Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Instant Hotel: A fun Aussie reality show on Netflix

Spinning out of the Netflix recs thread, this series full of catty comments and colorful characters now has its own thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190July 13, 2019 6:10 PM

Wheres the Man Candy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 1, 2019 12:59 PM

Moving my comment from the Netflix thread - thx OP

Instant Hotel- we binged it last night: Leroy's award winning home was a piece of shit backing up to the highway! If he hadn't built it up so much and not been such a prissy bitch to everyone he would have received a higher score. Fake flowers and cheesy decorative crap EVERYWHERE. His face while getting his score was priceless. Do Australians have to clean their overnight rentals themselves? Why no cleaning fee like air bnb?

I feel like we need a go fund me to send the 50's Americana couple to the USA. Also, Babe and Bondi had some definite Kath & Kim tendencies. Bondi fell into an American accent a lot wonder if she goes to school in the US.

Is round 2 posted?

by Anonymousreply 2January 1, 2019 1:02 PM

Did you see Eps 6-10 yet? Im wondering b/c cleaning fees became a plot point ...

by Anonymousreply 3January 1, 2019 1:05 PM

The prize location - owned by Leonardo ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 1, 2019 1:08 PM

Brent & Leroy!

I can’t believe they were so upset about the shirtless hunky bartender. I would’ve loved it!

Is 9 am check out standard in Oz? Seems too early to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 1, 2019 1:16 PM

9am check out is criminal. I have not watched episodes 6-10 yet maybe tonight!

by Anonymousreply 6January 1, 2019 1:18 PM

MIKEYYYY!

by Anonymousreply 7January 1, 2019 1:21 PM

R6. You will see “cleaning fees” in action ...

by Anonymousreply 8January 1, 2019 2:22 PM

R5. False indignation ...lol ...

by Anonymousreply 9January 1, 2019 2:22 PM

[Quote] Is 9 am check out standard in Oz? Seems too early to me.

Usually 9 or 10am.

by Anonymousreply 10January 1, 2019 2:56 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 11January 1, 2019 3:55 PM

R5 Brent and Leroy probably tried to hire the bartender for some private entertainment and he declined. If you notice Brent was looking the guy up and down. Not sure why everyone was so hard on Babe and Bondi? Most likely jealousy due to the fact they they were offering an amazing condo in an unbelievable location at a reasonable price.

by Anonymousreply 12January 1, 2019 5:59 PM

Sam and James have been cited many times for their Instant Hotel. They have a beautiful property but it looks like Sam isn’t so great at following the rules!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 1, 2019 6:02 PM

New host of Instant Hotel Series 2 - Too Bad I liked Luke - Julia will return

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 1, 2019 6:04 PM

I enjoyed Juliet ... she has a patrician, slightly appalled demeanor at times ...

by Anonymousreply 15January 1, 2019 6:38 PM

Binged the entire season over the past couple of days due the Netflix recommendations thread. I was genuinely laughing out loud at times. Those people were just too much. Unfortunately, playing a strategic "game" took precedence almost immediately. As such, the instant hotels were incidental and took a backseat to all of the interpersonal dynamics, alliances, sabotage, and playing up to the camera.

[quote]Is 9 am check out standard in Oz? Seems too early to me.

[quote]Usually 9 or 10am.

Ahhh... now that makes sense to me. I thought that it was a special rule for the show created to cause more drama.

And thank you to the poster above who indicated that the grand prize property is owned by Leo DiCaprio. Whenever that host made a big deal about the [italic]"Palm Springs property owned by a former big star!",[/italic] I thought, "Who the hell cares about Dinah Shore? Most of those contestants have probably never heard of her!"

by Anonymousreply 16January 1, 2019 9:08 PM

Omg episodes 6-10 are SAVAGE!!!

by Anonymousreply 17January 2, 2019 12:52 AM

Watching the last two episodes tonight. Simon in the later episodes is quite tasty. The two younger “friend” couples in episodes 6-10 are vile people, but make for good telly. Some of the aussie accents are... intense.

by Anonymousreply 18January 2, 2019 2:28 PM

R1 it’s nonexistent mostly till the second group of people. But that is if you like DILFs along with MIIKEYYY!

R12 Most of the homes were suburbs far from all the activity of the city. Which made it laughable about how many people were playing up their property. I wouldn’t pay for any of them except for Babe and Bondi’s as a tourist. Maybe the Zen house but that cleaning fee..yikes

by Anonymousreply 19January 2, 2019 2:43 PM

Thanks to the person who recommended it on the other thread, it is great fun. Have watched the first half of the series. The gays fit the stereotypes, though the one does have some good lines. I agree, they played up their home, which set expectations too high. Their home wasn’t something I’d want to stay in — too staged, and looked like a swap meet. Babe looks like a tranny, and has the mouth of a drag queen. She also gets in some lines. She obviously lacks in parenting, as Bondi comes off as a slacker. Noticed how Bondi was checking out the guy in the shower? Sorry to see the current host leave. His IG post shows him mostly in LA. Is he trying to break Into Hollywood? I thought he was gay, but he has a girlfriend who accepted his marriage proposal. She has a cameo appearance on his postings.

