Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tiramisù

Outside Italy, one must go to a very luxurious Italian restaurant to enjoy a full-flavored satisfying Tiramisù. It's usually meh everywhere else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 20, 2018 8:26 PM

Make it at home if you can, OP. It's not too difficult, given access to all of the right ingredients.

by Anonymousreply 1December 20, 2018 6:49 PM

Your Italian language skills are too low for you to be posting this.

by Anonymousreply 2December 20, 2018 7:28 PM

Who remember s the tiramisu episode on the Nanny?

by Anonymousreply 3December 20, 2018 7:29 PM

its just google translate to give flavah, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 4December 20, 2018 7:29 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 20, 2018 7:31 PM

Those Savoiardi biscuits are amazing on their own, egg-y and not too sweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 20, 2018 7:33 PM

I don't think I like traditional Tiramisu. I once went to my old college at the University of London and there were some students at a stand selling Tiramisu portions for 1 pound each, the proceeds going to charity. They had used no mascarpone cheese, but cream, and it was delicious; the most delicious tiramisu I've ever had. I suppose that is sacrilege.

by Anonymousreply 7December 20, 2018 8:01 PM

The coffee, booze and biscuits have to be the best. The coffee and booze have to be powerful and equal, then blended together by the cream & egg.

by Anonymousreply 8December 20, 2018 8:05 PM

I dislike rum cake and many booze desserts, but this one I like. Sadly its rare cooks, or rather "kitchens" I suppose, get the coffee and booze right. That's my point of view. Maybe people like a bland sweet result.

by Anonymousreply 9December 20, 2018 8:07 PM

OP is pretentious.

by Anonymousreply 10December 20, 2018 8:08 PM

Not just tiramisu. Most dishes are better at a “truly luxurious” restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 11December 20, 2018 8:11 PM

R11 not true

by Anonymousreply 12December 20, 2018 8:12 PM

No shit, Sherlock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 20, 2018 8:13 PM

True. Better quality ingredients.

by Anonymousreply 14December 20, 2018 8:13 PM

I was once molested by tiramisu.

by Anonymousreply 15December 20, 2018 8:14 PM

It is perhaps one of the most over-done and bastardized desserts out there. Enduring thousands of bad variations on this stuff during the 1990's pretty much killed Tiramisu for me (OK, in honesty I stopped trying them after the first 100 or so...). To each his own, but I really can't think of any particular restaurant that makes a good version of this recipe. It strikes me as a "lazy" dessert for the masses that is easy to make in bulk and rather cheaply.

by Anonymousreply 16December 20, 2018 8:14 PM

R16 it's not easy to make, no one gets it right

by Anonymousreply 17December 20, 2018 8:20 PM

R17 - I do not disagree with you, but as I said - it is easy to make in BULK. I think that somewhat explains an element of its popularity.

by Anonymousreply 18December 20, 2018 8:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!