a ring of fire around the Sun at its apex.

by Anonymousreply 34January 3, 2019 7:34 PM

[quote] An astronomical error! Astronaut sparked security alert at NASA's Houston base after accidentally calling 911 from the International Space Station.

Social Services should do a health check.

by Anonymousreply 35January 3, 2019 7:37 PM

Wi Tu Far!

by Anonymousreply 36January 3, 2019 7:38 PM

[quote] kind of sad in a way that we are no longer the super power. we are too busy trying to build a wall.

Kind of sad in a way that we are no longer the super power.... Because we haven't built a wall.

by Anonymousreply 37January 3, 2019 7:40 PM

They are my sisters

My Asian sisters on the Moon

by Anonymousreply 38January 3, 2019 7:40 PM

That's a long way to go to deliver menus.

by Anonymousreply 39January 3, 2019 8:01 PM

R37 Stop emulating our Great Wall

by Anonymousreply 40January 3, 2019 8:04 PM

There will be a Chinatown on the Moon before you know it!

by Anonymousreply 41January 3, 2019 8:07 PM

I'm sure there are easier places to find a white top.

by Anonymousreply 42January 3, 2019 8:15 PM

NASA has had plans to explore the lunar far side since 2000. But never had the funds to do it!

by Anonymousreply 43January 3, 2019 8:17 PM

China went all the way to the moon to take a picture of a sinkhole.

by Anonymousreply 44January 3, 2019 8:43 PM

卫星听我话, 我听党的话。

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 3, 2019 9:32 PM

^ Fuck...that looks like something from the 1960s...

by Anonymousreply 46January 3, 2019 10:39 PM

[R45] 10 bonus social credit points for all of you.

by Anonymousreply 47January 5, 2019 2:35 PM

R34 is it possible that the Moon's orbit is merely fluctuating based on regular orbital cycles rather than permanently moving away? I know this is based on the theory that the Moon was ejected from the Earth billions of years ago. But if not maybe this isn't going to be a real life Space 1999 situation. Thanks for the post - very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 48January 5, 2019 2:43 PM

The reason the Chinese can land on the moon is because in the late 90s, the US space companies showed them how. Until then, they would try and try, and just watch their attempts explode.

The US space companies got into big trouble and were fined, but that is all.

by Anonymousreply 49January 5, 2019 2:45 PM

Has India been to the moon yet? Did they leave any lingering smells for the Chinese?

by Anonymousreply 50January 5, 2019 2:49 PM

R48, no, it is not possible. In the very distant past, the moon as much closer to the earth. I don’t know how they know this, but they do. As a result, tides were a lot more dramatic. I don’t know how much, but imagine a tide that rose by 100 ft, instead of maybe 10 ft, today. It would have driven inland much further and been much stronger.

The astronauts installed mirrors on the moon. Astronomers bounce lasers off the mirrors and record the time it takes for the beam to be reflected back to the source. That’s how they know it’s moving away from us. At least, thats the physical proof that validates the theory.

by Anonymousreply 51January 5, 2019 2:51 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 5, 2019 3:28 PM

^it makes me wonder if Trump is doing Putin’s bidding by sanctioning Chinese companies. You can bet that Russia would be the beneficiary of seeing two of his main rivals getting into a dust-up.

by Anonymousreply 53January 5, 2019 3:57 PM

[quote] Bow down, Yankee dogs. We the future of space fright.

Xi Jinping

by Anonymousreply 54January 5, 2019 4:12 PM

The chinese is extremely ambitious and undoubtedly will take over the world very soon in every fucking thing

by Anonymousreply 55January 5, 2019 4:33 PM

R54, how’d you like to have a manually operated musket shoved up your commie ass?

by Anonymousreply 56January 5, 2019 4:57 PM

I had a great uncle who used to go to “fairy balls” in NYC. The family knows about this today, but I can’t say if it was known in his lifetime, (1894-1971). He eventually married and had no children. My Dad was best man at the wedding. I met him, once.

by Anonymousreply 57January 5, 2019 5:14 PM

Thanks R57. Were these Fairy Balls on the far side of the moon?

by Anonymousreply 58January 6, 2019 4:17 AM

True R51 assuming the theory is correct. The measurements they've taken would seem to be based on a small sample size. Oh well we'll know in another 1 billion years.

by Anonymousreply 59January 6, 2019 4:36 PM

Once the moon is destroyed, we will be all dead. The Chinese now has an alternative strategy targeting from the above

by Anonymousreply 60January 6, 2019 4:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!