I just got back from Australia, and everywhere was the standard 10 am. Some were later.

by Anonymousreply 20January 2, 2019 2:52 PM

For a large group staying 5 days or more the Zen house cleaning fee is understandable but I wouldn’t do it for a short stay.

I was shocked by Mikey and Shay’s place! I expected a gaudy Los Vegas vibe with lots of Z Gallerie furniture not something so old fashioned and dated. The outside space was the best part. I was also surprised that they had pets, they seem too self centered to take care of animals.

by Anonymousreply 21January 2, 2019 2:52 PM

Omg can't wait to finish it I just finished the poo tour house episode!

by Anonymousreply 22January 2, 2019 6:33 PM

This show made me realize some of the similarities between the US and Australia.

All of those suburban homes remind me of houses in Florida and Atlanta. My sister lives in FL in an almost identical home to Serena and Sturt (hate that name), complete with artificial lake. Thankfully they’re not near the poo facility.

Also, that redneck bar in episode 1 or 2 looks straight out of red state America.

by Anonymousreply 23January 2, 2019 6:50 PM

Is it me or does Bondi look like a post-transplant Mama June on anti-rejection drugs?

by Anonymousreply 24January 2, 2019 7:08 PM

Bondi lost weight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 2, 2019 7:15 PM

Poor Serena!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 2, 2019 7:18 PM

In the Mikey and Shay episode, Mikey say's "Your sitting on a 200 year old sofa that probably costs more money than your car!"

Ummm, no, it's a late Victorian sofa and not even mid-level.

He reeks of douchebag!

by Anonymousreply 27January 2, 2019 7:18 PM

Serena's nose:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 2, 2019 7:20 PM

Is Sturt gay?

by Anonymousreply 29January 2, 2019 7:25 PM

UGH, this screams made for retirees.

by Anonymousreply 30January 2, 2019 7:34 PM

Damn. I'm in Germany right now and can't get it on Netflix Germany. Bummer. The show sounds hilarious. And I am in desperate need for a good and trashy reality TV show.

by Anonymousreply 31January 2, 2019 8:09 PM

What the hell does Shay do in the medical industry?!

by Anonymousreply 32January 3, 2019 12:34 AM

She’s probably a receptionist for a plastic surgeon

by Anonymousreply 33January 3, 2019 12:43 AM

Shay’s accent also sounds American at times ...

by Anonymousreply 34January 3, 2019 10:22 AM

I've saved the final episode for tonight! That last round of competition was some shady catty craziness. Hope we see another season too, great mindless fun.

by Anonymousreply 35January 3, 2019 10:45 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36January 3, 2019 3:09 PM

I thought Mikey was her boyfriend, are they just friends?

by Anonymousreply 37January 3, 2019 4:27 PM

C’mon Mikey is gay, gay, gay. Although, I get the impression his parents might not know. He does seem a bit simple for an accountant. He constantly spouted malapropisms like “she’s just a critique”. I think you mean “critic”, dear.

by Anonymousreply 38January 3, 2019 4:31 PM

Mmm not sure that she wasn’t a bitchy entitled brat before her fiancée died in a freak hypothermia accident, but ok.

by Anonymousreply 39January 3, 2019 4:32 PM

I definitely got a gay vibe from Mikey but it seems to me they presented themselves as boyfriend and girlfriend unlike Serena and Sturt (I’m assuming he’s gay as well).

by Anonymousreply 40January 3, 2019 5:05 PM

Are Mikey and Shay middle eastern?

by Anonymousreply 41January 3, 2019 5:06 PM

I watched episodes 1-6 and when I saw that Terry and Anita couple insist people clean their house on top of a $360 cleaning fee while surreptitiously spying next door to make sure tenants are quiet once the clock struck 10; I thought, good luck increasing your traffic. And a 9AM check-out time on top of that? Their so-called ZEN home is way too fucking stressful to enjoy a stay. Plus, they played fast and loose with their location as they're a fucking half hour hilly walk to downtown. Not that there seemed much in Brisbane worth seeing; South Bank is literally a cement pond with some sand, and a band-aid. On top of that, Terry seemed like a dick.

by Anonymousreply 42January 3, 2019 5:43 PM

It was kinda odd in the last episode, when they are started being lovely to each other for the entire episode. They’d all spent the previous 11 episodes all ripping each other to shreds. Will be waiting for season 2. It was entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 43January 3, 2019 7:14 PM

Shay works in the medical industry and in television production; is a fashion designer, hairdresser, makeup artist and professional gamer; is developing a line of low-calories cocktails, and demolishes, rebuilds, and decorates houses with her mother and aunts. But her real career is being exhausting on Instagram.

She and Mikey are no longer friends due to a mysterious incident involving a man in her room while she was sleeping and Mikey's unwillingness to get involved.

[quote]before the show 3 of my most loved people died tragically in seperate circumstances. So when one of my friends asked me to help him get on a show whos been trying to get a break on tv for a decade starts telling you we can’t hang out with any of our normal friends no more cause they’re going to be ‘using us’ or is jumping in front of someone who is genuinely crying to get camera time, and gets scared by me ‘out doing’ him on stardom or whatever he thinks a show on hotels gets called gay by the gay guys on the show, I stick up for him, he stays silent... he doesn’t want that to go to air cause he a ‘party boy’ image and instead resolves it with them by saying he knows they did it cause they wanted to see if I’m a true friend to him and he thanks them?? And I got physically attacked on that show and he still has not had my back once. I gave him so many chances after that. But I ain’t looking for fame, I don’t care about people’s validation, and someone else even my lone time deserves me more than someone who ditches his friends just like that. He has hook ups to free drinks and whatever, so he has quantity. But fuck quantity, I’d rather the selected few true friends who ❤️.

