Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Margaret O'Brien

much better than Judy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 26, 2018 4:13 PM

I can't stand her in this. She's so over the top with that accent and the long answers.

by Anonymousreply 1December 26, 2018 4:03 AM

r1

Shut up Dorothy

by Anonymousreply 2December 26, 2018 4:09 AM

We always forget her when we make lists of MGM's surviving stars and she was one of their biggest.

So add her name to: Leslie Caron, Jane Powell, Angela Lansbury and Russ Tamblyn.

by Anonymousreply 3December 26, 2018 4:19 AM

She was such a pretty girl on WML

by Anonymousreply 4December 26, 2018 4:22 AM

I'm always surprised to find out that she was second-billed in "Meet Me In St. Louis." Seems like many of the other cast members were bigger names at the time, and some had substantial parts. Wasn't it unusual for a child star to get such prominent billing?

by Anonymousreply 5December 26, 2018 4:39 AM

Caron, Powell, and Lansbury were on a level O'Brien couldn't touch. Definitely she and Russ Tamblyn belong on the same list, though.

by Anonymousreply 6December 26, 2018 4:41 AM

Mags, feeling a little blue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 26, 2018 4:44 AM

Margaret O'Brien today at 81. The pierced nostril is an unexpected touch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 26, 2018 4:46 AM

r6

Lansbury? Oh please, if I hadn't handed her the role of her lifetime, she'd be a nobody today

by Anonymousreply 9December 26, 2018 5:39 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 26, 2018 5:47 AM

O'Brien got second billing in MMISL because she was a huge star during WWII, one of MGM's hottest commodities during the 1940s.

Her popularity was far greater than Caron, Powell or Lansbury ever attained at MGM.

by Anonymousreply 11December 26, 2018 2:15 PM

Surprisingly, this Tales from the Darkside episode is my favorite of Margaret's work:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 26, 2018 2:29 PM

Always heard she was a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 13December 26, 2018 4:03 PM

Dear me!

by Anonymousreply 14December 26, 2018 4:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!