[quote] it’s messed up, and I want to tell everyone cause I was asleep and they let a man into my room, and when it got nasty and scary I had no where to run, and the person on the show for to help him get in the spotlight said he doesn’t want to get involved because he doesn’t want to upset he network even though I was crying traumatised and adrenaline pumping, but legally I have to wait two more months then it’s alll coming out.

[quote]Serena cared so much, even though they painted her as the villain, but my team mate he cared more about not upsetting the big boys so he could get I don’t know what.. a bunch of people who don’t know him to idolise a character who he isn’t? Told me he won’t testify in court, none of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 3, 2019 8:09 PM

Wow! Her writing is atrocious!

by Anonymousreply 45January 3, 2019 8:40 PM

Da fuq about a man getting into her room on the show? Thats awful ...

by Anonymousreply 46January 3, 2019 10:56 PM

R44 Is Shay illiterate?

by Anonymousreply 47January 3, 2019 11:20 PM

Did she get attacked while Mikey slept on the outdoor bed in Brisbane? I’m confused!

by Anonymousreply 48January 4, 2019 2:51 AM

You can’t look bad on tv unless you give them something to work with. Shay was probably a bitch in the womb. Serena was also a bitch. Mikey, Stuart, the gay couple — all gay. The photographer was kind of hot, wonder how his girlfriend feels about him sleeping with his fwb, the hair seller. In the beginning, the show was fun, but when the claws came out, and they went for the personal, it turned. Babe looked like a tranny. She talked like a bitter queen. All in all, the show was fun.

by Anonymousreply 49January 4, 2019 4:37 AM

She's still at it. I'm adding some paragraph breaks but I don't think it will help.

[quote]I knowww I cringe too like I knew they were going to want to make me the villain asking me to go super over the top, but I can be super mean and sassy even to myself and I wouldn’t do it to someone who was vulnerable, I actually got super emotional with the house boat and I’m sure I gave them a 7, cause they’re good peeps who were trying to help their parents. I got heart.

[quote]But thanks for saying “hated” like you over it and we cool now cause I’m pretty dope, I slay on myself and that show ain’t even worthy of showing what anyone was actually like in person. But regardless I wish yo ass the best in 2019. And yea some shit was so nasty where they’d be pushing me to wear extra shit and I ain’t about that excess sparkles or LV I hated when my mum got me a LV bag, I didn’t like that everything society tell you is goals style.

[quote]That basic, anyway I’m talking too much, it’s even annoying myself but I don’t want girls to hate girls, especially cause I’m blow up the truth on these fools about how they covered up criminal shit and made the girls the haters when we yea knew they were going to make us the villains but we were still like whatever, my friend trying to get into acting so I’ll take the hit. [bold]But then being stripped bare while you sleep and another contestant starts cussing and then beating yo ass and they don’t make him a villain or help me, when I was screaming for him to get out of my room, and my mate didn’t even give a fuck.[/bold]

[quote]So I got me, and [bold]in March legally I’m going to be throwing it out and getting ready for court. but I’m still talking,[/bold] I don’t care regardless i just wanted to my part in showing young females some love and saying get to know me and each other and it’s the holidays and why not fuck all that hating each other shit.

by Anonymousreply 50January 4, 2019 6:22 AM

WHO ATTACKED SHAY?

by Anonymousreply 51January 4, 2019 10:50 AM

The voices in her head

by Anonymousreply 52January 4, 2019 2:47 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 53January 5, 2019 2:23 AM

Serena has a new nose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 5, 2019 6:42 AM

Wow that is a NEW non 🐷🐽 nose R54

by Anonymousreply 55January 5, 2019 8:33 AM

The new nose looks better. Was the old nose from unfortunate inbreeding, a coke habit, or something else?

by Anonymousreply 56January 5, 2019 11:01 AM

She lost a lot of weight as well.

by Anonymousreply 57January 5, 2019 12:15 PM

Leroy should have been wearing a caftan when he gave the tour of his “tastefully”. decorated suburban bungalow.

by Anonymousreply 58January 5, 2019 2:40 PM

If Simon and Terry had gotten it on in each of those various rentals, it would have made the whole thing a lot easier to endure. A lot.

by Anonymousreply 59January 5, 2019 6:25 PM

This was a lot of fun. I had a little crush on Adam from the first round, even though he was a bit of a doofus. I also loved the 50s mullet couple. Really sweet.

Mikey's house, or rather his parents' house, was GROSS.

Wonder if there will still be a season 2 if production allowed Shay to be attacked by another contestant?

by Anonymousreply 60January 6, 2019 6:08 AM

I need more info on Shay's attack - was it during the last night in Brisbane? After she ran and knocked over the Jenga game?

by Anonymousreply 61January 6, 2019 11:38 AM

There is decay season 2, a new host has already been announced - Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen - Juliet will be back.

by Anonymousreply 62January 6, 2019 11:52 AM

R54 Kudos to the surgeon! They definitely improved it.

by Anonymousreply 63January 6, 2019 12:19 PM

SM dragging Serena about her appearance evidently got to her.

by Anonymousreply 64January 6, 2019 2:47 PM

Was Shay attacked by Sturt?? And what kind of name is "Sturt"???? I kept thinking it was a typo when they showed his name on the screen.

by Anonymousreply 65January 6, 2019 6:50 PM

If Shay were attacked as she claims why is she waiting until March to reveal all? Some type of confidentiality agreement she signed with the show? That being said, what she describes is criminal and she should be going to the authorities. I highly doubt what happened unfolded as she claims. It’s a half truth.

by Anonymousreply 66January 6, 2019 7:59 PM

I can't imagine it being anyone but Sturt, but then she mentions loving him and Serena. I'll have to go back and check the dates of those posts, if she hasn't already deleted them. She's deleted a lot. In my dreams, it was Leroy channeling Patsy Ramsey and Joan Crawford.

None of it make sense but this is what little I could gather from her barely comprehensible comments...

1. The gay man (or men; she's written both) either called Mikey gay to his face or said it to other people while Shay was present.

2. She jumped in and "defended" Mikey, who apparently believes he presents as a raging heterosexualist party-boy and socialite.

3. Mikey told Shay that the whole thing had been a setup. They only did it to test Shay's loyalty to Mikey.

4. Next, the man (or one of the men) behind the gay accusation ended up in Shay's bedroom and attacked her while she was asleep. She claims to have been screaming and attempting to fight him off while Mikey did nothing. She also said she had no way to escape the room and that her clothes were ripped off.

5. Her main complaint seems to be that, after having defended his virile heterosexualism to the attacker, Mikey let everything at #4 take place because he didn't want to make waves. He had been desperately trying to launch an acting career for ten years and he wasn't going to let anything ruin his big break.

6. She's also mad that she only appeared on the show as a favor to Mikey and that no one told her the premise. She claims she had no idea that it was a competition, that it involved houses, or that she was going to be presented as a bratty "socialite." Alternately, she knew all along that she was going to be presented as a bratty socialite because production told her to bring her tightest, shortest, sparkliest clothing, high heels, and designer bags....none of which she really likes because she's a flats kinda girl who guts and renovates mansions with her mother and aunts in addition to running 1.001 other incredibly successful businesses. She's also mad that Mikey knew the the premise of the show and didn't use one of her houses, because then they would have won. But...she didn't want to win anyway, because she also lives in Orange County and a trip to Palm Springs is, like, ewwww.

by Anonymousreply 67January 6, 2019 8:06 PM

Is hot host homosexual?

by Anonymousreply 68January 6, 2019 9:43 PM

R67. Re:#6. Her accent sounded American most of the time ... that she lives in OC even part time now makes that understandable ...

by Anonymousreply 69January 6, 2019 9:48 PM

Babe and Bondi lived in NY for ten years, which explains why one of them sounds the way she does.

[quote]The self-confessed 'international gypsies' moved back to Sydney two years ago after a decade in Manhattan, New York, and the move took a toll on Bondi's happiness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 6, 2019 10:04 PM

Mikey and Sturt are 100 per cent homosexual 👸 queens.

by Anonymousreply 71January 6, 2019 11:58 PM

Thanks r67 nicely laid out! I don't feel it's Sturt but who the hell else could it have been?

by Anonymousreply 72January 7, 2019 10:28 AM

I was rooting for Brent & Leroy at first because of the gay angle. But if you look at Leroy and his hair and getup (too short shorts for his age, too colorful for his age, that swishy hair) you will know why their place was going to be OTT Queeen.

Do not hire a "decorator" who can't decorate himself appropriately.

by Anonymousreply 73January 7, 2019 10:40 AM

Leroy’s website

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74January 7, 2019 7:03 PM

Leroy is such a trashy name.

by Anonymousreply 75January 7, 2019 7:11 PM

Just as names, Leroy Belle and Brent Beach deserve a place in DL’s lexicon.

“Ross? Ross?? How dare you, you cunting viper! The exquisite caftan you besmirch is a Leroy Belle and Brent Beach original and it’s worth more than your car!”

by Anonymousreply 76January 7, 2019 8:05 PM

Omg!

by Anonymousreply 77January 8, 2019 1:22 AM

Leroy Belle's designs are throwbacks to the bourgeois American gay men of the 70's and 80's. I expect to see Lalique everywhere in his rooms. And bottles of Grey Flannel and Canoe.

by Anonymousreply 78January 8, 2019 3:56 AM

Leroy’s boyfriend sounded American, is he? I couldn’t find anything on him in my Google search.

by Anonymousreply 79January 8, 2019 3:59 AM

“But darling, it’s a Belle and Beach original!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 8, 2019 4:18 AM

Seizure-inducing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 8, 2019 5:16 AM

^^ I hate how those twin beds don't have a headboard. The headboard is a window.

I thrash around too much in my sleep. That's an accident waiting to happen.

by Anonymousreply 82January 8, 2019 8:43 AM

Do we think Leroy and Brent are Dataloungers?

by Anonymousreply 83January 8, 2019 9:18 AM

I haven't seen Instant Hotel yet but there is a British version on Acorn TV called Four in a Bed.

by Anonymousreply 84January 8, 2019 9:31 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85January 8, 2019 10:06 AM

Marry me R85! I heartily agree. Leroy must become our mascot Tasteful Friend. I also suspect he is among the plethora of posters insisting they can pass for younger than their actual age.

by Anonymousreply 86January 8, 2019 10:11 AM

I accept! Well, as long as Leroy is our wedding planner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87January 8, 2019 10:49 AM

Are all the guys on this show homosexual?

by Anonymousreply 88January 8, 2019 2:19 PM

Mullet guy is straight and the one with the American wife.

by Anonymousreply 89January 8, 2019 3:37 PM

This show was too funny and gay!

by Anonymousreply 90January 9, 2019 6:13 AM

any aussies have the scoop on who attacked Shay?

by Anonymousreply 91January 10, 2019 10:44 AM

Sturt is the last name of a famous British explorer that discovered parts of Australia. I’m an Aussie and have known of quite a few people with famous people’s last names for first names. Might be one explanation.

by Anonymousreply 92January 10, 2019 11:59 AM

Shay is full of shit. Where is the police report? Why has nobody corroborated her story? Maybe Leroy was turned straight by her “enhanced” beauty and just had to ravish her...

by Anonymousreply 93January 11, 2019 1:59 PM

So far I only watched the first round (1 - 5) and it was rather lovely. Whenever I saw Pam (from Pam & Bondi) I immediately thought of British comedienne Catherine Tate. I loved Pam & Bondi's campy apartment best, because of the location and the hot drink mixer can mix my drinks anytime! The gay couple really set themselves up for failure for being so bossy and overhyping their instant hotel. Personality wise I liked Adam & Kathy and Mark & Janine best. They seem so laid back and Mark & Janine's place was just cray-cray unique and great for a novelty stay.

by Anonymousreply 94January 11, 2019 10:48 PM

Fuck, so sorry. Of course the woman's name is not Pam, it's Babe!

by Anonymousreply 95January 11, 2019 10:49 PM

IMO. These type of game shows put the first ones at a disadvantage since the players score differently, more strategically, later in the game leaving the first ones in the dust.

by Anonymousreply 96January 11, 2019 10:53 PM

Has Shay announced the day in March when she will reveal the men that “sexually assaulted” her? The woman sounds like a nut job! Any word on when Series 2 will premiere in Australia? I’d imagine we won’t have to wait as long for it to stream on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 97January 12, 2019 5:24 PM

The assault seems to have been forgotten for now. Shay is far too busy fighting the good fight against children, as one does.

{quote] your little disabled brother should seek medical treatment, others are far less fortunate with good hearts. Your half twit companion is ugly outside and inside too. I’d suggest stopping him from smashing his head violently against the keyboard in attempts to try and upset anyone... he desperately needs the last brain cells he has left in that overgrown neanderthal head he has

[quote]I don’t think he knows how to use words yet, he’s a disgusting little child that will grow into a disgusting hateful human being that probably will never experience any worthwhile sex or reproduce any offspring. So thankful for that ❤️💁🏻‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 98January 12, 2019 6:09 PM

[quote] Next, the man (or one of the men) behind the gay accusation ended up in Shay's bedroom and attacked her while she was asleep. She claims to have been screaming and attempting to fight him off while Mikey did nothing. She also said she had no way to escape the room and that her clothes were ripped off.

So, I guess the gay couple really took it personal when Shay complained about the pizzas being burnt.

by Anonymousreply 99January 13, 2019 1:04 AM

Sturt is very likely gay. In the episode of Lynne's and Simon's instant hotel Serena makes an off-hand remark, about the calendar that is part of the gift bag and that calendar features only girls in bikinis, that the calendar is not doing it for her or Sturt.

by Anonymousreply 100January 13, 2019 1:10 AM

What's the big deal of the prize being a stay a mansion that's owned by a big celebrity? Is he supposed to hand over the keys in person or are the guest able to go through the celebrity's personal belongings, or hang out with the celebrity?

by Anonymousreply 101January 13, 2019 1:12 AM

I don't know if that counts as spoiler, but I knew Babe and Bondi would lose after the kitchen oven disaster not to mention with the blunder with the unwashed sheets right out of their plastic packages. It was clear Terry & Anita wouldn't make such mistakes in their home.

If I had the money I'd so take a trip to Bondi Beach and stay in Babe and Bondi's apartment. It's so cool and the area looks great. I wonder how gay it is at Gay Pride?

by Anonymousreply 102January 13, 2019 1:17 AM

The later episodes were just vicious. At first I was shocked when Shay & Mikey showed up as judges in the final two episodes. But then it made sense for the show to keep these two scheming brats and bitches around. But OMG! their instant hotel episode is truly epic when they receive their score. Even better than the one with Brent & Leroy who at least showed some class when they rated the guests.

In the final two episodes James' face looks swollen or bloated (even more than in the early episodes). It was rather odd.

by Anonymousreply 103January 13, 2019 1:30 AM

I hate watched this show and confessed to a friend afterwards that I must be depressed or something in order to have watched it,.

by Anonymousreply 104January 13, 2019 1:54 AM

That episode of Mikey and Shay's instant hotel is truly bizarre. They honestly thought that old furnished home in some posh suburb would win? And I seriously question Mikey's parents' judgement to let Mickey rent their home out to total strangers for these strangers to take care of the pets! But then I would be surprised if anyone has ever rented that place paying for the privilege to be a house and pet sitter.

To be honest a lot of these instant hotels felt like they had odd locations for their rental place as in who'd be interested to spend his holiday there?

by Anonymousreply 105January 13, 2019 2:16 AM

What exactly does “I’m wrapped” mean?

by Anonymousreply 106January 13, 2019 5:47 AM

Means you are excited and very pleased by something. i.e I'm wrapped that Glenn Close ifs finally going to get her Oscar!

by Anonymousreply 107January 13, 2019 5:51 AM

Leroy was so fucking nasty to Babe. What a monster.

by Anonymousreply 108January 13, 2019 4:49 PM

Love the visual of Babe dancing in the second episode about Mark and Janine's instant hotel (that retro diner & party place). So funny.

by Anonymousreply 109January 13, 2019 6:44 PM

Babe & Bondi were my favorite couple, followed by the siblings.

by Anonymousreply 110January 13, 2019 7:40 PM

Couple? Babe & Bondi are a mother and daughter team.

by Anonymousreply 111January 13, 2019 7:49 PM

Janine complaining that Leroy’s decor was too busy and cluttered was rich.

How did Bec and Tristan get that boat? Where are their parents?

by Anonymousreply 112January 13, 2019 10:56 PM

Most of the guys were homosexual on the show.

by Anonymousreply 113January 13, 2019 11:33 PM

Terry/Tezzer is so sexy.

Mikey is awful. Once he comes out, he’ll be a much more pleasant person.

by Anonymousreply 114January 14, 2019 2:31 AM

Six guys in the first group, four are gay. Babe has to be mtf.

by Anonymousreply 115January 14, 2019 4:31 AM

Babe invented the hair cupcake. It’s been a little slow getting off the ground.

[quote]To give this cupcake an even more Brando devil-may-care attitude, I decorated it with with a fondant fisherman’s cap, slicked back hair made of frosting and a Brando wrapper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116January 14, 2019 4:39 AM

Brando cupcakes? Omg.

by Anonymousreply 117January 14, 2019 11:04 AM

Of all of them, I liked the guy in the far left of OP's pic. They tall guy.

He had a great attitude. He was friendly to the other contestants, posed in his underwear when he was squashing grapes with his feets and talked about how he loves running around naked in his private back yard and going in the pool.

That sounds like a vacation for my mouth!

by Anonymousreply 118January 14, 2019 11:20 AM

Adam is definitely a sexy Ozzie, R118. Definitely the one I’d most want to bang, and the couple I’d vaaction with if not getting tipsy with Babe and bondi.

by Anonymousreply 119January 14, 2019 11:23 AM

I LOL'd when Sam was so disgusted by the bed being covered in bugs in Adam's and Kathy's instant hotel when her (or rather her parents!) instant hotel is right next to marshland that comes with giant mosquitoes. She should have been used to bugs and insects in your home.

by Anonymousreply 120January 14, 2019 11:37 AM

There are a lot of hotties on the show. I was taken by surprise how hot daddy Simon (Lynn & Simon) is just walking around in a speedo.

by Anonymousreply 121January 14, 2019 11:41 AM

Luke is dreamy

by Anonymousreply 122January 14, 2019 12:04 PM

I am surprised how gutted I am about the news that the host of the first season doesn't come back for the second season. He was quite the hottie.

by Anonymousreply 123January 14, 2019 12:08 PM

I really fantasized about daddy Simon and lean little farmer Tristan sneaking off together...

by Anonymousreply 124January 15, 2019 11:51 AM

They should rename this the Bad Behavior Show. Bad behavior is what it's all about. Pitting the various owners against one another by having them stay in and then assess one another's properties makes the properties themselves irrelevant. It's all about the scheming. All the schlepping from place to place and whining about the linens is reduced to just so much yammering on about nothing but strategy.

If there is a competition actually taking place, why keep a large cleaning fee when you change everything else about the property? Obviously, no one would do that. It's a big red flag that this is not a competition. I expect a certain lack of sophistication from small business people, but most of these 'competitors' were absolute loons.

Throw them in a cage. Watch them shit on each other. That's all this show is.

by Anonymousreply 125January 15, 2019 1:05 PM

Enjoyed this series. It kind of has a Come Dine with Me vibe. Looking forward to series 2.

by Anonymousreply 126January 21, 2019 10:06 AM

Shay is going to end up on a Bravo reality show eventually.

Serena’s new nose looks great!

by Anonymousreply 127January 21, 2019 10:25 AM

sneak peak of Series 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128January 21, 2019 3:38 PM

"But unfortunately, there's no release date to report, other than that the show is coming to Australia's Channel 7 sometime "soon," in 2019. As for what that means for us Americans who have to wait for the show to arrive on Netflix, it's possible that the streaming platformed picked up the Aussie show with the plans of releasing the second season in a timely fashion. For now, that's all speculation fueled by my personal desire to watch Season 2, like, ASAP."

(the link includes the King Gene clip)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129January 21, 2019 3:40 PM

Tell me again why is it that mike and janine place is seen as charming while leroys place is clustered. I swear it is just as messy, even more tacky b/c of americana red plastered all over. I got headaches just from the forst look around.

by Anonymousreply 130January 23, 2019 1:24 AM

Can *come dine with me* be streamed anywhere in the us? That was similar snarky fun

by Anonymousreply 131January 23, 2019 11:08 AM

I watch a lot of the episodes on YouTube r131.

by Anonymousreply 132January 23, 2019 11:21 AM

Mike and Janine didn’t tout themselves as arbiters of taste and they didn’t throw insults around just to be butch. For all the bragging Brent and Leroy did I had very high expectations..

by Anonymousreply 133January 23, 2019 11:31 AM

Mike and Janine were simple folk with a passion for retro trinkets. They were rather pleasant. Brent and Leroy were just catty bitches who thought their shit doesn't stink, but as it turned out their shit, aka their instant hotel, did stink (after they overpraised it for the entire season).

by Anonymousreply 134January 24, 2019 12:54 PM

I was kind of bummed to see that Mike and Janine’s nostalgia was for American culture.

What was Australian culture like in the 50s and 60s? That’d would have been interesting to me.

by Anonymousreply 135January 24, 2019 8:17 PM

The second season looks epic with that Jurassic themed Instant hotel. And an old goat playing the villain (but he seems to be straight this time around).

by Anonymousreply 136January 24, 2019 8:29 PM

If you’ve ever been to Australia, you’ll notice how it is like the 51st state. The newspapers and news devote their time to US current events. Everyone seems to know all about American trivia, etc.

by Anonymousreply 137January 25, 2019 4:43 AM

Any updates on Season 2?

by Anonymousreply 138February 5, 2019 9:50 PM

This is all I could find, R138. There's no date set for when it shows up on Netflix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139February 5, 2019 10:30 PM

This is the sneak preview from Channel 7 tweeted on January 8th mentioned in the article above.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140February 5, 2019 10:33 PM

R139 Thanks for the update - Hopefully we get it by Summer

by Anonymousreply 141February 5, 2019 11:03 PM

Are there any black people in Australia? Eleven episodes (contestants, hosts, people in the various communities where the instant hotels are located) and no people other than whitey mc whites.

by Anonymousreply 142February 7, 2019 12:45 AM

^^ "whitey mc whites" is RACIST!

by Anonymousreply 143February 8, 2019 11:23 PM

[quote]Mike and Janine were simple folk with a passion for retro trinkets

Mike? 4 posts in a row from 4 different posters and no one points out that their goddamn names are actually Mark and Jannine

by Anonymousreply 144February 8, 2019 11:44 PM

R144, you’re so passionate and righteous. Are you single?

by Anonymousreply 145February 9, 2019 12:14 AM

r142 most of the population is white in Australia. Though they should be Asians and Indigenous aboriginals (at least the mixed ones) on the show. Though higher chance of seeing Asian.

Australia being white with a sprinkle of Asian is probably why it's beloved by Libertarians and Alt-Right. Has Asian females, near Asian countries(including Russia) and mostly white while actively discriminating against aboriginals(black adjacent)

by Anonymousreply 146February 9, 2019 5:04 PM

Are there non-whites in Australia who run Instant Hotels who want to be on this show? I'd guess that the pool is somewhat small but I've never been to Australia so this is just a guess.

by Anonymousreply 147February 9, 2019 5:11 PM

Thanks R146.

by Anonymousreply 148February 9, 2019 9:07 PM

I don't believe that there are *that* much more white people than Aboriginals in Australia.

Instant hotel returns on Monday!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149February 9, 2019 9:34 PM

Justin from season 2 is HOT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150February 16, 2019 6:08 AM

The Aboriginal population is small. Diverse metropolitan areas, white in the rural areas and suburbs.

by Anonymousreply 151February 16, 2019 6:28 AM

Is it an accommodation version of 'My Kitchen Rules'?

by Anonymousreply 152February 16, 2019 6:29 AM

Justin is very hot. Pings GAY to me.

by Anonymousreply 153February 16, 2019 6:30 AM

I need Justin up in my guts. Now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154March 18, 2019 9:09 AM

Sorry 60 year old caftan wearing DLer here and not great with the interweb thingy. If link doesn't work go to Justin Hannan's Instagram page.

by Anonymousreply 155March 18, 2019 9:20 AM

I need more instant Hotel! Any idea when we'll see more in the US?

by Anonymousreply 156March 22, 2019 10:55 AM

Any news on the US Premiere Date?

by Anonymousreply 157April 10, 2019 2:54 AM

Netflix usually posts shows up after their season ends. And it's usually a year after they release a prior season. So we should be seeing Instant Hotel 2 by like this Fall

by Anonymousreply 158April 10, 2019 3:35 AM

Season 2 - June 28!!

by Anonymousreply 159May 22, 2019 3:49 PM

Damn, may have to sign up for Netflix again.

by Anonymousreply 160May 22, 2019 4:02 PM

Yay great news

Thanks for the update

by Anonymousreply 161May 22, 2019 4:06 PM

Hooray!

by Anonymousreply 162May 22, 2019 4:07 PM

Huzzah!

by Anonymousreply 163May 23, 2019 12:45 PM

Can’t wait for this to start June 28th! Hopefully it’s as campy as the 1st season!

by Anonymousreply 164June 11, 2019 3:05 AM

I've watched it already and sadly it's not as campy. Quite bitchy though, but has a different host who is annoying. I preferred season one.

by Anonymousreply 165June 11, 2019 4:54 AM

The first one was soul-sucking. The big thing the second season has going for it is that it cannot possibly be worse than the first.

by Anonymousreply 166June 12, 2019 12:56 AM

Shay looks so much like m. Markle!, porn version but same face

by Anonymousreply 167June 13, 2019 4:14 AM

Aww, too bad season 2 isn’t as good. Still gonna watch it though.

by Anonymousreply 168June 14, 2019 3:11 AM

Justin = Deliciousness

by Anonymousreply 169July 2, 2019 12:00 AM

I came down with the flu over the weekend and binged Instant Hotel, it was pretty good for what it was. I really enjoyed the first round of contestants, the bitchy ones (Babe, Bondi, Leroy) were absolute gems compared to the cunts in the second round of contestants. The grading scale makes nooo sense.

I just finished episode 10 and I'm so puzzled by detective Sabrina's OUTRAGE about the art prints not being original artworks. Anyone with half a brain would know that wasn't a real Rembrandt!! I was so happy to see Juliette give Mikey and Shay a low score. I love Juliette, I'm so happy she's returning to season 2!!

I hope season 2 has more diversity with regard to the type of accommodation provided. I guess they need large accommodations to hold 8 people, but... ugh, they were all so boring after awhile. I can't imagine wanting to vacation in a suburb during a visit to Australia, but I guess the audience for these instant hotels are local Australians (okay who am I to judge, I stayed in a suburb outside of Copenhagen years ago because I was too cheap to stay in the city... which I regret). Do people have instant hotels in the outback?! In Tasmania?

by Anonymousreply 170July 4, 2019 12:34 AM

Season 2 has arrived on Netflix!

by Anonymousreply 171July 6, 2019 2:15 AM

That Gene is fucking insane and such a game player. Love the prick

by Anonymousreply 172July 6, 2019 2:38 AM

Such hateful cunts.

by Anonymousreply 173July 6, 2019 2:45 AM

I watched all of season 2 last week but kept falling asleep during the final episode!

by Anonymousreply 174July 6, 2019 3:05 AM

"I would rather die than eat a sausage."

by Anonymousreply 175July 6, 2019 4:03 AM

Something tells me Gene sampled a sausage or two in his day ...

by Anonymousreply 176July 7, 2019 12:20 AM

I finished season 2 last week. Justin and Jay would make a cute couple.

by Anonymousreply 177July 7, 2019 1:59 AM

I just binged the first season. It hit my sweet spot of not going too deep into reality TV hijinks. At least, the first half did. There were two lovely couples in the first round, and the trustafarians seemed pretty nice too. Seeing the piss-elegant queens get their comeuppance was good TV. Didn't enjoy the second half as much because of the higher levels of narcissism and bad behavior. But it's always interesting to see how even a little bit of competition will bring out the worst in some people.

I wouldn't mind going on vacation with Adam and Kathy, or Bec & Tristan.

by Anonymousreply 178July 8, 2019 2:26 PM

Being an Australian reality show, one of the men has to be a male stripper.

by Anonymousreply 179July 8, 2019 2:28 PM

Mikey did a little AMA:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180July 8, 2019 3:50 PM

They casted too many old people for season two. I wanted more younger pairs like season one.

Also interesting DL didn’t talk about the dude that showed his ass

by Anonymousreply 181July 10, 2019 11:52 PM

spam posted by ip address 5.226.139.164 removed.

by Anonymousreply 182July 11, 2019 12:08 AM

Just watched the first ep of season two. While I miss the eye candy the new host is better. And Justin & Jay bring the eye candy. Please tell me it's one of them that shows their ass.

by Anonymousreply 183July 11, 2019 8:26 AM

Season two was a lot less catty. That's not a positive.

by Anonymousreply 184July 11, 2019 11:12 AM

Does anyone else think that young couple was trying to get Justin in bed or was it television. There were several homoerotic moments between Justin and that other dude with the GF with the nod of approval.

by Anonymousreply 185July 12, 2019 1:20 AM

You’re not the only one who caught that vibe, R185. The guy half of the couple really wanted to get Justin naked (and at one point, into the shower!). Makes me wish for an Instant Hotel: After Dark!

by Anonymousreply 186July 12, 2019 9:17 PM

Ha ha, yeah, Jay egging on Justin to drop his trunks was interesting.

There should be an American version of this show. Huge pool of potential contestants.

by Anonymousreply 187July 13, 2019 12:22 PM

r187 yep and several channels where the show fits. Anyone pitch to HGTV, Destination America (Travel) yet?

by Anonymousreply 188July 13, 2019 3:01 PM

They're probably figuring out how to make it more stressful and obnoxious.

"While you were out kayaking, we trashed your instant hotel. You have two hours and a budget of $50 to fix it. Let's go the dollar store!"

by Anonymousreply 189July 13, 2019 3:32 PM

There can also be a show like Undercover Boss undercover city officials trying to discover and shut down illegal airbnbs in San Francisco and New York City.

by Anonymousreply 190July 13, 2019 6:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!